Semoball

High School Basketball Forum: Kennett-NMCC

Posted by Rachel Crader on Tue, Feb 23, 2010, at 10:00 PM:

Here is the bracket for Class 3, District 1: http://semoball.com/bracket/1075/

Here is the final score of tonight's Kennett-NMCC game:

New Madrid County Central 68, Kennett 48

Soooo...

Replies (12)

• By the way: you can find all district brackets and scores on the high school basketball page here: http://semoball.com/highschool/basketball/

-- Posted by Rachel Crader on Tue, Feb 23, 2010, at 10:02 PM

soooo.... they are playing real well and i think they will win district!!! GOOD GAME EAGLES!!!!

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Tue, Feb 23, 2010, at 10:16 PM
  • Eagles played well tonight. Kennett will be tough to beat at home. They have a great advantage in the fact Charleston and NMCC will beat each other up in the semis. Good thing they played NMCC and Charleston late in the season or they would not have the #1 seed. Should be a great district to watch.

-- Posted by coachpanther on Tue, Feb 23, 2010, at 10:44 PM

Yes it should! there will be some exciting games! the one thing i noticed was how everyone has been talking about kennet's being deep and quick but tonight they got flat out ran in the ground and by the third quarter were sucking air like a dyson vaccuum!

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Tue, Feb 23, 2010, at 10:50 PM

Very proud of the Eagles tonight!!! They took care of business against a state-ranked Kennett team who is very good. They beat 2 district opponents in two days. If they play like this next week, we will have a new Class 3A District 1 Champion!!! Oh, did anyone else catch the dunk by Dontre' Jenkins???

-- Posted by EagleAgent00 on Tue, Feb 23, 2010, at 11:19 PM
  • I know I promised I was leaving but it's hard not to make comments sometimes. I'm addicted to posting on the forums. I NEED HELP! Anyways, just remember what I said a few weeks ago . . . The team that wins the first game might not win the second game . . . if there is a second game . . . Kennett managed to lose to Charleston and NMCC the first time . . . Therefore, according to my theory, Kennett has a great shot next week . . . But you cannot count out the legendary David Heeb's Caruthersville Tigers.

-- Posted by drawmules on Wed, Feb 24, 2010, at 12:06 AM
  • drawmules............what exactly constitutes David Heeb as being legendary?? Anyhow, THIS is exactly why all the district games should be played (if at all possible) before the district seedings. Here we have Kennett at #1 that has LOST to the 2 and 3 seeds. And whoever said NMCC and C'ton would beat up on each other in the semi's was exactly right! Kennett has it made up until they meet one of those two in the championship game.

-- Posted by BallBoy on Wed, Feb 24, 2010, at 8:22 AM
  • Infamous David Heeb, not legendary. How come he never tried to get jobs at Twin Rivers, Bloomfield, Campbell, or Holcomb? I guess being an opportunist and recycling everything Scott County Central ever did makes someone a great legend.

But I don't want this to be about bashing David Heeb. As far as Kennett goes, the 'magic' has wore off and they can't compete with teams with basketball histories like Charleston and NMCC. Athlete per athlete, those two teams are head and shoulders above Kennett. Kennett has had a great year but won't make it out of their district. But they should be proud of what they've accomplished.

-- Posted by Pwilcox on Wed, Feb 24, 2010, at 9:18 AM
  • Being from Sikeston and having watched Sikeston play NMCC twice, Kennett once and Charleston once, plus keeping in mind the fact that Charleston has evidently improved as the season has progressed, I'd have to give the nod to NMCC in this district...even though NMCC did not play particularly well against Sikeston in either contest. I can see the potential NMCC has.

-- Posted by Cully Bryant on Wed, Feb 24, 2010, at 9:27 AM
  • I've been thinking all year that Charleston was going to come into form when it mattered most. Deonte Jones has finally started to show just how good he is. Just like last year when everyone thought it was New Madrid's district to lose, I think the Bluejays pull out a DC again this year. I also think they'll be able to defeat Arcadia Valley if they make it out of their district.

-- Posted by s-town4292 on Wed, Feb 24, 2010, at 9:52 AM
  • LETS GO BLUE!!!

Over all,its been an amazing year in SEMO high school hoops.Charleston beat Bluff,Kennet,and Cape.Cape beat Notre Dame and Sikeston.Notre Dame beat Sikeston and Scott Central.Sikeston beat Charleston,Henry Co. And scored 100 points(no matter who the opp. Is,they made 50 shots)and went to the class 4 semis in football)Leopold is ranked no.4 in class 1,wow!!

And th 1

-- Posted by DonaldTrump on Wed, Feb 24, 2010, at 1:58 PM
  • Oh,and Bluff beat Notre Dame!!

-- Posted by DonaldTrump on Wed, Feb 24, 2010, at 2:00 PM

Respond to this thread

Posting a comment requires free registration: