Semoball

High School Basketball Forum: Ryan Willen

Posted by Kobeyashi on Fri, Aug 17, 2012, at 8:02 PM:

Ryan Willen, a former ND Stand out has signed a professional contract to play over seas in Denmark

Replies (6)

• Congrats to Ryan. Hope he keeps up with his med school studies so he has a career after basketball, if he needs it.

-- Posted by V,B on Sat, Aug 18, 2012, at 2:07 AM

Very cool news. Congrats to one of the finest to come out of our area.

-- Posted by Captain Awesome on Mon, Aug 20, 2012, at 6:44 AM
  • Kobeyashi....did he graduate? I'm glad he is playing professionally. His game (at least in high school) seemed to be "European." You know....the post player who has a perimeter game. He obviously is a very good player.

-- Posted by Rocket689 on Mon, Aug 20, 2012, at 8:18 AM

Yes, he graduated this past year from Lafeyette University, and I totally agree his game will translate real well in Europe.

-- Posted by Kobeyashi on Mon, Aug 20, 2012, at 10:19 AM
  • I'm glad to hear he graduated. I don't know him, but I was pretty sure that he was a smart kid....given by where he attended college. Before he started college, I was told he was going to become a doctor....and someone mentioned that on this thread. Surely he didn't graduate medical school already, did he? I don't blame him AT ALL for playing professionally. He can earn a living and always go to med school later.

-- Posted by Rocket689 on Mon, Aug 20, 2012, at 10:33 AM

Smart for sure. He was the Patriot League's Basketball Scholar Athlete of the year for 2011-2012. That's a high honor regardless of conference, but it's extra special in the Patriot League.

-- Posted by Captain Awesome on Mon, Aug 20, 2012, at 11:44 AM

Respond to this thread

Posting a comment requires free registration: