Semoball

High School Baseball Forum: New Baseball Class and District assignments released

Posted by Larry Doby on Fri, Dec 12, 2014, at 8:01 AM:

Haven't had a chance to really look at it much but I did notice Cooter is now class 2.

http://www.mshsaa.org/Activities/ClassAndDistrictAssignments.aspx

Replies (11)

• Pretty big shake up in regards to Cooter moving to Class 2. Class 1 obviously takes a hit, but a great opportunity for some schools who have been behind Cooter for years.

Class 2 District 1 is very different than the previous cycle. Hayti, Portageville, and Senath all go to Class 3 and in comes Cooter, Bernie, and Bloomfield to make this a very balanced and dangerous district.

Class 4 is different as well as Sikeston is bumped to Class 5. Cape ND and Kennett look strong in District 1 now.

Going to be a fun spring!

-- Posted by MU_Tigers on Fri, Dec 12, 2014, at 9:03 AM

So how do they place these teams? How do they put teams in different classes?

-- Posted by SHS BUM 21 on Fri, Dec 12, 2014, at 9:41 AM

Teams are placed based on enrollment and location.

-- Posted by yah-yah on Fri, Dec 12, 2014, at 9:53 AM

Hmm. Figured Cape would be ahead of us due to enrollment and location. But I'm happy that were in class 5

-- Posted by SHS BUM 21 on Fri, Dec 12, 2014, at 10:04 AM

Not cape

-- Posted by SHS BUM 21 on Fri, Dec 12, 2014, at 10:31 AM
  • Big shakeup for Cooter. Heard they were two students over the class 1 limit. Tough break, but look for these group of guys to continue to compete even after moving to class 2. Cooter has a great group of guys that play the game of baseball the right way. I see them as the favorites to win their new district.

-- Posted by Powerhouse100 on Fri, Dec 12, 2014, at 12:11 PM
  • The real winner with these changes could be Bell City or Advance in Class 1.

-- Posted by Dustin Ward on Fri, Dec 12, 2014, at 4:20 PM
  • I'd say bernie and cooter are very evenly matched!

-- Posted by Eagle97 on Fri, Dec 12, 2014, at 8:19 PM
  • The cut was 132 we were at 132

-- Posted by CoachMathis44 on Fri, Dec 12, 2014, at 10:04 PM
  • What about Class 1 District 1, with Oran, bell city, Scc, and Advance. Anything about these teams or how each team will play this spring?

-- Posted by Baseballguy66 on Mon, Dec 15, 2014, at 6:16 PM
  • District 2 sorry

-- Posted by Baseballguy66 on Mon, Dec 15, 2014, at 6:17 PM

Respond to this thread

Posting a comment requires free registration: