Semoball

High School Baseball Forum: 2011 Coaches vs. Cancer Shoot-Out at Charleston

Posted by minn13 on Sun, Jan 23, 2011, at 8:22 PM:

Saturday the Charleston girls basketball team will be hosting their 2011 Coaches vs. Cancer Shoot-Out.

Games will start at 11 am with Sikeston vs. Chaffee. The following games will be Delta vs. Portageville, South Pemiscot vs. Woodland, NMCC vs. Caruthersville, East Prairie vs. Greenville, and Charleston vs. Twin Rivers.

Proceeds for the day will be donated to the American Cancer Society in memory of Eva Henshaw and in honor of Robin Garner.

Hope to see you at Charleston on Saturday. I will be in the stands supporting local girl's basketball, and maybe hollering at an offical or two.

Replies (3)

This sounds like a really good event! I haven't ever really heard much about this event. And as a cancer survivor, I would urge everyone to attend and help the great American cancer society! I will be in attendance also.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Sun, Jan 23, 2011, at 9:24 PM
  • We started it last season when I was the head coach. It is a good event. There will be great food in the concession stand. Last year we had snow on the original date and the second weekend was a little harder to get people there. Hopefully, this year there will be good weather. See you there.

-- Posted by minn13 on Mon, Jan 24, 2011, at 8:24 AM

This was a great event! I enjoyed it.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Sat, Jan 29, 2011, at 11:57 PM

Respond to this thread

Posting a comment requires free registration: