Semoball

High School Basketball Forum: Notre Dame/Bernie

Posted by GreatFun on Fri, Feb 4, 2011, at 8:34 AM:

I believe these teams meet tonite in Bernie? Thoughts?

Bernie was manhandled last season at ND by the Dogs, and ND is just not a very good team right now. They have limited playmakers. Bernie is ranked pretty high in Class 2. So the table is set for a good matchup. Interesting to see how a highly ranked class 2 team handles a roughly .500 level class 4 team.

I look for the home crowd to carry Bernie to victory in a close one.

But this is general talk on my part, in all candor I don't know enough about Bernie to know about matchups. Do they have someone who can guard Tolbert?

Replies (32)

• Bernie by 50 +

-- Posted by RedShirt on Fri, Feb 4, 2011, at 9:08 AM
  • Bernie loses by 10+...redshirt your wrong

-- Posted by cardinal1234 on Fri, Feb 4, 2011, at 9:29 AM

hook, line, and sinker.

-- Posted by yah-yah on Fri, Feb 4, 2011, at 9:31 AM
  • Bernie loses by 10.

-- Posted by Bleacherbum on Fri, Feb 4, 2011, at 10:00 AM
  • Bernie by 15

-- Posted by paulbd on Fri, Feb 4, 2011, at 10:23 AM
  • I'm taking ND in this one. No answer for Tolbert.

-- Posted by semohoops on Fri, Feb 4, 2011, at 10:24 AM

They don't necessarily have to slow down Tolbert. They need to be able to slow down the other four. Tolbert will probably score 20+. It will come down to what his supporting cast is able to do.

-- Posted by yah-yah on Fri, Feb 4, 2011, at 10:28 AM

If ND's coach plays their 3 pt shooters, Shipman and McGowan tight and their inside guy, Walker? (I think it is) to his right it will be an easy win. From what I have seen they feed the ball to McGowan first and Shipman second. I am told that Playing in their little gym is vicious though.

-- Posted by Blam it on the Ref on Fri, Feb 4, 2011, at 10:40 AM
  • What about Cape Central/Twin Rivers?

-- Posted by navinjohnson on Fri, Feb 4, 2011, at 11:20 AM
  • What's Twin Rivers record?

-- Posted by ctjungle11 on Fri, Feb 4, 2011, at 11:23 AM
  • I'm with you Redshirt. Bernie by 50 +

-- Posted by rocketsbro on Fri, Feb 4, 2011, at 11:25 AM
  • if bernie can play with dexter they can give nd all they want

-- Posted by ktown 5150 on Fri, Feb 4, 2011, at 11:27 AM
  • ND by 10

-- Posted by sm0723 on Fri, Feb 4, 2011, at 2:15 PM
  • ND by 12

-- Posted by LeeSummitBooster on Fri, Feb 4, 2011, at 2:17 PM
  • It is not easy playing in that gym. It is teeny tiny and extremely loud. But I'm taking ND by 8.

-- Posted by semohoops on Fri, Feb 4, 2011, at 2:57 PM
  • Cape/Twin Rivers is cancelled

-- Posted by cttigers on Fri, Feb 4, 2011, at 3:11 PM
  • Its a ND/Bernie forumn not a cape.. And you say sikeston fans are bad.. Hypocrites..

And i'm picking Bernie by 5

-- Posted by Dustin Ruby on Fri, Feb 4, 2011, at 3:32 PM
  • Dear inspector, someone else said something about Cape I was just stating the game was cancelled unlike you who comments on EVERY thread about Cape,Thank you and goodnight

-- Posted by cttigers on Fri, Feb 4, 2011, at 3:37 PM
  • ^Point proven, i'm not going to argue with you because obviosuly your not the smartest person in the world..

But what size does Bernie have?

-- Posted by Dustin Ruby on Fri, Feb 4, 2011, at 3:38 PM
  • one big guy. he's proly 6'4 but he's terrible. played jv last year

-- Posted by Bleacherbum on Fri, Feb 4, 2011, at 4:30 PM
  • I have to concur with others about the size of the gym factor. That must be a tough place to play. Interesting, I also remember hearing that the baseball field has some tiny dimensions too.

Anyway, I suspect the entire town of Bernie will be there, and it will be quite a hostile environment for the visitors.

-- Posted by GreatFun on Fri, Feb 4, 2011, at 5:40 PM
  • props to bernie for the big win

-- Posted by ktown 5150 on Fri, Feb 4, 2011, at 9:25 PM
  • Heck of a WIN for the UNDERDOGS :) Was a awsome game ..... the mules played hard and for sure put a hurtin on Tolbert ...... He is a heck of a player though...but big big big probs for the mules getting McGowan open for that 3 pointer at the buzzer for the WIN!!!

-- Posted by mulesfan77 on Fri, Feb 4, 2011, at 9:38 PM
  • Very impressed by Bernie. ND played well but Bernie shot absolutely lights out. I haven't seen a team shoot that well since Borgia (sorry Sikeston fans .) JMO but if Bernie got 2nd in class 2 last year then theyll win it this year. Also, Cape fans, GTFO. The only thing more anoying than a successful team's fanbase talking trash on here is another fanbase that thinks theyre better than that team on hear spouting off. I'm for Sikeston when you guys play just so when Sikeston wins u guys will shut up. And I by no means like Sikeston, at all, but stay on your own threads.

-- Posted by V,B on Fri, Feb 4, 2011, at 9:55 PM
  • McGowan had 25 and Tolbert had 15. Last year McGowan held Tolbert to 9 points and they were all free throws. I would say thats handlin Tolbert. McGowan gets no credit and he is the best shooter in the area. He can also play defense. O did you know he now holds the state record for charges, believe thats 77. 3 pointer from way behind the line at the buzzer, GO MULES.

-- Posted by BBfanatic on Fri, Feb 4, 2011, at 10:19 PM
  • I'm sure ND is givin McGowan credit now! I'm sure they would say they were tryin to guard him and the people that say he can only shoot when he is open has not seen him play not sure he's had an open look this year.

-- Posted by bballfan40 on Fri, Feb 4, 2011, at 11:31 PM
  • bernie is awsome for the size of school that they are, they have a great fan base, they deserve props for always being a force to be recond with.

-- Posted by ktown 5150 on Sat, Feb 5, 2011, at 9:43 AM
  • Very nice win for Bernie. I called this one at the start of the thread, Bernie in a close one.

ND has really fallen on hard times. Taking nothing away from Bernie, but ND is just a very mediocre team this year. Anyone know their record now? .500?

Still, for a small class 2 team to beat them is a great accomplishment. Hopefully Bernie can make some post-season noise this year.

-- Posted by GreatFun on Sat, Feb 5, 2011, at 10:31 AM
  • Full props to Bernie and McGowan! What a huge win for them!

-- Posted by Showstopper on Sat, Feb 5, 2011, at 12:10 PM
  • GreatFun, ND is 10-11 this year

-- Posted by V,B on Sat, Feb 5, 2011, at 12:19 PM
  • AWESOME GAME!!!

Also available in the archieves on dailystatesman website. www.dailystatesman.com/berniemules

-- Posted by Proud MaMa on Tue, Feb 8, 2011, at 1:08 PM

Thanks. I've been wanting to see this ending for awhile now.

-- Posted by sideline starter on Tue, Feb 8, 2011, at 1:16 PM

Respond to this thread

Posting a comment requires free registration: