Semoball

High School Basketball Forum: Charleston.....STATE CHAMPS!!!

Posted by birdfan on Sat, Mar 17, 2012, at 11:07 PM:

11th banner to hang in the Jays' Nest

Replies (35)

scott1130.....I want to know how that crow tastes!!!!!!

-- Posted by birdfan on Sat, Mar 17, 2012, at 11:08 PM

Grats Bird! Charleston showed they were the best in the state tonight! Farmer is a legend.

-- Posted by Cheesehead. on Sat, Mar 17, 2012, at 11:11 PM

Bird....you cheered them on to their 11th title! You always believed in these kids! Big props to you and Mrs. Bird! What a team!

-- Posted by semotexex on Sat, Mar 17, 2012, at 11:13 PM

Thanks, Cheese!! Just gotta rub this in to scott1130

-- Posted by birdfan on Sat, Mar 17, 2012, at 11:14 PM
  • Good job coach farmer and the players. They never panicked tonight and hit the shots from the charity strip all night long.

-- Posted by Xieta27 on Sat, Mar 17, 2012, at 11:14 PM

I did the same to Scott on cover it live. He's nowhere to be found!😜

-- Posted by semotexex on Sat, Mar 17, 2012, at 11:15 PM

They found Hogan Prep's achilles heel and they exploited it. Great job coaches and players!!!!

-- Posted by birdfan on Sat, Mar 17, 2012, at 11:15 PM

I agree! I would too.. He is pro Stl! Semo showed the rest of the state who the best really is!

-- Posted by Cheesehead. on Sat, Mar 17, 2012, at 11:16 PM

Coaching makes the difference wasn't long ago that the CHS faithful were yelling fire Farmer.. Hmmmm.. Coach Farmer an Wright got it done to bad Holifield didnt.

-- Posted by stlfan38 on Sat, Mar 17, 2012, at 11:17 PM

I read a lot on this site but I don't comment to much. I just can't see where Scott and them were coming from earlier saying that the talent in semo is down. To have two champs and a third place team I'll take that down year anytime.

-- Posted by mz259 on Sat, Mar 17, 2012, at 11:18 PM

Well it's been real bball season over I'll go to the All star game and be back same time same channel next year.. Peace. Congrats Farmer an Wright

-- Posted by stlfan38 on Sat, Mar 17, 2012, at 11:19 PM
  • GREAT JOB JAYS AND COACH FARMER!

-- Posted by Ronnie1 on Sat, Mar 17, 2012, at 11:19 PM
  • Great job Charleston, SCC, and Hayti! Way to make SEMO proud. Congrats on a great season!!!

-- Posted by phi365 on Sat, Mar 17, 2012, at 11:25 PM
  • has semo ever won class 1,2,&3 in same year?

-- Posted by weslc61 on Sat, Mar 17, 2012, at 11:32 PM
  • CONGRAT CTOWN JOB WELL DONE GOOD JOB TO THE PLAYERS AND COACH FARMER

-- Posted by kmasters on Sat, Mar 17, 2012, at 11:33 PM

Yes. I believe it was 75.

-- Posted by semotexex on Sat, Mar 17, 2012, at 11:34 PM

Was it Charleston, Lilbourn and Advance?

-- Posted by birdfan on Sat, Mar 17, 2012, at 11:35 PM

Yes. I remember the Semo Power bumper stickers! Man Frazier was amazing!

-- Posted by semotexex on Sat, Mar 17, 2012, at 11:42 PM

Best high school player I ever saw, bar none!!

-- Posted by birdfan on Sat, Mar 17, 2012, at 11:49 PM
  • 1980 was SCC, Charleston, and Cape all winning it.

-- Posted by igobybob on Sat, Mar 17, 2012, at 11:53 PM

Ditto! Still at the top...even 35 years later! When Olajuwon came here to Houston, I swear I had flashbacks of ole Ricky. He was that good.

-- Posted by semotexex on Sat, Mar 17, 2012, at 11:55 PM

It was an honor to be the TV voice of this team. Covering a program like Charleston from start to finish can only give you goose bumps when the end result is reached.

Congratulations to Hall of Fame Coach Danny Farmer and the 11-time state champion Charleston Bluejays, who have become the first team EVER in Missouri to make 20 trips to the Showdown.

-- Posted by vincebrown on Sat, Mar 17, 2012, at 11:59 PM

Ricky had a heck of game against that phi slamma jamma team in the NCAA tourney when he played for Mizzou

-- Posted by birdfan on Sun, Mar 18, 2012, at 12:00 AM

You're a class act Vince. Great job this year!

-- Posted by semotexex on Sun, Mar 18, 2012, at 12:03 AM
  • Way to Go!

-- Posted by UFO on Sun, Mar 18, 2012, at 6:28 AM
  • your still out of it scott. Drink plenty of water and get some rest today and you'll be back to normal tomorrow.

-- Posted by gerardo on Sun, Mar 18, 2012, at 8:07 AM

OHHHHH KNOW, HOGAN DID LOOK GOOD, WE JUST ARE THE BETTER TEAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!

-- Posted by 11TIMEST.CHMPS@BLUEJAYS on Sun, Mar 18, 2012, at 8:16 AM

I just saw a pig fly!! Scott, you manned up! Green beer works wonders! 👍

-- Posted by semotexex on Sun, Mar 18, 2012, at 8:28 AM

scott1130....your verbage has changed....that one word, "thought" is quite different from your original statement of "fact" that I called you out on.

I would never have called you out had you said you "thought" Hogan Prep would win, but you said it was a "fact" that Hogan Prep would win. Therefore, I have a zantac for you when that crow starts burning up your gut!!

-- Posted by birdfan on Sun, Mar 18, 2012, at 9:51 AM

Everyone is entitled to one's own opinion and should be respected for it. But to utter the word "fact" that Charleston won't win...that's way over the top, scott1130.

I guess it's time to turn the page and resume all this, next season. Will look forward to our expresssion of opinion, next year!!

-- Posted by birdfan on Sun, Mar 18, 2012, at 11:01 AM
  • @scott1130: Four tournament wins including the state tournament. 31-2 record. The only Missouri team to beat Charleston was Class 5 Cape Central and only then with an extremely banged up Tucker and Gray. The only other team to beat the Jays this season was a Class 7 Arkansas team during the opening weekend of the season. What more do you want? Go over in the corner and eat your crow and be quiet.

-- Posted by bluejay_fan_natic20 on Sun, Mar 18, 2012, at 11:13 AM
  • I have to admit, I really didn't think the Jays were that good although I was definately hoping they would win the title. They made a believer out of me. Awesome team especially for their lack of a really big post player. IMO if they would have had that last component, a BIG man inside, they would have been nationally ranked for sure. I'm aware of their inside game. Don't think I'm degrading that. I only mean a player like Otto Porter or Tyler Hansbrough. A REALLY BIG player. Just my opinion.

-- Posted by Ronnie1 on Sun, Mar 18, 2012, at 1:09 PM

Coach Farmer said it best when he spoke of Charleston's depth. He said that when all was said and done after 32 minutes of basketball, Charleston would have the last man standing. How prophetic!!

-- Posted by birdfan on Sun, Mar 18, 2012, at 3:47 PM
  • This is to punktail scott,HOW BOUT THEM BLUEJAYS!!!!!! Man forget eating crow,scott should be ashamed of himself talking bout theses kids from the bootheel. If I had a chance to see him in person,............ But that shows you what kind of person he is. These teams from semo can hang with the best of them. Look how my boy C.Frazier got MRH,beating up on the St.Louis teams. He's a product of CHS. So can the bootheel win state in all classes but still get called not good enough or weak. Sikeston went 33-0 and I guess u(scott) think that was weak also. Down here we play ball not just on paper. Congrads to SCC,HYATI and CHS on a good season and a good weekend at Columbia.

-- Posted by pe-co85 on Sun, Mar 18, 2012, at 5:32 PM
  • Congrats, to SCC, HAYTI, and the CHARLESTON BLUE JAYS!!! I also want to give a shout out to all the players and coaches! A poll or survey was taken questioning whether u would rather have talented players or a good coach. This years highschool playoffs answered the question. Outside speculators stated that the talent was down in the Semo area. (2) State Championships, and (1) Third place finish by these "down" Semo teams, let's me know that "Great" coaches can get the best out of average players! Way to go Danny, and I'm not going to leave out assistant Coach Randy Thompson. It has truly been an exciting year for all of the fans in Southeast Mo. "Keep representing our style of basketball."

-- Posted by Highriser on Sun, Mar 18, 2012, at 7:04 PM

Respond to this thread

Posting a comment requires free registration: