Semoball

High School Basketball Forum: Sikeston vs Ste. Gen Sectional

Posted by Jason Porter on Tue, Mar 8, 2016, at 11:27 AM:

What time is everyone planning on arriving at the venue? Any idea what time doors open? Final score predictions?

Replies (59)

• Sikeston by 35 at the half. They let the cheerleaders play 2nd half and win 80-40!

-- Posted by Coachken on Tue, Mar 8, 2016, at 11:48 AM
  • Sikeston 75, Ste. Gen 50.

-- Posted by Slammer on Tue, Mar 8, 2016, at 11:49 AM
  • Bulldogs 87, Hunter Dragons 48

-- Posted by Pete Czeria on Tue, Mar 8, 2016, at 11:54 AM
  • Maybe they should have played their cheerleaders against Dexter girls, too.

-- Posted by Bogey Man on Tue, Mar 8, 2016, at 12:00 PM
  • I'm pretty sure the doors will open at 5.

-- Posted by Chaka34 on Tue, Mar 8, 2016, at 12:00 PM
  • @Coachken... since you obviously know how the game is going to go tonight maybe you should join the cheerleaders after half.

-- Posted by IrishWhiskey on Tue, Mar 8, 2016, at 12:07 PM

Will this game be online anywhere?

-- Posted by BulldogFan1 on Tue, Mar 8, 2016, at 12:15 PM
  • KFMO and prepcast

-- Posted by hb1025 on Tue, Mar 8, 2016, at 12:36 PM

SIKESTON-89

ST.GEN-34

-- Posted by 11TIMEST.CHMPS@BLUEJAYS on Tue, Mar 8, 2016, at 12:43 PM

You always have to have an upset call.

SIKESTON-65

ST.GEN-66

(1OT)0.0001 chance

-- Posted by 11TIMEST.CHMPS@BLUEJAYS on Tue, Mar 8, 2016, at 12:46 PM
  • I can see a game of keep away happening. The shot clock debate may come up again after this game.

-- Posted by BBUBET on Tue, Mar 8, 2016, at 1:43 PM
  • I'm not sure this game will be worth the hour of standing in line in the rain to see it.

-- Posted by Fatboy1972 on Tue, Mar 8, 2016, at 1:50 PM
  • If Ste. Gen. can play keep away, more power to them. If they could, that would be a great strategy, but they can't and that is why the shot clock is silly.

If Ste. Gen plays keep away it will be because Sikeston allows it, but they won't.

I am sure Ste. Gen. would like to slow the game down, but when you have pressure like Sikeston can apply on Ste. Gen., you better get it down and get it toward the basket before it results in a dunk on the other end.

I wish Ste. Gen. could make it respectable, but they can't. Sikeston gets to name the final score.

-- Posted by BTIndians on Tue, Mar 8, 2016, at 2:07 PM
  • You're right BTIndians, im just thinking of what they could possibly do, and that would be one if not the only way to stay in the game. SG ball handlers aren't bad, but Sikestons quickness will prevail. Would like to make the trip but gotta work tonight.

-- Posted by BBUBET on Tue, Mar 8, 2016, at 2:11 PM
  • The Dexter girls and Sikeston boys games are both supposed to stream live on YHC TV. Web address is:

www.yhctv.com

-- Posted by Dexter Native on Tue, Mar 8, 2016, at 2:11 PM
  • Greminger will be the best ball handler on the court tonight! Here's what SG needs to do! they have to slow the game down! They have the ball handler to beat Sikestons preasure! second they need to play physical! Schenck must be a dominant force down low! If I was Rob I'd tell him to throw a couple of elbows early to let them know it ain't gonna be easy! And third say a prayer! I believe in the power of prayer! And TFA I will not be able to attend tonight's game I'm on until 1730 good luck tonight and Go Dragons!!

-- Posted by Bleed Green 2 on Tue, Mar 8, 2016, at 3:03 PM

TONIGHT'S LINES

Sikeston -26

O/U 113

-- Posted by BulldogFan1 on Tue, Mar 8, 2016, at 3:07 PM
  • Sorry I won't get to meet you Bleed and stop telling your guys to throw elbows remember you've said you don't know basketball so keep it to football. Trying to hurt our guys.

-- Posted by TFA on Tue, Mar 8, 2016, at 3:25 PM
  • But he wont be the best ball handler on the court bleed Lol

Stick to football

-- Posted by superunbiased on Tue, Mar 8, 2016, at 3:34 PM
  • I think so but I'm biased! As for knowledge of the game I feel I was coached by one of the best coaches of all time in Coach Trimmer so I'd say I know a thing or two about the game! I just don't follow it like football! And by me saying throw a few elbows was in no way trying to hurt anyone! U can be physical and not be dirty! Go Deagons

-- Posted by Bleed Green 2 on Tue, Mar 8, 2016, at 4:02 PM
  • Sikeston 76, Ste. Gen 57

-- Posted by PBMuleFan on Tue, Mar 8, 2016, at 4:12 PM
  • Who beat Sikeston Cape? Didn't Farmington beat Cape? Just saying anything can happen!!

-- Posted by Bleed Green 2 on Tue, Mar 8, 2016, at 4:18 PM
  • Bleed one of the best coaches of all time? Bleed I believe you played in the late 90's and had a ton of talent during that time frame @ SG (Well For SG). And if I remember, underachieved big time.

-- Posted by Coachken on Tue, Mar 8, 2016, at 5:09 PM
  • Lol and sikeston also blew out farmington by 30+

Cape had the personal, coaching, and a higher caliber player as well as guys who played their roles very well.

They were a tough matchup for sikeston

But to this day it still makes me scratch my head how they lost to farmington

-- Posted by superunbiased on Tue, Mar 8, 2016, at 5:12 PM
  • Coachken I agree we didn't live up to the hype that's for sure! I just hope SG keeps it close my heart thinks they will but my mind is telling me theirs no chance!

-- Posted by Bleed Green 2 on Tue, Mar 8, 2016, at 5:36 PM
  • SG is not ready for this level of basketball. They are playing a team that has an awesome shot to be the state Champions. So its the ultimate test.

-- Posted by Coachken on Tue, Mar 8, 2016, at 5:46 PM
  • can't believe Dexter radio not carrying girls games.

-- Posted by lastride67 on Tue, Mar 8, 2016, at 6:10 PM
  • Bleed don't get your feelings hurt I was messing with you.

-- Posted by TFA on Tue, Mar 8, 2016, at 6:36 PM
  • It takes alot to hurt my feelings! Some would say what feelings! Haha Have fun tonight I wish your son the best of luck!

-- Posted by Bleed Green 2 on Tue, Mar 8, 2016, at 6:45 PM
  • Thanks u had plenty of time to make it and there's lots of room

-- Posted by TFA on Tue, Mar 8, 2016, at 7:09 PM
  • Someone needs to tell yhctv.com that there isn't a Porter on Sikestons team anymore.

-- Posted by Fatboy1972 on Tue, Mar 8, 2016, at 8:14 PM
  • I was close...dogs by 27 at the half

-- Posted by Coachken on Tue, Mar 8, 2016, at 8:21 PM
  • Fred and JaWon dunking on the whole SG team, women, children, grandparents. Just reckless abandon. They may take the rims home with them!!!

-- Posted by ihateAZ on Tue, Mar 8, 2016, at 8:27 PM
  • You sure know what you're talking about Coach Ken.....it didn't take a rocket scientist to figure out it would be 25+......you have 0 credibility in your obvious predictions. Just sayin. Keep your day job

-- Posted by BBUBET on Tue, Mar 8, 2016, at 8:29 PM
  • Hard to stop a team that's 10-11 from behind the arc! SG is playing the class 4 State Champions tonight IMO! And here's a question that was brought up to me awhile ago. Why is SG class 4? I didn't have an answer so can anyone answer that question?

-- Posted by Bleed Green 2 on Tue, Mar 8, 2016, at 8:30 PM
  • Why is SG class 4? Everyone can't be PHC.

-- Posted by BTIndians on Tue, Mar 8, 2016, at 8:41 PM
  • SG (like every other class 4 school) is class 4 because of their enrollment...... shouldn't be a question!

-- Posted by semo7178 on Tue, Mar 8, 2016, at 8:49 PM
  • Good one BTIndians. So SG and Sikeston have the same or close to same enrollment?

-- Posted by Bleed Green 2 on Tue, Mar 8, 2016, at 8:53 PM
  • Score ??

-- Posted by Headhunt on Tue, Mar 8, 2016, at 8:53 PM

Like 1000-16 or something like that

-- Posted by BulldogFan1 on Tue, Mar 8, 2016, at 8:57 PM
  • 76-43 final

-- Posted by Bleed Green 2 on Tue, Mar 8, 2016, at 9:02 PM
  • thanks I think getting past Cape was like a shot in the arm.....they needed that to make a push. They got it..

-- Posted by Headhunt on Tue, Mar 8, 2016, at 9:05 PM

Ste. Gen enrollment is 630 and Sikeston is 999...according to 2014-2015 numbers.

Class 4 is enrollment of 559-1274

-- Posted by Attaboy on Tue, Mar 8, 2016, at 9:06 PM

76-43. Haha waiting for the Ste. Gen people to be like, "we outscored sikeston 7-3 in the 4th quarter" lol

-- Posted by cker23 on Tue, Mar 8, 2016, at 9:07 PM
  • You won't hear anything from us in Ste. Gen....we know you're good at basketball and, well, basketball, that's about it lol

-- Posted by BBUBET on Tue, Mar 8, 2016, at 9:21 PM
  • The best part about the Thatch and Kimble dunks was the look on the faces in the St. Gen. student section. Classic!

-- Posted by rocketsbro on Tue, Mar 8, 2016, at 9:25 PM
  • How sikeston was moving the ball, being on the same page with each other to that extent and the confidence they were showing is exactly what they looked like till that cape game, they've gotten it back and if they can keep that level of intensity and offense they will make a great run!!!

Was proud

And I thought bleed had a solid point about that pg having the best handles, till that pick pocket with 3 seconds left in the half;)

Joking joking, great season St gen

And here comes the class sizes and country boarders

Were lucky that were not an area that lets families practically pick and choose where they want to go. 30-45 min bus shipments from different towns.

-- Posted by superunbiased on Tue, Mar 8, 2016, at 9:50 PM
  • So who is next for the mighty bulldogs?

-- Posted by uncommon_sense on Tue, Mar 8, 2016, at 9:52 PM

Parkway West

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Tue, Mar 8, 2016, at 9:55 PM
  • Bleed that # 3 I think was the number, was pretty good was that who you were talking about?

-- Posted by TFA on Tue, Mar 8, 2016, at 9:57 PM
  • This post from above: Ste. Gen enrollment is 630 and Sikeston is 999...according to 2014-2015 numbers.

Class 4 is enrollment of 559-1274

-- Posted by Attaboy on Tue, Mar 8, 2016, at 9:06 PM

I didn't hear SG folks complaining about being in class 3 during football season, in which class 3 began at 420 students!

-- Posted by semo7178 on Tue, Mar 8, 2016, at 9:58 PM
  • Who does Dexter play?

-- Posted by TFA on Tue, Mar 8, 2016, at 10:02 PM

MICDS I believe TFA

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Tue, Mar 8, 2016, at 10:10 PM

Looks like Dexter girls will have Country Day (MICDS).

-- Posted by Attaboy on Tue, Mar 8, 2016, at 10:11 PM
  • Last ride,

All Dexter girls games are broadcast on KLUH 90.3 fm.

-- Posted by Dexter Native on Tue, Mar 8, 2016, at 10:16 PM
  • Kinda sad about this game because it was probably the last time I see my son play. Hope Saturday night isn't the last time I see the rest of my seniors play.

-- Posted by TFA on Wed, Mar 9, 2016, at 4:20 AM
  • Bbubet..I almost picked the exact score. Sup?

-- Posted by Coachken on Wed, Mar 9, 2016, at 4:39 AM
  • Great season for the Dragons!! District champions and 17-12 record is quite an accomplishment for this team of great kids off the court as well. Every kid on the team is a great student, solid citizen, and genuine nice kid, and all will be successful in life. They will remember this season proudly the rest of their lives.

Good luck Sikeston and Dexter!

-- Posted by Bogey Man on Wed, Mar 9, 2016, at 6:19 AM
  • No one is complaining about enrollment I was asked a question and couldn't answer it!

-- Posted by Bleed Green 2 on Wed, Mar 9, 2016, at 6:42 AM

Respond to this thread

Posting a comment requires free registration: