Semoball

High School Basketball Forum: TRIED TO HAND MOUNT VERNON THE GAME!!

Posted by 11TIMEST.CHMPS@BLUEJAYS on Fri, Mar 16, 2012, at 8:21 AM:

LOOK AT THE PICTURE OF A MOUNT VERNON PLAYER TRYING TO TIP THE BALL IN THE WAINING SECONDS. THERE'S 3 SECONDS ON THE CLOCK BEFORE THE FOUL WAS CALLED, BUT THEY PUT 4 SECONDS BACK ON THE CLOCK. YOU TELL ME??????

Replies (79)

THEY TRIED TO ROB THE JAYS!!!! I WAS THERE AND THIS IS NOT HERE SAY, OR OBSERVING THE PICTURE. ACTUALLY THERE WAS ONLY 2 SECONDS WHEN THE WHISTLE BLEW!!.YOU TELL ME???????

-- Posted by 11TIMEST.CHMPS@BLUEJAYS on Fri, Mar 16, 2012, at 8:22 AM

(HEAR) I MEAN. YOU HEARD THE MOANS WHEN THEY ADDED THAT MUCH TIME BACK. HOW DO YOU MAKE THAT KIND OF MISTAKE. BUT MOUNT VERNON WAS A GREAT TEAM, REMIDED ME OF A REALLY GOOD NOTRE DAME TEAM!! THEY LEAD THE WHOLE GAME, THE JAYS TOOK THE LEAD TWICE(IN THE FIRST HALF AND THE FINAL FREE THROWS)

-- Posted by 11TIMEST.CHMPS@BLUEJAYS on Fri, Mar 16, 2012, at 8:25 AM

NO OFFENSE, BUT MOUNT VERNON WOULD BEAT CAPE, BLUFF, DEXTER,THEIR TWIN(NOTRE DAME) NMCC, MALDEN, AND CAN BEAT SIKESTON AND US. WE WERE ICE COLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

-- Posted by 11TIMEST.CHMPS@BLUEJAYS on Fri, Mar 16, 2012, at 8:28 AM
  • Let me get this straight..... The game is coming down to the wire and Mount Vernon gets called for an over the back call and Charleston got shafted?? Hmmm...I don't think I would characterize it that way. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think MSHSAA uses instant replay. How could you possibly say that Charleston got robbed?

-- Posted by Rocket689 on Fri, Mar 16, 2012, at 8:31 AM
  • If you are interested in doing so I must recommend the use of your caps lock button one more time. However, if you say that they could certainly beat every team in Southeast Missouri, why art thoust complaining about thine victory?

-- Posted by Bill Shakespeare on Fri, Mar 16, 2012, at 8:39 AM

Here's what I thought about it.

I think Mt.Vernon would be a good Semo team, but I dont think they would beat Sikeston or Cape IMO. Charleston had a horrible night of basketball and still won the game. I don't think Charleston has played that bad all year. They were getting open shots but they just was not falling for the Jays. Their defense is what kept them in the game last night! Tucker had a HUGE night on the defensive end, and he came up big like he normally does in the fourth. I wouldn't give Mt. Vernon credit on the Jays shooting trouble's, sometimes the ball just doesn't bounce your way.

I did notice though, during the Hayti and Charleston game, the refs really were being strict on both Semo schools. Every time someone tried to play tough defense, a foul would get called. Esp in the Hayti game, geez that was just horrible. The refs didn't cost Hayti the game though, they just came out and played horrible in the 2nd half. There was a bunch of calls that was bogus in both games and it was very obvious from my point of view. Also, how biased was that broadcaster for FoxSports? He didn't even try to make it look even either. Maybe it was just me, I dunno, but Semo is very lucky to have two teams playing for the title.

Good luck to SCC and Charleston in the Championship games. Bring Semo home a title.

-- Posted by Cheesehead. on Fri, Mar 16, 2012, at 8:40 AM
  • - The Caps lock button is most oftenly found to the immediate left of the 'A' key

-- Posted by Bill Shakespeare on Fri, Mar 16, 2012, at 8:40 AM

I watched the last bit of the game. It was a pretty good call. The kid hammered Krushon. He's a pretty big kid and not easy to knock out of the way. Charleston was not robbed by any means. I followed birdfan's updates on FB and he made no mention of the officiating. I respect his opinion. Charleston just had an off game and luckily escaped into the championship game. I'm really confused about why you're complaining when your team won the game! And, turn your caps lock off, please.

-- Posted by yah-yah on Fri, Mar 16, 2012, at 8:42 AM

I don't think Charleston got robbed either. That last foul on Mt. Vernon was a good call though. It's a shame a good game like that had to end at the free throw line though, but if it's a foul, it's a foul. I just feel for the Mt. Vernon players.

-- Posted by Cheesehead. on Fri, Mar 16, 2012, at 8:43 AM

Scott, apparently you haven't seen this Charleston team on a good night! If they play like they normally do, no way Mt. Vernon would have stayed within 15 points of them. I usually agree with most you say, but to say they are the worst team in the final four?

One thing I do know, Charleston better bring the A game against Hogan Prep or it will get ugly quick.

-- Posted by Cheesehead. on Fri, Mar 16, 2012, at 8:45 AM

I agree with you on the fact that Charleston seemed to regress during the season. Most teams are playing very well at this point, but they seem to have more off games than not. I hope they come to play against Hogan though, I want to see the Charleston team I seen against Cville in their first meeting. That is the team I know that can win this title for Semo. If the team shows up that played Mt. Vernon, it could be a long night! Let's Go Jays!!! Bring Semo home a title.

-- Posted by Cheesehead. on Fri, Mar 16, 2012, at 9:04 AM
  • scott1130 just wait until Sat, charleston will have revenge on their mind from last year and i would be surprised if they don't play the best game they have played all year. go jays

-- Posted by runner50 on Fri, Mar 16, 2012, at 9:07 AM
  • I watched the entire Hayti game. It was officiated fine. We in SEMO don't quite understand that the rulebook states that the game is not supposed to be nearly as physical as it is in SEMO. In my opinion the officiating in SEMO does not do our teams any favors in preparing them for the type of game that will be called in the final four. That is, unless you're lucky enough to get 2 of the 3 officials calling your games at the final four to be from SEMO.

-- Posted by GSP on Fri, Mar 16, 2012, at 10:07 AM

The worse team of the 4? I guess your opinion. Weird logic since they beat one of the four. So wouldn't that mean they were better than Mt. Vernon. Bottom line is Mt. Vernon didn't miss many shots and IMO panicked at the end and cracked under Charlestons defensive pressure. Charleston had a horrendous night shooting, which if you've ever seen them, they don't shoot that bad. They completely played Mt. Vernons game, which was to slow it down and make them shoot over the zone. Charleston didn't shoot well, which allows the zone to work.

If you stuck around to see Hogan Prep/LN game, neither team looked good and definatley didn't light it up. Very sloppy, out of control, lots of missed shots. I definatley think nerves play a role.

My only comment about the end of the game is the kid definately went over Krush's back. But, :04 seconds and they end bound the ball at in the lane 85' from the basket, dribble to just about half court, throw a shot up that is wide left of the basket, another MTV kids catches, it, shoots, misses, and yet another MTV kids tries to put it back in from abouth the free throw line---all in 4 seconds????

Great teams find ways to win. Go Jays.

-- Posted by Attaboy on Fri, Mar 16, 2012, at 10:10 AM
  • I believe Charleston can beat Hogan, but, they will have to play four tough quarters of Offense and Defense.

I believe Hogan is a Seasoned Team that is accustomed to playing strong competition.

Go Jays!

-- Posted by UFO on Fri, Mar 16, 2012, at 10:20 AM

I think that Charleston would beat Mt. Vernon by 10+ points 7 out of 10 times. It's hard to explain just how poorly the Jays played unless you saw the game.

As far as Hogan Prep is concerned; I didn't see a great team. They're athletic and make some spectacular plays on occasion, but thy're kind of helter skelter and aren't very strong with the fundamentals.

I think that HP will beat Charleston, because there's no way that I can pick the Jays with the way they have played the last 3 games. However, if they play to their potential and just block out, they can definitely win.

-- Posted by nimbus on Fri, Mar 16, 2012, at 10:25 AM

About the call...I don't understand the controversy. The kid ran and then hit Krushon Scott in the back and knocked him over. Obvious call!!!

-- Posted by nimbus on Fri, Mar 16, 2012, at 10:28 AM
  • I think the complaint was they put 4 sec on the clock instead of 2 but who cares Charleston still won, why complain ??

-- Posted by TFA on Fri, Mar 16, 2012, at 10:31 AM

Scott, one of your thoughts has mirrored what I have been thinking for awhile. Charleston just has not been as good since the Cape game. Sure, they've had the Kennett game but they struggled against Mountainview-Liberty and had to eek out a win. They didn't put Crystal City away until the last two minutes. Now, they barely beat a Mt. Vernon team that is probably the worst of the four Class 3 teams. They did have an awful shooting night but their shooting has not exactly been 'on' in awhile now. Can they beat Hogan? Yes. Will they? I don't personally think so. I'll be rooting for them as a fellow SEMO team but I don't know if they will pull it off.

-- Posted by sideline starter on Fri, Mar 16, 2012, at 10:32 AM

TFA,

99.0% of the complaining has been by Mt. Vernon. That's what I am talking about.

Oh, and MV got the calls in their favor the entire game.

-- Posted by nimbus on Fri, Mar 16, 2012, at 10:47 AM
  • Sideline I don't think you're giving enough credit to the teams that Charleston has faced. I maintain that it's playoff basketball. The majority of the time, especially in the larger classes, every opponent, come playoff time is going to be quality. That doesn't mean that I think Charleston will walk over Hogan Prep, but Charleston's road to finals has not been cake.

-- Posted by GSP on Fri, Mar 16, 2012, at 11:02 AM
  • scott, where are the best class 3 schools at then if they are not in Columbia?

-- Posted by Dr. Basketball on Fri, Mar 16, 2012, at 11:07 AM
  • Oh, I thought that was a charleston fan complaining??? Must of read something wrong

-- Posted by TFA on Fri, Mar 16, 2012, at 11:19 AM

Well for as bad as Charleston has been playing and still be in the Championship says a lot about how good they really are. There is a reason the other teams are home watching, they weren't good enough to win on a off night or whatever happen in the game

-- Posted by Cheesehead. on Fri, Mar 16, 2012, at 11:22 AM
  • Well you stated earlier that class 1 is awful so that is apparently not that impressive.

-- Posted by Dr. Basketball on Fri, Mar 16, 2012, at 11:22 AM

I SAID "TRIED" TO ROB!!!!

-- Posted by 11TIMEST.CHMPS@BLUEJAYS on Fri, Mar 16, 2012, at 11:29 AM

I'm not to big on saying teams can't win. You seem to be 100% sure HP will beat Charleston. It's comments like that, that will make you eat some crow. Charleston has had a tough schedule as well. They will be no pushover, that I promise. I said, HP is the favorite to win bc of the last few games Ctown has played, but don't be surprised if Charleston comes out clicking on all cylinders.

-- Posted by Cheesehead. on Fri, Mar 16, 2012, at 11:34 AM

That four seconds could have been disasterous!!! I'm a Charleston fan and i said," HEEEEEY, there should be only two seconds!" Four!!!!! MTV could have got off a good three, alot harder to do with two.

-- Posted by 11TIMEST.CHMPS@BLUEJAYS on Fri, Mar 16, 2012, at 11:39 AM

I just hope that Charleston brings their A-game. If they do, they'll silence some of the naysayers. If they don't, could be a long night.

-- Posted by birdfan on Fri, Mar 16, 2012, at 11:45 AM

I say Hogan Prep and they are no different than the teams Charleston played in the Riverbend Classic back in November. Those teams could dribble and were tall and lanky. I think we are ready. I promise you, Mount Vernon wasnt that bad guys. The ball isnt down in SEMO either scott, and i want debate that with you. As far as beating Hogan Prep, well, we are 1-1 against them. Charleston beat then called BISHOP HOGAN PREP IN 1987 42-21 IN THE SEMIFINALS.POINT? THEY WERE TALL AND LANKY THEN, THEIR PG WAS 6'3.

-- Posted by 11TIMEST.CHMPS@BLUEJAYS on Fri, Mar 16, 2012, at 11:47 AM

SEEN

-- Posted by 11TIMEST.CHMPS@BLUEJAYS on Fri, Mar 16, 2012, at 11:48 AM
  • I actually agree with you scott(which is tougher than you know for me to say) but basketball is down in SEMO, but it's not just there it is a statewide thing including the teams in big, bad STL that you market for on here every day.

-- Posted by Dr. Basketball on Fri, Mar 16, 2012, at 11:51 AM
  • I just watched the last foul called in the Charleston/Mt. Vernon game. No doubt there was a foul. But I'll tell you what. Probably 75% of the officials in SEMO WOULD NOT have called that foul at that point in the game. Good for Charleston that is was called.

-- Posted by GSP on Fri, Mar 16, 2012, at 11:54 AM
  • Here is the deal. Charleston hasn't played very well as of late which does scare me. To say that they can't and won't beat HP is just rediculous. To say they aren't as good as several other class 3 teams in STL is rediculous as well. I have said it before and will say it again, Charleston finds ways to win games regardless of their opponent. Both HP and C'ton return their core players from last season and Charleston took HP to overtime and should have finished them off in regulation. That being said, in all of Scott's wisdom, he will be correct if the Jays come out flat as they did last night. HP is too good for that to happen. Personally, I expect them to rise to the occasion and bring home #11....

-- Posted by gerardo on Fri, Mar 16, 2012, at 12:07 PM

Scott just say it, you dont care for Charleston. Your right gerardo, we were A FREE THROW AWAY from closing the deal on Hogan Prep last year. They didnt dominate us last year and i dont think they will this year. The Jays are at pratice right about now and are fully aware of the task at hand.Ritter & Cam? He couldnt even git his team to the big stage. But Tucker got his here. CLUTCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

-- Posted by 11TIMEST.CHMPS@BLUEJAYS on Fri, Mar 16, 2012, at 1:26 PM

Hogan Prep is nothing special. They aren't Chicago Simeon! They are talented but full of holes that can be exploited by good, fundamental basketball. Charleston can match their quickness.

To be quite honest, I was disappointed that neither Hogan Prep nor Lutheran North were as good as I had expected. As I think about it ...... they were just human!

-- Posted by nimbus on Fri, Mar 16, 2012, at 1:35 PM

No Scott, you are biased. No matter what you think or what anyone else thinks, Charleston will be no worse than the 2nd best team in class 3 for 2011-2012. Period. You can have you options about how great St. Louis teams are...and don't get me wrong some are...McClure North...but to say .."charleston is not that good", which you have on various threads, it ridiculous. Yes, I'm biased...all the way to the STATE CHAMPIONSHIP GAME!!! Wooowhoooo!! Where's your St Louis teams??? Oh that's right...watching!!

Since the Cape game...beat poplar bluff by 25, Doniphan by 10, twin rivers by 40, caruthersville by 7, kennet by 32, moutain view by 10, Crystal City by 8.

You can't win 30 games and be considers just ok. But again, I'm biased. And if they happen to trip up tonight, I won't run and hide from you tomorrow. I'll tip my hat and say nice job Hogan Prep, you just beat the 2nd best team in the state.

But if the Jays win I expect you, Scott to say, hey, charleston's the best Class 3 team and we'll all get ready for baseball!!

-- Posted by Attaboy on Fri, Mar 16, 2012, at 1:37 PM
  • The bottom line is that if Charleston plays as badly against HP as they did against MTV, they will loose. MTV played three great qtrs., esp. on defense, but Charleston outplayed them in the 4th qtr. and won the game. That last foul call was legit and the MTV fans really have no case.

On the other hand, if Charleston plays like they did against Kennett in the district championship, they will win. I really think the Jays match up better with HP than MTV. The Mountaineers slowed the game down and made Charleston play their game. HP likes to run like Charleston, so it is a better match-up for Charleston.

Like it or not, scott1130 is right about most of what he says. The guy knows his basketball. I don't agree with him that basketball is down in SEMO, but he is spot on in saying the play-off system needs to be overhauled. If they're going to keep the current system, then let the top 2 teams in each district advance. Otherwise, I would prefer a system similar to what we are going to in football this season and seed the teams based on record and points earned in the regular season.

BTW, I think Charleston will bring their A-game and win the championship.

-- Posted by Preacher Man Fan on Fri, Mar 16, 2012, at 1:38 PM
  • Scott- My belief is if they play as they did against Kennett (3 games ago), they win. If they play as they did against Mount Vernon, they lose. I don't think anyone from Charleston (or from anywhere with knowledge of this team) would argue this statement. And although I do agree that at times it has been a struggle since the Cape game, I disagree that they should be automatically counted out. This team knows how to win games even when they aren't shooting the lights out and that is what counts.

-- Posted by gerardo on Fri, Mar 16, 2012, at 1:40 PM

"Tucker and Beischied don't belong in same convo my man."

Not sure what you meant by that statement but if you were saying Beischied is that much better than Tucker then your crazy! Tucker is more than just offense. You see his defense? He is one of the better defenders in Semo. His free throw accuracy is one of the best I've seen in many years. When his team is down and needs someone to step up, they know they can depend on him to step up and get everyone else hyped up. He is a known leader on the court. Trust me, I have had my differences with the Charleston fans this season but can't no one deny Tucker'a ability on the court! There is a reason he has signed to play D-1 basketball.

About Hogan Prep, the game can go either way in my opinion. If Charleston shoots poorly against them, they will lose plain and simple. Hogan Prep better bring their A game as well, beating Charleston is easier said than done! Even them struggling the last month or so, they still have found a way to win the games and get the the title game. Like it or not, Charleston is one of the better teams in Class 3. Should be a good game and the winner would have earned the victory that's for sure.

-- Posted by Cheesehead. on Fri, Mar 16, 2012, at 1:45 PM

I'm not discrediting your knowledge scott, you seem to know a lot about basketball. I'm just saying, anyone can win at this point.

-- Posted by Cheesehead. on Fri, Mar 16, 2012, at 1:49 PM

I wasn't saying Tucker was better than him, I was pointing out that you were acting like Tucker doesn't belong on the same court with him. As I said, there is a reason Tucker is a D-1 player.

-- Posted by Cheesehead. on Fri, Mar 16, 2012, at 1:54 PM
  • I agree with you Scott not only are some of the districts in St.Louis loaded but also look at Springfield with Nixa,Poo,and Glendale all in the same district. I'm from Semo and there are some pretty good teams down here but i think the talent level among the teams are way down from past years. When i say talent level i mean next level talent.

-- Posted by BIGELW on Fri, Mar 16, 2012, at 2:01 PM

We will just have to disagree on that topic. I agree with just about everything else you've been saying though.

-- Posted by Cheesehead. on Fri, Mar 16, 2012, at 2:04 PM
  • I would also agree that the districts probably need some re-aligning for fairness purposes. Charleston probably did have an easier road to the championship game this season. But this hasn't always been the case. Times change and it is all a cycle. They used to go N and S and we had just as much success (if not more) tha we have had in recent years.

Scott, not taking anything away from Cam but he comes alot closer to belonging in a conversation with Tucker than he does with Otto or Beal. Just my opinion...

-- Posted by gerardo on Fri, Mar 16, 2012, at 2:39 PM
  • Scott, I'm not arguing with you on your above list but he only had offers from SLU and Detroit from the looks of it. Did he commit to ND before visiting these other schools? I'm not sure how the site confirms the schools of interest... For the record though, he is a very good player and I hope he represents our area well for the next 4 years.

-- Posted by gerardo on Fri, Mar 16, 2012, at 3:00 PM

Cam probably is Mr. Basketball this year. He is the best player in the state and I believe is ranked in something like the top fifty in the country. Tuck is really good but not on Cam's level.

-- Posted by sideline starter on Fri, Mar 16, 2012, at 3:16 PM
  • I have to agree with scott and sideline on this one. I have seen both and Cam is on another level than Tuck. I am not taking anything away from Tuck though because he is a really good player...

-- Posted by sm0723 on Fri, Mar 16, 2012, at 3:18 PM

Never said Tucker was better than him but to say he doesn't belong on the same court is absurd. You put Tucker in a 6'7 frame with his skills and he would be a top 50-75 player in the nation as well.

-- Posted by Cheesehead. on Fri, Mar 16, 2012, at 3:29 PM

Side note, Mizzou's game is about to start! Go Mizzou! Cmon Sideline, let's hear it? M-I-Z-Z-O-U!

-- Posted by Cheesehead. on Fri, Mar 16, 2012, at 3:33 PM

Well a roster I saw has him listed at 6'7.. What's his height?

-- Posted by Cheesehead. on Fri, Mar 16, 2012, at 3:33 PM

Oh nevermind, you meant Tucker.. sorry got March Madness on the brain lol

-- Posted by Cheesehead. on Fri, Mar 16, 2012, at 3:34 PM

You forgot the third part of that chant, Cheese. S-U-X!

-- Posted by sideline starter on Fri, Mar 16, 2012, at 3:34 PM
  • Fair enough guys... I trust your judgement on this topic. The list above is very impressive no doubt. Hopefully after the season the Tigers are having, Haith and Co can keep more of these guys in state. (Otto/Beal). By the way, looks like FL destroyed Virginia today....

-- Posted by gerardo on Fri, Mar 16, 2012, at 3:35 PM

LOL.. Nice one!

-- Posted by Cheesehead. on Fri, Mar 16, 2012, at 3:35 PM

Imagine Mizzou with Beal, and Otto!

-- Posted by Cheesehead. on Fri, Mar 16, 2012, at 3:35 PM

SLU and Memphis is a coin flip for me! I have Memphis winning though. Hope I'm right for my bracket's sake

-- Posted by Cheesehead. on Fri, Mar 16, 2012, at 3:39 PM

Mizzou's lack of size on the inside scares me!

-- Posted by Cheesehead. on Fri, Mar 16, 2012, at 3:47 PM

They aren't exactly looking like a national championship contender so far.

-- Posted by sideline starter on Fri, Mar 16, 2012, at 3:48 PM
  • porter has 10 pts, 7 reb, 2 blocked shots midway through second for hoyas.

-- Posted by gerardo on Fri, Mar 16, 2012, at 3:55 PM

I believe scott1130 is from Charleston and is bitter because he didnt win state in with the Jays in 1995. Are you A. Scott?..lol Now you want to pick on our program man. lol

-- Posted by 11TIMEST.CHMPS@BLUEJAYS on Fri, Mar 16, 2012, at 3:59 PM

Ritters Cam, at home. Otto got the Braves there and competed well against Chicago Simeon that year. Otto is better than Cam. You agree? Just a grade higher. And Charleston and many other Missouri schools and out of state schools has seen the most dominant force 6 years ago in TYLER HANSBOROUGH! TYLER AND CAM CANT BE IN THE SAME CONVO. YOU AGREE?

-- Posted by 11TIMEST.CHMPS@BLUEJAYS on Fri, Mar 16, 2012, at 4:14 PM

Who wants to argue with that?!? DID YOU SEE WHAT TYLER DID TO UMMMMM VASHAUN, THE NO.1 TEAM IN THE NATION? A MACHINE!!!!!!

-- Posted by 11TIMEST.CHMPS@BLUEJAYS on Fri, Mar 16, 2012, at 4:17 PM

Cam couldnt git a class 3 team to the promised land but Tucker did!!!!! VCU beat Kansas Jayhawks last year. Their players any good to you?????? Some people wonder, who is VCU???

-- Posted by 11TIMEST.CHMPS@BLUEJAYS on Fri, Mar 16, 2012, at 4:19 PM

Point? Doesnt matter how FAMOUS the D1 school is.

-- Posted by 11TIMEST.CHMPS@BLUEJAYS on Fri, Mar 16, 2012, at 4:20 PM
  • all the complaining about the st louis teams that are better than the teams at the state tournament is ridiculous. if they were the best teams in the state one of them would be in columbia this weekend. the teams that are there deserve to be there, they have won the games that need to be won.

-- Posted by runner50 on Fri, Mar 16, 2012, at 4:25 PM
  • Same thing happened to Crystal City's boys basketball team at poplar bluff. Charleston was 18 of 21 from the free throw line and one player shot 18 all by himself. Crystal shot a total of 9 freethrows that day. I went back and checked the stats of the Bayless game from last year that was played at poplar bluff against Charleston and Charleston shot 45 freethrows that year.

-- Posted by ballinstyle on Fri, Mar 16, 2012, at 4:46 PM

In regards to Mizzou: HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

-- Posted by sideline starter on Fri, Mar 16, 2012, at 5:52 PM

WOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW.......Guess D-1 size doesnt matter after the Mizzou game.Norfolk is on the map.Hats off to that coach he got the guys pumped up an they did what.. wowwwwwwwwwwwwwwww..Upset city..Thats why its called March madness.guess HP better bring their game or Chs might sqeeeeeck out a win..

-- Posted by stlfan38 on Fri, Mar 16, 2012, at 6:11 PM
  • Kim English only scored 2 points. That was the story. And Sideline, don't crow too loud! Did Ole Miss even make the NIT?

-- Posted by Preacher Man Fan on Fri, Mar 16, 2012, at 6:19 PM

After all the complaining I read this week how Mizzou deserved a one seed, how Mizzou was really the favorite in the West, how Mizzou was going to storm to their first Final Four, all they were left with was an undersized, overrated team and a coach the fans didn't even want that overachieved in a down year of their conference and didn't play anybody outside of it. My team may have sucked but they didn't end up sucking any more than they were supposed to. Norfolk St just ruined the tournament for 95% of people who live in Missouri. I love it.

-- Posted by sideline starter on Fri, Mar 16, 2012, at 6:32 PM

Hey Sideline, who did Ole Miss play in the NCAA Tourney? Oh! That's right, they didn't make it lol.. Sorry, I had to

-- Posted by Cheesehead. on Fri, Mar 16, 2012, at 6:44 PM

BTW- I have Kentucky winning one bracket and North Carolina.. UNC is my favorite team but I still support Mizzou.

-- Posted by Cheesehead. on Fri, Mar 16, 2012, at 6:45 PM

I got hammered on Mosports a month or so ago for saying Mizzou wouldn't make it far in the tourney! They are good if they play a smaller team but the lack of size was going to get them eventually. Just didn't think it was going to be to a 15 seed

-- Posted by Cheesehead. on Fri, Mar 16, 2012, at 6:47 PM
  • no one tried giving the game to mt vernon besides charleston.....period i watched the game and mt vernon out played them the entire game besides for the last minute,but thats what makes a good team like ctown, is that as poorly as they played they still got the win,,,,and that is all that matters....any and every team can and will be beat at times just learn from it and come out sat. and play your game like ya know how to do it good luck ctown bring the hardware home

-- Posted by kmasters on Fri, Mar 16, 2012, at 8:34 PM
  • no scott, this is all on the players. they obviously thought they could just walk out and win. we didnt guard jack. as i said earlier, ratliffe is very aloof. he was not ready to play tonight. moore reminded me of jeff withey tonight as he seemed to be 2 steps behind tonight. no excuses. we are plenty capable of playing in the final four and we laid an egg the size of china.

-- Posted by GSP on Fri, Mar 16, 2012, at 9:09 PM
  • I keep reading that we were lucky or fortunate to win the ball game and maybe we were. I prefer to believe that our boys won because of their experience in close, big games. It seemed to me that Mt Vernon was playing "not to lose" in the last three or four minutes or so. The people that are saying Mt Vernon got screwed are cheapening the effort of the Mt Vernon boys last night. Mt Vernon did EVERYTHING right and came up short. There is no shame in losing to our Bluejays. If anything Mt. Vernon was lucky that they caught us on our worst shooting night of the season and weren't clicking on all cylinders. If we had much as brought our C game offensively, Mt. Vernon wouldn't have even had a chance at the end. Defense wins championships, and make no mistake about it----when you look up DEFENSE in the dictionary, there is a picture of a Bluejay. Praying that the Lord allows the Jays to play their best game of the season tomorrow night. If they do, #11 will belong to our Jays.

-- Posted by bluejay_fan_natic20 on Fri, Mar 16, 2012, at 10:43 PM
  • i have not heard mt vernon got screwed,ive heard ctown got lucky to survive thats it.......go jays

-- Posted by kmasters on Fri, Mar 16, 2012, at 11:13 PM
  • Hey Scott! Is Charleston still not the best team in the state!?

-- Posted by bluejaypride on Sun, Mar 18, 2012, at 1:20 AM

Respond to this thread

Posting a comment requires free registration: