Semoball

High School Basketball Forum: Tri County Conference Tournament.....Predictions

Posted by Rocky09 on Mon, Feb 14, 2011, at 12:58 AM:

With the mixed results among the top 4 seeds (Risco, Holcomb, North Pem, Clarkton) in the regular season, it seems to be wide open.

In the first round I'll say:

Risco over Southland with running clock.

Holcomb over Campbell in not much of a contest. A little closer since Crawford is out. 15 point game.

Clarkton over Gideon barely. Almost a toss up. Little more depth from the Reindeer.

North Pem over Cooter handily.

Semi's

Holcomb over North Pem at North Pem for the second time in a week.

Risco over Clarkton. Don't see Clarkton beating Risco for a 2nd time. Will be closer than most think though.

Finals

Holcomb over Risco by 6. The two teams have split their 2 meetings with each winning on their home court. With that said, Crawford playing at less than 100 percent could really help the Tigers. He and Massey fouled out late in the Overtime loss to Risco. Just don't see a tired and depth-challenged Risco having the energy to overcome a huge size disadvantage on the boards the night after battling Clarkton to the wire. Thoughts?

Replies (9)

• Since you done posted this in the Baseball forum, I guess you caught your mistake and decided to change it over to the Basketball forum.. Well, here is my post again...

1st Round

Risco over Southland easily

Clarkton over Gideon by 10

Holcomb over Campbell easily

North Pem over Cooter easily

Semis

Risco over Clarkton by 10

Holcomb over North Pem by 15

Finals

Holcomb over Risco in a close game.. Could really go either way..

-- Posted by sm0723 on Mon, Feb 14, 2011, at 12:59 AM
  • The onlyu easy game was Southland beating Delta C-7 by 74 to 22. The other games were close. Clarkton defeated Gideon by 6; 61 to 55. At least the Clarkton coach did not throw a chair like he did at Risco. Holcomb defeated Campbell 67 t0 59. Both of these games were tied with less than two minutes to go. North Pemiscot defeated Cooter 72 to 57.

-- Posted by jackson fan 10 on Tue, Feb 15, 2011, at 8:20 AM
  • Well, I was wrong on the easy parts, but that's why they play the game. Campbell had a very good game plan for the Holcomb game and Gideon played well. I didn't watch the last game of the night so I can't comment on the NP/Cooter game.

-- Posted by sm0723 on Tue, Feb 15, 2011, at 8:51 AM
  • Holcomb vs Campbell and Gideon vs. Clarkton are the 2 best rivalries in the Tri County by a LONG shot. Guess these games reminded us why.

-- Posted by Rocky09 on Tue, Feb 15, 2011, at 6:48 PM
  • Yeah Risco won pretty easily over Southand. I believe it was 83-56 correct me if I'm wrong. I stuck around to watch the two JV games and Clarktons JV beat a short-handed North Pem team with only 5 players. Risco beat Campbell 55-37 I'm pretty sure may be wrong again. Risco plays Clarkton Thursday both V(7:00 pm) & JV(4:00 pm). And Holcomb plays North Pem at 8:30 pm.

Lookin Good So Far!

-- Posted by dont worry on Tue, Feb 15, 2011, at 10:50 PM
  • Holcomb, North Pem. Rematch from last Saturday. I still think Holcomb wins. This time they got there second leading scorer back.

-- Posted by Hornets on Wed, Feb 16, 2011, at 5:01 PM
  • Holcomb, North Pem. Rematch from last Saturday. I still think Holcomb wins. This time they got there second leading scorer back. But it's North Pems home court still a good game.

-- Posted by Hornets on Wed, Feb 16, 2011, at 5:03 PM
  • Risco defeated Clarkton in overtime, 71 to 69. North Pemiscot defeated Holcomb, 62 to 45.

-- Posted by jackson fan 10 on Fri, Feb 18, 2011, at 8:30 AM
  • It was a great game between Risco and Clarkton last night that could have gone either way. Congrats to both teams for an enjoyable game to watch. The North Pem/Holcomb game was a different story, cause North Pem jumped out to a 17-3 point lead after the first quarter and never looked back. North Pem dominating the boards was the major difference in the game. Goodluck to both Risco and North Pem tonight in the finals.

-- Posted by sm0723 on Fri, Feb 18, 2011, at 8:42 AM

Respond to this thread

Posting a comment requires free registration: