Semoball

High School Basketball Forum: Jackson boys basketball

Posted by wolfwoman on Fri, Jan 25, 2019, at 10:03 PM:

Just got home from the Jackson/ Notre Dame boys game. Jackson was out hustled and out played all night. They seemed confused by the press and turned the ball over all night. Congrats to the Bulldogs they deserved the win.

Replies (29)

• Congrats to Notre Dame!

-- Posted by Chris Trimmer on Sat, Jan 26, 2019, at 9:00 AM
  • Well after watching the Sikeston Jackson game, those kid from Jackson are not bad players and they have awesome height I’m sorry but that’s the most poorly coached team I’ve seen to have the talent they got. Sorry just calling it like I see it

-- Posted by mizzou123 on Wed, Feb 20, 2019, at 12:04 PM
  • I think Vianney just scored another TD on Jackson.

-- Posted by caniplay on Wed, Feb 20, 2019, at 6:03 PM
  • @mizzou123 ive said it for years need a new coach hes wasting talent and does not know what he's doing

Kinda like the football team all hype no show

-- Posted by bigobe on Sat, Feb 23, 2019, at 5:26 PM
  • In the last 12 years Coach Scott won 8 district titles and advanced to the final 8 in 4 of those seasons. Most folks would call that a pretty impressive run.

http://www.indianhoops.com/

-- Posted by johndaniel on Sat, Feb 23, 2019, at 8:21 PM
  • Big, have to disagree with your comment on the football program for sure. A lot of people around the state would also.

-- Posted by wolfwoman on Sun, Feb 24, 2019, at 11:39 AM
  • Jackson is in Class 5. They have to compete with the Chamonades, the Desmets and a group of other private schools. Unless they have a once in a lifetime team (see PB in 04 and 05), they probably aren’t going to win a state title. They are, however, very well coached.

-- Posted by Rocket689 on Sun, Feb 24, 2019, at 12:41 PM
  • Jackson BBB wins. Way to go, Coach Scott and team.

-- Posted by Run the Race on Thu, Feb 28, 2019, at 9:14 PM
  • Thinking More Cowbell is Coach Scott himself, ha!

-- Posted by Tom A. Hawk on Fri, Mar 1, 2019, at 1:28 AM
  • I Think He (More Cowbell) Is A Notre Dame Girls Basketball Baby Daddy!!

-- Posted by Outfield on Fri, Mar 1, 2019, at 3:38 PM
  • Keep on Sherlock-ing. You’re bound to figure it out, and win a prize of some sort. Just as Cape is bound to find their portion of the $12,000,000 pool, pawn, and liqour development project. And just as I’m sure you’ll figure out the “negatives” of soccer and volleyball. In the meantime, I’ll be coaching BB or coloring my team gear blue and white or figuring out how to salvage RD football. But mostly just laughing. Laughing out loud.

-- Posted by Run the Race on Fri, Mar 1, 2019, at 4:13 PM
  • Billiards,pawn,liquor and discount smokes at 12 million is a huge development for that area!

-- Posted by Outfield on Fri, Mar 1, 2019, at 4:50 PM
  • It will do as much for that area as the millions of dollars poured into the Shawnee Sports Complex. Or the millions poured into the River Campus.

-- Posted by Run the Race on Fri, Mar 1, 2019, at 5:13 PM
  • Pool, pawn, and liquor development?? Oh, I see what you guys did there. You are saying that since that development is in the black part of town, the only businesses that will be successful there are liquor stores and pawn shops.

-- Posted by AgentMan on Fri, Mar 1, 2019, at 8:10 PM
  • It’s not a particular skin color of town. It is, however a mess of crime and dilapidated housing where liqour stores are a prominent business regardless of the millions spent to rejuvenate the area over the last decade. A school that’s struggling to graduate barely 87% of their students and whose majority of students are on free or reduced meals shouldn’t be spending $4,000,000 on a swimming pool.

But I see what you did there by dumbing it down.

-- Posted by Run the Race on Fri, Mar 1, 2019, at 8:19 PM
  • I’ve been around long enough to hear the dog whistle.

But, who is spending on the project? The city or the school? I’m confused.

-- Posted by AgentMan on Sat, Mar 2, 2019, at 6:47 PM
  • Total project estimation was $12,000,000 plus $750,000 - $1,000,000 per year to operate and maintain. The school committed $4,000,000 plus a yet to be determined operational and maintenance amount. The city last agreed to $6,000,000 while seeking additional ideas and partners because the school wants a competive pool and a separate recreational pool while making it clear that the latter is lower priority.

Knowing the area, understanding previous revitalization efforts, and following the discussion through the board process ensures there’s no need to blow a whistle.

-- Posted by Run the Race on Sat, Mar 2, 2019, at 7:09 PM
  • You’re right, there is no need to blow a whistle. You made it clear what you meant.

-- Posted by AgentMan on Sat, Mar 2, 2019, at 8:14 PM
  • Your response was expected as I have no doubt it’s easier for you to pull that card than discussing and understanding the issue.

-- Posted by Run the Race on Sat, Mar 2, 2019, at 8:27 PM
  • Funny. Thought this was Jackson Basketball forum. Great job Coach Scott, coaches and players. Keep rolling at the right time of year.

-- Posted by Just.watching on Sat, Mar 2, 2019, at 11:13 PM
  • Well, don’t make it so easy to call out.

-- Posted by AgentMan on Sun, Mar 3, 2019, at 12:57 AM
  • You made it easy by your demonstrated lack of understanding and unwillingness to think beyond your bumper sticker knowledge.

-- Posted by Run the Race on Sun, Mar 3, 2019, at 7:05 AM
  • Glass said the aquatic center could help revitalize Cape’s south-side neighborhood, and all of the proposed improvements in the school district, where 60 percent of students are economically disadvantaged, are designed to help students succeed.

How does spending $4,000,000 on a competive swimming pool and another $500,000 a year in operating costs benefit “economically disadvantaged” students? That’s like claiming the Sportsplex benefits veterans because of their building’s proximity to one another. And a swimming pool isn’t going to suddenly revitalize an area that didn’t do so after the Shawnee Rec Complex or River Campus.

-- Posted by Run the Race on Sun, Mar 3, 2019, at 7:21 AM
  • Did the boys’ basketball team at Jackson propose the swimming pool in Cape? How did we go from one to the other? Start a new thread, guys.

-- Posted by ToeTheLine on Sun, Mar 3, 2019, at 11:50 AM
  • Isn't it about time to bash Coach Scott for winning another district title?

-- Posted by gostlrams on Sun, Mar 3, 2019, at 10:48 PM
  • @ go---> well lets see in the district title game the best team failed to show up and play literally. In the next round once again they were handed the a**

-- Posted by bigobe on Sat, Mar 9, 2019, at 8:24 AM
  • Maybe Jaxn should try to lure Church away like cape did with Norman for football. At least we would make it farther in both sports.

-- Posted by bigobe on Sat, Mar 9, 2019, at 8:26 AM
  • The best team showed up in the district game which is why Bluff lost. And the best team showed up in the sectional round when Mehlville won by 8 points.

DS and DC are both really good coaches.

-- Posted by Run the Race on Sat, Mar 9, 2019, at 9:39 AM
  • The best team's bus broke down on the way to the district title game?

-- Posted by gostlrams on Sat, Mar 9, 2019, at 9:16 PM

Respond to this thread

Posting a comment requires free registration: