High School Basketball Forum: Dexter Varsity Basketball Coach

Posted by REDDIRT DOG on Mon, Apr 30, 2012, at 1:25 PM:

Rumor is he turned in his resignation.

Replies (21)

• When did you hear this?

-- Posted by Dexter Native on Mon, Apr 30, 2012, at 1:28 PM
  • Today

-- Posted by REDDIRT DOG on Mon, Apr 30, 2012, at 1:40 PM
  • And to be honest this was from a very reliable source that would know.

-- Posted by REDDIRT DOG on Mon, Apr 30, 2012, at 2:28 PM
  • see,Kennett going to class 4 is already having an impact. JUST KIDDING, JUST KIDDING could not pass it up sorry. Hope it works out for the best Dexter is always very tough .

-- Posted by attitude and effort on Mon, Apr 30, 2012, at 2:43 PM
  • Good one! Dexter has a ton of coaching vacancies. I don't know how they're going to fill them all. They don't have enough teaching postions open to hire people outside the school system.

-- Posted by REDDIRT DOG on Mon, Apr 30, 2012, at 3:00 PM
  • Been awhile since I've watched a lot of Dexter games. Do they have a lot coming back or coming up from the lower levels.

-- Posted by El Burro on Mon, Apr 30, 2012, at 9:41 PM
  • Seriously, why in the heck would anyone want to coach at Dexter? Go to a baseball game. You've got parents that have never played an inning of varsity baseball/softball blaming the coach for Little Johnny's shortcomings. Same with basketball, total disrespect. Football team imploded the last game due to senior's bickering. Parents backstabbing other parents and then smiling and acting like friends to their face. I can see why Rob Nichols hit the road.

-- Posted by sonny6killer on Tue, May 1, 2012, at 7:44 AM
  • Gee sonny, sounds like you know alot about Dexter, you one of those backstabbing parents?

-- Posted by X-coach on Tue, May 1, 2012, at 8:19 AM
  • Gee Coach, I am not. Are you even a coach or you one of the "coaches" in the bleachers?

-- Posted by sonny6killer on Tue, May 1, 2012, at 8:51 AM
  • Gee Coach, I am not. Are you even a coach or you one of the "coaches" in the bleachers?

-- Posted by sonny6killer on Tue, May 1, 2012, at 8:51 AM
  • Gee ..... Yep!

-- Posted by X-coach on Tue, May 1, 2012, at 8:55 PM
  • Golly Gee let's all work this out calmly

-- Posted by LocalUmp on Tue, May 1, 2012, at 8:57 PM
  • Dexter is not always tough in basketball!

-- Posted by praiseman on Tue, May 1, 2012, at 10:47 PM
  • Dexter is not always tough in basketball!

-- Posted by praiseman on Tue, May 1, 2012, at 10:48 PM
  • Sounds like old times,in Dexter!

-- Posted by objective fan on Wed, May 2, 2012, at 5:59 PM
  • I can't remember the last time Dexter had good boys basketball

-- Posted by BIGELW on Thu, May 3, 2012, at 9:21 AM
  • I heard they inquired on Tom brown formerly of meadow heights

-- Posted by LocalUmp on Thu, May 3, 2012, at 9:31 AM
  • Very good teams in the early 2000's.

-- Posted by REDDIRT DOG on Thu, May 3, 2012, at 10:26 AM

Not true...he has not resigned. He is a great coach and I think he does a great job of coaching these young men to play the game the right way...with pride and character. It is always difficult for a coach to manage the "extras" that come along with leading a varisty program in the community off the court. I think Dexter has a history of letting to many things get in the way of what a quality coach is doing for these kids between the lines.

-- Posted by bam79 on Thu, May 3, 2012, at 3:06 PM
  • I didn't think he had resigned. Dexter went to the final four in 2004 maybe. Sometimes things run in cycles in high school sports. We have been a little stronger in football the last few years, but things will come around again for the boys basketball program.

-- Posted by Dexter Native on Thu, May 3, 2012, at 3:12 PM
  • My sons attend Dexter High School and they came home yesterday telling me Coach Nichols has not resigned. And that the whole thing was just "a semoball rumor." BTW, their info came from another coach. Let us all learn a lesson from this and not post rumors.

-- Posted by Preacher Man Fan on Fri, May 4, 2012, at 12:10 PM

Respond to this thread

Posting a comment requires free registration: