Semoball

High School Basketball Forum: Most over achieve/under achived teams

Posted by eagle87 on Wed, Feb 29, 2012, at 4:40 PM:

What area teams do you feel over achived the most for their talent level and which teams do you feel under achived for their talent level?

Replies (6)

• over- oak ridge

under- Leopold

-- Posted by Thot McGee on Wed, Feb 29, 2012, at 5:03 PM
  • That's such a hard question to answer. To say a team over or under achieved seems a little condescending to me. I will say that four teams that have to be disappointed with how their seasons turned out are Jackson, NMCC, Chaffee, and Poplar Bluff. Some of these teams struggled because of injuries and having to play underclassmen. Jackson in particular started out so well and then just fizzled for some reason. I know they played a killer schedule, but they still have to be disappointed.

-- Posted by Preacher Man Fan on Wed, Feb 29, 2012, at 5:08 PM
  • I would have to say Sikeston is a huge overachiever. After losing their top 5 leading scorers last year, I think that went above and beyond this year. Also, No one thought ND would be any good after they lost Tolbert a year ago. I know they lost to Siekston in the end but another 20 win season for coach roberts and the bulldogs is a overachievment. Cape Central is anotehr team that overachived this year.

Teams that underachieved are Jackson, Bluff, and Scott Co. Central. I know injuries hampered Bluff, but Jackson has no excuse. SCC is a good class 1 team but they couldnt compete with all the other bigger schools like many thought they would.

-- Posted by PO526 on Wed, Feb 29, 2012, at 5:45 PM

NMCC doubled the amount of wins they had last year.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Wed, Feb 29, 2012, at 6:53 PM
  • Clearwater had a better season than anybody thought they would, 20 wins is a pretty good season!

-- Posted by tooldogging on Wed, Feb 29, 2012, at 7:17 PM
  • how can you say someone underachieved the season isnt over yet unless you have already lost,lol so this needs thread needs to wait untill the end of march imo just sayn

-- Posted by kmasters on Wed, Feb 29, 2012, at 7:47 PM

Respond to this thread

Posting a comment requires free registration: