Semoball

High School Basketball Forum: Newest Class 3 Ranking (Charleston Bluejays)

Posted by ballerd on Tue, Mar 8, 2011, at 10:41 AM:

1 Hogan Prep Charter (Kansas City, MO) 19-8

2 O'Hara (Kansas City, MO) 18-6

3 Charleston (MO) 21-5

4 Cardinal Ritter (St. Louis, MO) 22-5

5 Cameron (MO) 25-2

6 Blair Oaks (Jefferson City, MO) 20-2

7 Kennett (MO) 22-5

8 Penney (Hamilton, MO) 26-1

9 Willow Springs (MO) 19-3

10 Maplewood-Richmond Height(Maplewood, MO)16-12

11 Caruthersville (MO) 19-6

Charleston Have A Good Chance Of Going And Winning State. The First Two Teams Should Be Easy To Beat, Ava and Bayless or Saxony Lutheran. The Main Team We Got To Worry About Is Hogan Prep Or Penney To Make It To State Championship. We Probably Play Cardinal Ritter In State Championship And That Will Be A Good Game To See. Give Me Your Opinions.

Replies (39)

• I hope Charleston can bring it home.....

-- Posted by Harp98 on Tue, Mar 8, 2011, at 10:43 AM
  • Hopefully They Do....

-- Posted by ballerd on Tue, Mar 8, 2011, at 10:46 AM
  • As long as we dont look past ava and bayless we should make it. Lookin good! im pumped and looking forward to a good weekend in columbia

-- Posted by Hershisers and Old Fashioned's on Tue, Mar 8, 2011, at 10:56 AM
  • You Right We Can't Just Look Past Them...But Hopefully Them Jays Git-R-Done!

-- Posted by ballerd on Tue, Mar 8, 2011, at 11:18 AM
  • Charleston might make it to the finals but wont win state cardinal ritter we mess them up in the championship game

-- Posted by Fathead73 on Tue, Mar 8, 2011, at 11:20 AM

I the spirit of Blujay pride92////

I don't see it happening and you all don't have a chance. I don't think you will get past Quarterfinals...

Now as myself... Go get'em Charleston... Would love to see the SEMO REGION bring home at least 3 if not 4 titles...

Go Bluejay's

Go Sikeston

Go Mules

Go SCC

-- Posted by Haterade on Tue, Mar 8, 2011, at 11:26 AM
  • Cardinal Ritter Will Be A Good Game And Charleston Got Plenty Of Chance To Win That Game Too.

-- Posted by ballerd on Tue, Mar 8, 2011, at 11:28 AM
  • Haha I Hope All The Semo Region Teams Win A Title.

-- Posted by ballerd on Tue, Mar 8, 2011, at 11:29 AM
  • Yeah Charleston Should Easily Get By Bayless or Saxony Lutheran.

-- Posted by ballerd on Tue, Mar 8, 2011, at 11:31 AM
  • My top 10 would look like this...

1 Hogan Prep Charter (Kansas City, MO) 19-8

2 Charleston (MO) 21-5

3 Cardinal Ritter (St. Louis, MO) 22-5

4 Cameron (MO) 25-2

5 Kennett (MO) 22-6

6 Blair Oaks (Jefferson City, MO) 20-2

7 Penney (Hamilton, MO) 26-1

8 Maplewood-Richmond Height(Maplewood, MO)16-12

9 O'Hara (Kansas City, MO) 18-6

10 Caruthersville (MO) 21-6

-- Posted by bootheelhooper on Tue, Mar 8, 2011, at 11:39 AM
  • Here is mine...

1 Hogan Prep

2 Charleston

3 Kennett

4 Cville

5 Cardinal Ritter

6 Maplewood

7 O'Hara

8 Penny

9 Cameron

10 Blair Oaks

I think Hogan Prep will win it. Charleston will give them a better game than Ritter will in the championship game that is why I have Charleston 2 and Ritter 3. Looking at it now I think the Ritter/Maplewood winner was going to the Finals all along and I think the winner of the Charleston/Kennett/Cville winner was going to face the KC winner all along and that was going to be the real state championship game.

-- Posted by gocvilletigers on Tue, Mar 8, 2011, at 11:59 AM
  • Well I Know Hogan Prep Probably Have The Better Team But, Charleston Is Redhot Right Now And Have A Chance Of Beating Them.

-- Posted by ballerd on Tue, Mar 8, 2011, at 12:11 PM

Finally somebody made a Charleston post...

-- Posted by Latin Cobra 11 on Tue, Mar 8, 2011, at 12:25 PM

Hogan Prep will have to get past Penny (aka Hamilton) in the Quarterfinals. At team that has already beat Hogan Prep this year. Whoever comes out of that NE Missouri quadrant is going to be pretty battle tested, will make for a tough Semi-Final game if Charleston gets that far.

-- Posted by I.P. Freely on Tue, Mar 8, 2011, at 1:18 PM
  • where's ktownballer18?

I'm suprised he hasn't posted his rankings yet and have kennett in his number 1 spot haha

-- Posted by LeeSummitBooster on Tue, Mar 8, 2011, at 1:28 PM
  • Yeah Thats Why I Said Hogan Prep Or Penney because thats a must-watch game. And Surely Charleston Will Make It To The Semifinals But, Will Have A Tough Game And Would Be Lucky To Win.

-- Posted by ballerd on Tue, Mar 8, 2011, at 1:29 PM

Don't look past Mid-Buchanon either. They beat Cameron who some people thought would be able to get by Penney. That Kansas City area is just loaded in Class 3. Hopefully, whoever gets out of there is so beat up that Charleston will be fresh enough to tire them out. I expect those games in the KC area to be all out wars.

-- Posted by sideline starter on Tue, Mar 8, 2011, at 1:32 PM
  • Just thought I would bring to light the type of person we are dealing with when it comes to Bluejay Pride 92, as well as make him eat some of his own words.

Notice the nice things he says about Sikeston and their program. Also notice the hate towards Charleston and the Hall of Fame Coach Danny Farmer.

Sounds like a wishy washy fan to me.

Congrats to all SEMO Teams and best of luck in the state playoffs!

Enjoy!

semohoops did u see the breakdown of the charl vs sik matchup from 2000 to present? if so how does sik hav a strangle hold on the rivalry? we won the first 7years of the 2000...granted you've won the last 4or5 but dont just say it to say it...its a rivalry still, to my knowledge sikeston has alot of winning to do to catch up in this rivalry...we still have the lead the last 10 or 11years and the overall tally, well its not even close...lets see since 1990 sikeston has now beat charleston 8times, now thats not even close is it? I must say, Sikeston is trying to make up the recent ground in the rivalry but lets not kid yourslf...Its really not close...Some years Charleston has beat Sikeston twice in a season like in 06-07, we beat you guys in in the tournament, you guys beat us in the regular season match up...I call it like i see it...Right now Sikeston does have the stronger program, I commend you Coach Holifield for actually coaching your team, while Farmer spends his time either fussing at the ref or sitting on his big butt, wiping his forehead...close game at the half but then Charleston goes in the locker room and comes right back out in less than 3minutes, i know he couldnt have made any adjustments or talked strategy or for that matter blew his nose...I guess he figured Sikeston wouldnt make any...well they did, Sikeston went in and as a coaching staff would do, turn up the pressure and make Charleston succumb to the pressure...that what any great coaching staff would do...I said it before and I'll say it again, i dont care how good of athletes you have, if the coach dont hav a clue, the team wont either and thats what u guys seen last night...Its quite simply time for Farmer to go, he taken one, if not the best programs in the state and totally made them a joke, laughing stock of SEMO area basketball...We use to be king of SEMO area but now im just ashamed...When he took over 14years ago we had won 9 state titles before him since then we have one, that tells you something, its time for him to go...

-- Posted by blujay pride 92 on Sat, Jan 8, 2011, at 12:44 PM

Read more: semoball.com: High School Basketball Forum : Sikeston-Charleston http://semoball.com/forums/highschoolbasketball/thread/2425#ixzz1G2P0Sm3F

-- Posted by Spencer Whitehead on Tue, Mar 8, 2011, at 1:35 PM
  • Yes I Notice That But, Only One Of Those Teams (Hogan Prep, Mid-Buchanon, and Penney) Can Meet Up With Charleston In Semi-Finals. And Hopefully Charleston Will Be Prepared For Anyone Of Those Teams.

-- Posted by ballerd on Tue, Mar 8, 2011, at 1:38 PM

@Ballerd - You going to the game tomorrow night?

-- Posted by I.P. Freely on Tue, Mar 8, 2011, at 1:38 PM
  • Its a 50/50 chance I Might Go...I Dont Know For Sure.

-- Posted by ballerd on Tue, Mar 8, 2011, at 1:45 PM

Bluejay pride 92 how can you say that about coach farmer! The man doesn't have a player over 6'2 an he is a guard at that! He does more with less than any other coach in the area! You need to step back and realize what you just said... If hollifield doesn't have undefeated season he is coach of the year in the semo conf.

-- Posted by Harry_Callahan on Tue, Mar 8, 2011, at 3:11 PM
  • Hogan Prep and Cardinal Ritter were up there last year if i'm not mistaken and they both looked strong. these 2 will be the ones to watch.

-- Posted by BBfanatic on Tue, Mar 8, 2011, at 4:39 PM
  • Hogan Prep and Cardinal Ritter were up there last year if i'm not mistaken and they both looked strong. these 2 will be the ones to watch.

-- Posted by BBfanatic on Tue, Mar 8, 2011, at 4:41 PM

Im rooting for Charleston to bring a trophy home to Semo. Let's Go BlueJays

-- Posted by Cheesehead. on Tue, Mar 8, 2011, at 6:06 PM
  • iT's hARD tO rEAD a pOST wHEN yOU cAPITALIZE tHE fIRST lETTER oF eVERY wORD.

-- Posted by joefrank78 on Tue, Mar 8, 2011, at 6:28 PM
  • Kennett vs charleston was the true state championship wasn't it. just kidding,I hope charleston wins one for SEMO, it will be tough though. I would put kennett at fourth or fith maby third, either way they had a pretty good season and lost to a very good charleston team

-- Posted by ktown 5150 on Tue, Mar 8, 2011, at 8:02 PM
  • Charleston doesn't have an easy road to the state championship game and we are not looking past any body. Our boys play each game likes its their last and hopefully their last game will be in the state title game, with them holding a state title over their heads. GO BLUEJAYS!!

-- Posted by bluejaypride on Tue, Mar 8, 2011, at 8:14 PM
  • Charleston Have A Tough Road Ahead ,But They Is As Good As Any Other Team. They Got A Star Player In Greg Tucker, A Great Senior Player In Jerry Carter, Ryan Parham Have Alot Of Potential And Is A Great Guard And Two Big Men That Play Their Hearts Out Everygame.

-- Posted by ballerd on Wed, Mar 9, 2011, at 8:57 AM
  • 1 for the money!

2 for the show!

3 to beat the Blue Jays!

Now GO BEARS GO!!

-- Posted by ava on Wed, Mar 9, 2011, at 10:27 AM

Good luck ava, you'll need it.

-- Posted by sideline starter on Wed, Mar 9, 2011, at 10:28 AM
  • Hats off to Charleston Blue Jays! Do our corner of the state proud, guys.

-- Posted by Pete Sims on Wed, Mar 9, 2011, at 11:54 AM
  • I hope ava brings their track shoes!

When does charelston play next?

-- Posted by Dustin Ruby on Wed, Mar 9, 2011, at 3:24 PM

tonight, 6:00 pm @ West Plains

-- Posted by birdfan on Wed, Mar 9, 2011, at 4:25 PM
  • Thank you bootheelhooper for putting the correct records of the semo teams. Ballard's initial post had Caruthersville's record a little lower than what it actually was. We had 21 wins, not 19.

-- Posted by caruthersvilletigerfan on Wed, Mar 9, 2011, at 9:45 PM
  • One More Game And We In The State. Everybody Come Support Them Charleston Bluejays.

-- Posted by ballerd on Fri, Mar 11, 2011, at 9:43 AM
  • Who will step in and fill the gap left by the Tucker injury for Charleston? He is for sure not 100% and may not play at all. Heard he has not praticed since Saturday's game with Ava. The hatchet man did his job. Who was there and was the big kid for Ava a hatchet man?

-- Posted by CharlestonFan on Sat, Mar 12, 2011, at 7:52 AM

Big kid's brother, I believe....and, he's a big kid, too.

-- Posted by birdfan on Sat, Mar 12, 2011, at 8:07 AM
  • How about a Bluejay score?

-- Posted by Pete Sims on Sat, Mar 12, 2011, at 12:11 PM

Respond to this thread

Posting a comment requires free registration: