Semoball

High School Baseball Forum: SEMO Conference Tournament

Posted by SEMObaseball on Fri, Apr 15, 2011, at 10:28 AM:

Tournament is in a week and a half and it's supposed to rain every day next week. Here's what it looks like if no one played next week. Comments and thoughts are appreciated.

1 Notre Dame 8-1 (4-1)

Key wins : Kennett, Sikeston Key loss: Jackson

2 Kennett 9-1 (5-1) Key wins: Sikeston, Jackson, Cape

Key loss : Notre Dame

3 Sikeston 5-2 (2-2) Key wins: Jackson Key loss: Kennett, ND

4 Jackson 6-3 (3-2) Key wins : ND, Cape Key loss: Kennett, Sikeston

5 Cape Central 4-4 (1-2) Key wins: non conf(Francis Howell #1 4A)

6 Dexter 6-3 (1-2)

7 New Madrid 2-5 ( 1-2)

8 Poplur Bluff 2-5 (0-4), 4 losses are the top 4 teams I believe.

9 Kelly 1-5 (0-2)

Replies (11)

• Sikeston is 6-2.

-- Posted by Harp98 on Fri, Apr 15, 2011, at 10:31 AM
  • Kelly 3-5 (0-2)

-- Posted by Play With Heart on Fri, Apr 15, 2011, at 11:17 AM
  • Bluff lost to ND in 10 inn. There bullpen blew that game for them , heard their starter was throwing heat.

Lost to Sikeston on a walk off homer , 6 errors in that game

Kennett killed them

And played bad against cape

-- Posted by highheat on Fri, Apr 15, 2011, at 11:57 AM
  • Very tough conference this year. Should be some great games.

-- Posted by <8910> on Fri, Apr 15, 2011, at 1:09 PM
  • also sikeston is 3-2 against these teams

-- Posted by Harp98 on Fri, Apr 15, 2011, at 1:30 PM
  • Cape hit bluffs ace hard and bluff hit ours hard, we even gave up more free bases. We just made the best of our opportunities. You guys would start and inning with a double or two runners but never get them around.

-- Posted by BB-BORE on Fri, Apr 15, 2011, at 8:21 PM
  • Yes chsballer your correct, im just a fan of the game and a fan of talent and Ive watched both of them pitch in the summer and they are really good and have tons of talent , they both just had off games I'm guessing just early season miss-haps I can't wait to watch both of them pitch in districts hopefully they will be at their best. Both pitchers velocity was just not there that day.. Ive seen Scott hit 86 and west hit 88 and neither of them were there at that speed that game. But they both had solid games as of late , Scott against francis Howell fanning i think 7?and west against ND fanning 8, the difference is the level of defense behind each pitcher.. Thats why bluff blew the game after west came out .. To many balls hit consistently unlike when he pitched when he was striking out 1 out of 2 batters it put bluffs defense at ease and when they brought in a reliever they weren't ready to make a play every batter ...cape has a pretty sound defense .. Bluff not so much

-- Posted by highheat on Fri, Apr 15, 2011, at 9:15 PM
  • Highheat im assuming that was your only cape game you've been to this year. Our outfield is superb, with the speed and arms out there I would put those three against any in the area. Our infield is a whole different story...

-- Posted by BB-BORE on Fri, Apr 15, 2011, at 10:08 PM
  • Really? When I saw capes infield they looked pretty sharp

-- Posted by highheat on Fri, Apr 15, 2011, at 10:25 PM
  • I do not have a dog in this fight, but watch out for Kennett. Jackson has a great team, Notre Dame has a good team. I really like Kennett, and they are a 3A team. Not an area hand picked 3A team either!

-- Posted by baller83 on Fri, Apr 15, 2011, at 10:52 PM
  • Wahh *teardrop*

-- Posted by BG10 on Fri, Apr 15, 2011, at 11:27 PM

Respond to this thread

Posting a comment requires free registration: