Semoball

High School Basketball Forum: Caurthersville

Posted by Hello3 on Sat, Jun 16, 2012, at 3:39 PM:

Hey has anyone seen caurtherville varsity this year. They look like a very strong team. The center is really good

Replies (24)

I wonder how many are going to take the hook on this one? A little too hot to be fishing today lol.

-- Posted by Cheesehead. on Sat, Jun 16, 2012, at 5:16 PM
  • I dont really know what that menas but ok. Hey do u know who turre center is he is really talented

-- Posted by Hello3 on Sat, Jun 16, 2012, at 8:41 PM
  • I loved these random posts when tim smith first started at Puxico, like "heard puxico might be really good this year, what do u think".

Now he's at CVille and we're getting the same thing. Classic Tim Smith posts!!!

I honestly can't wait for him to get a job somewhere else just to see these posts.

-- Posted by El Burro on Sat, Jun 16, 2012, at 10:52 PM
  • I believe his name is mike

-- Posted by Dustin Ruby on Sat, Jun 16, 2012, at 10:53 PM
  • And just to answer your question, no very few people went to dexter or semo to see your guys play. Yes the center is talented, but the team looks sloppy against good competition. Sorry, definitely won't get past a program like charleston when the season comes around. Big difference in summer ball when personal fouls aren't called and the games are a lot longer.

Hope youre not planning to use your "snow bird" offense against a lot of the teams you're going to play. A lot of the teams you will play now live on offensive boards and sending someone deep every possession will eventually come back to haunt you.

I always wondered if you ever really set down with game film against good teams and looked to see if that strategy worked. What percentage of the time did u get a lay up off snowbirding over giving up an offensive rebound.

-- Posted by El Burro on Sat, Jun 16, 2012, at 11:07 PM
  • Who's Caurthersville?

-- Posted by DaleDoback on Sat, Jun 16, 2012, at 11:33 PM

Wow asdf1234, sounds like you have some beef with Coach Smith... Maybe you two need to hash it out but if not, why the sudden interest in his coaching style? No sense in putting down the players for Cville because of your apparent dislike for Smith.

I don't know the guy at all so I can't sit here and say he will be good or bad for our program. Cville hasn't really been a "contender" in basketball as far as I can remember. Sure they have had a couple good season in the last 15 years but that's about it. I look for Cville to be competitive again but probably down some from the last two years. If Heeb would have stayed, I'd say they have a chance to knock off Charleston but since I know ZERO about him or his style, I just don't know. I will say that he hasn't had the talent that Cville has. These kids can get up and down the court pretty quick and are use to playing a fast tempo game.

Teams like Charleston and Sikeston, they play year round, there is a reason they are THAT good. Caruthersville main focus always has been and always will be, football. The kids at Cville don't play bball all year long. When summer time hits, the kids at cville are hitting the weights and getting ready for football.

-- Posted by Cheesehead. on Sun, Jun 17, 2012, at 12:13 AM
  • I would hope Timmy (or any teacher/coach) could spell better than the guy who started this post. Sounds like a kid fishing for a compliment to me.

-- Posted by herbsmith on Sun, Jun 17, 2012, at 6:36 AM
  • The kids moving up to varsity next year for Cville never lost in jr high. The last 2 years in JV they had great teams and that was with a lot of guys moved up to varsity. Last year the JV team won the conference championship with I think 4 sophs up on varsity most of the year. So now that all of those kids are playing kids their own age they will be a force in the area. I think they will be really good this year. Charleston lost a lot of players so maybe Cville can win the district. Not all of our basketball guys play football so you can bet a lot of them are getting ready for the season already.

-- Posted by gocvilletigers on Sun, Jun 17, 2012, at 2:29 PM

Not all of them play but the majority of the starters do. Darrell Monroe, Jamall Johnson, Steve Rogers, Tyler Grissom, Jeremy Grant are the ones I know that play football.

-- Posted by Cheesehead. on Sun, Jun 17, 2012, at 3:54 PM
  • Look i didnt mean to start a fight i just was wondering if who turre center was. They looked pretty good against egyptian but they only care about showing off and dont play any defense

-- Posted by Hello3 on Sun, Jun 17, 2012, at 7:28 PM
  • Also what is the whole snow bird offense

-- Posted by Hello3 on Sun, Jun 17, 2012, at 7:30 PM
  • And herb smith I only had one miss spelled word. So look a little more before u make a uneducated comment

-- Posted by Hello3 on Sun, Jun 17, 2012, at 7:34 PM
  • "an" uneducated comment.

-- Posted by semo7178 on Sun, Jun 17, 2012, at 7:57 PM
  • Ok I though we were here to talk about caurthersville not about my grammar.

-- Posted by Hello3 on Sun, Jun 17, 2012, at 8:01 PM

We could talk about Caruthersville. Not sure where "Caurthersville" is.

-- Posted by sideline starter on Sun, Jun 17, 2012, at 8:31 PM
  • Like I said not here to talk about my grammar just there team. So you guys don't have to be such keyboard warriors

-- Posted by Hello3 on Sun, Jun 17, 2012, at 8:52 PM

"Their" team

-- Posted by catfish_162001 on Sun, Jun 17, 2012, at 10:46 PM

Internet rule # 1: Don't feed the trolls.

-- Posted by whistleone on Sun, Jun 17, 2012, at 10:47 PM
  • So does anyone know the name of center

-- Posted by Hello3 on Sun, Jun 17, 2012, at 11:01 PM
  • Tyler Grissom

-- Posted by herbsmith on Mon, Jun 18, 2012, at 6:27 AM
  • O well he is a great player

-- Posted by Hello3 on Mon, Jun 18, 2012, at 1:26 PM
  • Are you thinking of Darrell Monroe? 6'2" and about 230 (I'm guessing)?

-- Posted by gianthook on Mon, Jun 18, 2012, at 4:55 PM
  • Idk this guy looked taller than 6 2 but he might of been. He was a pretty built guy

-- Posted by Hello3 on Mon, Jun 18, 2012, at 6:52 PM

Respond to this thread

Posting a comment requires free registration: