Semoball

High School Basketball Forum: Saxony boys basketball program

Posted by crusader on Sun, Nov 25, 2012, at 5:43 PM:

I've been a watcher of saxony for years now and have realized that SEMO ball has lacked attention on this schools program. Granted that they aren't any SCC or Cape but they still are a great program. They should have a great year this year with a good group of seniors leading them.....

Replies (12)

People tend to pay attention to a winner.

-- Posted by thunderstick on Sun, Nov 25, 2012, at 7:01 PM
  • crusader. what is happening at Saxony that will get everyone excited? i am interested.

-- Posted by JacksonTF-1000 on Sun, Nov 25, 2012, at 7:06 PM
  • Well two years ago they were district champs and made it to the district title game last year. I would call that a winner.

-- Posted by grizzfan93 on Sun, Nov 25, 2012, at 8:25 PM
  • Well two years ago they were district champs and made it to the district title game last year. I would call that a winner.

-- Posted by grizzfan93 on Sun, Nov 25, 2012, at 8:25 PM
  • And you definitely need to keep an eye on their girls team over the next few years. Just beat sikeston by about 30 with 12 freshmen on varsity, 3 of which started

-- Posted by grizzfan93 on Sun, Nov 25, 2012, at 8:27 PM
  • that is great. it is good to hear some news from up north every once in a while. ball in the south is awesome but there are other teams to talk about.

-- Posted by JacksonTF-1000 on Sun, Nov 25, 2012, at 9:29 PM
  • Dont get too excited about ur girls team beating sikeston, ladydawgz graduated 4 starters and its gonna be a long season for them.

-- Posted by cirithungol17 on Sun, Nov 25, 2012, at 11:01 PM

Thunderstick either needs to remove a stick or pay more attention that the 10 mile radius around him. I hate comments that asinine and pretentious. Saxony has had some really talented teams and they have been overlooked for years.

-- Posted by Jolly Dump on Sun, Nov 25, 2012, at 11:33 PM
  • Does Saxony have any other big men other than Jack Lake? I haven't gotten to see them this year

-- Posted by crusader on Sat, Jan 5, 2013, at 1:09 AM

Bohnert-ish I believe. They're coming in under a new coach learning a new system, against more talented teams, I look to see them on the rise in 2-3-4 years here

-- Posted by BillShakespeare on Sat, Jan 5, 2013, at 1:12 AM
  • I've heard the JV team is alright. I also believe Bohnert is a senior and a guard but he is a big part of the team. I'm going to try to catch a game next week when they play a district rival Jefferson

-- Posted by crusader on Sat, Jan 5, 2013, at 1:24 AM
  • Haven't seen the boys play this year, but as often happens, there are years when a team is up and years when they are down. This happens to be a year when Saxony is down. I believe they graduated all but 1 (maybe 2) starters from last year's team which finished about .500 on the season, and they have their 3rd coach in as many years.

The bright spot for Saxony this year is the girls team which has a very talented group of freshmen. They recently won the Kelso Supply Classic, defeating both Notre Dame and Cape Central. They are playing today in the championship game of the Delta New Years Tournament. I think they field a squad of 7 freshmen and 2 seniors. If they continue to improve, they should be a fun group to watch the next few years.

-- Posted by countryfolk on Sat, Jan 5, 2013, at 12:57 PM

Respond to this thread

Posting a comment requires free registration: