Semoball

High School Basketball Forum: Delta girls

Posted by Mary Beth Bowman on Sun, Mar 7, 2021, at 3:40 PM:

Will there be story about the game Saturday or am I just missing it?

Replies (10)

• Mary Beth Bowman, I must be missing it too because I haven't see it either. It may be up to the coach to report it?

-- Posted by The deltan on Sun, Mar 7, 2021, at 5:17 PM
  • Shouldn't be....the reporters were there....I sent email to semoball....keep u posted

-- Posted by Mary Beth Bowman on Sun, Mar 7, 2021, at 5:22 PM
  • Deltan...don't know if this is appropriate for this forum but do u know what the "fuss" was about after the game?

-- Posted by Mary Beth Bowman on Sun, Mar 7, 2021, at 6:40 PM
  • Mary Beth Bowman, yeah I've heard it was some poor sportsmanship on SI fan. I would explain it to you, but its going to open a can of worms that I wish I has never opened. You may find the info on facebook.

-- Posted by The deltan on Sun, Mar 7, 2021, at 9:27 PM
  • -- Posted by $ecretagentman on Mon, Mar 8, 2021, at 7:04 PM
  • Not trying to “open a can of worms,” but could what happened at the end of the game stem from Coach H’s days of coaching boys and being accused of some unsavory behavior keeping other Class 1 schools, i.e. South Iron, from advancing in postseason play?

-- Posted by ToeTheLine on Tue, Mar 9, 2021, at 9:52 PM
  • ToeTheLine, could be, I dont know? What's happened the past should be left that way. Problem is the lady didn't have to do that in front of the girls.

-- Posted by The deltan on Wed, Mar 10, 2021, at 5:37 AM
  • The deltan, agree with that 100%. Those girls, if that’s what the “adult” was doing, had absolutely nothing to do with Coach H.’s past, obviously.

-- Posted by ToeTheLine on Wed, Mar 10, 2021, at 5:48 AM

Y'all know nothing will probably come out of this right? I hate to be negative, but we live in a world where behavior like that is encouraged and seen as "tough." There is no acountability for being a jerk. She was just "speaking her mind" and "telling it like it is." SI will probably (likely not) put out a release saying they "dealt with the issue internally" and move on. The best thing Delta and DH can do is use this as motivation next year. When/if they meet up again, Delta should just absolutely dominate and not let up until the final buzzer sounds if they can.

-- Posted by $ecretagentman on Wed, Mar 10, 2021, at 8:03 AM
  • I agree, $ecretagentman. Little came out of Heeb’s transgressions and little, if any, will come out of her transgressions.

-- Posted by ToeTheLine on Wed, Mar 10, 2021, at 1:53 PM

Respond to this thread

Posting a comment requires free registration: