Semoball

High School Baseball Forum: Midwest Plains Regional & American Legion Zone 4 Tournament

Posted by Dustin Ward on Tue, Jul 20, 2010, at 2:02 AM:

Playoff baseball continues this weekend.

The Charleston Fighting Squirrels and the Jackson Senior Babe Ruth will participate in the Midwest Plains Regional in Wellington, Kan.

Cape Girardeau Post 63 and Dunklin County Post 303 will participate in the Zone 4 American Legion Tournament at Capaha Field in Cape Girardeau, Mo.

Any thoughts on how the local teams will perform? Does anyone plan on attending the tournaments this weekend?

Replies (3)

• Dustin,

Have you seen a bracket for the Zone 4 American Legion Tournament to be played this week in Cape at Capaha Field?

I would love for you to post it, if so.

-- Posted by sportsfann on Tue, Jul 20, 2010, at 5:12 PM
  • Sportsfann,

We have not received the bracket yet. I'll post it as soon as we do. I was told we'd get it today or tomorrow.

The zone tournament should be fantastic if the district tournament was any sort of preview.

-- Posted by Rachel Crader on Tue, Jul 20, 2010, at 6:47 PM
  • You would have to imagine that both Cape and Dunklin have legitimate chances in the Zone tourney. They are just super solid teams. I was really impressed with Dunklin in the championship game the other night and how they crush the ball. Cape scatters it all over the field as well. Dunklin has some really big boys. They are both fine, well put together teams, no doubt. Essentially they are two all star teams with tons of college bound kids.

-- Posted by GreatFun on Wed, Jul 21, 2010, at 9:05 AM

Respond to this thread

Posting a comment requires free registration: