Semoball

High School Basketball Forum: SEmissourian Team

Posted by Fundamentals on Sat, Apr 23, 2011, at 7:27 PM:

Would someone like to inform me of when the heck this team is going to be selected

Replies (16)

ummmmm...today

-- Posted by Larry Doby on Sun, Apr 24, 2011, at 9:39 AM
  • B4L....It took rachel a month after the season to figure out otto was the player of the year...lets all hope we can now bury the basketball season and move onto whats current, pertinent...spring sports season, which is almost over already!! Congrats Otto, Good Luck at G-Town...now puleezzee, lets try to find another story!!

-- Posted by RedShirt on Sun, Apr 24, 2011, at 11:59 AM

Well I guess that is better than releasing the information to soon and having to retract the story!

LOL!!

-- Posted by Haterade on Sun, Apr 24, 2011, at 12:56 PM
  • i realize the missourian has to cover schools like leopold and zalma, but come on........where's branch and williams from central????

-- Posted by gocardinals987 on Sun, Apr 24, 2011, at 4:54 PM
  • I heard branch no longer attends cape central?

-- Posted by Dustin Ruby on Sun, Apr 24, 2011, at 5:15 PM
  • He is no longer in school, moved back to arkansas following his last game up here.

-- Posted by BB-BORE on Sun, Apr 24, 2011, at 5:44 PM

So was that recruiting... or just a coincidence he moved after the season.

-- Posted by Haterade on Sun, Apr 24, 2011, at 5:55 PM
  • You will probably see his cousin at Cape Central next year. Hear he wants to leave Nettleton and a "family friend" has asked a few teams if they can use him! Should be interesting!

-- Posted by sportsfanatic on Sun, Apr 24, 2011, at 6:09 PM
  • I think you have to be enrolled in high school to be in the running for it?

-- Posted by Dustin Ruby on Sun, Apr 24, 2011, at 6:20 PM

Is Tucker not on there because they don't cover Charleston? What about Meystedt? He was more consistent then Tolbert this year.

-- Posted by Kobeyashi on Sun, Apr 24, 2011, at 7:34 PM
  • I cant believe branch is not there anymore. what kind of program is cape central running?

-- Posted by PO526 on Sun, Apr 24, 2011, at 8:46 PM
  • Branch leaving had nothing to do with cape central. He started getting in some trouble and once he found out he wasn't able to play at semo next year due to grades he pretty much just stopped trying. He started going down the wrong road but was going to finish the season for his teammates.

-- Posted by BB-BORE on Sun, Apr 24, 2011, at 8:51 PM
  • srry for interuptin ur branch talk but does anyone know if Jacob Tolbert is going to sign to play basketball anywhere?

-- Posted by Fundamentals on Sun, Apr 24, 2011, at 9:55 PM

In no way do I believe that Branch was "recruited" to Cape. However, I think it does add to his hired gun reputation that he comes in, plays two months of solid if a slight bit underwhelming basketball, and then disappears. Ah, the mystique of SEMO basketball.

-- Posted by sideline starter on Sun, Apr 24, 2011, at 9:58 PM
  • From my understanding on Tolbert was that he was offered a scholarship to SEMO after his Junior year. Which was declined. When going back to Coach Nutt in Jan. after the season came to an end, that offer was off of the table.

-- Posted by sportsfanatic on Sun, Apr 24, 2011, at 11:11 PM
  • I've heard he's gotten a few offers from other ovc schools.

-- Posted by BB-BORE on Tue, Apr 26, 2011, at 7:04 PM

Respond to this thread

Posting a comment requires free registration: