Semoball

High School Baseball Forum: Oak Ridge Tournament Scores?

Posted by Athlete on Thu, Apr 6, 2017, at 9:50 PM:

Anyone got any

Replies (9)

• Saxony 12 Chaffee 7

Chaffee 6 Advance 4

Leopold over Woodland

-- Posted by Coach Horrell on Thu, Apr 6, 2017, at 10:03 PM
  • Nevermind just saw they posted some

Leopold 8, Woodland 5 (6 inn.)

Saxony Lutheran 12, Chaffee 7 (Final)

Chaffee 6, Advance 4 (Final)

Good win for Saxony, thought Chaffee would roll through this, definitely see some pitching regultion issues in these scores.

Woodland may need to just shut down the boys athletic program. Lose to Zalma in basketball, lose to Leopold in baseball. Whats next? losing to Delta next year in basketball?

-- Posted by Athlete on Thu, Apr 6, 2017, at 10:06 PM
  • Fired Stoneking?

-- Posted by gostlrams on Fri, Apr 7, 2017, at 10:38 AM
  • Yep I agree too. You never know how a coach is in the classroom, but I can't imagine him not being a good teacher. If this is a basketball decision, then whoever is behind it should be called out. They had a young coach with enthusiasm, did a good job, and not making a ton of money in a small district that isn't going to have the doors knocked down with quality applicants. And just turned a young man's life with a family into turmoil. If this is because some little Johnny with a dad on the school board didn't think he was treated fairly, then shame on them and shame on Oak Ridge for allowing it to happen. Good luck Coach Stoneking. Good people find good jobs.

-- Posted by Bogey Man on Fri, Apr 7, 2017, at 11:37 AM
  • I had not heard this news yet. I don't know him personally but saw Oak Ridge play at the SEMO Christmas Tournament and he seemed to be a hard working, enthusiastic, and selfless guy that Bogey Man described as well. Hope the best for him and his family. Could be a blessing in disguise.

-- Posted by PimpDaddyTaddy on Fri, Apr 7, 2017, at 11:43 AM
  • Zalma 10 Woodland 4

Congrats to Zalma for picking up their first win of the year.

-- Posted by Athlete on Fri, Apr 7, 2017, at 7:34 PM
  • Advance 14-4 over Zalma

Chaffee 22-1 over Oak Ridge

-- Posted by Coach Horrell on Sat, Apr 8, 2017, at 2:06 PM
  • Saxony 14-2 over Leopold (5innings) in Championship game.

-- Posted by Deuce43 on Sat, Apr 8, 2017, at 4:57 PM
  • Haven't heard if this is true or not regarding Stoneking. Kids went to high school with Adam. Said he's a good guy. Sounds like typical small-town politics though if it is true. Wish him and his family all the best.

-- Posted by The Legend on Mon, Apr 10, 2017, at 3:06 AM

Respond to this thread

Posting a comment requires free registration: