Semoball

High School Basketball Forum: Junior High Basketball

Posted by country11 on Thu, Sep 29, 2016, at 10:23 AM:

I know this is not a topic about high school basketball but I feel it is still an interesting topic since it will be something worth noting for the future. Has anyone seen the Junior High girls basketball teams from Scott City? In the recent years they have not been a good topic to discuss but this year they are changing that. There is one girl worth mentioning and I feel is making the difference. I believe last name is Diger. I know they got a new coach this year but knowing that history, I can't help but think it is not his presence making the difference, or solely not him to say the least. They have a girl that is appearing to be one of the best I have seen at this age in a while, especially from Scott City. I have watched several games and her stats are remarkable to say the least for her age. I went to the Chaffee vs Scott City game that Scott City hosted earlier in the season in the hopes of seeing Chaffee come out on top again. Nonetheless, I seen the opposite and I have to credit it because of this 7th grader. I was very entertained watching her play, as she was good in all areas. She played great defense, knew how to handle the ball, looks down the court and anything between. Not to mention be prepared if you left her open. You could see she carried the team but not in a selfish way. I know she was the topic of most people in the gym that night and has been at a couple of the other games I have attended. I was so impressed that I had to go watch again just to see if it was just one of those games for her. After watching her a few more games I can say that is not what it was. She is putting up numbers that girls in high school do or even struggle to do. The last 2 games I watched she lead in every stat for either team. It will be interesting to see how this young lady develops as the years go by. She has serious talent so it will be interesting to see if she has the work ethic and drive to develop it more. Although I am not a fan of Scott City, and wish she played for a different school, I believe she will be one to keep an eye out for in the future.

Respond to this thread

Posting a comment requires free registration: