Semoball

High School Basketball Forum: 62nd Annual Park Hills Central Christmas Tournament

Posted by OzarkHoops on Thu, Dec 21, 2017, at 4:08 PM:

Should be a fun tourney. Who y'all got?

Replies (26)

• 1. Hillsboro

2. North County

3. Farmington

4. Park Hills Central

5. Festus

6. Perryville

7. Ste. Genevieve

8. DeSoto

9. Potosi

10. Arcadia Valley

11. South Iron

12. West County

13. Viburnum

14. Fredericktown

15. Herculaneum

16. Crystal City

-- Posted by OzarkHoops on Thu, Dec 21, 2017, at 4:13 PM
  • Hillsboro definitely the favorite to win it all. Viburnum could give Park Hills Central a good game. I see Arcadia Valley beating St. Gen. In the semi-finals I have Hillsboro v.s. Park Hills Central and Farmington v.s. North County. I think we'll see a rematch of last years championship game with Hillsboro and Farmington matching up again, but this time it'll go Hillsboro.

-- Posted by OzarkHoops on Thu, Dec 21, 2017, at 4:18 PM
  • How did Perryville get that high of a seed?

-- Posted by stlcardsfan on Thu, Dec 21, 2017, at 8:50 PM
  • Because other than the first 5...probably 4 teams....they others are all bad.

North County is head and shoulders better than anyone other than Hillsboro.

With the offensive firepower NC has, they have a punchers chance against Hillsboro.

-- Posted by BTIndians on Thu, Dec 21, 2017, at 8:59 PM
  • “North County is head and shoulders better than anyone other than Hillsboro.” Your kidding right?

-- Posted by hardwork on Thu, Dec 21, 2017, at 9:09 PM
  • You obviously have not seen the Raiders play this year.

They are improved over a year ago. Best player in the area.

-- Posted by BTIndians on Fri, Dec 22, 2017, at 7:52 AM
  • You mean...kid that shoots the most in the area

-- Posted by Coachken on Fri, Dec 22, 2017, at 8:04 AM
  • Exactly

-- Posted by hardwork on Fri, Dec 22, 2017, at 11:10 AM
  • Coachken, the Sprenkel kid is the one your talking about. Your right, cause as soon as he crosses half court he's a threat. He does take a large margin of their shots too.

-- Posted by OzarkHoops on Fri, Dec 22, 2017, at 11:50 AM
  • Farmington will hammer North County in the semifinals.

-- Posted by Only facts on Fri, Dec 22, 2017, at 8:59 PM
  • Does Ste. Gen have a chance at beating North County?

-- Posted by stlcardsfan on Sat, Dec 23, 2017, at 4:37 PM
  • No SG has no chance beating NC

-- Posted by hb1025 on Sun, Dec 24, 2017, at 7:39 AM
  • NC will be able to name the margin of victory v. SG. NC will hammer Farmington as well. I can see Sprenkel going for 30 to 40 and he is not their only threat this year.

Plus, NC plays great defense.

-- Posted by BTIndians on Sun, Dec 24, 2017, at 12:42 PM
  • You mean shots or points for Sprenkel?

-- Posted by Coachken on Sun, Dec 24, 2017, at 2:02 PM
  • Ken is a bitter, bitter old man who has been mad at the game for replacing the apple basket with a metal rim.

-- Posted by Nada on Sun, Dec 24, 2017, at 2:14 PM
  • Men don't hid behind computer names such as you do

-- Posted by Coachken on Sun, Dec 24, 2017, at 4:36 PM
  • A lot of talk of how great North County is. They lost to Farmington who they were supposed to "hammer". They weren't all that impressive beating Ste gen who is not good. You guys very much overrated that team. However after watching South Iron, they are a fun bunch to watch. They look like the underdogs every time but play hard till the last second. I think they had 3 freshmen out there doing work on Ste gen and Perryville. They will be a fun team to watch in a few years

-- Posted by Observer24 on Fri, Dec 29, 2017, at 11:07 PM
  • Did not see the NC/Farmington game. Really surprised but I did hear the NC coach say the way the game was called greatly favored Farmington. It is hard to beat 8. Farmington won the game at the free throw line. Not sure why that is the way it always is when NC plays Farmington or PHC.

Evidently, according to the coach, some suspect Farmington got a break on the last foul that eventually led to the game winning free throw. Coach mentioned on radio the kid who was fouled may have faked an injury so as not to have to shoot the free throw with 2 seconds left. The sub made the first one and won the game.

Evidently Sprenkel was a one man show and almost won the game by himself.

-- Posted by BTIndians on Sat, Dec 30, 2017, at 8:54 AM
  • Earlier in this thread, "North County is head and shoulders above everyone". What a joke!! And no way the Farmington kid faked an injury. He got hammered on the play. The kid that came in and hit the FT to win it had not played a second. And lets not forget, Farmington played without 6'7" Cole Laurence, easily one of their best players, and a player NC would have not had an answer for. Definitely, Hillsboro is "head and shoulders" above everyone in this tournament. Just wanted to get all the facts out there.

-- Posted by Only facts on Sat, Dec 30, 2017, at 9:57 AM
  • I did go and look at the replay on KFMO.

I agree, the kid got hammered and then hit the floor very hard. He could have been and might have been injured very badly. I was just going off the interview. It was definitely a foul. That kid may never want to drive to the basket again.

I did not realize Laurence did not play. Understand now he is injured.

Sprenkel is the best player in the tournament though. The coach was correct on that statement. He nearly won the game with little to no help.

Hillsboro will roll tonight with Farmington playing without Laurence.

-- Posted by BTIndians on Sat, Dec 30, 2017, at 10:07 AM
  • He wasn't the best on the floor last night...and isn't close to Pinkley.

-- Posted by Coachken on Sat, Dec 30, 2017, at 12:16 PM
  • Sprenkel scored half their points against ste gen. Can't be a one man band against good teams. I expect Everyone talks about pinkley but they have a couple other kids who can play pretty well. I thought Gray from Farmington looked very good. Is Laurence better than gray? If so that is a great duo down low. South Iron just beat Festus by 10. who is in south irons district?

-- Posted by Observer24 on Sat, Dec 30, 2017, at 2:53 PM
  • The Brewer kid from Hillsboro is pretty good.. but Sprenkel isn't the best player in the tourney as his Coach/brother=in=law stated..

-- Posted by waterbottle21 on Sat, Dec 30, 2017, at 4:22 PM
  • Brewer is a very good player. I was impressed with him tonight. He stood out tonight for sure. I thought he was gonna slam it home at the end buttttt didn't happen. Hardy from Farmington had a pretty good game too. The end results were fitting for every team in the tournament

-- Posted by Observer24 on Sat, Dec 30, 2017, at 10:27 PM
  • I watched the semi finals and finals. I believe Farmington would have beaten Hillsboro if they had the big kid back. Talent wise, Hillsboro should have won easily but they didn't. Farmington did an excellent job of moving the ball against the match up zone and got good shots all night long. They also played very sound defensively but the big guy was just too hard to handle.

As far as the comments about the North County Farmington game, Farmington shot more free throws because North County fouled on every possession. The officials should have called many more fouls on North County. They were setting moving screens for Sprinkle, pushing defenders in to Sprinkle so ref would call foul and they were jumping over the backs of Farmington all night. The Farmington team showed a lot of character by making the comeback when they were 9 down after leading the entire game. I was very impressed with the fact that in both the final and semi final, Farmington made adjustments during the game that allowed them to beat North County and stay close to Hillsboro.

By the way, that Sprinkles is a heck of a shooter for North County. Sure he sometimes takes questionable shots but most gunners do that. You must take the bad with the good.

-- Posted by Wally Hall on Sun, Dec 31, 2017, at 1:48 PM
  • Well BT, Farmington won 3 of 4 vs North county this year. See ya

-- Posted by Coachken on Wed, Feb 28, 2018, at 12:48 PM

Respond to this thread

Posting a comment requires free registration: