Semoball

High School Basketball Forum: Midseason Awards...

Posted by bootheelhooper on Sun, Jan 16, 2011, at 11:16 PM:

I'm just throwing some ideas out there... Feel free to answer as many as you want, or none at all!

Best Freshman?

Best Sophomore?

Best Junior?

Best Senior?

Best Big Man?

Best Shooter?

Best Ball Handler?

Best Rebounder?

Best Passer?

Best Defensive Player?

Best Team? (let the debate begin lol)

Best Fans?

Best Homecourt Advantage?

Best Coach?

Best Game This Year? (So far, many more to come!)

Top Offensive Team?

Top Defensive Team?

Replies (94)

How long do you think before this becomes a sikeston vs cape topic?

-- Posted by CL on Sun, Jan 16, 2011, at 11:22 PM
  • Sophomore-Ryan Parham* I think he's in 10th.

Junior-Greg tucker

Senior-Otto Porter

Big man-Otto Porter

Shooter-Curtis Branch, I know he's only played a couple game but he's 13-14 from 3 range.

Rebounder-Otto Porter

Team-SCC

Fans-Sikeston

Homecourt advantage-Sikeston

Coach-Cookson, I know he isn't head coach anymore but he's still coaching and i bet if they're in trouble he takes over.

Top Offense-SCC, they have the highest average.

-- Posted by BB-BORE on Sun, Jan 16, 2011, at 11:23 PM
  • I'll throw a few in there since I started it, just going by some of the teams I've seen.

Best Freshman Darrell Monroe from Caruthersville.

Best Sophomore man I'm drawing a blank...

Best Junior Greg Tucker from Charleston

Best Senior Otto Porter from SCC

Best Big Man Otto Porter from SCC

Best Shooter McGowan from Bernie

Best Fans Sikeston

Best Homecourt Advantage Sikeston

Best Game This Year, I'll take the Cape vs. Notre Dame game in the SEMO Conference Tournament.

-- Posted by bootheelhooper on Sun, Jan 16, 2011, at 11:23 PM
  • Good call on Curtis Branch and sophomore Ryan Parham. I would also throw Dominique Walker from Portageville in there as a sophomore.

-- Posted by bootheelhooper on Sun, Jan 16, 2011, at 11:25 PM
  • I feel like Curtis will also be on here in two more categories but he hasn't played much yet so not many people have seen him.

"Best Shooter McGowan from Bernie" wasn't there a guy in Happy Gilmore named Shooter McGowan?

It's hard to pick a defensive team/player when defensive stats aren't made public unless somebody does something crazy. I guess it should be SCC for team because of all our their steals and forced turnovers and defensive player would be Otto. When you lead the xmas tourney in blocks AND steals I think he deserves this. Not sure why I didn't think of this in the first post.

-- Posted by BB-BORE on Sun, Jan 16, 2011, at 11:32 PM

Yeah there was a shooter mcgowan in the movie hahahaha!

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Sun, Jan 16, 2011, at 11:37 PM

SCC prolly for best offensive team. They hung a 107 on east prarie! Has anyone scored more than 107 this year!?

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Sun, Jan 16, 2011, at 11:40 PM
  • FYI, it was Shooter McGavin in Happy Gilmore.

-- Posted by rocketsbro on Sun, Jan 16, 2011, at 11:43 PM
  • better question, has anybody else broke 100. SCC has done it a few times and i know Sikeston was close but not sure if they actually made it to triple digits or not.

-- Posted by BB-BORE on Sun, Jan 16, 2011, at 11:43 PM
  • ahhhhhh alright rocketsbro, i haven't seen it in quite some time. But you could have let us think otherwise haha.

-- Posted by BB-BORE on Sun, Jan 16, 2011, at 11:45 PM

Cville has done it twice. 106 against Senath and 105 against South Pem. Nothing to brag about though, both teams are down this year. I would throw Darryl Monroe in as best freshman. He is ranked 8th nationally in Rebs/game and 49th nationally in points/game for Freshman nationally. He has alot of potential, not dominate on the offensive side yet but he's getting there.

-- Posted by Cheesehead. on Sun, Jan 16, 2011, at 11:47 PM

Rockets bro is right. Saw that movie on tv the other night. I'm not going to get into the nitty gritty of these awards too much. I'll get caught up trying to think of people. Immediately coming to mind:

Best Player/Senior/Big Man: Otto Porter

Best Homecourt/Fans: Sikeston (shocker)

Best Game so far: Cape-Notre Dame (also my nominee for bonehead play of the year)

Tough to say on some of the other categories though I'd say Darryl Howard is making a case as Ball Handler. He is also a very good defender as anyone who has seen his frenetic pace and ability will tell you.

-- Posted by sideline starter on Sun, Jan 16, 2011, at 11:50 PM
  • Where are you getting these stats? just curious, i might want to look up some other stats on there.

-- Posted by BB-BORE on Sun, Jan 16, 2011, at 11:50 PM

Rocketsbro = dream crusher.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Sun, Jan 16, 2011, at 11:50 PM
  • Best Freshman? no clue

Best Sophomore? Vashawn Ruffin-Sikeston

Best Junior? Greg Tucker-Charleston

Best Senior? Otto

Best Big Man? Otto

Best Shooter? Will Hollifield-Sikeston

Best Ball Handler? Curtis Branch-Cape or Fred Garmon-Kennett

Best Rebounder? Otto

Best Passer? Stewart Johnson-SCC

Best Defensive Player? Darryl Howard-Sikeston

Best Team? (let the debate begin lol) Sikeston

Best Fans? Sikeston

Best Homecourt Advantage? Sikeston

Best Coach? Greg Hollifield-Sikeston

Best Game This Year? (So far, many more to come!) SCC-Charleston was exciting

Top Offensive Team? SCC

Top Defensive Team? Sikeston

-- Posted by Bleacherbum on Sun, Jan 16, 2011, at 11:51 PM
  • -- Posted by Cheesehead. on Sun, Jan 16, 2011, at 11:52 PM
  • I don't even want to claim the Cape-ND game because of how ugly it was to watch. I would almost say SCC-Jackson, not that it was a good game, but it was just a great moment for SCC to win it three years in a row. Sikeston-Cape was a great game in the first half and still eletric in the 2nd.

-- Posted by BB-BORE on Sun, Jan 16, 2011, at 11:55 PM

In terms of fun, excitement, and finish though SemoSports, you have to admit that that was a good game. Another one that I just remembered if going by great moments would be Sikeston-Holt though not too many on this board saw it. Terry Jamison took over that game late letting Holt foul him every time down the court and calmly making free throws to turn a tie game into a ten point win for Sikeston. He was 12-12 on free throws all of which were inside the last four minutes of the fourth quarter. Clutch performance? I think so.

-- Posted by sideline starter on Mon, Jan 17, 2011, at 12:00 AM
  • i was going to say that game but i know not many people from the area went.

-- Posted by Bleacherbum on Mon, Jan 17, 2011, at 12:02 AM
  • Cheesehead, maxpreps is often very misleading and is not updated very often for some schools. I mean Otto isn't even listed if you do a player search. I am in no doubt saying that this freshman is not good because judging by his stats on there he could be a standout in the next couple years. I would just like to see something else about him.

-- Posted by BB-BORE on Mon, Jan 17, 2011, at 12:02 AM
  • What is the freshman from Holcomb name. I have herd he is going to be pretty good. They have two good soph to. And the jun from Clarkton. Cant remember names for nothing today.

-- Posted by mule1993 on Mon, Jan 17, 2011, at 7:43 AM

Isn't there a frosh from Risco that is supposed to be really good? Plavy, I believe is his name. Haven't seen him play; have only heard about him but do see that he's one of their top scorers in every game.

-- Posted by birdfan on Mon, Jan 17, 2011, at 9:15 AM
  • I just wish Cape would bring more fans down to the Sikeston game in a few weeks. It would make it an incredible atmosphere. Last year AT Cape, Sikeston had about as many fans up there! And Cape didnt bring as many football fans to the rematch as I thought they would. This upcoming Cape-Sikeston game should be the best game of year in area, cuzza the addition of Branch. It'll be even more exciting if the Fieldhouse if there's more Cape fans there than just the gorillas in the Jungle!! I'm a big Dawg fan, if Cape would just believe they might be able to win, maybe a few cape fans would show up!!

-- Posted by cirithungol17 on Mon, Jan 17, 2011, at 9:29 AM
  • garmon from kennett could make a case for best ball handler,I know there are a few good ones out there. monroe i think is best freshman,he will be pretty special by the time he is a senior

-- Posted by ktown 5150 on Mon, Jan 17, 2011, at 9:47 AM
  • semosports, I'd have to disagree with you on McGowan or maybe our version of a good shooter is different maybe I am thinking scorer. McGowan can only shoot when he isn't being guarded. Needs to learn to shoot off the dribble. I watched him a couple of games at the Christmas Tournament and I can't agree with you. I can however agree when they are playing weaker less defensive teams.

-- Posted by The6thMan on Mon, Jan 17, 2011, at 9:48 AM
  • Ktown, I believe your right about Garmon being a good ball handler. I did see the Freshman from Risco play and was impress but I didn't see him play against any completion.

-- Posted by The6thMan on Mon, Jan 17, 2011, at 9:52 AM
  • I have to disagree with you on the comment about Coach Cookson, yeah he was a great coach but SCC fans don't give Wright enough credit. He has done some things that where not things Cookson would have done in the last two years that have worked out to SCC's best interest in the long term. When a less talented SCC team emerges you will see those changes.

-- Posted by The6thMan on Mon, Jan 17, 2011, at 9:58 AM
  • best freshman could be monroe. best soph could be walker form pville. best scorer could be a kid like kleffer. best shooter could be a wash between holifield and mcgowan. best team is between sikeston and scc although im curious about this cape central team that has branch, 3 six five kids and a six six. porter is the best player bar none. tolbert and flannagin are solid. best coach is an interesting category. is it the coach that wins the most or is it the coach that gets the most out of what he or she has to work with. most coaches, if they were at scc or sikeston would be as successful as, but would these coaches who coach at scc, charleston, sikeston etc be as success ful if they coached at advance, oak ridge or holcomb?

-- Posted by GSP on Mon, Jan 17, 2011, at 10:18 AM
  • Yeah, someone said Sikeston hasn't scored 100 points yet. Its because coach Holifield wont let it happen. Its called class.

There are plenty of ways NOT to score a 100 points on someone. Dont press if you are ahead by 30 points with turbo clock running. Stay in a zone on defense and plenty of subs on bench that dont get to play. It does no good for either team to score a 100 points.

-- Posted by tlks2much on Mon, Jan 17, 2011, at 10:26 AM
  • They could have dropped 100 on Park hills or warrenton..

But teams like SCC really don't have a choice.. They cant just stop playing and some smaller schools are just average against smaller schools, and SCC plays at a Class 4 or 5 level..

-- Posted by Dustin Ruby on Mon, Jan 17, 2011, at 10:29 AM
  • SCC could if they wanted to, but they have to pad some stats!!! Coach Cookson said that a long time ago.

They have plenty of boys on their bench that could play but don't get a chance.

I was told by someone at the oran tournament that they played starters the whole game and won by sixty. That's just plain wrong!

-- Posted by tlks2much on Mon, Jan 17, 2011, at 10:55 AM
  • My comment was assuming they put in their bench players.. But i've heard the same thing..

-- Posted by Dustin Ruby on Mon, Jan 17, 2011, at 11:01 AM
  • Best Freshmen- Monroe

Best Sophomore- ?

Best Junior- Greg Tucker

Best Senior- Otto

Best Big Man- Otto

Best Shooter- McGowan

Best Ball Handler- Garmon; hands down

Best Rebounder- Otto

Best Passer- Caruthers

Best Defensive Player- Jack Walls, he's 5'9 and locked down Alan Flannigan

Best Team- SCC

Best Fans- Sikeston

Best Homecourt Advantage- Sikeston

Best Coach- ?

Best Game This Year- Sikeston and Kennett this friday

Top Offensive Team- SCC

Top Defensive Team- Kennett

-- Posted by Ktownballer18 on Mon, Jan 17, 2011, at 11:46 AM
  • I would say PB has one of the best Defensive teams

-- Posted by BIGELW on Mon, Jan 17, 2011, at 12:09 PM
  • They sure didn't put that lockdown d on PB, and not trying to diss PB in any way

-- Posted by Dustin Ruby on Mon, Jan 17, 2011, at 12:35 PM
  • the two sophomores from holcomb are jay massey and glover, clarkton has two great juniors mike jones and logan blackburn.

-- Posted by kdjones on Mon, Jan 17, 2011, at 12:45 PM
  • Riding down the street in my 64?

-- Posted by Dustin Ruby on Mon, Jan 17, 2011, at 12:47 PM

Ryan Parham, sophomore point guard from Charleston, is in his second year as a starter. Was very impressive as a freshman, last year, and has improved quite a bit from last year. Not a prolific scorer but a floor general that dictates the offensive play of the team; a terrific defender.

-- Posted by birdfan on Mon, Jan 17, 2011, at 12:51 PM

I never said Monroe was going to be this unstoppable force when he becomes a senior, I just said he has the potential to become a great player. Yeah I know maxpreps doesn't have everything about everyone listed but his stats for a freshman speak for itself. You said you would like to see something else about him, not sure what you mean by that? Anyway, its just my opinion, take it for what its worth, I threw it out there because not many people have heard of him because he is a freshman but I am sure that will change in the years to come.

-- Posted by Cheesehead. on Mon, Jan 17, 2011, at 12:56 PM
  • inspectorgadget; Kennett was having an off game against PB and the refs at PB were not calling anything in favor of Kennett.. But it don't matter.. We'll overcome that lose..

-- Posted by Ktownballer18 on Mon, Jan 17, 2011, at 1:12 PM
  • 6thman, I didn't say annything about McGowan being a good shooter, I've never even seen the kid play. Not sure what you're talking about. I know that Wright is doing a fine job but Cookson is still running that team, he is being a mentor for Wright. If you watch enough of them play you will see that Cookson will sit contently on the bench unless somebody does something wrong or if they start losing focus and call a timeout he is the one in the huddle and Wright is listening like the players.

In regards to SCC running up the score. Ya they do it, but in both games I saw them score 100 they took the starters out after playing a minute in the 4th but left their 6th and 7th men in for awhile. When they put the last of the bench players in they already had 90. Also with padding the stats, I heard that at one game they took Otto out for the rest of the game but a Memphis scout came to the bench and asked if they would put him back in so he could see him some more. Not sure how true that is, just something I heard.

-- Posted by BB-BORE on Mon, Jan 17, 2011, at 1:16 PM
  • cheesehead, he's also 17 years old already according to people on another thread.

-- Posted by BB-BORE on Mon, Jan 17, 2011, at 1:17 PM
  • My opinions....

Best Freshman- ? Sikeston has 2 that start for the JV that are going to be really good...Reese Porter and J.T. Jones

Best Sophomore- Vashawn Ruffin

Best Junior- Greg Tucker, Terry Jamison

Best Senior- Otto

Best Big Man- Otto

Best Shooter- Will Holifield

Best Ball Handler- ? Garmon is good, though

Best Rebounder- Otto

Best Passer- Corey Porter

Best Defensive Player- Corey Porter / Darryl Howard

Best Team- SCC / Sikeston

Best Fans- Sikeston

Best Homecourt Advantage- Sikeston

Best Coach- Gregg Holifield

Best Game This Year- Cape/ND

Top Offensive Team- SCC / Sikeston

Top Defensive Team- Sikeston

-- Posted by Rocket689 on Mon, Jan 17, 2011, at 1:22 PM

Semosports- Just because you hear something from these posters doesn't mean its true. I'm not saying if it is, or if it isn't but not everything you hear is 100% accurate. That has me curious and I will find out myself tonight at the game.

-- Posted by Cheesehead. on Mon, Jan 17, 2011, at 1:25 PM

Semosports- Just because you hear something from these posters doesn't mean its true. I'm not saying if it is, or if it isn't but not everything you hear is 100% accurate. That has me curious and I will find out myself tonight at the game.

-- Posted by Cheesehead. on Mon, Jan 17, 2011, at 1:25 PM
  • ktownballer18

Gadget is correct....you can't lost by 21 and say you have the best D....it just doesn't make sense. Jack Walls at 5'9" is the best defender?? He is a very good player...no knock on the kid...not the best defender though....not even close.

The Sikeston - Holt game was probably the best game, but not a lot of people saw it.

Regarding scoring 100 pts....Sikeston could have scored 150 against Warrenton....it was that bad. They called off the press in the 1st quarter!!!!

-- Posted by Rocket689 on Mon, Jan 17, 2011, at 1:25 PM
  • Ktown are you serious with that statement that the refs didn't call anything against us why would they when Kennett mostly took jumpshots the whole game, if anything Kennett is a better team when the refs are not calling anything and letting both teams play. The thing is their press was not affecting us much at all and they were one and done on the offensive end because they can't rebound, that was the biggest diffence in the game.

-- Posted by BIGELW on Mon, Jan 17, 2011, at 1:29 PM

Wow rocket689 put on the sikeston show with his picks!!

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Mon, Jan 17, 2011, at 1:34 PM
  • Never said it was true, just what I heard. Go find out at the game tonight and come back and let us know. Not sure why somebody on here would say that a kid is older than he really is though, there just isn't a reason for that.

I still have to say that Otto is the best defensive player. I don't think anybody in the SEMO area has more blocks or steals than him.

-- Posted by BB-BORE on Mon, Jan 17, 2011, at 1:35 PM
  • People in the bleachers were saying Monroe is 17 and Taylor was 20 haha. Monroe is a 15 year old freshman that is a fact. From everything I've heard about him he is a great kid.

-- Posted by bootheelhooper on Mon, Jan 17, 2011, at 1:36 PM
  • Kennett is better than PB.. Garmon had a bad game that day, he only scored 6 points and he usually has double digits..

-- Posted by Ktownballer18 on Mon, Jan 17, 2011, at 1:36 PM
  • He would have had to put up 25 to make up for that.

-- Posted by BB-BORE on Mon, Jan 17, 2011, at 1:43 PM
  • So Rocket, according to you there are no other teams in the area besides Sikeston and SCC. Wow. You need to get out more!

-- Posted by Hemingway on Mon, Jan 17, 2011, at 1:50 PM
  • Hemingway, well if the shoe fits wear it, would you rather him but jacob tolbert as the best big man, just because otto was picked for too many things?

Its his opinion and he is entilted to it, you can make an agurement but you'd probably stalk him till he answered..

Sikeston and SCC have a debate for a player in every single category, so if you want to debate why not go ahead..

But its kinda creepy how last time you knew the story of his life.. Just sayin

-- Posted by Dustin Ruby on Mon, Jan 17, 2011, at 1:56 PM
  • I think he's talking more about Corey being best passer, Ruffin for best sophomore, Will as best shooter, and putting Terry on there for junior as well as Tucker.

-- Posted by BB-BORE on Mon, Jan 17, 2011, at 1:59 PM
  • Hemingway,

I guess I have to remind you.....please so not address me directly. Gadget reminded you of that the other day as well. What you think of my opinions is irrelevant to me.

The thread asked for opinions....I gave mine.

-- Posted by Rocket689 on Mon, Jan 17, 2011, at 2:05 PM
  • best junior-greg tucker/tj tisdell

-- Posted by k.steele11 on Mon, Jan 17, 2011, at 2:06 PM
  • wow kendal...

-- Posted by BB-BORE on Mon, Jan 17, 2011, at 2:07 PM
  • Terry is an excellent player though.. Two different positions two different roles.. Terry has stepped up in the big games they've called upon him too, Tucker is called upon every game

-- Posted by Dustin Ruby on Mon, Jan 17, 2011, at 2:07 PM
  • Best second year junior according to kendall steele is Tj tisdell

I thought picnicing your photos was for girls?

-- Posted by Dustin Ruby on Mon, Jan 17, 2011, at 2:10 PM
  • He is a very good player but Tucker is on another level. He singlehandedly keeps charleston in games.

-- Posted by BB-BORE on Mon, Jan 17, 2011, at 2:11 PM
  • what

-- Posted by k.steele11 on Mon, Jan 17, 2011, at 2:11 PM
  • second year junior?

-- Posted by BB-BORE on Mon, Jan 17, 2011, at 2:11 PM

Ok! Just talked with someone I know who works at the school. Monroe is NOT 17 years old. He just turned 16 in Oct, so whoever said he was 17 can take that somewhere else. People always try to discredit someone who is doing good.

-- Posted by Cheesehead. on Mon, Jan 17, 2011, at 2:12 PM
  • i think a girl did do that for me

-- Posted by k.steele11 on Mon, Jan 17, 2011, at 2:14 PM
  • So instead of being held back 2 years he was only held back one.

-- Posted by BB-BORE on Mon, Jan 17, 2011, at 2:14 PM

Not sure on the being held back. I just asked how old was he and she told me he turned 16 in Oct. Not sure why this is a problem. He isn't breaking any rules and is eligible to play, despite all these people trying to give him a bad name. You will not meet a better, well mannered teenager that is for sure. It really doesn't matter what anyone believes about him, he is a great player and a even better kid.

-- Posted by Cheesehead. on Mon, Jan 17, 2011, at 2:21 PM
  • Well somehow he is a year behind considering people normally turn 15 during their freshman year. It's not a problem but I don't think he should be considered best freshman if he really should be a sophomore. I don't know the kid personally but I'll take your word that he is a good, well-mannered athlete.

-- Posted by BB-BORE on Mon, Jan 17, 2011, at 2:24 PM

SemoSports, you can be a year older without being held back. It is most of the time just a matter of decision by the parent if they feel their kid is ready for school. He is in the ninth grade, so he is a part of the Class of 2014 or Freshmen Class. Thus, I say he should be classified as such. Either way, he is definitely a talent for our area.

-- Posted by sideline starter on Mon, Jan 17, 2011, at 2:27 PM
  • Yes, i understand being held back by parents. I know a few kids who are like that but they all have summer or August birthdays.

-- Posted by BB-BORE on Mon, Jan 17, 2011, at 2:29 PM
  • K-town still don't know how you think Kennett is better than PB what are you basing this off of. So what Garmon had a bad game and only scored 6 points whats he average 13 or 14 a game that still doesn't make up the difference in how bad they got beat.

-- Posted by BIGELW on Mon, Jan 17, 2011, at 2:31 PM
  • Inspector, Mr. Hemingway would like you to go back to English class now please!! I don't know anyone's life story besides mine, so what you talkin about Willis?

Rocket, for the last time I will address you if you put a comment on here that I think is a little suspect. Don't see you being able to stop me from doing that at this time. I have nothing personal against you or your comments either, rather they are great conversation starters. I have no idea of what your twin brother gadget is talking about either.

-- Posted by Hemingway on Mon, Jan 17, 2011, at 3:07 PM
  • it wasnt just garmon the team was missing almost all of their open shots and poplar bluff hit just about everything they threw up. the pb score keeper said they havent had a game like that all year. They had their best game at the same time we had our worst game that is the reason for the score. It wasnt pb defense, we had open shots all night but couldnt hit 2 ft jumpers. they hit no telling how many 3s and opened up a big lead.I hope they can continue to have some good games. and jack walls is one of the best defenders you apparently no nothing about.you might have a track and field star but j walls is every bit as fast as your all world sikeston team players

-- Posted by ktown 5150 on Tue, Jan 18, 2011, at 1:03 PM

The All-World Team has already been released? I must have missed the article.

-- Posted by yah-yah on Tue, Jan 18, 2011, at 1:12 PM
  • If you missed it just ask some sikeston fans they will let you know

-- Posted by ktown 5150 on Tue, Jan 18, 2011, at 4:29 PM
  • The truth is you could take the starting 5 for sikeston,cape,SCC, and charelston.. And fill out that entire list and itd be right

-- Posted by Dustin Ruby on Tue, Jan 18, 2011, at 4:33 PM

Thanks, inspector. Did Dekarington make the squad?

-- Posted by yah-yah on Tue, Jan 18, 2011, at 5:03 PM
  • pretty much.

-- Posted by BB-BORE on Tue, Jan 18, 2011, at 5:04 PM
  • yeah cause the bb players down here are not very good. sikeston,scc and charleston are the only teams with good players. caruthers and garmon would start for any of those teams.

-- Posted by ktown 5150 on Tue, Jan 18, 2011, at 5:28 PM

So, the consensus according to ktown, is that nearly everyone thinks that the only good players are from 3 schools. He now forms everyone's opinions for them.

Seriously, though. Who said Carruthers and Garmon weren't good players?

-- Posted by yah-yah on Tue, Jan 18, 2011, at 5:52 PM

Not many people are familiar with those players due to where they play. Therefore they arent talked about much.

-- Posted by CL on Tue, Jan 18, 2011, at 5:54 PM
  • I'm strictly talking about the list up there, not an all star team..

They could play for any team, that doesnt mean their any better then the people who would beat them on that list..

-- Posted by Dustin Ruby on Tue, Jan 18, 2011, at 5:59 PM
  • you might could fill out the list with the starting five of any of those teams but it would be wrong

-- Posted by ktown 5150 on Tue, Jan 18, 2011, at 6:04 PM

Someones opinion cant be wrong.

-- Posted by CL on Tue, Jan 18, 2011, at 6:08 PM
  • True, but in your eyes kennetts whole team has the best players in every category..

In my eyes they don't

Sophomore- Vashaun ruffin or Parhman

Junior-Greg tucker/ Terry Jamison

Senior-Otto Porter

Big man-Otto Porter

Shooter- Will Holifield

Rebounder-Otto Porter

Team-Sikeston

Fans-Sikeston

Homecourt advantage-Sikeston

Top Offense- SCC, highest average per game

Best Defensive player- Darryl Howard

Best Dunker- Jacob Tolbert

Best passer- Curtis Branch

Best SF- Janiel Hatchett

Best F- Otto Poter

Best PG- Curtis Branch/ Darryl Howard

Best C- Corey Porter

Best Game- SCC charelston

Most Overrated- Kennett/Cape Central

Most Underated- PB/ND

Best dressing coach- The G-G-Gregg Holifield

-- Posted by Dustin Ruby on Tue, Jan 18, 2011, at 7:17 PM

Best Sophomore- dont know but Vashon Ruffin is pretty good

Best Junior- terry jamison/Greg tucker

Best Senior- otto

Best Big Man- otto

Best Shooter- Will Holifield

Best Ball Handler- Branch in what I've seen

Best Rebounder- otto

Best Passer- corey porter

Best Defensive Player-Darrell Howard

Best Team- Sikeston

Best Fans- Sikeston

Best Homecourt Advantage- sikeston

Best Coach- Holifield

Best Game This Year- notre dame v cape

Top Offensive Team scc

Top Defensive Team sikeston or cape (its a tossup)

-- Posted by Shadow-the-hedgehog on Tue, Jan 18, 2011, at 7:31 PM
  • Well the more I get to see Branch play the more he proves just how good he is. He has now went two games without missing a shot. Also, dished out 10 or 11 assists tonight according to the SEMO players sitting behind me.

Sorry but IMO Parham is a better player than Ruffin right now. I think that if Ryan would be going to Sikeston he would be playing above Vashon. I do think Sikeston fans have an arguement with Tucker and Terry though. I think that Tucker is a better player and has more skill, as he is one of the top players in the area, but he plays a little out of control sometimes and tries to force it. I think that this could be a case of a kid who would succeed even more if he were playing with a better supporting cast kind of like Tolbert at ND this year. If you replace two Sikeston players with Tucker and Tolbert or put those two on Cape I feel like their stats would shoot up because they wouldn't have so much pressure and weight on their shoulders.

-- Posted by BB-BORE on Tue, Jan 18, 2011, at 9:18 PM
  • I get where your coming from, if ruffin was on charelston he'd probably be talked about a lot more, he is a excellent player and had 11 in one quarter tonight, he makes smart decisions and shots, especially for a sophmore..

And tucker has to do it all pretty much, Terry is very good on defense and at the PG position period, makes good passes and can take it to the hole extremely well..

-- Posted by Dustin Ruby on Tue, Jan 18, 2011, at 9:22 PM
  • I doubt kennett is overrated, and i only thought 2 kennett players should be on the list, even though jack walls could make a case for defense, we will see on friday how much better sikeston is than kennett. it should be a good game

-- Posted by ktown 5150 on Tue, Jan 18, 2011, at 9:32 PM
  • Sikeston by 20+.

-- Posted by FarmBoy06 on Tue, Jan 18, 2011, at 9:34 PM
  • Best Freshmen - Jordan Williamson - ND

Best Sophomore - Patrick Williamson - ND

Best Junior - Nathan Meystedt/Cody Heisserer - ND

Best Senior - Andrew Lange - ND

Best Rebounder - Jake Tolbert - ND

Best Defensive Player - Derek Landewee

Best Ballhandler - Jordan Reddin aka JaaayBiiiird - ND

Best Shooter - Matt Patton - ND

Best Manager - Adam McCoy - ND

Best Passer - Joe Siebert - ND

Best Offensive Team - Scott County (duh)

Best defensive Team - Notre Dame (duhhh)

Best Coach - Ronald Cookson

Best Overall Team - Notre Dame

Duh

-- Posted by <123> on Wed, Jan 19, 2011, at 2:50 PM

^^BIGGEST JOKE^^ (duhh)

-- Posted by yah-yah on Wed, Jan 19, 2011, at 3:00 PM
  • I'm hoping your a girl 123..

Reminds me of mean girls

-- Posted by Dustin Ruby on Wed, Jan 19, 2011, at 6:06 PM
  • The freshman someone mentioned from Risco is Jordon Pavy and he is very good.

Best Freshman? Jordon Pavy(Risco)

Best Sophomore? Jayshawn McDaniel(NMCC)

Best Junior? Tucker (Charelston)

Best Senior? Otto (SCC)

Best Big Man? Otto (SCC)

Best Shooter? Curtis Branch (Cape)

Best Ball Handler? Fred Garmon (Kennett)

Best Rebounder? Otto (SCC)

Best Passer? Curtis Branch (Cape)

Best Defensive Player? Otto (SCC)

Best Team? SCC

Best Fans? Sikeston

Best Homecourt Advantage? Sikeston

Best Coach? ?

Best Game This Year? Charelston-Notre Dame

Top Offensive Team? SCC

Top Defensive Team? SCC

-- Posted by dont worry on Thu, Jan 20, 2011, at 5:28 PM

Respond to this thread