Semoball

High School Baseball Forum: Week of Mar. 22 Baseball Scores

Posted by drawmules on Mon, Mar 22, 2010, at 4:45 PM:

It's finally time for my favorite sport. Baseball!!!

I know this may shock some readers but high school basketball is actually only my third favorite sport to watch. In my opinion, high school volleyball and baseball are more exciting and less stressful. But I'm not attending 147 baseball games this spring. I don't have the time or the strength.

I am trying to learn more about the Class 3 and Class 4 baseball teams in Southeast Missouri. I would love for someone with knowledge of the Class 3 and Class 4 teams to rank the teams in Southeast Missouri. This would make it much easier for me to select which game I want to attend each day this spring.

This week I plan on attending the Notre Dame / Sikeston game Tuesday, the Dexter / Kennett game Wednesday, the Oak Ridge / Greenville game Thursday, and the Twin Rivers / Malden game Friday.

Live updates will be provided on this thread throughout the week. I would love to hear live updates from other games.

This would also be a great location to post weather related changes.

I've never been to Oak Ridge. I've always wanted to drive to Oak Ridge, however. I will visit Oak Ridge for the first time this Thursday. Are than any good restaurants in Oak Ridge?

Replies (54)

• Are you going to be ranking semo baseball teams too???!!! I hope so

-- Posted by semo-dude on Mon, Mar 22, 2010, at 5:12 PM
  • semo-dude

I would love to rank the baseball teams. But I don't know enough about the large schools to rank them. I could probably rank the Class 1 schools accurately. I would be willing to take a shot at the Class 2 schools. However, I do not know enough about the Class 3 and Class 4 schools to rank them accurately. I would love for someone that follows all of the larger schools to rank them. But I don't think I'm the guy for this job. I know Notre Dame has a good team. I have know idea how the other schools in the SEMO Conference should be ranked.

-- Posted by drawmules on Mon, Mar 22, 2010, at 5:24 PM
  • Drawmules

Glad to here from you after the Bernie Game. Pretty intense.Pulling for them all the way. As far as restaurants in Oak Ridge The only one is called the Market.BBQ sandwiches pretty good.Hambugers & pizza.If you drive up one exit from Oak Ridge on 55 there is a restaurant called terry's pretty good food.

-- Posted by oak ridge fan on Mon, Mar 22, 2010, at 6:26 PM
  • you should think about going to the Cape/Jackson game out at jacksons new field on friday

-- Posted by dukefan30 on Mon, Mar 22, 2010, at 9:20 PM
  • dukefan30

I wanted to attend the Cape Central / Jackson game on Friday. I saw it on the schedule. However, I live in Bernie. I do not have class at Cape Girardeau on Friday. It is a much shorter and cheaper drive to Malden on Friday. I plan on catching a Cape Central game this spring. But it will probably be on a Tuesday or a Thursday when I have class at Cape Girardeau.

-- Posted by drawmules on Mon, Mar 22, 2010, at 10:58 PM
  • Sikeston leads Notre Dame 2-0 in the bottom of the second.

-- Posted by drawmules on Tue, Mar 23, 2010, at 4:33 PM
  • #3 just hit a homerun forNotre Dame

Followed by another homerun.

I couldn't see the uniform number and I don't know the players by name.

Notre Dame leads Sikeston 5-2 in the bottom of the third. Still batting.

-- Posted by drawmules on Tue, Mar 23, 2010, at 5:02 PM
  • Notre Dame has added three runs in the bottom of the fourth. 8-2 Notre Dame leads Sikeston.

-- Posted by drawmules on Tue, Mar 23, 2010, at 5:32 PM
  • Notre Dame leads 10-2 in the bottom of the fifth. I'm headed home.

-- Posted by drawmules on Tue, Mar 23, 2010, at 5:45 PM
  • A 3 run HR added by the Freshman Tyler Anderson for Sikeston made it 10-5. It's over and ND won it 10-5.

-- Posted by mandm96 on Tue, Mar 23, 2010, at 6:17 PM
  • Thanks mandm96.

-- Posted by drawmules on Tue, Mar 23, 2010, at 6:59 PM
  • I hate to do this considering the Kennett people are extremely nice to me every time I visit their town but I have to change which game I plan on attending on Wednesday. I have to go to Cape Girardeau to listen to best selling author Lyah Beth LeFlore speak at noon Wednesday because I need bonus points in my Editing and Publication class. I have an 86% in the class. I am at risk of getting my first B in four years at Southeast. Therefore, I will attend the Cape Central / Chaffee game on Wednesday instead of the Kennett / Dexter game. Sorry Kennett fans but I need the bonus points.

-- Posted by drawmules on Wed, Mar 24, 2010, at 12:44 AM
  • I'll be in Chaffee at the baseball game soon enough. But right now I'm enjoying the peaceful atmosphere at the pond in Capaha Park. There might not be a better place in Cape Girardeau, Mo. to take your laptop and work on a feature article. The walkers are walking, the fishermen are fishing and the swans are swimming at Capaha Park on this remarkably pleasant March afternoon. Speaking of swans . . . Does anyone ever wish they were a swan? I'm not complaining about being a human but swans have incredible lives. They get to go swimming and eat food all day. If they don't like their swimming pool they always have the option to fly far far away. Just about everybody loves swans. Even I love swans.

I guess I should be on my way to the game at Chaffee now. The first pitch is less than 30 minutes away.

-- Posted by drawmules on Wed, Mar 24, 2010, at 3:38 PM
  • I'm in Chaffee. There are no baseball players, balls, bats or umpires at the baseball field. I'm guessing the game was cancelled or moved to Cape Central's field. I'm going home now. I have know idea where Cape Central's baseball field is located.

-- Posted by drawmules on Wed, Mar 24, 2010, at 4:25 PM

Sikeston 13, Kelly 0

JV: Sikeston won 10-0

-- Posted by yah-yah on Wed, Mar 24, 2010, at 8:37 PM
  • Charleston 12

Portageville 11

-- Posted by minn13 on Thu, Mar 25, 2010, at 8:26 AM
  • Read the article about the Kennett / Dexter game just posted on semoball. It sounds like it was a really exciting game. I believe Kennett won by 1.

-- Posted by drawmules on Thu, Mar 25, 2010, at 9:29 AM
  • What are the chances Malden will play Twin Rivers on Friday if it stops raining tonight. I know Malden has a special type of dirt on their field that absorbs water very quickly. It is probably one of the nicest fields in Southeast Missouri. I'm curious if it will be dry enough for a baseball game on Friday. Any thoughts?

-- Posted by drawmules on Thu, Mar 25, 2010, at 11:49 AM
  • If anyone knows of any other games that may be played on Friday please post the information.

-- Posted by drawmules on Thu, Mar 25, 2010, at 12:00 PM
  • Chaffee will play Charleston.

-- Posted by minn13 on Thu, Mar 25, 2010, at 12:29 PM
  • minn13

This is a game on Friday??? Is it at Charleston or Chaffee. Last summer I went to a regional baseball tournament at Charleston. It featured very talented players from across the Midwest. Does Charleston use the same field for high school games?

-- Posted by drawmules on Thu, Mar 25, 2010, at 4:05 PM

Malden and Twin Rivers is a go for today

-- Posted by 6+4+3=2 on Fri, Mar 26, 2010, at 8:36 AM
  • The game is scheduled to be at Chaffee at 4pm. If it is too wet there, we have our tarp on and will play here at 5pm. We play at the same place...Hillhouse Park.

-- Posted by minn13 on Fri, Mar 26, 2010, at 8:58 AM
  • Chaffee at Charleston, 5pm. Hillhouse Park.

-- Posted by minn13 on Fri, Mar 26, 2010, at 12:19 PM
  • drawmules,

I know you comment a lot about the food at various venues. I don't know if you've ever seen a Sikeston baseball game at the VFW field, but they used to cook pork steaks and serve pork steak sandwiches. They were really good. Don't know if they still do, or if that was just an "occasional" deal, but I have fond memories of a little dead pig sandwich going quite nicely with an afternoon of baseball.

-- Posted by Cully Bryant on Fri, Mar 26, 2010, at 12:42 PM
  • football monkey

I don't know if they do this or not but it would definitley be an incentive to attend a Sikeston game.

minn13

I am going to stick with my original plan to attend the Malden / Twin Rivers game today. The Malden field is five miles from my house. If I go to Charleston today I won't get home in time to watch the NCAA basketball games.

-- Posted by drawmules on Fri, Mar 26, 2010, at 1:55 PM
  • Malden has the bases loaded in the bottom of the first against Twin Rivers with two outs. No score.

-- Posted by drawmules on Fri, Mar 26, 2010, at 4:30 PM
  • No score after one. Stockton in on the mound for Twin Rivers. I know this because his name is printed on his uniform. #23 is on the mound for Malden. He is a lefty. No names are on any of the Malden players uniforms.

-- Posted by drawmules on Fri, Mar 26, 2010, at 4:35 PM
  • Malden just threw a runner out at the plate to end Twin River's half of the second. Bottom of the second. Still no score.

-- Posted by drawmules on Fri, Mar 26, 2010, at 4:39 PM
  • Stockton strikes out the side in the bottom of the second. Top of the third. Still no score.

-- Posted by drawmules on Fri, Mar 26, 2010, at 4:44 PM
  • #23 for Malden picks up two strikeouts in the top of the third. Heading to the bottom of the third there is still no score.

-- Posted by drawmules on Fri, Mar 26, 2010, at 4:51 PM
  • #22 gets an RBI double for Malden with one out in the bottom of the third. 1-0 Malden. Runners at second and third. One out.

-- Posted by drawmules on Fri, Mar 26, 2010, at 4:59 PM
  • #21 hits a ground ball back to a Twin River's infielder. The throw home is not in time. 2-0 Malden.

-- Posted by drawmules on Fri, Mar 26, 2010, at 5:00 PM
  • #32 hits a ground ball up the middle for Malden. Two more runs are in. 4-0 Malden.

-- Posted by drawmules on Fri, Mar 26, 2010, at 5:02 PM
  • After three Malden leads Twin Rivers 4-0.

-- Posted by drawmules on Fri, Mar 26, 2010, at 5:07 PM
  • Twin Rivers has the bases loaded with two outs in the fourth.

-- Posted by drawmules on Fri, Mar 26, 2010, at 5:16 PM
  • They stand the bases loaded. Still 4-0 Malden heading to the bottom of the fourth.

-- Posted by drawmules on Fri, Mar 26, 2010, at 5:18 PM
  • #10 is now on the mound for Twin Rivers. I cannot read what the name on his uniform says. I'm too far away.

-- Posted by drawmules on Fri, Mar 26, 2010, at 5:19 PM
  • A sacrifice fly for #15 for Malden in the bottom of the fourth. 5-0 Malden. Two outs.

-- Posted by drawmules on Fri, Mar 26, 2010, at 5:24 PM
  • After four it is 5-0 Malden.

-- Posted by drawmules on Fri, Mar 26, 2010, at 5:32 PM
  • Malden turns a remarkable double play to end Twin River's half of the fifth. Bottom of the fifth 5-0 Malden.

-- Posted by drawmules on Fri, Mar 26, 2010, at 5:38 PM
  • thanks for the updates drawmule

-- Posted by Kidrayray on Fri, Mar 26, 2010, at 5:42 PM
  • #3 gets an RBI double for Malden in the fifth. Bases loaded. One out. 6-0 Malden.

-- Posted by drawmules on Fri, Mar 26, 2010, at 5:49 PM
  • #15 for Malden hits a ball over the left fielder's head. Two runs are in. 8-0 Malden.

-- Posted by drawmules on Fri, Mar 26, 2010, at 5:51 PM
  • At the end of the fifth Malden leads Twin Rivers 8-0.

-- Posted by drawmules on Fri, Mar 26, 2010, at 5:55 PM
  • #11 drives in a run for Twin Rivers in the top of the sixth. Bases loaded nobody out. 8-1 Malden.

-- Posted by drawmules on Fri, Mar 26, 2010, at 6:09 PM
  • #22 is hit by a pitch with bases loaded. 8-2. Still nobody out bases loaded.

#15 takes the mound for Malden.

-- Posted by drawmules on Fri, Mar 26, 2010, at 6:12 PM
  • One more run scored on a wild pitch. But the inning is over. 8-3 Malden leads Twin Rivers heading to the bottom of the sixth.

-- Posted by drawmules on Fri, Mar 26, 2010, at 6:17 PM
  • I'm not typically one to complain about things or be sarcastic but I'm cold.

It's still 8-3 Malden heading to the final inning.

-- Posted by drawmules on Fri, Mar 26, 2010, at 6:25 PM
  • A leadoff walk for Twin Rivers. They need three more baserunners to have a chance.

-- Posted by drawmules on Fri, Mar 26, 2010, at 6:28 PM
  • Another baserunner draws a walk. Two on nobody out.

-- Posted by drawmules on Fri, Mar 26, 2010, at 6:30 PM
  • A strikeout. One out. Runners at second and third 8-3.

A groundouts. Two outs 8-3.

-- Posted by drawmules on Fri, Mar 26, 2010, at 6:33 PM
  • Twin Rivers draws a walk. Bases loaded. Two outs. 8-3 Malden.

-- Posted by drawmules on Fri, Mar 26, 2010, at 6:34 PM
  • A groundouts to the SS to end the game. Malden defeats Twin Rivers 8-3.

-- Posted by drawmules on Fri, Mar 26, 2010, at 6:35 PM

Respond to this thread

Posting a comment requires free registration: