Semoball

High School Basketball Forum: Remember this!!!!!

Posted by Cheesehead. on Fri, Jan 27, 2012, at 9:24 AM:

Replies (5)

I was sitting on the temporary bleachers at that end of the floor.

-- Posted by Larry Doby on Fri, Jan 27, 2012, at 9:37 AM

I was a freshman in HS and sat opposite of the benches... Great Game! The game the year before may have been better... I believe it went to overtime?

-- Posted by Harry_Callahan on Fri, Jan 27, 2012, at 10:02 AM
  • i had a mid-court seat as i was doing the p.a. for the game. i remember that block but don't actually remember it being that big of a deal during the game. the photo has immortalized it, i believe. don't get me wrong, it was a tremendously athletic play and i don't ever recall tyler getting a dunk blocked before or after it. i guess i just remember his other dunks during the game and his 35 points leading the mules to claim the semo conf crown.

-- Posted by myershallred on Fri, Jan 27, 2012, at 3:34 PM

I agree with you on it really not affecting the game or TH point total. However, anytime someone 5'7 can block someone that was as big and strong as TH then it's a really big deal. I wasn't there but I remember hearing about it and couldn't imagine it being as epic as it was, until I saw the picture!

-- Posted by Cheesehead. on Fri, Jan 27, 2012, at 3:43 PM
  • the other thing i recall most was that my wife was sitting next to me and was pretty miserable in a packed and hot peters gym. she had good reason as she was pregnant and huge. two days later, she gave birth to our 9lb, 5oz boy. he'll be 8 next month. wow, how time flies!

-- Posted by myershallred on Fri, Jan 27, 2012, at 4:10 PM

Respond to this thread

Posting a comment requires free registration: