Semoball

High School Baseball Forum: Predictions

Posted by Oldbaseball on Wed, May 18, 2011, at 8:57 PM:

Class 1 ,class 2 ,class 3

Class1 Winner of cooter and oran it will be close

Class 2 Valle all the way

Class 3 i like Kennett bats to take them far

Replies (53)

• I predict Valle doesnt win their next game.

-- Posted by NeverWasBeen on Wed, May 18, 2011, at 9:10 PM
  • Who won class 3 dist 2?

-- Posted by mule1993 on Wed, May 18, 2011, at 9:11 PM
  • Malden has to be the surprise team of the year. They have found a way to win a lot of games this year. Even the ones they were not supposed to.

-- Posted by mule1993 on Wed, May 18, 2011, at 9:14 PM
  • -Whoever wins out of Cooter and Oran will go to the final 4

-Valle will win it all

-I see Kennetts pitching taking them all the way

-- Posted by dont worry on Wed, May 18, 2011, at 9:14 PM
  • Cooter

routing for Malden

Kennett

Cape

-- Posted by mule1993 on Wed, May 18, 2011, at 9:15 PM
  • I don't see Cooter beating Oran honestly. Every team Oran has played from the south this year they have beat with ease. Now granted we didn't play Kennett. I personally think Cooter is highly overrated. All fingers point toward Oran winning this game. Better record, better state ranking, and not to mention some 10 run defeats of teams that Cooter has lost too. We'll see Monday....

-- Posted by Uncle Charlie on Thu, May 19, 2011, at 11:28 AM
  • I think Oran is the better "team" but playoffs is a 1 game series.. Cooter has Anderson. If he's on I'll take Cooter. Plus watkins in relief. They'll use both because they know Oak Ridge will have to use Thomas verse Naylor or Neelyville.

-- Posted by LeeSummitBooster on Thu, May 19, 2011, at 11:32 AM
  • I personally talked to Oak Ridge's coach. He said he's taking a gamble and going to save Thomas. Now if he does it or not, we'll just have to wait and find out. Cooter doesn't have the sticks they had last year. I'm confident Oran will get 4-5 runs at least off whoever throws. Oran has deeper pitching and also I feel a better one two punch then Cooter. Either way it'll be a fun ride to Cooter and a good experience for both teams.

-- Posted by Uncle Charlie on Thu, May 19, 2011, at 11:40 AM
  • Three innings Monday and seven on Wednesday???

-- Posted by Dustin Ward on Thu, May 19, 2011, at 11:50 AM
  • Cooter's 1-2 punch pitching wise is much better than Oran's. I've seen them all throw. But Cooters lineup isn't up to par as where Oran's is. Although, if and it's a BIG IF, Anderson is throwing strikes I think Oran scores 3 tops and I think cooter can play enough small ball and do some things to get 4 or 5 acrossed.

I would use Thomas on Monday verse whoever they play and just hope Cooter win's so you get to face their 2 for a few innings and then get to their number 3

-- Posted by LeeSummitBooster on Thu, May 19, 2011, at 11:57 AM
  • Who is getting the nod for Cooter and Oran

is anderson stuff still the same after his injury ? Is Watkins Strating?

What about Oran is Moore hurt? does Chasteen get the nod?

i dont think this will be a high scoring game

-- Posted by Oldbaseball on Thu, May 19, 2011, at 2:36 PM
  • If I was a betting man, I'd have to say Elfrink would get the nod but I've seen crazier things out of Coach Wood before. As far as Moore he is fine. He came in and shut the door on Bernie yesterday but I'd imagine Coach Wood would save him for the Quarterfinal game just in case Oran and Oak Ridge meet again and Oak Ridge has already seen Elfrink once.

-- Posted by Uncle Charlie on Thu, May 19, 2011, at 10:34 PM
  • With Cooter, the puzzle seemed to come together with anderson back in the line-up at short. The defense seems much sharper and it added more pop to the offense with his stick. Cooter sports a pretty good record without anderson but with him back, I look for the Oran game to be a really good one.

-- Posted by knockahoma29 on Fri, May 20, 2011, at 12:08 PM
  • Oak Ridge won't make it past Naylor if they don't pitch Thomas Monday. Naylor is playing HOT right now. They only lost by 1 to then-#2 ranked Dora.

-- Posted by ClearEyes1 on Fri, May 20, 2011, at 12:50 PM
  • If it's Thomas vs Woodard it should be a good matchup. If you look at their numbers they are 2 of the best in the state. What are the deminsions of the field at Oak Ridge?

-- Posted by truebaseballfan on Fri, May 20, 2011, at 4:33 PM
  • I've seen both Thomas and Woodard pitch, and i would rather have Woodard.. If this is the match up on Mon. it will be a great one. If Oak Ridge tries and save Thomas GAME OVER. Congrats to the Eagles and Coach Null.

-- Posted by wildcatdad on Fri, May 20, 2011, at 4:51 PM
  • I've never seen Woodard pitch but I'll take Thomas over any HS pitcher in this area - period.

-- Posted by deadred on Fri, May 20, 2011, at 7:56 PM
  • class 1

Cooter

Oak Ridge

class 2

Malden

Valle

class 3

Kennett

Lurtheran N.

class 4

Cape

Vianney

-- Posted by mule1993 on Fri, May 20, 2011, at 8:00 PM
  • I've seen Woodard. He's pretty good. I haven't seen Thomas but I have no doubt he's the real deal. Mizzou wouldn't have been after him if he wasn't.

-- Posted by truebaseballfan on Fri, May 20, 2011, at 8:14 PM
  • Oak Ridge is 305 down the lines and 345 to dead center. Don't forget, Brett still gets to hit even when he isn't pitching, and their number 2 is pretty good.

-- Posted by jswonger on Fri, May 20, 2011, at 8:23 PM
  • What game will be more exciting and closer Cooter and Oran or Oak Ridge and naylor?

-- Posted by Oldbaseball on Fri, May 20, 2011, at 8:29 PM
  • I'd go watch Cooter vs Oran if I had a choice.

-- Posted by deadred on Fri, May 20, 2011, at 8:30 PM
  • They should both be good games. I've seen Naylor a few times. I think they can hold their own. I hope we get to see Thomas and Woodard.

-- Posted by truebaseballfan on Fri, May 20, 2011, at 8:43 PM
  • Tanner Murphy is hitting 650

-- Posted by tonydoogs on Fri, May 20, 2011, at 10:09 PM
  • Tanner has I think 16 homeruns this year

-- Posted by tonydoogs on Fri, May 20, 2011, at 10:10 PM
  • Kennett v Herculaneum game set for 5 p.m. on Tuesday.

-- Posted by Tell 'em on Sat, May 21, 2011, at 6:28 PM
  • It will be interesting if Oak Ridge, Naylor, Malden and Charleston save its ace to improve its chances in the quarterfinal.

I have a confident prediction regarding which team will win every game with the exception of Malden-Charleston.

-- Posted by Dustin Ward on Sat, May 21, 2011, at 6:54 PM
  • It will be interesting if Oak Ridge, Naylor, Malden and Charleston save its ace to improve its chances in the quarterfinal.

I have a confident prediction regarding which team will win every game with the exception of Malden-Charleston.

-- Posted by Dustin Ward on Sat, May 21, 2011, at 6:54 PM
  • One more time...

-- Posted by Pete Sims on Sat, May 21, 2011, at 9:04 PM

So does Harold Camping.

-- Posted by Larry Doby on Sat, May 21, 2011, at 9:34 PM
  • Well spit it out Dustin, lets hear them.

-- Posted by luckyone4 on Sun, May 22, 2011, at 7:11 AM
  • Mac Baseball, Do you still put together a summer team with your cooter high school kids?

-- Posted by Coach Horrell on Sun, May 22, 2011, at 8:15 AM
  • charlie how can you say cooter is overrated when you had a tough district title game? i think cooter has better pitching then bernie for sure.

-- Posted by GSP on Sun, May 22, 2011, at 11:12 AM
  • Yes Cooter has better pitching than Bernie but it's nothing Oran hasn't saw this year. Oran got 13 runs off Bernie's pitching. I don't see Cooter hitting like Bernie did hence where I said they don't have the sticks they had last year. Cooter I feel plays a weaker schedule than a lot of teams north of them. For instance if they played in the conference Oran did, they wouldn't be a top three overall team I don't think.

-- Posted by Uncle Charlie on Sun, May 22, 2011, at 12:54 PM
  • who in orans conference is better than cooter?

-- Posted by GSP on Sun, May 22, 2011, at 2:52 PM
  • Oran plays strong non-conference schools.

-- Posted by semo7178 on Sun, May 22, 2011, at 3:37 PM
  • Cooter Youth Sports does sponsor a 13,14,and 15 yr. old summer team. The 15's double with the 16's and 17's that do not play legion or elite ball. Usually 30 games for each team.

-- Posted by mac baseball on Sun, May 22, 2011, at 5:19 PM
  • Coach, if you are interested in a game shoot me an email at amhorrell@hotmail.com. Thanks

-- Posted by Coach Horrell on Sun, May 22, 2011, at 5:57 PM
  • Is this Oran team the same one that Cooter beat last year or did they grad a lot?

I think Cooter only lost 2 big sticks in Boone and Childers Edwards was more of an arm i think

-- Posted by Oldbaseball on Sun, May 22, 2011, at 10:00 PM
  • I would have to say Charleston, Oran, Chaffee, and possibly Scott City all are overall better teams then Cooter. Oran has the same team as last year minus Oran's three and five hitters were injured last year. Cooter beat Oran by 2 or 3 last year with Oran's number 4 or 5 throwing.

-- Posted by Uncle Charlie on Sun, May 22, 2011, at 10:53 PM
  • If Kennett beats Herc which I expect them to do (yes I know anything can happen) they will have a a 15-8 Hancock team or a 16-10 Lutheran N team. While records alone do not mean everything, I believe that while these two teams probably played tough competition in the STL area, they are clearly very beatable with numerous losses on their records.

You don't want to count chickens before they're hatched, I know, but would you rather face a 16-10 team or a 24-2 team? As a general rule anyway.

-- Posted by GreatFun on Mon, May 23, 2011, at 9:05 AM
  • Lutheran North has some very good hitting stats, up against some very tough competition in the St. Louis area. And you can't forget Kennett is very fortunate to have advanced with a huge rally in their last at bat vs. Perryville. That being said, that can serve as a huge confidence builder for them if they get in a similar situation in the next few games.

-- Posted by semo7178 on Mon, May 23, 2011, at 9:19 AM
  • Uncle Charlie,

Will the Oran-Cooter game be on the radio, if so, what station?

-- Posted by luckyone4 on Mon, May 23, 2011, at 9:47 AM
  • Kennett has the tools to go all the way. If they win their two games this week they will get enough time between games to rest everybody and throw whoever they want.

-- Posted by BB-BORE on Mon, May 23, 2011, at 10:05 AM
  • Oldbaseball

This year's Oran team is healthier and more experienced.

-- Posted by Dustin Ward on Mon, May 23, 2011, at 10:45 AM
  • The game should be on AM 1520.

-- Posted by Uncle Charlie on Mon, May 23, 2011, at 11:33 AM
  • So sorry mule1993, your 0-1.

-- Posted by chsbbfan on Mon, May 23, 2011, at 9:09 PM
  • we are all one mulligan right?

-- Posted by mule1993 on Mon, May 23, 2011, at 9:37 PM
  • Any word on whether the Oran and Cooter game will continue in the 3rd inning or restart? I'd imagine they would just continue play.

-- Posted by Uncle Charlie on Tue, May 24, 2011, at 12:21 AM
  • Last year when Oak Ridge and Winona got stopped after a couple of innings they picked up where they left off, should be the same with Oran Cooter

-- Posted by jswonger on Tue, May 24, 2011, at 7:52 AM
  • Five and three was not to bad on picks. Class one was hard you have to give me that and i probably shouldn't have went against the kid from Charleston neither.

This week I take

Cape

Kennett

Charleston

Oran

can't tell I from southeast Mo.

-- Posted by mule1993 on Tue, May 24, 2011, at 9:01 PM
  • Are you talking about the quarterfinal games?

-- Posted by BB-BORE on Tue, May 24, 2011, at 9:09 PM

Southeast Missouri has some of the best baseball in the state. I'm really proud of all these teams and hope they represent us well.

-- Posted by Thats A Winner on Tue, May 24, 2011, at 9:17 PM

Respond to this thread

Posting a comment requires free registration: