Semoball

High School Basketball Forum: New Area Coaches

Posted by mule4444 on Thu, May 4, 2017, at 10:16 AM:

Oak Ridge, Leopold, Meadow Heights, and Richland will all have new coaches next year any idea on who will fill these jobs?

Replies (36)

Don't know but glad you started this post always nice to know what programs will have leadership changes!

-- Posted by porchswing on Thu, May 4, 2017, at 12:34 PM
  • Rumor is Chris Trimmer going to Oak Ridge.

-- Posted by taxpayer parent on Thu, May 4, 2017, at 1:18 PM
  • Someone said the coach at leopold left to go to meadow heights does anybody know if there is any truth to that? I also heard trimmer to oak ridge

-- Posted by mule4444 on Thu, May 4, 2017, at 1:32 PM
  • Where did Meadow heights coach go?

-- Posted by ESPN05 on Thu, May 4, 2017, at 1:49 PM
  • I believe meadow heights went to chaffee to help coach football

-- Posted by mule4444 on Thu, May 4, 2017, at 1:57 PM
  • Where hasn't Trimmer coached. He'll be gone as soon as the freshmen this year graduate. Welcome back to the coaching carousel, Oak Ridge.

-- Posted by El Burro on Thu, May 4, 2017, at 2:10 PM
  • I'm guessing trimmer hops around some? What are your thoughts on meadow heights hiring Brownsbeger from Leopold?

-- Posted by mule4444 on Thu, May 4, 2017, at 2:12 PM
  • You would think by now schools would no better than to hire Trimmer.

-- Posted by ESPN05 on Thu, May 4, 2017, at 2:15 PM
  • Both Oak Ridge and Meadow Heights will be good teams next year. They both have a lot of talent coming back.

-- Posted by lhs06 on Fri, May 5, 2017, at 10:12 AM
  • Where was trimmer at before OR?

-- Posted by PimpDaddyTaddy on Fri, May 5, 2017, at 10:32 AM
  • First off Coach would still be at SG I not for the Idiots in charge at the time! Second Coach has had several health issues making it hard for him to Coach for a extended period if time! And did u know that Coach donated his first yr salary back to Valle and maybe even his second, that I cannot confirm! He dosn't do it for the $ he does it because he loves the game!

-- Posted by Bleed Green 2 on Fri, May 5, 2017, at 11:01 AM
  • He's a good coach, I hope his health improves so he can enjoy doing what he loves to do.

-- Posted by BBUBET on Fri, May 5, 2017, at 11:09 AM
  • Bleed that's a stretch, I have made it clear I was not a fan of his time at SG but that's my opinion. However Mr trimmer is a nice guy, will work hard and give whatever school a solid chance to win. I'm happy the man can still coach and wish him luck and good health!

-- Posted by Coachken on Fri, May 5, 2017, at 11:31 AM
  • I'm just glad he's Coaching again and it's not at Valle!!!

-- Posted by Bleed Green 2 on Fri, May 5, 2017, at 1:26 PM
  • Pretty sure Valle is happy about that as well!

-- Posted by El Capitan on Fri, May 5, 2017, at 2:01 PM
  • Bro I love the Name!! But u have no idea what u just got yourself into!! Haha. As for Valle being happy why is that? Is it because They'd rather pay for a HC? Is it because they have sooo much basketball talent they can go out and get whoever they want? No! Whoever they get will stick around for a yr maybe 2 until he realizes Basketball at Valle is a Intermurial sport at best and it's gym is as old as the town of SG and Smells like A crop field that was just sprayed with manure! Good luck on your new Coach Hey I have a Idea give it to Casey, just offer him unlimited Valle T-shirts and Free MBL at the Legion

-- Posted by Bleed Green 2 on Fri, May 5, 2017, at 2:29 PM

Bleed, those comments on Casey made my day. Thanks for that

-- Posted by BlueNote on Fri, May 5, 2017, at 2:57 PM
  • Your welcome, Glad I could help

-- Posted by Bleed Green 2 on Fri, May 5, 2017, at 3:54 PM
  • Yes Meadow Heights former coach left for Chaffee to coach football. His preferred sport. And Leopould's coach went to meadow height

-- Posted by SG13Mac13 on Sat, May 6, 2017, at 5:14 AM
  • Chaffee got themselves a good Football Coach! Nick was a outstanding football player at SG, hopefully in a few years he will be where he belongs!

-- Posted by Bleed Green 2 on Sat, May 6, 2017, at 8:54 AM
  • He will be a good coach, heck he out coached Trimmer in basketball last year in district.

-- Posted by bunthimover on Sun, May 7, 2017, at 10:05 AM
  • There is no way he outcoached Trimmer. Oak Ridge no longer hires coaches that can be outcoached. They gst rid of mediocre coaches and hire the best, just like they did this year with baseball. Volleyball and softball must be next!

-- Posted by El Capitan on Sun, May 7, 2017, at 2:09 PM
  • I can't believe u Valle fans get on here and bash a Coach who Coached for free so your players could have better uniforms and equipment!!

-- Posted by Bleed Green 2 on Mon, May 8, 2017, at 3:13 PM

Coach Trimmer is a great coach and even smarter man! Valle appreciates what he did for them, taking them further than they had ever previously been.

-- Posted by BlueNote on Mon, May 8, 2017, at 3:26 PM
  • No, he walked into the most talented group Valle has had in almost 20 years. Lets just be honest!

-- Posted by Coachken on Mon, May 8, 2017, at 8:53 PM

yes, he did. You still have to coach the game though. He still took them further than any other previous group in history. His basketball IQ is extremely high, don't diminish what he did at Valle because they actually had some basketball talent.

-- Posted by BlueNote on Mon, May 8, 2017, at 9:17 PM
  • Well ken if we're being honest...usually a school/team has one of their best or THE best run in their history with one of the most talented groups. Usually there's a direct correlation there.

-- Posted by PimpDaddyTaddy on Mon, May 8, 2017, at 9:18 PM
  • You keep talking like he turned down $30-40k. He turned down a coaching salary that couldn't have been more than $3-4K for basically a full time job. No high school coach does it for the money, are you crazy.

I was just pointing out that if Oak Ridge hired him, he must be one if not the best coach in the area, since that is their new strategy. He had to have beaten out the top coaches in the area, who were chomping at the bit to go there.

-- Posted by El Capitan on Mon, May 8, 2017, at 11:47 PM
  • Actually I just enjoy coaching. I am not taking a full time job at Oak Ridge. Just part time I am retired from the PSRS. I am still teaching the dual credits classes at Valle first and second hour next year. I will then drive down to Oak Ridge teach two classes in the afternoon then coach basketball. Oak Ridge needed a coach that wasn't full time and I just enjoy coaching. As far as coaching skill goes I leave that up to you guys.It doesn't really matter whether I can or can't most you have already made that decision and that's fine. I do coach because I love the game not for the money. After 35 years and full retirement I do it because I love it and to give you guys something to complain about.I wish you all a very good day.

-- Posted by Bearcat Fan on Tue, May 9, 2017, at 4:55 AM
  • I really don't think anyone is doubting your coaching ability, at least they shouldn't. Your buddy bleed gets on here and spouts off stupid crap and it just fuels the fire. I think the negative comments are people trying to get him fired up. Imagine that!?

-- Posted by BBUBET on Tue, May 9, 2017, at 8:31 AM
  • Tell me how I spout off stupid crap? Why cause I tell the truth that people don't wanna hear? I haven't said one thing on here that isn't true!

-- Posted by Bleed Green 2 on Tue, May 9, 2017, at 8:41 AM
  • And let me see u turn down $4000! Not happening

-- Posted by Bleed Green 2 on Tue, May 9, 2017, at 8:42 AM
  • "it's gym is as old as the town of SG and Smells like A crop field that was just sprayed with manure!"

I don't think Valle's Gym is as old as the town of SG, so there is one thing that you have said that is not true. It also does not smell like a crop field sprayed with manure, it's more of a freshly cut lawn smell. It's quite intoxicating.

As for Coach Trimmer, never questioned him or anything about him. Mainly pointed out that Oak Ridge would not hire someone that could possibly be outcoached. I wish you the best, hopefully you can make the parents/board members happy. Because, if you go there and do better than anyone else has, they will fire you!

-- Posted by El Capitan on Tue, May 9, 2017, at 9:00 AM
  • Ones opinion is not necessarily anothers! So when I say it stinks that's my opinion!

-- Posted by Bleed Green 2 on Tue, May 9, 2017, at 9:08 AM
  • So Bleed is the next Valle coach?

You have plenty of time don't you?

-- Posted by Coachken on Tue, May 9, 2017, at 10:22 AM
  • That would be one way to end a program!!!

-- Posted by BBUBET on Tue, May 9, 2017, at 11:15 AM

Respond to this thread

Posting a comment requires free registration: