Semoball

Other College Sports Discussion: College Basketball Recruiting/Grab Bag No. 3

Posted by BuckMajor on Fri, Jul 31, 2015, at 11:00 AM:

The last one reached 400 posts, so I'm creating a new one. Here are the last few posts:

Mizzou has offered Gorjok Gak and Romello White today.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Mon, Jul 27, 2015, at 4:30 PM

Gorjok Gak? Which Dr Seuss book was he in?

-- Posted by cirithungol17 on Mon, Jul 27, 2015, at 6:36 PM

It was either the "The Lorax" or "Thidwick the Big-Hearted Moose", I don't remember which one.

3 star 6'11 big man. A little skinny with good rebounding a defense skills. Raw offensively. Mizzou one of the first bigger schools to offer, so they might have a shot getting in early.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Mon, Jul 27, 2015, at 9:27 PM

I knew i'd heard that name somewhere Buck!! Its from One Fish Two Fish Red Fish Blue Fish!! And I quote:

" At our house, we play out back.

We play a game called Ring the Gak."

Well played Mizzou-RAH!!!!

-- Posted by cirithungol17 on Tue, Jul 28, 2015, at 12:08 AM

Haha too funny that that's actually in there!

Mizzou offered 2016 Connors State College forward Arlando Cook.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Tue, Jul 28, 2015, at 2:59 PM

A lot of buzz about how Harry Giles may not seem as much of a lock for Duke as he once did. I don't know if that is stemming from him moving out of North Carolina to play his senior season or what, but Kentucky still remains a contender.

Arkansas is also falling apart before our eyes. I'd say Anderson doesn't have long left there. Best player goes to the draft, second best player who was going to be best player this year gets bad advice and declares for draft and now has blown out his knee. Next best player and best incoming recruit Kapita (who Mizzou got after hard) doesn't qualify academically and is headed to prep school likely to never touch their campus. And their next 3 best returning players and hooked up in some illegal currency ring likely to be off the team. So Ark getting Malik Monk doesn't seem likely, might be good for UK who many believe makes up the other half of his top 2.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Thu, Jul 30, 2015, at 2:38 PM

Poor poor Mike. Hard for us Zou fans to feel any sympathy for our last two knucklehead coaches who flew the coop like two dudes committing grand theft auto. What goes around, comes around. Haith'll be gone before long, now that he has to rely on his own recruits and, GASP, his own coaching skills.

-- Posted by cirithungol17 on Thu, Jul 30, 2015, at 3:18 PM

Replies (401)

Mizzou is again dipping into the 2018 pool, this time with Drue Drinnon from Georgia.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Fri, Jul 31, 2015, at 11:01 AM

Mizzou has offered 2017 G from Nevada Charles O'Bannon Jr.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Fri, Jul 31, 2015, at 6:42 PM

UCLA got a commitment from a 13 year old today.....

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Fri, Jul 31, 2015, at 8:47 PM

Well here is a big surprise, Australian 7 foot big man Isaac Humpries is officially visiting Kentucky right now and scrimmaging with the team. He is 2016 but hearing buzz he could reclassify and join cats in the fall. It's been rumored for a while that UK could add this mystery big man, guess now we know who it is. He would add some great depth, and help our skinny front court at 260 pounds.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Fri, Jul 31, 2015, at 9:53 PM

2016 F Willie Jackson will be taking an official visit to Mizzou in September.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Mon, Aug 3, 2015, at 4:56 PM

Mizzou offered JC guard Ar'mond Davis

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Tue, Aug 4, 2015, at 2:26 PM
  • Either of these guys any good Buck

-- Posted by heshootshescores on Wed, Aug 5, 2015, at 9:22 AM
  • I would say at this point we arent gonna attract many bluechippers. We gonna hafta build with 3star folks til we actually crack the .500 mark which may not happen for 2-3 yrs. Just hope hometowners like Porter are willing to try to succeed at Zou somehow.

-- Posted by cirithungol17 on Wed, Aug 5, 2015, at 9:44 AM
  • Can u believe that we'd ever say we're the worst team in SEC hoops by the length of ten hoops courts?

Sigh.........

-- Posted by cirithungol17 on Wed, Aug 5, 2015, at 9:46 AM

I definitely think Jackson is the better of the two, so that's a least a positive sign that they are getting him on campus. He's a 3 star forward, a bit undersized, but would probably fit in good with Mizzou's system. Davis is a junior college guard, big guard, but doesn't shoot it all that great. And he doesn't rack up many assists. He just has going for him that he is a 6'6 guard, and the SEC has some big guards now. I'd take Jackson first though. Some see him as a Wisconsin lean, we shall see.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Wed, Aug 5, 2015, at 9:49 AM

Yeah that is kind of surprising Ciri. And Porter already has a lot of Duke talk, and has mentioned them a few times. So..... That's not looking too good. Like you said, 3 stars like Jackson is probably the way to go for now.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Wed, Aug 5, 2015, at 9:52 AM

Mizzou might also want to look internationally. They ever have many international guys on the roster?

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Wed, Aug 5, 2015, at 9:53 AM
  • thanks

-- Posted by heshootshescores on Wed, Aug 5, 2015, at 12:09 PM
  • I think Linas Kleiza was an international dude. He actually did a decent job off the bench as a Nugget for a while. By the way, DeMarre Carroll us now a rich Zou alum, he is gettn by just fine!

-- Posted by cirithungol17 on Wed, Aug 5, 2015, at 3:48 PM

Michael Porter Jr. has cut his list to 10 schools:

Duke

Mizzou

Washington

Stanford

Kentucky

UCLA

Syracuse

Indiana

Kansas

Virginia

Threw a few west coast schools in there. Washington could be a sleeper since his brother just committed there. They love the mountains and outdoors.

He is taking an official visit to Virginia as I type I believe, and is expected to stop by UK for an unofficial on his way back to Missouri.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Thu, Aug 6, 2015, at 11:43 AM

6'9 forward Jake Scoggins will take an official visit to Mizzou in a couple of weeks.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Mon, Aug 10, 2015, at 9:28 AM

Being a big long time shoe collector myself, high school shoe brand politics is something that really interests me. Here are two great articles about some Nike/Under Armour happenings this summer. Some of which features Missouri's own Jayson Tatum. Read the CBS article first:

http://mweb.cbssports.com/ncaab/eye-on-college-basketball/25261949/the-nike-unde...

http://zagsblog.com/articles/as-summer-winds-down-grassroots-sneaker-wars-are-he...

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Mon, Aug 10, 2015, at 2:20 PM

Hey hey Kentucky just picked up a commitment from Sacha Killeya-Jones a 5 star #18 in the nation player in the 2016 class. I kind of thought he was a UK lean, but no idea it would be this soon. He's a long 6'10 F with a great offensive game. Really good pick up.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Wed, Aug 19, 2015, at 8:48 AM
  • And most importantly, a hyphen-boy

-- Posted by cirithungol17 on Wed, Aug 19, 2015, at 9:49 AM
  • Cal Buck-Major

-- Posted by cirithungol17 on Wed, Aug 19, 2015, at 9:50 AM

Haha I was actually going to put something about that lol!! Should have know we would get him since he was a hyphen guy lol.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Wed, Aug 19, 2015, at 10:33 AM

Kentucky just picked up a commitment from Australian 4 star 7footer Isaac Humphries you I mentioned a couple of weeks ago. He will be reclassifying to 2015, joining this years team, and will be moving to Lexington Saturday. That will give us the missing frontcourt depth that we were needing. He won't we a one and done guy either, setting up great front court depth for 2016-17 with him, SKJ, and New Zealand's Tai Wynyard.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Thu, Aug 20, 2015, at 10:26 AM

Additionally he doesn't even turn 18 until January, so he can't be a one-and-done guy. Would have to wait to declare for the 2017 Draft.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Thu, Aug 20, 2015, at 10:32 AM

Former Mizzou player Montaque Gill-Caesar has committed to San Diego State.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Thu, Aug 27, 2015, at 8:57 PM

Mizzou offered 2017 SG Mitchell Ballock

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Sun, Aug 30, 2015, at 8:46 PM
  • keep the good news coming on UK Buck!!!

-- Posted by IndianPride on Wed, Sep 2, 2015, at 10:39 AM

Well 5 star center Marques Bolden is visiting Kentucky today. And Miles Bridges, Malik Monk (yesterday), and No. 1 PG De'Aaron Fox (today) have all confirmed that they will take their officials to Big Blue Madness. I always like when people take officials for BBM. Not many go to that and end up not committing, it's pretty effective. Some coaches (coughcough Bill Self coughcough) have even tried to steer recruits away from BBM and try to get them to visit their school on that date.

5 star PG Kobi Simmons visited last weekend. Will visit UNLV and Ohio St (and one other school but I can't remember who it is, he's down to 4) and on Sep. 19th he will announce. UK leads his crystal ball. Is consider OSU his second place, a strong second place.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Wed, Sep 2, 2015, at 2:13 PM

How could I forget, No. 1 in nation Harry Giles is confirmed for BBM too. As well as recent UK commit SKJ.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Wed, Sep 2, 2015, at 2:57 PM
  • Get them to BBM and lock them in!

Will it be telivised this year Buck?

-- Posted by IndianPride on Wed, Sep 2, 2015, at 10:35 PM

Amen!

Well with the SEC Network up and running, and ESPNU going a good job, I'd have to think one of the two might. I believe it was televised last year, but I don't remember who had the coverage.

To be honest, I'd love to go and see it in person. But to my understanding people camp out more days ahead of time just to get ticket for this event than even an actual game. So I doubt I'd even be able to get a ticket, or it would cost me an arm and a leg on some secondary ticket website.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Thu, Sep 3, 2015, at 11:36 AM
  • My niece is a freshman at UK

-- Posted by cirithungol17 on Thu, Sep 3, 2015, at 11:20 PM
  • I'll tell her ur a major force in nationwide BigBlueBloggin

-- Posted by cirithungol17 on Thu, Sep 3, 2015, at 11:22 PM

Oh that's awesome. Yes let her know haha!

-- Cal-BuckMajor lol

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Fri, Sep 4, 2015, at 9:48 AM

Ted Kapita, who I thought for a while was headed to Mizzou (Huntington Prep guy), but ended up signing with Arkansas but didn't qualify. He has signed with that semipro Las Vegas Dealers team that I mentioned a couple months ago. That's the first player that I have heard about signing with them.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Mon, Sep 7, 2015, at 1:33 PM
  • Interesting. Gonna be kinda hard to have a team with one player.

When is their schedule supposed to start?

-- Posted by IndianPride on Mon, Sep 7, 2015, at 7:56 PM

Yeah it's an interesting situation. I need to look and see if I can find who else will be playing on this team. I'm sure they have more than him, and I probably just missed other signings. I have no idea on the schedule, but I'll see if I can find out.

Well Rawle Alkins, the No. 9 player in the 2016 class has finally decided on a new high school after the state of New York wouldn't let him play a "5th year". He has chosen Word of God Academy in North Carolina. WGA is the school of former UK star, and my favorite Kentucky player, John Wall. Hopefully this is a good sign for UK.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Tue, Sep 8, 2015, at 3:53 PM

Fall recruiting period starts today (school visits, home visits, calls, evaluations). Coach Cal will have in home visits today with No. 5 in the nation, and one of my personnel favorites, SG Malik Monk. Then Coach Cal will have an in home visit with another one of my favorites, Miles Bridges. It's kind of funny because last week Miles Bridges put a picture of the two of them (Him and Monk) with the caption "package deal?". Hinting that that could be a possibility. Monk responded back with emojies (if you are familiar with those), indicating that the two had probably spoken about this topic. UK is the only school seriously recruiting both guys. Got to think Cal knows that, and that is part of the reason both are getting first day visits back to back. Many believe both are two horse races, UK and Ark for Monk, the home state school. And UK and Mich St. for Bridges. While Bridges plays in West Virginia, he is also from Michigan, and doesn't live to far from Mich St. campus I believe. I have not seen Monk in person, I plan to this year. But I have seen Bridges, and he is one of the most fun to watch players I have ever seen. Both are scheduled for officials to BBM. UK leads Bridges crystal ball, Ark leads Monk's.

Tomorrow Cal will meet with 5 star forward Wenyen Gabriel, who yesterday said UK is recruiting him harder than anyone. Gabriel is down to UK, Duke, UCONN, Maryland, and Providence. Duke leads his crystal ball.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Wed, Sep 9, 2015, at 11:09 AM

Bare with me guys, gonna try and clear out some of my recruiting stuff from the past week.

First a shout out to SEMO for a great last second signature win. And to my Kentucky Wildcats for snapping the second longest conference road losing streak in the country with a great win over South Carolina.

First and foremost the expected Duke big 3 of Jayson Tatum, Harry Giles, and Dennis Smith Jr. was messed up last week when No. 4 in the nation Dennis Smith Jr. commited to NC State. Now NC State will go all out on 5 star Bam Adebayo, who loves playing with DSJ. I think they will get him, and NC State will be a surprising force next year. This could also put UK in a better position for Harry Giles.

So now from the top 6 players that are committed form the top 100, 4 of them are going to NC State, Florida St., Alabama, and Washington. Okay.....

Now for Mizzou stuff:

Mizzou offered Bam Adebayo that was mentioned earlier. Sorry, but I don't think Mizzou has a shot. I think he's headed to NC State.

Mizzou offered 2016 AR F Mitchell Smith.

Mizzou watched Michael Porter, Trae Young, V.J. Bailey, Ikey Obiagu, Bruno Fernando, Marcus Carr, and Shimizu ******.

SEMO got a commitment from 2016 SG Ray Kowalski from Charlotte NC. He is a great shooter and a wonderful pick up for Coach Ray.

The Las Vegas dealers that I mentioned last week signed a former first rounder David Harrison, and almost have a deal with another great player Royce White. White was the one that had the anxiety issues and couldn't fly with his NBA team. But he is a great player. It is also being reported that they will throw around even bigger money next year to these 2016 recruits (specifically Josh Jackson). Kids were hesitant of the legitimacy of the money last year. That might not be so this year.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Mon, Sep 14, 2015, at 9:51 AM
  • Could this be the swan song for our buddy Steve Superior? He aint gittn it done down in good ole 'Cock Land, congrats to ur Cats Mr Buck!

Awesome recruiting info as we all have come to expect. I cancelled my subscriptions to all the recruiting mags long ago.

-- Posted by cirithungol17 on Mon, Sep 14, 2015, at 11:12 AM

I really think it could be. I don't know what their problem is. I think a win over Florida this week and my cats could be ranked. In FOOTBALL. They were in the "others receiving votes" category this week.

Hey thank you for the excellent comment. I try my best!

I also almost forgot that Miles Bridges will be announcing his final 3 today. If I had to guess I would say it will be Mich. St., Indiana, and UK.(with UNC a possibility instead of UI). I really think it is a final 2 between MSU and UK as I have stated in the past. He has taken officials to MSU and UI, and has an official to UK scheduled for BBM. But I believe he has unofficially visited UK a few times, in fact I think he's already been to BBM once before.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Mon, Sep 14, 2015, at 2:00 PM

And Bridges does trim to MSU, UI, and UK. One interesting wrinkle is that he also set a decision date, Oct. 3rd. This is before BBM, and he will now officially visit UK this weekend. He had visits to UNC and Michigan schedule as well, but said "didn't want to waste anybody's time" and "I'm trying to get this recruiting stuff over with". I don't think this is a problem for UK, as he has been to BBM in the past, and going to school in WV, I think he's been to a few UK games and been on campus 4 or 5 times.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Mon, Sep 14, 2015, at 4:02 PM

Popular topic, but Coach Cal visited Bam Adebayo yesterday, and then Mizzou visited him last night.

I see that Shimizu's last name won't show up, i didn't spell it wrong, it does contain a curse word. I guess it won't show up when those letters are in that order, even contained in another word. Interesting to know.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Tue, Sep 15, 2015, at 10:35 AM
  • Can you spell it backwards Buck?!

-- Posted by IndianPride on Tue, Sep 15, 2015, at 11:50 AM

Sure I can try haha. It's Uttihs

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Tue, Sep 15, 2015, at 12:03 PM
  • Hyphenate it Buck

Sh-Ittu

-- Posted by cirithungol17 on Tue, Sep 15, 2015, at 12:22 PM
  • There, now he's like the other Cats!!

-- Posted by cirithungol17 on Tue, Sep 15, 2015, at 12:23 PM
  • Thanks Buck and love the hyphen ciri!! Lol!!!

-- Posted by IndianPride on Tue, Sep 15, 2015, at 2:13 PM

Haha oh my if we hyphenate it, then he's definitely UK bound!

Well it looks like Kentucky will again be having an NBA combine to showcase their players. Will reportedly be on October 11th.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Wed, Sep 16, 2015, at 9:29 PM

2017 and 18 stars PJ and Vincent Washington visited UK Wednesday.

Wendel Moore a 2019 wing will visit UK 10/9.

Miles Bridges starts his rescheduled UK official visit today.

Mizzou will host Mitchell Smith and Willie Jackson for official visits this weekend.

Calipari and Barbee visited No.1 center in the nation Marquess Bolden yesterday. Met with No. 1 in nation Harry Giles earlier in the week.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Fri, Sep 18, 2015, at 12:31 PM

Huntington Prep SG Curtis Jones just committed to Indiana. For a long time I though Jones would go to Mizzou, until he cut them from his top 5. I haven't been as impressed with Fulford's recruiting as I thought I would. Thomas Bryant to UI, Kopekea (sp) to Arkansas and now Las Vegas dealers, Miles Bridges to MSU or UK, Levi Cook to prep school, and probay either Virginia or Florida, and now Jones to UI. Only one Mizzou got from HP was MGC, who isn't even with them team anymore. Fulford was a decent coach, but you have to think Mizzou brought him on board for his connections and recruiting ability, and now practically anyone he would have coached is gone.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Sat, Sep 19, 2015, at 12:00 PM

And just like that 6'10 PF Mitchell Smith who I said was visiting Mizzou today has commited to Mizzou. Nice pickup for them.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Sat, Sep 19, 2015, at 3:01 PM
  • Hey Buck, just went to Zou game. Worst offense in nation. If u arent favored by ten points next weekend i will eat my shorts.

-- Posted by cirithungol17 on Sat, Sep 19, 2015, at 7:16 PM

Ahh cool, I had some friends at the game today as well.

We aren't looking to hot right now. Gotta think the Tigers will still be heavily favorited in the feline matchup.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Sat, Sep 19, 2015, at 8:00 PM

Offense never got into a rhythm. Defense played well. Us Kentucky fans feel like you guys do with Mauk and Lock. I can't stand Towles. I wish they would play Drew Barker. 29 years....

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Sat, Sep 19, 2015, at 9:51 PM

No.1 PG has an inhome visit with coach Cal today

Tomorrow Cal will meet with Bam Adebayo, his second visit in a week. Really turning up the heat on Bam apparently.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Mon, Sep 21, 2015, at 5:58 PM
  • Is Bam related to the Bam of Jack-A$$ fame?

-- Posted by cirithungol17 on Mon, Sep 21, 2015, at 6:18 PM

Yes I believe so. I think he has a career in skateboarding if the whole basketball thing doesn't work out. Be a big 6'10 skateboarder though!

2016 forward Willie Jackson, who was on Mizzou campus this weekend, will announce his college decision tomorrow a 2PM. I think it will be Mizzou.

And the No.1 PG was De'aron Fox. UK will be Fox's last inhome visit.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Mon, Sep 21, 2015, at 6:58 PM

Coach Cal will meet with Harry Giles today as well as Bam. So in the past week Cal has visited Harry at his school in Virginia, had an inhome visit with his parents in North Carolina, and now visiting him again. Turning it up on him too.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Tue, Sep 22, 2015, at 12:10 PM

De'Aaron Fox is one of the main guys I want UK to get, I like the PG's. And now he is my favorite recruit by far. Read this article about what he did for a die hard UK fan, a disabled young man, from his high school when Coach Cal came to visit yesterday.

http://kentuckysportsradio.com/basketball-2/deaaron-fox-invited-uk-fan-to-in-hom...

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Tue, Sep 22, 2015, at 12:48 PM

And Mizzou picks up their second 2016 commitment in 3star forward Willie Jackson. He is a high motor, slasher type guy. Good defender. Good pickup for Mizzou.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Wed, Sep 23, 2015, at 2:57 PM
  • Thanks for the info Buck!! Goodluck saturday, if ur D shows up Zou will be in for a long long nite. Cats are favored by only 3. Empty ur portfolio and put it on the Cats!!

-- Posted by cirithungol17 on Wed, Sep 23, 2015, at 3:56 PM
  • Mizzou vs. UK!

ciri vs. Buck!

Hope you guys are still friendly after its over!!

-- Posted by IndianPride on Wed, Sep 23, 2015, at 5:40 PM

Duhnuhduh duhnuhduh!! We are going to have a arm wrestling, barbecue eating, gator tackling triathlon to decide official winner!

6'10 big man Reed Nikko is down to Iowa, Kansas St., and Mizzou (which he has a visit to Oct. 3rd)

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Wed, Sep 23, 2015, at 6:01 PM
  • Lol!! Where do I get my ticket??!!!

-- Posted by IndianPride on Wed, Sep 23, 2015, at 7:08 PM
  • Buck. Curious what you may know about how VanLeer from Pacific may fit in this year at Mizzou?

-- Posted by IndianPride on Wed, Sep 23, 2015, at 7:10 PM

Well it's a pretty exclusive event, very VIPish. But I'm going to make sure you have a ticket, and I'm going to throw in a back stage pass for free. And I've heard some rumors from some of the higher ups that there might be a Mariah Carey karaoke contest following the main event.

Well VanLeer is a shooter, and in my opinion that is about all he is at the moment. Not really know for his assisting or rebounding. But.... I've also stated several times I thought Mizzou is missing a good shooter. But a great shooter isn't going to be super effective without some dominant big men that can stretch the floor. In conclusion, VanLeer may not have a huge impact this year (hey he may prove me wrong), but next year with Mizzou already getting 3 and 4 star big men and athletic slasher, and in the running for more 4 star big guys like Nikko, he could really take off next year! Probably needs a development freshmen year.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Wed, Sep 23, 2015, at 8:35 PM
  • Thanks Buck! Im actually way more interested in that backstage pass!!! But I definitely appreciate the info!!

-- Posted by IndianPride on Wed, Sep 23, 2015, at 9:27 PM
  • Haha i see big money potential in your throwdown proposal Buck!!

Jackson averaged 17 points and 14 rebounds a game last season as a junior and was named the area's player of the year by Cleveland.com. He also considered Boston College, Penn State, Temple, Wichita State and Akron. Jackson is rated a three-star prospect by the major recruiting outlets. ESPN.com ranks him No. 32 among the country's small forwards for 2016.

"I love him. He's a great kid. I wish he played for my high school team," said Dru Joyce, Jackson's head coach with the King James Shooting Stars, an AAU team based out of Akron. Joyce is the head coach at Akron's St. Vincent-St. Mary's High School, where his most famous pupil is the Shooting Stars' namesake. Yes, NBA star LeBron James.

Things are lookn up at ole Zou! We gettn a guy who compares favorably with the King!! If my rose colored glasses are reading that correctly.

-- Posted by cirithungol17 on Thu, Sep 24, 2015, at 10:23 AM
  • I agree Ciri this koolaid sure tastes good!

-- Posted by heshootshescores on Sat, Sep 26, 2015, at 1:37 PM
  • The showdown is near!

Buck, ciri. Are you ready to rumble?

-- Posted by IndianPride on Sat, Sep 26, 2015, at 6:10 PM

Nervous over here!

Our offense is going to have to play much better than last week.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Sat, Sep 26, 2015, at 6:14 PM
  • Nice win Buck!! The better team won! Looks like Cats are capable of playin in Dec whilst my wayward kittens will hafta scramble to become bowl eligible by enda the campaign. A historically brutal offense, to say the least.

-- Posted by cirithungol17 on Mon, Sep 28, 2015, at 10:29 AM
  • And it aint Mauks fault. We literally have no one who can play offense.

-- Posted by cirithungol17 on Mon, Sep 28, 2015, at 10:31 AM

Thank you ciri, it was a nice win. I do hate that it had to come against Mizzou, but I am glad that they finally got that "defeating a ranked team" monkey off their back. Boy I sure hope so, I would love to see them play in a bowl game, and I think that is Stoops goal. They have some winnable games left, but they have to do just that, go win them. And I don't know if you noticed or not, but a lot of the playmakers in the game, the ones that really stood out, the announcers were constantly saying true freshman or redshirt freshman. So we are still really young. And next years recruiting class is looking like the best one so far, especially on the defensive side of the ball.

Yeah I have a lot of Mizzou fans on social media, and it was a Mauk bashfest, but to be honest, he really doesn't have the recievers like Mizzou is used to having, and no good running back to take some pressure off of him. Now Hansbrough man really turn it on since he hasn't been back much, but he wasn't Saturday night.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Tue, Sep 29, 2015, at 8:53 AM

Cleaning out some recruiting notes:

2016 SF from Hazelwood MO, Xavier Sneed committed to Kansas St.

2016 6'9 PF Tyler Cook from Chaminade, another Missouri school, has committed to Iowa.

Those are two guys Mizzou probably should have locked up. Can't lose mid level D1 guys to neighboring states. Maybe Corey Tate can help to sure that up.

In the past week give or take a few days Mizzou has met with 5 stars Bam Adebayo (both Fulford and Anderson), and 2017 guard Gary Trent Jr. So that's two really high profile guys that Mizzou is after. Either would be a game changer.

An update on Miles Bridges. He is pretty much down to Michigan St. and Kentucky. He is announcing Oct. 3rd I believe. I always thought UK was in the drivers seat for him, but I don't think so anymore. He is not going to make his announcement at Huntington Prep, but is going back to Flint, Michigan and announcing at a local community college. That just leads me to believe he will be picking MSU.

Kobi Simmons announced his final 3 last night, UNLV, OSU, and UK (the 3 he took officials too). I thought UK would get him too, put now I see Ohio St. getting him after it seems UK has make Fox their number 1 target and Simmons #2.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Tue, Sep 29, 2015, at 9:06 AM

Mauk has been suspended for the South Carolina game.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Tue, Sep 29, 2015, at 7:44 PM

WOW shocker that I did not expect! 5 star big man Wenyen Gabriel has committed to Kentucky. Many saw him down to Duke, Maryland, and UK, with UK last. He finished his UK visit last week, and really enjoyed it and said that's where he wanted to be. Awesome pick up! UK now with the #2 class.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Thu, Oct 1, 2015, at 1:31 PM

Only 1 person on the crystal ball had UK picked, that's how shocking it was.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Thu, Oct 1, 2015, at 1:33 PM

Recruiting updates:

Only 31 of the top 100 players in the 2016 remain uncommitted, and their senior season hasn't even started yet. That is really early!

I also thought it was interesting that neither of UK's 5 star 2016 commits played on the EYLB. One was adidas and one was Under Armour.

It was quite a surprise but it looks like 5 star center Marques Bolden will be headed on an unofficial UK visit for BBM. He already took his official to UK about a month ago. I really didn't see him coming back. So maybe that is a good sign for the guy many see as a Duke favorite. It looks like 2017 5 star Kris Wilkes will also be visiting BBM for an unofficial visit. The BBM list just keeps getting longer and longer.

This weekend 2018 players Maurice Calloo and Kajon Gordon-Stephens (gotta be a UK lock right?) both visited UK unofficially.

5 star PF Bam Adebayo will officially visit UK this weekend. It will be his first official visit.

On a football note, UK clearly did not prepare for EKU, but they did end up with the win. Ugly ugly ugly game. But the season is almost halfway over and UK has a better SEC record than Bama, Auburn, MSU, Arkansas, UT, Mizzou, and South Carolina. Say what?

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Mon, Oct 5, 2015, at 1:17 PM

Rumors going around that Maty Mauk was caught selling drugs, specifically cocaine, and that is why he is suspended. And is a pretty big cole dealer on campus. Looks like he will be suspended for Florida game as well.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Mon, Oct 5, 2015, at 7:04 PM
  • Posted by BuckMajor on Mon, Oct 5, 2015, at 7:04 PM

If all that is true, he should be kicked off the team.

-- Posted by BonScott on Mon, Oct 5, 2015, at 7:48 PM

Some of the rumors are kind of alluding to that Bon. A couple different things: being suspended this long, or idenfiently, with Pinkel being super tight lipped, usually spells it was something serious.

Also there has not been one single media leak on what he did, and in this amount of time that is really unusual too.

The other Mizzou player suspended (sorry don't know Mizzou FB players that well) was supposedly suspended for buying the cocaine.

Also rumored that Mauk is a cocaine user.

Same people reporting this are ones that nailed DGB with his drug use before he was caught.

You can also go back and look at older Mauk cocaine rumors that were before this investigation. During last season even.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Mon, Oct 5, 2015, at 8:01 PM

3 star Reed Nikko has committed to Mizzou

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Mon, Oct 5, 2015, at 8:25 PM

Cal visited Bolden today. Bolden will be at BBM as I stated a few posts up. UK really turning up the heat for Bolden. Cal must be trying to really get one more big guy. Must feel comfortable that he is going to get some guards (Fox, Monk, Simmons)

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Tue, Oct 6, 2015, at 4:27 PM
  • Hey Buck, at some point down the road i'd be interested to see ur list of probable starters and next five off the bench for this year with their size and star ratings. With all ur free time n all, just wanted to find somethin for u to do....

-- Posted by cirithungol17 on Wed, Oct 7, 2015, at 9:43 AM

Haha I'll get right on that! And are you referring to UK or Mizzou!?

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Thu, Oct 8, 2015, at 1:51 PM
  • The Cats. Ive adopted em until my tiggers become relevant.

-- Posted by cirithungol17 on Thu, Oct 8, 2015, at 2:20 PM

Well welcome aboard! I actually will try and put together a list like that, that sounds interesting. When I get some "free time", which I had to Webster, I will do that lol! I would think (with the starters I have in my head. Which I texted to Cal, he hasn't responded, might be at a luncheon or something), we would have one 5 star come off the bench. But I'm going to look into it!

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Thu, Oct 8, 2015, at 2:42 PM

2019 Wendell Moore will visit Kentucky this weekend.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Thu, Oct 8, 2015, at 3:18 PM

#7 player in the nation and No.1 PG De'Aaron Fox says he is canceling his official to Arizona. He will visit Kansas this weekend and UK next weekend. I've thought he was down to these two, now it kinda looks like he really is. I really hope UK gets him, he is one of the players I want them to get the most (along with Monk)

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Thu, Oct 8, 2015, at 8:29 PM
  • Hey Buck, has Mizzou offered Courtney Ramey (Ramey-Jets AAU) I hear he is getting all kinds of high Major looks.

-- Posted by Kdub102002 on Fri, Oct 9, 2015, at 12:49 PM

Mizzou is going to have a busy weekend with unofficial visitors, and I'm going to give some info on them for those interested.

- Michael Porter Jr. - top 5 player in 2017 class. Will be attending Kansas's Late Night in the Phog this weekend, but supposedly will be at some Mizzou homecoming events too. He's from Columbia so Take that for what it's worth, that he's seeing Mizzou or just simply participating in community events. I'd lean toward the later.

- Trace Young - 3 star 2017 wing from Huntington Prep. Good player, should move up the rankings this year, possibly into top 100.

- Boko Mupungu - 2017 big man from Huntington Prep. Not a lot know about him, he's new to the U.S. Prolly some guy Huntington brought over that had bball potential. From the DR Congo I believe.

- Jonathan Kabongo - 2018 G from Huntington Prep. A player with awesome potential like his brother. Another Africa guy (Zaire). Prolly gonna be a 4 star guy when it's said and done.

Now here is three Fulford Huntington connections guys. Really really important for Mizzou to lock up a good Huntington guy in my opinion.

- Mamoudou Diarra - big 2017 forward from St. Louis Christian. Another African guy, Mali I believe. But Diarra is a little more known that Mupungu. He has been invited to several prestigious camps, played in Cali last year. What made him transfer to STL I don't know. I've actually seen him play before. He has good high major potential in my opinion.

- Wyatt Yess - 2017 Forward from Parkway West. No star rating, but had to sit out due to injury for AAU season when most stars are awarded. Already has an offer from Mizzou.

-Carte'Are Gordon - 2018 5 star forward from St. John Vianney, MO. Now Mizzou has offered Gordon, but it's going to be hard to land him. Has some big offers from Kansas, Ill, and interested from some real big schools. He plays for the Ramey Jets in Ill. Now Gordon is also attending Late Night in the Phog with another Ramey player Jadis White from Chaminade. This is a guy Mizzou really needs to land to start turning the program around the in state talent.

-Torrence Watson - 2018 guard from Whitfield, MO. Has an offer from Mizzou and some other middle tier programs. Another player with great potential.

- Shaun Williams - 2018 G from Hazelwood Central. Plays for the Eagles. Another guy Mizzou will have a long time to recruit.

Gaven Pinkley - 2018 F from Hillsboro. Also plays for Ramey Jets.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Fri, Oct 9, 2015, at 1:33 PM

Hey Kdub Mizzou has indeed offered Courtney Ramey. They went on a tear earlier in the year offering guys from his class, and he was one of them. He is infact attending Late Night in the Phog with Gordon and White this weekend (see my Gordon section in above post), but I don't know if he is going with the two to Mizzou this weekend.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Fri, Oct 9, 2015, at 1:37 PM

Mizzou offered Diarra today.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Fri, Oct 9, 2015, at 7:05 PM

Mizzou offered Kabongo on his visit today.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Sat, Oct 10, 2015, at 5:45 PM

Kentucky's open practice NBA Combine will be on ESPNU tonight from 6-8. All 30 NBA teams will be present.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Sun, Oct 11, 2015, at 5:03 PM

Awesome practice! 85 NBA scouts, almost all the teams went 3 deep. Only at Kentucky! "We're talkin bout practice"

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Sun, Oct 11, 2015, at 9:52 PM

Well if it only could have happened to us UK and Miz fans a little bit earlier, but Florida's Will Grier has been suspended for the remainder of the season.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Mon, Oct 12, 2015, at 12:38 PM

So the SEC East front runner takes a major hit.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Mon, Oct 12, 2015, at 12:41 PM
  • Wow! What is up with these kids?

-- Posted by IndianPride on Mon, Oct 12, 2015, at 7:22 PM
  • Woodnt a mattered Buck. Mazoo has worst O in nation no matter who plays qb for tiggers. We will be lucky to finish 6-6. Gators also are quite pedestrian on O. I was at game and they are vastly overrated. The East will get crushed again in the title game. A two-loss team will likely win the East.

-- Posted by cirithungol17 on Tue, Oct 13, 2015, at 10:37 AM
  • 2019 Marcedus Leech has received his 1st from University of New Mexico State.

-- Posted by Tmarlo on Tue, Oct 13, 2015, at 6:03 PM

6'5 wing Denzel Mahoney had committed to SEMO

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Tue, Oct 13, 2015, at 7:25 PM
  • ICYMI last night, New Mexico State offered a pair of midwest kids scholarships, check out who http://t.co/Z5usHyZglO

-- Posted by Tmarlo on Wed, Oct 14, 2015, at 9:27 AM

Here is the guest list for tonight's Big Blue Madness. It should feature 9 five star players, including the 2016 No.1 PF, No. 1 PG, and No.1 SG.

Harry Giles

De'Aaron Fox (who I really want)

Malik Monk

Sacha Killeya-Jones (already committed)

Gary Trent Jr.

John Petty

Kris Wilkes

Wendell Carter

Trae Young

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Fri, Oct 16, 2015, at 5:41 PM

New update that only 26 of the top 100 players remain, and three are scheduled to come off the board this week. That's just crazy! Also No.1 PG De'Aaron Fox said he will be for sure deciding his before Nov. 16th (the early signing period). I really hope he picks Kentucky.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Mon, Oct 19, 2015, at 6:12 PM
  • Buck! Any other fallout from BBM? I didnt get to check it out as we were on the road to see our boy at college!!

-- Posted by IndianPride on Mon, Oct 19, 2015, at 7:20 PM

Well the event was awesome to watch! They always do an awesome job. Maybe a few small fallout things since then, nothing too major. All the recruits tweeted that they had a good time/put up picutures, which is pretty standard. (Except Fox, but he doesn't tweet much)

UK is now leading the crystal ball for Malik Monk after he attended BBM. That is the first time that has happened. Arkansas was the heavy favorite, and UK has slowly crept up for what it's worth. Monk is from Ark, and his brother was a two sport star there. The disarray of the Ark program is the only thing giving me hope Monk goes to Kentucky.

Harry Giles, who some consider to be the NO.1 player in the nation visited Duke, and then visited for BBM. Many saw him having a big three of Duke, UK, and UNC (He's from North Carolina). After the BBM visit, he canceled his UNC visit, so it looks like it might be a two horse race now, with Duke still the heavy favorite. But I would rather have a 50/50 chance of getting him than a 33% chance.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Tue, Oct 20, 2015, at 8:32 AM
  • Indeed!! Sounds promising!! Thanks as always!!

-- Posted by IndianPride on Tue, Oct 20, 2015, at 11:53 PM
  • Looks like U of L mite have "two legs" up on ya Buck, ifya know what i mean!!

https://medium.com/sportspickle/report-louisville-unlikely-to-fire-pitino-after-...

-- Posted by cirithungol17 on Thu, Oct 22, 2015, at 10:31 AM

That's absolutely hilarious Ciri haha!!!! Hadn't seen that one! But what a crazy deal in all seriousness!

Mizzou offered Leech today.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Sun, Oct 25, 2015, at 6:45 PM

Mauk has been suspended for the remainder of the season.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Sun, Nov 1, 2015, at 2:57 PM

Recruiting has been kind of dead here lately, for the teams that people on here pay attention too. I imagine with the early signing period coming up, that is about to change.

Mizzou watched and offered Jay Jay Chandler a great 2017 PG (4 or 5 star) and Mizzou watched 2017 PG Trevon Duval another really highly ranked player. So the Zou is going after some great point guards.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Tue, Nov 3, 2015, at 10:29 AM

UK commit Tai Wynyard has enrolled at UK for his spring classes, and will sign with UK this month when he gets his student visa. I still think he probably redshirts and doesn't play until next year. But who knows. It will be very beneficial for him to practice in a UK practice everyday, and already learn Cal's system. So he will be a much more prepared freshman next year if he redshirts.

Calipari and Payne went and watched Harry Giles in his first game yesterday. They aren't giving up on him yet.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Wed, Nov 4, 2015, at 10:16 AM

Kansas just offered PG Andrew Jones from Texas. Kansas was really involved in the De'Aaron Fox recruitment, and many saw Fox as being down to KU and UK. I hope this is a good sign for UK and Fox. I really want him. And he has said repeatedly he will sign in the early period and before his first high school game. Early period starts next week, and his first game is Nov. 16th. Got to think it will be next week sometime.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Wed, Nov 4, 2015, at 10:24 AM

Harry Giles will announce his decision Nov. 12th on ESPNU.

5 star Jarret Allen will visit UK this weekend.

Calipari is meeting with Malik Monk today.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Wed, Nov 4, 2015, at 3:05 PM

So Cal met with Giles yesterday, and he has moved his announcement date up to the 12th. And he won't be announcing in his home state of North Carolina. I'm not saying that is positive news, but I'm not saying that is negative news for UK either.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Wed, Nov 4, 2015, at 3:45 PM

Harry Giles is going to have to have season ending knee surgery for an ACL injury he suffered in his last game. Had another season ending knee injury on the other knee two years ago. Really unfortunate news.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Thu, Nov 5, 2015, at 10:35 AM

Welp we scratched the 14th North Carolina decision, now scrap the 12th decision date, Giles will announce his college decision tomorrow at 11am on ESPN. I'm sure he knows where he wants to go, and the injury must have driven him to announce now. I say it's Duke.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Thu, Nov 5, 2015, at 11:03 AM

Harry Giles to Duke, as expected. Duke with No.1 class now leaping Mich. St.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Fri, Nov 6, 2015, at 11:06 AM
  • Skal is putting on a show right now!!!!!

-- Posted by IndianPride on Fri, Nov 6, 2015, at 6:27 PM

I have it DVRed, can't wait to watch it! I think he's gonna be awesome to watch this year, heard he had a big second half.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Fri, Nov 6, 2015, at 11:15 PM

Wow yeah Skal did go off! That was a fun game to watch.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Sat, Nov 7, 2015, at 1:55 AM
  • I thought you would enjoy it!!!

-- Posted by IndianPride on Sat, Nov 7, 2015, at 8:22 AM
  • Hey Buck whats ur starting lineup gonna look like and list their height. Are they still the tallest team in the NBA?

-- Posted by cirithungol17 on Sat, Nov 7, 2015, at 9:54 AM

Here is what I think the starting lineup will be. I think Cal goes with the 3 guard lineup giving UK the best backcourt in the nation.

Skal Labissiere 6'11

Marcus Lee 6'10

Jamal Murray 6'4

Isaiah Briscoe 6'3

Tyler Ulis 5'9

So with the 3 guard lineup, and Tyler throwing off the average, they won't be the tallest NBA team. But I think Ulis is the best PG in the country so I'll settle for that haha. Briscoe is the one that might get bumped out of the lineup, and it would be for 6'6 Charles Matthews. The full court press that UK ran last night was pretty cool too!

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Sat, Nov 7, 2015, at 11:06 AM
  • Wow thats gonna be a complete switch from last years towers!! Oughtta be interesting to see how Cal adjusts to a whole new guard fueled offense!

-- Posted by cirithungol17 on Sat, Nov 7, 2015, at 12:14 PM

Oh yeah! Gonna be much more like Cal's first year with John Wall and Eric Bledsoe.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Sat, Nov 7, 2015, at 12:17 PM

Bunch of Mizzou students and football players on strike until president is removed. It's something like 32 football players who will not partake in football related activities until Tim Wolfe is gone.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Sat, Nov 7, 2015, at 9:01 PM
  • What's the issue with Wolfe Buck?

-- Posted by IndianPride on Sat, Nov 7, 2015, at 9:07 PM

Saying Wolfe hasn't taken any steps to address several racial issues on campus. It started with one student who is on a hunger strike and will not eat until Wolfe is gone or his organs shut down he said. Wolfe met with the student, but I don't think the student has eaten in 4 days. Also some pretty notable mizzou players included in that 32.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Sat, Nov 7, 2015, at 9:16 PM
  • Man I had no idea. That's terrible. I pray that kids ok!

-- Posted by IndianPride on Sat, Nov 7, 2015, at 9:22 PM
  • The meeting they were suppose to have today was postponed I think.

-- Posted by heshootshescores on Sun, Nov 8, 2015, at 10:24 AM

Gary Pinkel pretty much confirmed an hour ago what the players had been saying, that he is fully behind them. Tweeted out a picture of the team locked arms saying that they are family and that he is behind them. Along with the hashtag that the strikers and student groups have been using #concernedstudent1950. He knows, as well as several of the education departments, that the inversion and Wolfe is a mess.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Sun, Nov 8, 2015, at 12:55 PM

University not inversion, stupid autocorrect haha

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Sun, Nov 8, 2015, at 12:56 PM

So I hope people don't get on here saying these students are

1. Forsaking teammates (come on some things are bigger than football, that's a weak argument)

2. Throwing around baseless accusations. (Pinkel would never make a statement like that, a statement that is now national news on Sportscenter, Bleacher Report, etc., if there wasn't really a problem. One that has been building for a while.)

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Sun, Nov 8, 2015, at 1:01 PM
  • This could turn out to be a real problem as more and more students join the cause how long can Wolfe hang on to his job

-- Posted by heshootshescores on Sun, Nov 8, 2015, at 8:30 PM

Yeah it gets real interesting when the highest paid public employee in the state of Missouri choses a side.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Mon, Nov 9, 2015, at 8:44 AM

Wolfe has resigned.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Mon, Nov 9, 2015, at 10:32 AM

As expected in the early signing period, PG De'Aaron Fox will sign announce his college decision Thursday on ESPNU's recruiting special. A few recruits will be on that special. I'm hoping to hear good news.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Mon, Nov 9, 2015, at 2:13 PM
  • My question is: What is the spineless Zou administration gonna do when the next hunger striker calls for the resignation of an official for the next alleged discriminatory action? The weak and spineless Zou administration now has set a precedent. Any, and i mean ANY, person who alleges discrimination can now remove an accused official if they can round up about a hundred protesters. If a football player feels he had been wrongly accused of breaking a team rule, he can take down Pinkel and/or AD Mack Rhoades. If a student feels slighted by a professor, go on a hunger strike and take em down! The precedent has now been set and enabled by the Zou administration. The media, believe me, is loving this. They smell weakness and are going for the jugular. Wolfe may be 100% guilty, i have no idea. But this no way to bring about productive change.

-- Posted by cirithungol17 on Mon, Nov 9, 2015, at 3:54 PM
  • In fact, isnt it foolish for the 8% minority student population to stop here with the removal of just one official? The University has now crippled itself. The smart thing to do is to now go on a major offensive and demand even more!! I am dead serious. The Zou admin has shown they will cave to any allegation of discrimination and will give anything to anyone who goes to extremes to bring to light alleged injustice. Gee, kinda sounds like our current administration in the good ole US of A. More power to these folks though. They sense a weakness and they are taking full full full advantage.

-- Posted by cirithungol17 on Mon, Nov 9, 2015, at 4:08 PM

I think you make some good points, some of which I would like to weigh in and give my opinion later.

Wanted to quickly add that part of what you are stating is currently taking place already. The deans of NINE colleges and several students are asking for the dismissal of Chancellor Loftin. He has also received votes of no confidence from certain deparments, with some having not a single person vote in confidence for him. He got a 0.

You have to think he will be the next to go. I had someone yesterday say to me what is a hunger strike really going to accomplish. Liking to study these things myself, I said just wait and see. And one day later the purpose of the strike(r) has been accomplished.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Mon, Nov 9, 2015, at 4:45 PM

I don't type fast enough apparently for how quickly info has followed today.

Just been announced that Loftin will "transition" (not my quotations, that's what the story had) out of his role as Chancellor at end of year.

Target #2 gone.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Mon, Nov 9, 2015, at 4:49 PM
  • Awesome!! There is literally nothing now that Zou can do to deny any demand from any minority. The sky's the limit.

-- Posted by cirithungol17 on Mon, Nov 9, 2015, at 5:18 PM
  • Ciri. No doubt this will have long term ramifications. Was there widespread systemic racism going on?

I havent followed it closely enough to know. I dont subscribe to the papers. Just thought Id ask as you are obviously a big Mizzou follower and thought youd have some insight.

-- Posted by IndianPride on Mon, Nov 9, 2015, at 6:35 PM

Spreading to other colleges now. Ithaca College's President has received votes of no confidence after race related protests on their campus. Looks like he could be close to getting the boot. Yale also having anti-racism protests. Heard they are happening at SLU too, but don't know if that's true.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Mon, Nov 9, 2015, at 6:42 PM
  • Isolated racism at Zou. Only reported incidents were a group of kids driving by a student or teacher and calling them the N word. Then somebody drew a swastika on a building. And this group of blacks were upset that there was no dialogue after the Ferguson incident a year ago. So basically less than 1% of the 8% black student population at Mizzou has been able to complain enough about the horrible treatment theyve been getting. And now the entire administration has caved in to this "incessant" racism charge and used it as an excuse to fire the chancellor and president. What a great country we live in!!

-- Posted by cirithungol17 on Mon, Nov 9, 2015, at 9:57 PM
  • -- Posted by cirithungol17 on Mon, Nov 9, 2015, at 10:32 PM
  • -- Posted by cirithungol17 on Mon, Nov 9, 2015, at 10:37 PM
  • Sorry Buck, i'll stop now

-- Posted by cirithungol17 on Mon, Nov 9, 2015, at 11:46 PM
  • I agree 100% cirithungol and another thing i agree with is the one player who made the statement if Mizzou was 9-0 they wouldn't be refusing to play.

-- Posted by BIGELW on Tue, Nov 10, 2015, at 6:53 AM

Oh no, you're not bothering me!

Mizzou has offered 2017 G Michael Hueitt.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Tue, Nov 10, 2015, at 8:19 AM

We are getting to that point in the year where preseason games are over for most college bball teams, and regular season will start in just a few days. With that being said, a few high profile basketball players have not yet been cleared by the NCAA.

Kansas's Cheick Diallo: Diallo is an awesome player, and was MVP of both the McDonald's All-American game and the Jordan Brand Classic if that tells you anything. The NCAA is looking into his high school years at Our Savior New America in New York. A yahoo sports story says that they have had to submit over 2000 pages of his high school homework. He went to middle school in Mali,and they are looking into his guardian as well who runs a basketball and after school program in Mali. Diallo speaks three languages and has a semester of course work already completed at Kansas to my understanding. I rebounded some for Diallo when I watched OSNA play early last year. Seemed like a nice kid. Kansas plays their last preseason game today. If he is not cleared today he has a lawyer already hired and is prepared to make the NCAA reach a decision.

Tacko Fall: Fall is famous for being the tallest player in high school and will be in college basketball at 7'6. Fall has also hired a lawyer and is ready to sue the NCAA. Fall is also extremely smart, and made headlines when he said he would rather be Bill Gates than Lebron James (wouldn't be that hard of a decision for me either, but the sports community freaked out). Almost had a 4.0 in high school, and is an engineering major. He spent his first two years of high school in Senegal, and the last two at Liberty Christian Prep Academy.

So basically in both cases the NCAA has problems with OSNA and LCPA. Should the NCAA clear both of these smart students? Or do we have a problem with these preps schools and are they actually just basketball factories? Opinions?

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Tue, Nov 10, 2015, at 10:02 AM

I haven't ever heard anyone on here say that they were Oklahoma St. fans, but I had to put some of their recruiting news because it involves our Dr. Seuss friend in the header of this forum haha. Gorjok Gak has committed to OSU. I heard he chose them because they don't serve green eggs and ham there, he doesn't like them.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Wed, Nov 11, 2015, at 8:43 AM

Don't know if we have any UNC fans on here either, but Seventh Woods just committed there. Seventh is probably the player that got me into following basketball recruiting 7 or 8 years ago with his viral highlight mixtape of all his 7 grade dunks. That was the first time where I was really like "wow 7th graders can do this!". So I wanted to give him a special shout out.

Also his crystal ball was like 100% South Carolina, and I was prepared to post that. So he just did a 180 on everyone.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Wed, Nov 11, 2015, at 9:31 AM
  • Haha thats awesome!! Maybe OSU was the only school that would allow him to keep his pet Lorax in the athletic dorm heehee!

Not sure if u heard but HungerStrike U already had to suspend two starters prior to their first exhibition game a week or so ago, i think Wright and Gant for the dreaded undisclosed disciplinary reasons. I hope the SEC kicks us out, what a complete embarrassment this institution has become.

-- Posted by cirithungol17 on Wed, Nov 11, 2015, at 9:37 AM

Holy crap no I missed that one! Man that bball team has trouble even filling out the roster it seems with all the discipline reasons.

I did hear that Mizzou freshman guard KJ Walton was looking really good though. So there's a bright spot.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Wed, Nov 11, 2015, at 9:46 AM

5 star Wenyen Gabriel has officially signed his NLI with Kentucky. One of the best rebounders in the country. Currently UK's highest recruit at No.10

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Wed, Nov 11, 2015, at 12:17 PM
  • Not sure Anderson is cut out for division BB Seems like they can't play a game without someone being susp.

-- Posted by heshootshescores on Wed, Nov 11, 2015, at 9:33 PM

Mizzou's 3 guys did sign yesterday. So coach Anderson can now comment on them.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Thu, Nov 12, 2015, at 11:22 AM
  • KA just needs to recruit human beings with a conscience, not athletes with total disregard to authority and team

-- Posted by cirithungol17 on Thu, Nov 12, 2015, at 11:44 AM
  • I agree Ciri not sure he has a very long lease. I hope the Tigers start to get this thing turned around. Starts Friday night and I am pumped up. Beating Wofford isn't that big of deal but last year every game seemed to be a problem.

-- Posted by heshootshescores on Thu, Nov 12, 2015, at 2:03 PM
  • Actually a win against Wofford would be a pretty big deal considering the present state of both programs.

-- Posted by jwhitlock on Thu, Nov 12, 2015, at 3:21 PM

No.1 PG in the nation and No. 3 player overall De'Aaron Fox has committed to Kentucky! That's the one I really wanted. John Wall type player.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Thu, Nov 12, 2015, at 5:23 PM
  • Buck I think it would be easier on you if you just told us who Kentucky doesn't get. Seems like they get evry 5 star recruit in the nation. lol

-- Posted by heshootshescores on Thu, Nov 12, 2015, at 8:05 PM
  • Haha i agree Shoots!! Being a UK fan this time a year is like getting unlimited Xmas presents. Lets see, in this box is a 5star pg. This next box has, hmmmm, a #3 rated in country post player. And heres a gift from overseas! Another really really tall guy from Borneo!! And heres a gift basket full of 5star mcdonald all americans! Thanx Santa!!

-- Posted by cirithungol17 on Fri, Nov 13, 2015, at 12:18 AM
  • Yea jwhitlock, the Tigers may be in for a tough one against Wofford. I haven't looked at anything about them or know who returned, but they made the tourney last year and were a 10 seed that played Arkansas very close. If Mizzou is missing any key players it definitely won't be a cakewalk

-- Posted by semo501 on Fri, Nov 13, 2015, at 2:29 AM

Haha you guys are cracking me up lol!

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Fri, Nov 13, 2015, at 8:16 AM
  • Apparently Pinkel has had cancer since May and decided resign at end of season. He told AD on Oct 28th he would step down after last game of season.

Aaaaaaaaaaand Zou hoops already down a scholly player. Martavian Payne has stopped playing for a bit to concentrate on grades. I applaud that and wish him well. Hopefully he can improve his grades and return at some point.

-- Posted by cirithungol17 on Fri, Nov 13, 2015, at 4:32 PM

Woah! Just heard about this. Prayers for Coach Pinkel. Hope Mizzou can get things back on track.

Is their first game tonight!? UK's is.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Fri, Nov 13, 2015, at 5:18 PM
  • Yup Zou plays Wofford, a ten seed in lasyears tourney. I predict Woff by a dozen, cousin

-- Posted by cirithungol17 on Fri, Nov 13, 2015, at 5:43 PM

UK plays Albany. They made the tourney last year too, don't know what their seed was.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Fri, Nov 13, 2015, at 5:47 PM

UK defeats Albany 78-65. Jamal Murray with 19 points and 8 assists.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Fri, Nov 13, 2015, at 8:22 PM
  • Zou and UK are now tied for the top record in the country

-- Posted by cirithungol17 on Fri, Nov 13, 2015, at 11:48 PM
  • Mizzou gets the win. Maybe things will start turning for the positive.

-- Posted by IndianPride on Fri, Nov 13, 2015, at 11:51 PM

Looks like Puryear had a good game!

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Sat, Nov 14, 2015, at 12:16 AM

Kentucky 5 star PF commit Sacha Killeya-Jones has signed his NLI.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Sat, Nov 14, 2015, at 2:23 PM

Kentucky defeats NJIT 87-57. Skal had 26 points on 12 shots. Kentucky's 5 star freshman point guard Isaiah Briscoe (who didn't play last night, bruised knee) had 11 points and 12 rebounds. I'll take a PG with 12 rebounds any day of the week!

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Sat, Nov 14, 2015, at 9:03 PM

Now we have Duke on Tuesday. If we start that game like we started tonight, we will lose by double digits.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Sat, Nov 14, 2015, at 9:07 PM

UK commit Tai Wynyard has officially signed his NLI. Still a wait and see approach of he plays this year or next.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Sun, Nov 15, 2015, at 6:44 PM
  • Nice weekend for the Tigers. Looking for improvement and that was accomplished this weekend. Mizzou already has played back to back games better than anytime last year. They go to Xavier next Tuesday and hopefully they will compete!!

-- Posted by heshootshescores on Sun, Nov 15, 2015, at 7:26 PM
  • Yup we are tied with Cal at 2 and oh, baby!!

-- Posted by cirithungol17 on Sun, Nov 15, 2015, at 10:26 PM
  • Hey Buck you better hope Kentucky's recruiting picks up, Ole Mizzou is coming after you!!! lol

-- Posted by heshootshescores on Sun, Nov 15, 2015, at 11:52 PM

Hey ya'll are liable to be ahead of us by Wednesday morning! But I have no problem with a tough non-con schedule, of which I think UK has the highest ranked in regard to strength. Taking a few bumps early may not be bad, thats kinda how UK always operates, a little sketchy in the beginning and then picking it up by midseason or tourney time.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Mon, Nov 16, 2015, at 8:10 AM
  • Just taking cheap shots at you Buck. The Wildcats have been my 2nd favorite team since the 70s when all their games were on channel 6.

-- Posted by heshootshescores on Mon, Nov 16, 2015, at 9:26 AM

Haha I know man. Gotta love those ole channel 6 games!

Skal Labissiere was named co SEC Freshman of the Week with LSU's Blakeny (sp). UK has had 53, more than half, of the 105 SEC freshman of the week awards since 2009.

A little surprise, Bam Adebayo will announce tomorrow. 5 star No.6 in the nation. NC State the heavy favorite with his best friend 5 star PG Dennis Smith Jr committed there.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Mon, Nov 16, 2015, at 6:56 PM

WOAHWOAH! Bam Adebayo picks Kentucky!! Where did that come from?? 2016 is a monster class. Adebayo is going to be fun to watch, he looks like he's 30. I'm pumped!

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Tue, Nov 17, 2015, at 8:36 AM

Here's a highlight link

http://youtu.be/d-EfD23TxCE

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Tue, Nov 17, 2015, at 8:37 AM
  • As posted above,

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!

-- Posted by cirithungol17 on Tue, Nov 17, 2015, at 10:19 AM
  • Big time DH tonite!!

UK-Duke 630pm Cal favored by 1.5

KU-MichSt 9pm Jayz faves by 5.0

-- Posted by cirithungol17 on Tue, Nov 17, 2015, at 10:23 AM

Yep that was a true merry Christmas special if there ever was one. Bam had no UK picks in his crystal ball before yesterday. I don't ever count Coach Cal out in a recruitment, but that was as big a "steal" as he's ever had.

Mizzou may have lost tonight, but I think they look leaps better than last year. Young guys playing good and will get better!

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Tue, Nov 17, 2015, at 8:46 PM
  • Agree on Mizzou and I couldn't be happier. They looked better in these first 3 games than at any time last year. I think that is 2 games in a row without a susp Yaaa hooooooooooo Been watching BB all day and seen some pretty good games. Kentucky is loaded made Duke look bad and we know that is not true. Kansas-Michigan St. up next

-- Posted by heshootshescores on Tue, Nov 17, 2015, at 8:55 PM
  • Not tryin to jinx u Buck but after watchn lasnite I think Cats can run the table again at least thru to sweet 16 or elite 8. No ones within 10pts of em in the SEC.

-- Posted by cirithungol17 on Wed, Nov 18, 2015, at 2:50 PM
  • They have 8+ players that would start for Mizzou!!!

-- Posted by heshootshescores on Wed, Nov 18, 2015, at 5:57 PM

I definitely enjoyed that win! And I didn't really even think UK played that well. The #1 projected NBA draft pick played 13 minutes and fouled out. So we're gonna have to sharpen that and the defense up.

In other news, No.5 in the nation 5 star shooting guard Malik Monk committed to Kentucky today. Giving Kentucky 3 top 10 players in the span of 8 days, and five 5 star 2016 commits, giving UK the No.1 recruiting class. Based on their highest ranking this UK class will feature the No. 2,5,6,10, and 16 players in the nation. This will arguably be Coach Cal's best recruiting class, and at least most athletic. The crazy thing is the class should be done, and in November! Coach Cal can spend all winter and spring on 2017 guys. All 5 of those 2016 guys Cal didn't offer until this summer, so win a winter, spring, and summer to spend on 2017 guys, that's scary.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Wed, Nov 18, 2015, at 8:17 PM
  • Happy Hanukkah!!

-- Posted by cirithungol17 on Wed, Nov 18, 2015, at 11:03 PM
  • Buck, where do you think Josh Jackson will land?

-- Posted by Semoobserver102 on Sun, Dec 6, 2015, at 10:11 PM

Shalom ciri!

Boy he was awesome to watch! The Huntington vs. Prolific game with him and Bridges going back and forth was amazing. Over 20 combined dunks (two of which were the best I've ever seen in high school basketball). I'm saying he joins Bridges at Michigan St. and Izzo has his best recruiting class ever.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Sun, Dec 6, 2015, at 11:03 PM
  • What about Marques Bolden?

-- Posted by Semoobserver102 on Mon, Dec 7, 2015, at 9:27 AM

Kansas or Duke. 2 weeks ago I would have said 90% he's going to Duke. But I've been hearing some Kansas talk since Perry Ellis is a senior and Diallo will be one and done, Bolden could come in and be the guy, especially since Kansas has virtually no one in their 2016 class yet. I would say now I'm 60% Duke. Now I have heard some Kentucky grumblings from some pretty reliable people, so they would be my dark horse.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Mon, Dec 7, 2015, at 9:54 AM

Putting this here like last year pretty much for my own memory purposes.

First week of the season Skal was named SEC Freshman of the Week.

Second week Tyler Ulis was named SEC Player of the Week.

Isaiah Briscoe was just named SEC Freshman of the Week for last week.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Mon, Dec 7, 2015, at 11:36 AM
  • Buck, I saw somewhere that Jeff Goodman predicted Bolden to Kentucky!

-- Posted by Semoobserver102 on Mon, Dec 7, 2015, at 12:17 PM

He did yes! That's a great positive sign. Goodman is sometimes a goofball, but I'm sure he has good sources so hey maybe it happens. He is good friends with UK's 2016 guys and said he loves what Cal has done with people at his position.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Mon, Dec 7, 2015, at 12:30 PM

In other news Lebron James just signed a LIFETIME deal with Nike. The numbers haven't come out yet, but it is reportedly the biggest deal in Nike history, and supposed to be not even close to Kevin Durant's 10y $300 million deal. I would be willing to bet it's over a billion dollars. Nike makes over 30 billion a year, and Lebron's line is supposed to make $400 million just this year alone (of which I have contributed too haha). So I would see them having no problem paying a billion dollars, heck it could be 2 billion because you have to think this is a lifetime deal. WOW

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Mon, Dec 7, 2015, at 4:28 PM
  • -- Posted by unclegrubworm on Sun, Dec 13, 2015, at 12:31 AM

Heres a great courtside films video of their highlights tonight. Both of them were pulling up from all over the place!

http://www.courtsidefilms.com/news_article/show/588751-duke-commit-jayson-tatum-...

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Sun, Dec 13, 2015, at 12:46 AM

UK's Jamal Murray wins SEC Freshman of the Week.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Mon, Dec 14, 2015, at 7:30 PM

Just doing some updating.

No real recruiting news lately. I thought Bolden would decide in December, but I guess since he's kinda last man standing everyone is gunning for him. So maybe he won't sign until the spring.

Tyle Ulis won SEC Player of the Week and NBC Sports player of the Week this week after his performance against Louisville. That is the 5th league award for a UK player this year.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Tue, Dec 29, 2015, at 1:17 PM
  • In other news, Zou won by 54pts lasnite. Who cares if it was vs a college with a three word name that no one's ever heard of? We are now three wins shy of last years 9 win total!! We got one cupcake nonconf game left and 18 conf games after that. Theres about a 45% chance we'll get to double-digits in the win column, not bad odds at all.

-- Posted by cirithungol17 on Wed, Dec 30, 2015, at 3:05 AM

Yeah I can definitely see Mizzou passing last years win total. And this is a looking to next year statement, but Mizzou is young. Freshman Puryear has been a bright spot, and Sophomore Gant is good. Woods and Clark are only juniors I believe, and freshman Phillips is playing well too. And before the season the SEC was really bragged on, but I think it's disappointed some. LSU had #1 player and NBA draft pick, and they probably won't even make the tournament (will be first time in a couple decades that No.1 NBA draft pick doesn't even make the ncaa tournament, Lebron excluded of course). Miss St. was bringing in awesome coach after getting rid of Ray so that they could get Malik Newman and he'd be one and done and #4 pick in NBA draft. Now it looks like Miss St. won't even make tourney and Newman has slide down to being a second round draft pick. Vanderbilt was going to be second best team in Sec and picked by a lot to beat UK in SEC tournament title game, and there 8th in the conference. And Auburn will Bruce Pearl was going to be great, and they are tied for second to last. Finally A&M is ranked, but has only had 1 good win and like two good players recently transfer. So there are winnable conference games.

On a big side note, players like Ben Simmons at LSU, and Newman at Miss St., and Brown and Rabb at Cal all said they could go to these schools and win a National Championship. And really that's simply not true, especially if you can't even make the tourney.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Wed, Dec 30, 2015, at 9:10 AM
  • I would rather the top players be spread out across the big money schools rather then 7 on one team though, just my .2

-- Posted by superunbiased on Wed, Dec 30, 2015, at 10:03 AM

I can definitely understand that.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Wed, Dec 30, 2015, at 10:24 AM
  • Mizzou is much better this year. The chemistry is improved and the additions of Phillips and Puryear have been positive.

I'm glad because it proves that Kim Anderson can coach. I bet they win 6 games in conference play. Of course that's not many, but compared to last year that's a marked improvement. And I'm not sure that last years team wasn't more talented.

-- Posted by jwhitlock on Wed, Dec 30, 2015, at 2:08 PM

And Anderson will be watching Torrence Watson, Carte'Are Gordon, Courtney Ramey, and Jordan Goodwin today it looks like.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Wed, Dec 30, 2015, at 2:53 PM

Kentucky is trending in Bolden's crystal ball. Now there're not leading or anything, but the last several picks have been for UK. What this means or why it's happening, I have no idea because I haven't heard anything.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Thu, Dec 31, 2015, at 2:12 PM

Tatum's game-winner vs. Huntington Prep Saturday evening:

http://usatodayhss.com/2016/jayson-tatum-no-10-chaminade-knockoff-no-18-huntingt...

Tatum has sometimes tried to do too much this season, but this is pretty sweet.

-- Posted by unclegrubworm on Sat, Jan 2, 2016, at 11:43 PM
  • Lsu with the upset buck

-- Posted by superunbiased on Tue, Jan 5, 2016, at 10:14 PM

Kim Anderson will watch 2016 4 star Deshawn Corprew tonight. I've seen Deshawn Corprew play 4 times, he's a good player, good big guard. Also going to watch 2017 5 star Trae Young.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Fri, Jan 8, 2016, at 5:32 PM
  • Buck you said all that but one man csnt carry a team, shoot just think of how high skai was rated, how much you boasted about him and he sucks...really bad! Imagine if he didn't have the team he has around him. Ben Simmons is a beast, period played half a game still approached a,triple double on UK! Again all them big time recruits and cal cant coach'em up, its ok though as long as they get drafted, huh? Imo number 23 is the best player they have. With today's NBA ulis will be a poor mans Flip Pressey, portress wont get drafted at all.

-- Posted by Defensive Ace on Sat, Jan 9, 2016, at 3:47 AM

Major Mizzou NCAA violations just handed down due to Frank Haith recruiting violations and impermissible benefits. Punishment the vacating of the entire 2013-14 season, loss of one scholarship next year and the year after that, and recruiting restrictions. Looks like the benefits came from donors to Mizzou, and paid for work for summer internships that were never performed.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Wed, Jan 13, 2016, at 2:38 PM

Also banned from post season this year, but...

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Wed, Jan 13, 2016, at 2:39 PM
  • Hey Buck does the fact they already vacated last season give them any credits toward future penalties?

-- Posted by cirithungol17 on Wed, Jan 13, 2016, at 4:00 PM
  • Looks like Haith came back to (expletive) us again. I hated that hire from Day 1. It was a horrible hire.

Shouldn't Haith have to vacate his wins also since those wins technically never existed now? lol

-- Posted by exzalmanian on Wed, Jan 13, 2016, at 5:16 PM
  • Nobody talking about good ole mike Anderson beat the crap out of Missouri with a kid from Como doing some damage! I remember ppl giving him a hard time! I loved every bit of it

-- Posted by Defensive Ace on Wed, Jan 13, 2016, at 8:31 PM
  • Good ole mike anderson is 9-7, another failure of a season, NIT bound once again.

-- Posted by cirithungol17 on Thu, Jan 14, 2016, at 9:41 AM
  • Mike Anderson is a little sawed off banny rooster. But he is a good coach. I understand why he left Mizzou for Arkansas.

Frank Haith is who he is. Mike Alden is the guy that should be taking much of the blame for Haith. Mike Alden sucks. Frank Haith sucks. Tim Fuller sucks. And right now, Mizzou sucks.

But I hope this buys Kim Anderson more time. I don't believe he will cheat. And there is absolutely no way they can fire a guy who inherited such a horrible situation.

-- Posted by ozzyandharriet on Thu, Jan 14, 2016, at 10:05 AM
  • You got that right about good ole Mike another flop of a year.

-- Posted by BIGELW on Thu, Jan 14, 2016, at 11:24 AM

He needed Monk to be his savior, and missed out on him. He has a pretty good JUCO recruiting class coming in next year, so he might get a year. If he under performs with those guys, I think he's gone next year. Him and Johnny Jones are currently ranked neck and neck as the worst SEC coaches in my book.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Thu, Jan 14, 2016, at 12:20 PM

Some good news for a change for Mizzou! Former CBC star Jordan Barnett is transferring from Texas to Mizzou. Just wasn't getting the minutes at Texas. He will have to sit out a year. The interesting thing is he hasn't entered a game during Christmas break or this year, so he will be eligible to start playing for Mizzou second semester next year.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Fri, Jan 15, 2016, at 8:47 PM
  • Zou only losing by 9 on road at SC is the highlite of KA regime so far

-- Posted by cirithungol17 on Sat, Jan 16, 2016, at 2:34 PM
  • Zou only losing by 9 on road at SC is the highlite of KA regime so far

-- Posted by cirithungol17 on Sat, Jan 16, 2016, at 2:35 PM

Yeah that's really not that bad. SC will beat Kentucky by a lot more than 9.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Sat, Jan 16, 2016, at 9:24 PM
  • Oh yea, ciri/BIG, that 27-9 season last year was such a flop. If only he had half the season Mizzou had/is having

/sarcasm

Buck, Jones is a terrible coach, but I don't know if you've looked at the guy at the helm of your beloved Wildcats lately. He's proven to me that he's one of the worst coaches in college basketball. Yes, he's a great recruiter (bagman) and that is definitely part of being a coach, but have you listened to some of the things that have come out of his mouth? He talks about this team like they're SEMO and not to mention his constant throwing his players under the bus when HIS team fails. Anderson took 1 top 50 player (Bobby Portis) and turned it into the best season Arkansas has had since their heyday.

Coach Cal has a team with 6 former 5 stars and constantly talks about how this team is so less talented/has such a small margin for error. It's such a joke. You can give Dickey Nutt the teams that Cal has had at Kentucky and he could produce the same results

If Kentucky doesn't win a national title next year Cal should go coach the Nets. Unfortunately for him, there's a salary cap in the NBA

-- Posted by semo501 on Mon, Jan 18, 2016, at 3:35 AM
  • I agree 100 % about Cal. I have thought that for a long time. With all the talent he has had and to only have 1 championship just goes to show he can't coach.

-- Posted by BIGELW on Mon, Jan 18, 2016, at 7:18 AM

Maybe I'm feeding the trolls, but I have to disagree 100%. He has only been there for 7 years, and gone to 4 final 4's. No one else has done that over that time span. And only Ollie and K have 1 more championship. So I'd hate to see what a good coach looks like. And 3 No.1 draft picks, only 1 of which was predicted to be.

I am totally fine with people hating on him, not liking him, calling him a bagman, no problem. I do have a problem with people saying hes not a good coach, because I think that is just the dislike for him coming through and not actually evaluating what has happened. And I am a Kentucky fan, not a Cal fan. Was before him and will be after, but I can respect what he's done.

And oh come on, Bobby Portis was ranked right around 15th in the nation by everyone, he wasn't just "top 50". And Madden and Qualls were both ranked with Madden a high 4 star. So it wasn't a but of scrubs out there. And he didn't develop Portis at all, and I think Portis took them to that, not Anderson. And Portis just barely started getting some minutes just a couple of weeks ago. Kentucky's 4 first rounders have not only gotten losts of minutes, but all 4 have started, with 3 pretty much starting every game.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Mon, Jan 18, 2016, at 10:29 AM
  • Let the Cal bashing begin. Poor Buck:(

Lets get back to HOF coach Anderson, aka a track coach who happens to wear a coat n tie to his track meets. MA has coached 13 seasons at UAB, Zou, and Hogland. He finished in the top 25 a whopping 3 times!! Now thats what I call HOF material. Cal probly HASNT finished in top 25 ONLY 3 times in his gajillion yrs of coaching! Get over urselves jealous people. Zou, arky, ole miss, etc would sell their soul to get Cal.

-- Posted by cirithungol17 on Mon, Jan 18, 2016, at 11:10 AM
  • Ok i looked the Cal stats, in his last 20 yrs a coachn he's finished top 25 fifteen times. But yah, MA's a better coach, just givem 20 more years.

-- Posted by cirithungol17 on Mon, Jan 18, 2016, at 11:24 AM

And 14 of those years were UMASS and Memphis who were absolutely nothing, nothing, and have pretty much remained nothing since (even though Coach Cal 2.0 Pastner is doing decent at Memphis). And took them both to national championships and final 4's. National Championships are hard to win, and he may only hae 1, but he is a good coach.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Mon, Jan 18, 2016, at 11:47 AM

Sorry meant 9 ranked years at UMASS and Memphis.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Mon, Jan 18, 2016, at 11:48 AM
  • He's gets all the top talent year in and year out and he can't seem to win it because he's not that good at actual coaching. All he ever brags about is getting the guys to the NBA but half those guys would be 1st rounders nomatter where they would've played but he acts like he's the main reason they get there. So yea i pretty much just don't like him.

-- Posted by BIGELW on Mon, Jan 18, 2016, at 12:13 PM
  • I'll agree he's not the greatest coach (Coach K in my book) but I hafta respectfully disagree with anyone who thinks Cal is not a good coach.

-- Posted by cirithungol17 on Mon, Jan 18, 2016, at 12:39 PM
  • I would take Coach Cal at Mizzou in a heart beat.

-- Posted by heshootshescores on Mon, Jan 18, 2016, at 1:11 PM

Yep I would probably even say he's not even in my top 3. But one that is went to 3 Final 4's during Cal's run and didn't win any National Championships.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Mon, Jan 18, 2016, at 1:24 PM
  • 203-42 in what is now Calipari's 7th season as a coach at Kentucky.

I'm not trying to say this guy is the best coach. He's not better than Coach K, Pitino, Izzo, etc. But to say that he's not a good coach is crazy. He coaches a new roster every year. I don't care how talented they are, they are 18 year old freshman. Realistically, he's only had a couple of kids that were truly considered one of the best players in the country. Those would be a Julius Randle, Noel, Towns, or Anthony Davis. It takes a great coach to convince that many talented players to buy in. Not every coach has that ability.

-- Posted by jwhitlock on Tue, Jan 19, 2016, at 10:25 AM
  • Although losing to Auburn???? may make me reconsider my opinion of him haha!! What the craps going on in horse country over there Buck? I imagine the kids were either way overrated or just not gelling at all? I havnt got to see many of their games so i dont have an answer. And the Dookies are stumbling big time too!! Is the Apocalypse upon us?

-- Posted by cirithungol17 on Tue, Jan 19, 2016, at 11:18 AM

Here's my take on it, and the Auburn loss was horrible. First you have to remember we lost 7 players, 7. Like 85% of our scoring. And 4 of those draft picks including 3 in the lottery were 6'10 or over. Our big guys are so up and down and nonexistent in the games we have lost. So I think they are gelling fine, and I believe Murray and Briscoe were rated appropriately (Skal was probably overrated. Although that's not the best term, he is still projected to be a lottery pick. He just really hasn't player organized competitive basketball in 3 years. He is slowly coming around though). But in our 4 losses our big guys Poythress,Lee, and Skal have averaged 13 points and 10.5 rebounds combined. Our smallest player Tyler Ulis at 5'9 is averaging 3.7 rebounds and Skal is averaging 3.2 at 7 foot. When our big guys play dominant we win, when they no-show we lose. We have to start having them be more productive. And Duke seems to be having an even worse year. They will be out of the rankings altogether after yesterdays loss (With K snubbing the Syracuse players in the handshakes and proceeding to berate the ACC representative). He is finally learning it's not so easy to win with all one and dones and then the next year have those guys gone. (Even though he had the No.1 recruiting class. (But nobody is going to talk about that, because they use one set of standards to Cal because they simply don't like him and one to grade K). So he's just having a season that anyone else would have losing about 70% of his scoring and bringing in some overrated freshman as well such as Jeter and Thornton.

On another note did yall see where the SEC with the new SEC Network and College Football Playoff revenue made $527.4 Million. Wow. That is certainly something. Like more than the GDP of several countries something.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Tue, Jan 19, 2016, at 2:27 PM
  • Duke would be just fine if Jefferson was not hurt and still playing. That's 100% what's wrong with them.

-- Posted by BIGELW on Tue, Jan 19, 2016, at 2:40 PM

Well they lost to Kentucky pretty bad with him playing, and UK's not very good.

I think it is their lack of all around depth and the PG position that is Duke's problem. But that's just my 2 cents.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Tue, Jan 19, 2016, at 2:55 PM

But I do agree that it will help when he is back. Just don't think they were anything to write home about with him there.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Tue, Jan 19, 2016, at 3:08 PM
  • Geez thats a lotta dough my goodness!!

Hang in there Buck mebbe theyll turn it on and start peakn by tourney time!

What got Coach K all riled up?

-- Posted by cirithungol17 on Tue, Jan 19, 2016, at 3:11 PM
  • Geez thats a lotta dough my goodness!!

Hang in there Buck mebbe theyll turn it on and start peakn by tourney time!

What got Coach K all riled up?

-- Posted by cirithungol17 on Tue, Jan 19, 2016, at 3:12 PM

Yeah that's hilarious money.

I hope so. I mean they've only lost 4. Exepectations are just up so high from last year with only 1 loss. I actually thought the 2013-14 team struggled more than this one at this point, and they made it all the way to the Natl Cham as a 8 seed. So I have no doubt they can turn it around.

He thought there were 2 no calls in the last minute. One on a Duke rebound and I think he thought there was a foul on there last shot. And he let it be known haha.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Tue, Jan 19, 2016, at 3:20 PM
  • Like Buck Im a UK fan. Far before and far after Cal!! Not saying Cal is the best but I have to agree he has to be a pretty good Coach to keep piecing together good teams with the constant turnover of players. Coach K is a great coach, undeniably, but even he is finding out this year how hard it is to deal with the one and done situation.

-- Posted by IndianPride on Tue, Jan 19, 2016, at 5:52 PM
  • Btw. The two calls ( non calls) against Syracuse were spot on!!

-- Posted by IndianPride on Tue, Jan 19, 2016, at 5:54 PM

And.... No.3 in the nation Kansas just got blown out by Ok. St., who is probably worse than Auburn. OK State lost to Missouri St. What a weird weird strange year. Several good teams, several good players, no great ones.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Tue, Jan 19, 2016, at 8:02 PM

And just so we all remember, current 2-16 SEMO beat Missouri st.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Tue, Jan 19, 2016, at 8:06 PM
  • That is all crazy Buck! Did not know all that!!

-- Posted by IndianPride on Tue, Jan 19, 2016, at 8:23 PM
  • Yah i watched the last 7mins of the KU game and couldnt believe it. The Hawks looked absolutely atrocious on the shooting end, I never saw them hit ONE outside shot it was crazy bad!!

-- Posted by cirithungol17 on Wed, Jan 20, 2016, at 12:36 AM
  • Anytime KU goes down is a good day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

-- Posted by BIGELW on Wed, Jan 20, 2016, at 7:12 AM

We can all agree on that!!!

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Wed, Jan 20, 2016, at 10:45 AM

Here's how crazy college basketball has been the past few days with tonight's addition of unranked Texas without their starting big man taking down No. 6 West Virginia.

A top 10 team has lost 8 days in a row.

Jan 12th - No.8 Miami lost

Jan 13th - No. 9 Duke lost

Jan 14th - No. 4 Mich. St. lost

Jan 15th - no one played

Jan 16th - No. 8 Miami again

Jan 17th - No. 4 Mich. St. again

Jan 18th - No. 1 Oklahoma lost

Jan 19th - No. 3 Kansas lost

Jan 20th - No. 6 West Virginia lost

If you want to expand it to 11, No.11 Mich St. lost their third straight to a pretty mediocre Nebraska team at Mich St. tonight.

March Madness will be crazy.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Wed, Jan 20, 2016, at 8:34 PM
  • March Madness should be a very appropriate title this year!!

Can't wait!!!

-- Posted by IndianPride on Wed, Jan 20, 2016, at 8:38 PM
  • Buck I agree with that pg assessment at duke Jones wasn't a one and done but after his tournament play his stock shot up, thus causing him to leave! The freshman pg isn't quite ready yet and having matt Jones olay out of position has hurt his game, playing without Jefferson is hurting duke because of his leadership. You saying UK beat them with him is no indication that his leadership and scoring, defense, rebounding isn't being missed. The guy is a senior! I mean ACC is a strong conf and has,been forever, so to lose in conf isn't so bad. I mean its not like we're losing to some bums. Our freshman are freshman and ingram will probably go pro and they'll return everyone else plus the new recruits. Now all of a sudden duke cant handle losing a,high caliber freshman will those 3lastcyr were not the only freshman coach k has lost in his tenure : Maggette, Avery, deng, Livingston the list goes on. Its not that he's learning the hard Way but he did win last yr so did we expect him to go back to back? I didnt and that's my squad! We'll be fine trust me. But tryna compare the two coaches is really funny. One gets all world talent yr in and yr out with one title the other prefers his guys stay and has won twice in 10yrs! Coach k dint sell the NBA thing to these kids, he sells himself to them, so they're not coming to duke to jump pro. We graduate 85% of our players! II believe in coach k! Wait till march

-- Posted by Defensive Ace on Wed, Jan 20, 2016, at 11:25 PM

Hey Ace, with this year's draft class, I'm going to be honest I think Ingram could probably be the No. 2 pick in the draft. And I have "heard" some analysts even say they like him better than Simmons, and I'm not necessarily disagreeing with them. For Simmons to flourish in an NBA offense some teams are going to have to build it to facilitate him. Ingram could be slid into any offense on any team and his skills will translate.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Thu, Jan 21, 2016, at 9:46 AM
  • Hey Buck the Cats played well lasnite!! I like that Willis guy, havnt heard much about him he's kinda under the radar. Hard to to believe a horrible coach like Cal was able to dominate a HOF coach on da road haha!!

-- Posted by cirithungol17 on Fri, Jan 22, 2016, at 9:53 AM

Yes that was finally a good bounce back win last night, and on the road none the less. Yes Willis is a junior and from Kentucky along with Dominique Hawkins, one of our best defenders, who is out with an ankle injury (who we really need back and should be next game). Even though UK gets guys from all over the country, they still got the two best players from Kentucky, both of whom were Kentucky Mr. Basketball (big side bar, but that is just an amazing stat that SEMO doesn't have a single player from Missouri. I wonder how many colleges in the entire country don't have a player from the state they are located in?). Derek Willis last year only scored 25 points and 14 rebounds all year long, now he had a double-double against Auburn and had 12 points, 7 rebounds, and 4 blocks last night. Equaling 24 points and 19 rebounds in two games. Cal said after Auburn he was making some shake-ups and Willis getting the start last night was it.

Skal also showed up big last night, especially after Poythress and Lee no-showed again after the first half of the first half. Had 11 points, his most since November. I really hope this was a break out game for him! So we won with Skal and Willis carrying us just like everyone predicted haha.

Have a tough two day turn around with Vandy tomorrow.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Fri, Jan 22, 2016, at 11:51 AM

Highly recruited sophomore Carte'Are Gordon has quit the Vianney team, according to his coach Kevin Walsh. Gordon has offers from Kansas, Purdue, Illinois, and Missouri among others. Vianney will play Father Tolton and the Porter brothers tomorrow in Columbia.

Last year's game was a classic. Both Michael Porter, Jr., and Gordon were eye-popping good. Vianney won in OT, and Gordon picked up the MVP award.

-- Posted by unclegrubworm on Fri, Jan 22, 2016, at 12:46 PM
  • Whoa!!! Where does he go from here??

Transfer to another STL private??

A basketball factory school? Oak Hill etc.

That can't look good to any college coach!!??

-- Posted by IndianPride on Fri, Jan 22, 2016, at 1:00 PM

He just posted "What's next?" on his Twitter account.

Don't have much of an idea what the story is. There were rumors all summer that he was transferring to Webster Groves, where he lives and where his brother plays. But that didn't happen, of course.

You could sense a little friction last year between him and Walsh, who seemed to employ a tough love approach during games. But he seemed pretty happy when I saw him this year.

-- Posted by unclegrubworm on Fri, Jan 22, 2016, at 1:26 PM

That is certainly interesting. Lotta kids transfer and seek out new schools, but quiting mid season is never a good look.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Fri, Jan 22, 2016, at 1:39 PM

Mizzou watched 2017 SG Victor Bailey last night.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Sat, Jan 23, 2016, at 11:23 AM
  • Yah and theyll WATCH him go elsewhere :(

-- Posted by cirithungol17 on Sat, Jan 23, 2016, at 12:03 PM

Hey maybe not! I think his dad was a WR at Mizzou, so at least there is a connection there.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Sat, Jan 23, 2016, at 12:16 PM

Well Tennessee just took out South Carolina. Now if Mizzou could just take out A&M I'd be a happy camper.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Sat, Jan 23, 2016, at 1:03 PM
  • Zou up by 1 with less than 36mins to go!!

-- Posted by cirithungol17 on Sat, Jan 23, 2016, at 3:10 PM

Latest on Carteare Gordon--According to a P-D prep sports reporter, Gordon will leave Vianney and enroll at Webster Groves next week. Gordon indicates there are financial issues and that members of his family were having a difficult time with his attending a Catholic school since the Gordons are Jehovah's Witnesses.

He will seek an exception from the rule requiring non-moving transfers to sit out 365 days. Hopes to start the season at Webster next year. The reporter says that Vianney will not oppose Gordon's request for an exception, increasing the odds of success.

Gordon says he was happy with his Vianney teammates and coaches.

-- Posted by unclegrubworm on Sat, Jan 23, 2016, at 4:37 PM

Thanks for the update UGW.

Hey Ciri Willis got the start again today and went out and got us 7 pts and 9 rebounds (leading rebounder in fact). He doesn't have to go out and carry us offensively, just need somebody to do dirty work. I like what I'm seeing out of him. UK played today probably the best they have all year.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Sat, Jan 23, 2016, at 4:52 PM

Mizzou with a big running back commitment.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Sat, Jan 23, 2016, at 6:12 PM
  • Yay hooray for us!

Yah Willis looked solid and the whole team looked pretty confident. I wouldnt wanna play Cal in the tourney at this juncture.

-- Posted by cirithungol17 on Sat, Jan 23, 2016, at 10:05 PM
  • Hey Buck!! Ur boy Kony's goin to the Big One!! Hooda thunk it!! They are the real deal, I dont see Peyton and Co stoppn em!

-- Posted by cirithungol17 on Mon, Jan 25, 2016, at 10:31 AM

I know I am so pumped!! Really am! I just think this is the coolest thing ever. Getting to watch someone grow up and then see them getting to play in arguably the biggest sporting event of the year is really awesome. And it's not like he's bench warming either, starting in the AFC championship game. I'm very proud of him, I personally know how hard he's worked for it. Was never really much of an NFL fan before Kony was drafted, but will definitely be pulling for the Panthers as long as he's there! Peyton vs. Kony, let's do it!

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Mon, Jan 25, 2016, at 10:52 PM

Guess Maty Mauk wanted to confirm all the coke head rumors that have been going on for a couple years. Video just surfaced of him snorting some up (or trying to, he looked pretty messed up by the point this video was taken). Odom has suspended him indefinitely. I doubt he ever takes another snap as a Tiger.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Mon, Jan 25, 2016, at 11:08 PM
  • Lol ya know I get that addiction is a disease but I could never wrap my head around how these guys with chances like maulk and manziel just waste away their oppurtunitys that most people would honestly die for. Its sad, but I don't feel the least bit sorry for them especially after how their teams go so far out of the way to try to help.

Ig its the kids turn to shine, and I was worried that the beating he took last year would hurt his confidence and teach him bad habits from the sec play but we will see. Throwing someone who isn't at all ready yet into the starting role can go a few ways

-- Posted by superunbiased on Mon, Jan 25, 2016, at 11:35 PM
  • Well at this point Zou as an institution is afraid to take a stand against anything. Im sure theyll offer to provide a "safe zone" for any athlete who feels discriminated against because they arent allowed to party. #partierslivesmatter

-- Posted by cirithungol17 on Tue, Jan 26, 2016, at 12:15 AM
  • Ciri I think party lives matter should be a thing Party on Garth

-- Posted by heshootshescores on Tue, Jan 26, 2016, at 8:12 AM
  • Bahahahaha exsuhhlennnt!!

-- Posted by cirithungol17 on Tue, Jan 26, 2016, at 10:27 AM
  • There isnt another coach in the universe that could help Zou rite now. Worst collection of talent BY FAR in the SEC. The excuse i keep hearing is they're young. Big deal. They're young and the young are untalented. 1 for about 30 tonite from behind the arc. If u cant shoot by the time u get to college im sorry but you aint gonna miraculously discover how to shoot. Theres absolutely no lite at the end of the tunnel. No one in their right mind would wanna come and play in such a cesspool of miserable hoops in fronta 5k a nite. I would seriously question the sanity of any talented player deciding to sign with the Zou abyss.

-- Posted by cirithungol17 on Sat, Jan 30, 2016, at 9:59 PM

Mizzou offered 2016 big man Cheickna Dembele last night. No, I do not know how to pronounce his name haha.

On a side note, I think it is interesting that Under Armour now has the MVP in all 4 major American sports. Cam Newton, Steph Curry, Bryce Harper, and Carey Price.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Tue, Feb 9, 2016, at 8:58 AM

So it looks like Mizzou wants a big guy for next year, also targeting Kavell Bigby-Williams. I hope they get Dembele, only UK should get hyphen boys haha.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Tue, Feb 9, 2016, at 9:23 AM
  • Zou understands the power of the hyphen haha!!

I am sooooooo down on the Zou program rite now its hard to get excited about any offers they make to these players cuz as I have already said how can any talented hiskool dude wanna try to resurrect an absolutely rockbottom program? Every time i read a st loo hiskool game recap theres mention of all the D-I talent in the recap and every single prospect is going anywhere but Zou!! I dont blame them, we are actually gonna finish with ONE LESS win than last years trainwreck!!

-- Posted by cirithungol17 on Tue, Feb 9, 2016, at 11:06 AM

I hear you man, I hear you. There are two ways to resurrect a program in my opinion. One is to recruit the heck out of it, same thing UCLA is doing. Great program, storied program, and has less fans than Zou at a game. But they are bringing in some studs and I think they will turn it around.

Or, you have to be able to develop guys. Look at Oklahoma who will be a #1 seed. They are doing that with a bunch of junior and senior 3 stars. Then the high school seniors say "Hey I want to go play for Oklahoma". Romar at Washington is going the same thing and I think next year they will be ranked and by 17 they will be poised to make a deep tourney run. But both of those programs are developing guys that go shunned elsewhere (Like Hield and Kansas).

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Tue, Feb 9, 2016, at 12:01 PM
  • You are absolutely right. Probly the most depressing commit is Michael Porters soph brother. He lives in COMO, goes to school there, his sisters play at Zou, his mom or dad coaches at Zou, and yet he's already committed to Romar. As a SOPH!!! That right there shows you the depth to which Zou has sunk.

-- Posted by cirithungol17 on Tue, Feb 9, 2016, at 1:41 PM
  • Lorenzo Romar is Jontay and Michael Porter's Godfather. That probably has more to do with it than anything.

-- Posted by jwhitlock on Wed, Feb 10, 2016, at 10:25 AM

He is yes. And I remember reading an article when Jontay first committed stating how much he really liked Washington's scenery and environment and how pretty it was. So while that is a sign, I believe a bigger sign is in cirri's earlier post how he eluded to the STL talent. Several of the STL Eagles, like the whole Chaminade starting 5, and a few other players at prominent STL high schools are all going D1, and pretty much none are going to Mizzou ( or SEMO yet).

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Wed, Feb 10, 2016, at 11:01 AM
  • Ahhh i did not know that Jwhitlock. Ok so i guess it makes it a little less depressing then.

-- Posted by cirithungol17 on Wed, Feb 10, 2016, at 12:01 PM
  • Hey Buck i havnt been following bracketology prognosticators lately, whats ur take on UK's potential seeding and prospects for advancement in the tourney!

-- Posted by cirithungol17 on Wed, Feb 10, 2016, at 12:07 PM

Well here's my take. Very fluid year, I think this could be like 2014 where we see some like UK as an 8 seed make the championship. I think UK will get a 4 or a 5 seed. 4 if they keep on their current track (3 if they win the SEC Championship). I don't like those odds Saturday against South Carolina with Poythress out a few weeks. We have no inside game, he was pretty much it and he was really inconsistent. And I don't think we will beat Texas A&M. Any more loses than that, if we throw another bad one in, probably be a 5 seed. As far as the tourney, it's really a lot of parity. I would be happy with a sweet 16. Just don't think we have all the pieces to go further than that. Our big guys will have to make drastic improvements in a months timespan. I just don't see that happening.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Fri, Feb 12, 2016, at 1:09 PM
  • NC wins it all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

-- Posted by heshootshescores on Sat, Feb 13, 2016, at 10:38 AM

As in UNC?

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Sat, Feb 13, 2016, at 11:05 AM

Well I said SC would probably beat us, and now Cal gets ejected just 2 minutes into game. This should be interesting haha

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Sat, Feb 13, 2016, at 11:14 AM
  • No wayyyyyy how do you get ejected 2mins into game!! Even Bobby Knight didnt accomplish that!! (I think)

-- Posted by cirithungol17 on Sat, Feb 13, 2016, at 11:37 AM

Horrible reffing today. Red ran from other side of court to issue T. Former coaches are blasting that official on Twitter saying he's not a good ref. this is one ugly game. Don't know how we're up 12. But 2 of our big guys have 3 fouls in first half. Going to be a long game.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Sat, Feb 13, 2016, at 11:46 AM

May have to break Wynard's red shirt today. Especially with Poythress out injured

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Sat, Feb 13, 2016, at 11:48 AM

Fighting through that half, with all that, and those fouls, and having a 14 point halftime lead is amazing. That's a great response. South Carolina's largest halftime deficit. Now it could all come crashing down in second half with the foul situation. But I have already seen what I needed too.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Sat, Feb 13, 2016, at 11:58 AM

15 at half sorry. Changed a rightful Ulis 3 to the correct amount.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Sat, Feb 13, 2016, at 12:14 PM

Same ref just called a stupid T on SC. I'll even admit that. He needs to go.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Sat, Feb 13, 2016, at 12:23 PM

UK up 32 now. Running them out of their own gym after all that. And SC hasn't lost a home game this year,

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Sat, Feb 13, 2016, at 12:49 PM

And Doug Sirmons calls his 4th technical. This dude.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Sat, Feb 13, 2016, at 12:55 PM
  • Ive never heard of 4 T's in a game thats ludicrous. Refs are a special breed, he needs to find a new hobby.

-- Posted by cirithungol17 on Sat, Feb 13, 2016, at 1:00 PM

Heard he T'd up his Applebee's waitress afterwards for getting his order wrong.

A few Mizzou things I've saved. 2016 SG visited Mizzou Saturday vs. Tennessee. I think Mizzou has a good shot at landing him. Mizzou also offered 2017 PG Parker Stewart Friday.

Also Kentucky's PG next year, De'Aaron Fox, passed 3,000 career points Friday. Ummmm WOW!

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Sun, Feb 14, 2016, at 5:18 PM

And STL Eagles C Jeremiah Tilmon picked up an offer from Michigan St.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Sun, Feb 14, 2016, at 5:28 PM

Tyler Ulis was named ESPN National Player of the Week after his stunning performance and great job coaching the USC game.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Mon, Feb 15, 2016, at 11:09 AM

And UK does the conference sweep as Ulis wins SEC Player of the Week and Jamal Murray wins Freshman of the Week.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Mon, Feb 15, 2016, at 11:31 AM
  • I would say they are starting to peak at the rite time. The first half of the season, though important, is NOT the time to peak. Norm Stewarts teams were notorious for great starts and then brutal endings to seasons. The teams that can somehow (and I dont know how!) channel their best effort, energy and chemistry into this time of year have the greatest chance of tourney success. Kansas is seemingly heading in the rite direction too but the Dookies, my my they are not the team I thought they were gonna be.

-- Posted by cirithungol17 on Mon, Feb 15, 2016, at 12:50 PM

I would say the same. It certainly appears that way. We have a quick turnaround game this week, and we haven't done good on those. So I'm anxious to see how that goes. I still don't feel great about the Texas A&M game. Kansas is looking good, and isn't this UNC- Duke week? I think that will tell a lot. I read a stat the other day that more top 25 teams have lost to unranked teams this year than any other year ever. So if we continue on the path to a 4 or 5 seed, I'm okay with that.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Mon, Feb 15, 2016, at 1:13 PM

Oh and Ulis got snubbed on SEC Coach of the Week.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Mon, Feb 15, 2016, at 1:14 PM
  • Yah but he tied for 2nd Buck. Not to bad for a short dude in hightops!!

-- Posted by cirithungol17 on Mon, Feb 15, 2016, at 4:08 PM
  • Wes Clark dismissed from team for academic reasons and Mizzou beats SC. Making it tougher for the new AD to dismiss KA

-- Posted by heshootshescores on Tue, Feb 16, 2016, at 8:48 PM
  • Ryan Rosberg for SEC POY!!!!!!!!!

-- Posted by cirithungol17 on Wed, Feb 17, 2016, at 9:46 AM
  • Hey Buck, Mikey A lost to Auburn at home lasnite oh my!! You think he needs to start contacting his realtor?

-- Posted by cirithungol17 on Thu, Feb 18, 2016, at 12:47 PM

Honestly I would have to say I do, yes. He has some good JUCO guys coming in next year, but there has just been no improvement or production with current guys. And he doesn't have a Bobby Portis walking through the door. I'd have to let someone new start fresh with the JUCO guys and see if the new coach can bring in some high school talent. The SEC is on the rise. A&M is up, Auburn is up, Tenn is up, USC is up, Miss St. will be, Florida will be. Arkansas is going to have to find a way to join the pack or get left behind.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Thu, Feb 18, 2016, at 2:28 PM
  • Kyle Moore picked up an offer from South Baptist from Oklahoma

-- Posted by semoredhawk24 on Thu, Feb 18, 2016, at 9:21 PM

That's awesome! Congrats to him. He can fill it up.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Thu, Feb 18, 2016, at 10:34 PM
  • correction Southern Christian University

-- Posted by semoredhawk24 on Thu, Feb 18, 2016, at 10:44 PM
  • UK!! Willis!!!

-- Posted by IndianPride on Thu, Feb 18, 2016, at 11:53 PM

Americas star of the night on Sportscenter! Career high 25. He went off tonight.

Sidenote though, if we don't have Lee or Poythress Saturday with a quick turnaround vs. A&M that's gonna be touuuuugh.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Fri, Feb 19, 2016, at 12:08 AM

I don't know if you guys heard or not, but Phil Pressey joined Kentucky West (the Phoenix Suns). His first game was last night, had 3 blocks and 10 assists.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Tue, Feb 23, 2016, at 9:54 AM
  • Kentucky West!! Haha!!

Three blocks is an interesting stat!

-- Posted by IndianPride on Tue, Feb 23, 2016, at 10:11 AM

Jimerson had his first triple double of the season last night in the Region 16 tournament. Game before that he had 25, 7rbs, 8asts. Keep it up Willie!

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Fri, Feb 26, 2016, at 10:20 AM
  • Great to hear about his success on the big stage!!

Hope to see him playing closer to home!!

-- Posted by IndianPride on Fri, Feb 26, 2016, at 8:45 PM

De'angelo Allen has decided to transfer from Mizzou. I'm not familiar with him, is he a contributor?

Also get this guys, out of the Top 25 here is who all lost last week.

1,3,4,5,7,8,9 (twice),10,11,15,16,17,19, and 23

Isn't that crazy!

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Mon, Feb 29, 2016, at 11:33 AM

Jamal Murray was named co-SEC Freshman of the Week. His 4th one. 9th weekly award for UK this season, more than any other team in the SEC

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Mon, Feb 29, 2016, at 12:30 PM
  • D Allen couldnt get off the bench for D-II UMC (not to be confused with D-II UMSL). Does that answer ur question Buck?

-- Posted by cirithungol17 on Mon, Feb 29, 2016, at 5:09 PM

Loud and clear

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Mon, Feb 29, 2016, at 6:38 PM

John Calipari may have landed his most important recruit yesterday. This may sound like a joke, but I'm actually being serious. His youngest kid Brad Calipari announced yesterday he will be playing at Kentucky next year as a walk-on. Brad played at a prep school, on the EYLB AAU circuit, and had scholarship offers of his own. It was always kind of up in the air on whether he'd play somewhere else or join UK. He mentioned several times that he wanted to forge his own bball career and not have people think it was handed to him, Calipari is pretty much already at the limit of years he said he would stay at UK and everytime a NBA job comes open he is the first one mentioned. And with the Cavaliers job in flux, and the Kings with three UK players, and the Wizards with John Wall, there are several jobs that would be intriguing to him. Here is what he had to say a couple of months ago if Brad were to come to UK.

"First of all, my wife has already told me if he decides to come, 'you're not leaving,' so that would mean I'm here five more years," Cal said regarding Brad coming to UK. "If I'm here five more years, why not stay 'til 70, why not sign a new contract and I'll be 70 when I leave.

"Seems like everyone coaches until 70, I was thinking 60, but maybe I'll coach until 72, maybe 73. If he comes and he wants to walk on, to be able to spend four years with my son and the ups and downs of this? The only thing is he likes to talk back, you can't do that when you're playing for me."

So we could see Cal for a while longer.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Mon, Mar 7, 2016, at 8:19 AM

Going to start putting this stuff on here. As I've said before really more for my record keeping because I do go back and look at this stuff.

Tyler Ulis was named a USA Today first team All-American.

Jamal Murray was named a USA Today Second team All-American

CBS Sports named Ulis the SEC Player of the Year, John Calipari the Coach of the Year, and Ulis and Murray were named to the All-SEC First Team.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Mon, Mar 7, 2016, at 8:39 AM

Marcus Lee was named to the SEC Community Service team for a second straight year. He does a ton of charity work, and is in the children's hospital almost every weekend. Marcus also normally takes recruits who are in for visits to some of his charity work places.

Alex Poythress was named Academic All-American Second team.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Mon, Mar 7, 2016, at 8:44 AM

UK sweeps the final SEC weekly award honors.

Skal wins Freshman of the Week after averaging 14.5 points, 8.5 rebounds, and 3.5 blocks and outdueling LSU's Ben Simmons Saturday.

Jamal Murray wins Player of the Week.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Mon, Mar 7, 2016, at 11:17 AM

Ulis named first team All-American by Bleacher Report.

Murray named to the third team All-American.

Bleacher Report also named Ulis the SEC Player of the Year and Ulis and Murray to first team all SEC.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Mon, Mar 7, 2016, at 12:22 PM

Wow! Tyler Ulis named SEC Player of the Year and Defensive Player of the Year! Only the second person in the history of the SEC to receive both awards (the last guys name was Anthony Davis). And DPOY at 5'9 is mind boggling! He was also first team SEC and first team all defense obviously. And in a year where the SEC has the #1 draft pick

Jamal Murray was also first team SEC and first team all freshman.

Ben Simmons won freshman of the year.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Tue, Mar 8, 2016, at 11:39 AM
  • Whats the word on Ulis's draftability?

-- Posted by cirithungol17 on Tue, Mar 8, 2016, at 12:41 PM

Jonathan Givony of Draft Express who I look to for rankings has him mid 40's. Some have him mid 20's of first round. So I would say somewhere better late first round to mid second is a good guess. With him it's really just going to depend on the team. If a team that has already gotten a top pick has another first round pick, they might take him as a back up PG. If not I say he goes mid second when some teams start doing their second and third picks.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Tue, Mar 8, 2016, at 1:24 PM

Maybe Buck should start a UK LOVERS THREAD for all this UK LOVIN!!!

LOL

-- Posted by Haterade on Wed, Mar 9, 2016, at 2:28 PM

I like the way you think, that's a good idea haha! I just might lol.

Here is a great Bleacher Report article on Marcus Lee's community service and charity work. It's kinda long, but if you've got a few minutes it's a good read.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Thu, Mar 10, 2016, at 8:24 AM

Mike Anderson has now lost the opening game of the SEC tourney 4 out of the 5 years he has been at Ark.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Thu, Mar 10, 2016, at 3:32 PM
  • Nice W for UK tonight!! I just love the way Ulis controls the game!

Really hoping they are putting it together at the right time.

I think they have a chance to make some big noise in the next few weeks!!

-- Posted by IndianPride on Fri, Mar 11, 2016, at 10:06 PM

Yeah it was. Now Georgia tomorrow. Me too, playing well and healthy.

Givony updated his draft tonight and now has Ulis up 15 spots to No. 32 (Murray at 7 and Skal at 10). So I think he probably goes in the late first round early 2nd. If a team needs a good PG, then the 20's. Otherwise some team takes him in the 30's with their 2nd or 3rd pick.

Skal at 6'11 finally passed 5'9 Ulis in rebounding tonight haha. Ulis at 100 and Skal at 103 for the season.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Sat, Mar 12, 2016, at 12:08 AM
  • Wow. That Georgia game had me worried for a good while!!

Where would we be without Ulis and Murray??!!

-- Posted by IndianPride on Sat, Mar 12, 2016, at 9:33 PM

I know right!

Oh no where! Our bigs disappear sometimes.

And Chad Ford had Ulis 20-30 in his mock draft yesterday. That's the highest I have seen him. Just going to depend on team. I could see someone like the Spurs taking him.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Sun, Mar 13, 2016, at 7:07 PM
  • Hey Buck they are SEC tourney champs!! Are they outright conf champs too or co-champs?

I guarantee you no one wants to be paired with them in the Big Dance!!

-- Posted by cirithungol17 on Sun, Mar 13, 2016, at 11:27 PM
  • Man would I be happy to see him go to the Spurs and take over for Tony Parker!!

-- Posted by IndianPride on Sun, Mar 13, 2016, at 11:30 PM

Yes I know, that's awesome! I was a nervous wreck during the game though, not even going to lie haha. They were co-champs with A&M, so that's why many considered yesterday's game the tiebreaker.

That's true, they are hot right now. But I think they did get screwed on the seeding. It sucks on the seeding that either us our Indiana will be done by Saturday. I still think Sweet 16 is the ceiling. Just not good enough consistent big guys yet. Which actually worries me a bit about Stony Brook. Their best player is a big guy who just dropped 43. Kinda crazy our first game is against someone who has a better record than us.

Me too! I've seen a lot of Spurs talk, some Warriors. I think it will be a pretty established team that picks him up. Which I would be happy with. Since a lot of UK guys are normally high draft picks, they are on some horrendous teams right now like the Lakers, Suns, Pelicans, Wizards, and Timberwolves. Would be cool to see one on a championship contender.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Mon, Mar 14, 2016, at 8:42 AM

But guys, was the leaked bracket not hilarious or what??? Here we are with CBS doing a TWO HOUR reveal show (Kentucky won championship in Nashville, did the award ceremony and all that jazz, flew back to Lexington where they watch the selection show at Cal's house,and UK still hadn't been seeded haha!). Then after the first hour someone leaks the correct bracket, and all these coaches start finding out where they are seeded, who they are playing, and snubbed teams found out they were left off. What a mess!

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Mon, Mar 14, 2016, at 9:19 AM

Mizzou has met with Deshawn Corprew a couple of times the past few weeks. He has announced he is down to a top 3 of Mizzou, Kansas, and Texas A&M. I have seen him play 4 or 5 times. He is a good player, would be a nice addition for Mizzou. Or Texas A&M.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Mon, Mar 14, 2016, at 12:15 PM

Draft Express has Ulis at No. 26 now (Murray and Skal stay 7 and 10). First time he's had him in the first round. As I've said before, I trust him a lot more than ESPN and the likes.

Interesting to note he now has Ingram as No. 1 and Simmons 2 after Simmons lackluster and non motivated SEC tourney. I could really see this happening. Especially if the 76ers get the No. 1 pick (or the Lakers, but probably not the Suns. I think Simmons would fit well on the suns.)

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Mon, Mar 14, 2016, at 4:06 PM
  • I could see Simmons dropping a bit. Not sold on his attitude.

-- Posted by IndianPride on Mon, Mar 14, 2016, at 5:22 PM
  • Soap isn't even close to being ready for NBA. If he goes that high doesn't say much for this years draft.

-- Posted by BIGELW on Mon, Mar 14, 2016, at 8:03 PM
  • Skal

-- Posted by BIGELW on Tue, Mar 15, 2016, at 7:36 AM

I figured that's what you meant BigE but wasn't sure. I agree with you 100%. Not even close. He has improved tremendously since the year's gone on, but not close. He's getting draft off pure potential. And yes this years draft is WEAK. If high school seniors could be drafted, a few would be drafted before both Simmons or Ingram. And I think the best high school player is a junior. Next years draft and 2018 draft should be loaded. I feel for teams that are bad this year and get a top pick, because you aren't getting much. Might be a lot of trades for picks.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Tue, Mar 15, 2016, at 8:07 AM
  • Everyone's gotta shot this year, good luck with those bracket picks!!

Pat Forde, Yahoo! Sports: "If you thought picking a presidential nominee you truly love was difficult this year, try picking an NCAA tournament champion. Just as you could argue that there are no ideal candidates, you also could assert that there have been no ideal teams. Everyone has scars, everyone has warts . . . This is the losingest NCAA tournament field of all-time. Never before in the 77-year history of the event has every team in the tourney had at least four losses. That's the case now -- and only two teams, Kansas and Arkansas-Little Rock, have four defeats. Everyone else has more."

-- Posted by cirithungol17 on Tue, Mar 15, 2016, at 11:30 AM

Great quote, love it. This has been one of the craziest years. ALR hasn't really played anyone, and Kansas has laid some dud games. So even the 4 loss guys are vulnerable. It's going to come down to whoever gets hot and stays healthy. No dominant teams this year. Michigan St. looks that way to me right now. Should have been a 1 seed in my opinion.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Tue, Mar 15, 2016, at 11:51 AM

Tramaine Isabell and Namon Wright are transferring from Mizzou.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Tue, Mar 15, 2016, at 4:42 PM
  • And the hoops team, as well as the University as a whole, continues its long dark spiral into the Dark Ages. But by golly there are places on campus now where people feel safe!!

-- Posted by cirithungol17 on Tue, Mar 15, 2016, at 7:57 PM

Might want to hit the Y Ciri, and have your phone handy. Roster spots available!

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Tue, Mar 15, 2016, at 8:00 PM
  • Hang in there Buck!! Just think how awful it is to be a Zou alum and fan, im tellin you its a nitemare.

"Shooting guard Jamal Murray is a potential lottery pick. Point guard Tyler Ulis is likely to leave, although he is projected to go late in the first round and may have second thoughts. Center Skal Labissiere would be well-advised to stick around and develop, but he knows NBA teams are willing to gamble on his upside.

"I'm sick for some individual players who didn't perform well," Calipari said. "I'll sit back -- could I have done something different? Is there something else I could have done to help them get over the hump? Is there some other way?"

That's the bad news for Coach Cal. The good news?

He has lined up the nation's No. 1 recruiting class again, led by four five-star recruits: Power forwards Bam Adebayo and Wenyen Gabriel, point guard De'Aron Fox and shooting guard Malik Monk.

Assuming Calipari returns to coach this juggernaut -- rejecting NBA overtures once again -- he will have another Top 10 team in 2016-17."

-- Posted by cirithungol17 on Tue, Mar 22, 2016, at 1:09 PM

Yeah Chad Ford has Ulis between 12-20 after the tournament, and DraftExpress has him at 19. So I think he's played his way into being a first round draft pick. Murray is at No. 4 by draft exress. So they are both gone.

Next year should be fun. It's kind of crazy because this year we had the best backcourt in the country, but our big guys no-showed several times. Just so inconsistent. And now next year we will have 7 guys over 6'10. So we will go from being a guard team to a big guy team next year. Should be interesting.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Tue, Mar 22, 2016, at 1:39 PM

Also Cal is still heavily recruiting No.1 center in the nation 6'11 big man Marques Bolden. Many think he is down between UK and Duke and could decide in the next couple weeks. So it'll be interesting to see where he goes. I think we still have a good shot.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Tue, Mar 22, 2016, at 1:48 PM

Eric Vila of FC Barcelona is in the U.S. making 3 college visits. Visited Texas A&M, will visit Mizzou today, and then will visit Wake Forest. He also has a pro contract offer overseas. So after the visits he will decide which route he wants to go. He's a big skilled 6'10-11 guy. Would be a great get for someone like Mizzou.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Wed, Mar 23, 2016, at 9:37 AM
  • I hope he knows no english and hazznt read a newspaper in three yrs, otherwise we're doomed

-- Posted by cirithungol17 on Wed, Mar 23, 2016, at 2:06 PM

Coach Cal announced that every Kentucky player including walk-ons (expect Isaac Humphries, he's the youngest player in college basketball, so to young) will be declaring for the NBA Draft. It was nice knowing you under 6 foot walk-on Johnny David. I only got to see you shoot one shot, don't think you made it, but it was fun none the less!

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Wed, Mar 23, 2016, at 4:09 PM

And uninformed members of Big Blue Nation completely FREAK out haha. The Kentucky facebook page comment section is priceless reading material.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Wed, Mar 23, 2016, at 4:10 PM

Tai Wynyard isn't old enough either.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Wed, Mar 23, 2016, at 4:28 PM
  • Buck! I have to believe Wiltjer would have been a big benefit to UK this year! Can't blame him for going back closer to home though!!

-- Posted by IndianPride on Fri, Mar 25, 2016, at 9:22 PM
  • Thon Maker declaring for NBA draft as a 19 year old high school student. Has there been a change? What will that do to the scene in the future ?

Buck! Any insight??

-- Posted by IndianPride on Sun, Apr 3, 2016, at 11:01 PM

Yeah he probably would have! Nope I can't blame him either. Once UK lost, I definitely joined the Gonzaga bandwagon. Wiltjer seems like a good guy. I believe he is in Kentucky now doing an autograph tour and some radio spots.

That is really crazy, I was clicking on this thread to give a Thon Maker update!

So here's the thing. Nothing has changed, Thon will just be the first one to try and buck the system. The NBA rule is you must be 19 and one year removed from high school to play in the NBA. Thon is 19, so he meets that requirement. The one year removed aspect will be the potential holdup. He is a fifth year student in Canada. I've heard his "people' will try first to see if he qualifies as an international player. To my understanding if you play one game for a high school team in the U.S. you are not an international prospect. Thon player 9th and 10th in the U.S. (and 8th grade). So next will be one year removed from high school. Thon did graduate last year, and is doing a 5th year prep year. He wanted to play one more year with his brother. The NBA will have to decide if the rule is interpreted one year from graduating high school, or is it one year removed from attending a high school.

Much of the basketball community will be watching this decision. Several prospects have thought about challenging the NBA on this, but none have done so. They have decided to attend college or just go play overseas a year. This could set a new precedent for 5th year seniors, and potentially become an avenue with much less hassle to get around the one-and-done rule. If a high school player is project to be a top pick, why screw that up with college and just go play high school one more year (aka Malik Newman Top 5 lottery pick in HS, goes to Miss St. and now isn't even considered first round, potentially losing several million dollars). So I could see kids doing this.

Now my prediction. The NBA determines it is one year from graduating and the let him remain in the draft.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Mon, Apr 4, 2016, at 8:37 AM
  • Didn't the NBA set this rule to keep out kids who aren't ready and to keep the NBA from being watered down with guys who really aren't NBA caliber players?

-- Posted by BIGELW on Mon, Apr 4, 2016, at 10:54 AM

That's definitely part of it, yeah. I've also always heard the current players didn't like the high school kids coming in and getting big contracts based on pretty much nothing, and in the CBA they wanted it structured differently.

But Maker definitely isn't NBA ready. 2 years in the D-league at a minimum. The unfortunate thing is Thon isn't the one making the decisions about his future. He is a away from his family, pulled out of Africa, rushed from high school to high school to high school each year, even to HS's out of the country, and now this.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Mon, Apr 4, 2016, at 11:05 AM

Thon has been seen as an Arizona St. lean for forever, because he's guardian is big buddies with their assistant coach. Thon even said he was leaning toward ASU. Well that assist's contract was not renewed today. Wow! So he had one job to get Thon on campus. That's just mind boggling.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Mon, Apr 4, 2016, at 12:47 PM
  • I thawt the rule was invoked to prevent SEMO bench players from jumping ship

-- Posted by cirithungol17 on Mon, Apr 4, 2016, at 6:06 PM

I haven't heard much on the SEMO one-and-done front.

Last week UK had a press conference and Murray will declare and sign with an agent. Skal had a press release yesterday and he will declare with an agent. UK has announced another mystery press conference today just like they did for Murray's. Got to think this is Ulis's goodbye. He will be leaving with his stock the highest. Pretty much everyone has him projected first round now, with some even in the teens. So we will see, but I think the press conference will be his announcement.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Wed, Apr 6, 2016, at 8:32 AM
  • Ulis and Murray could have some pretty early success I think. Especially Murray. Skal, I'm afraid will struggle some. But he certainly has a great deal of potential. I can see him being rated that high on potential alone.

-- Posted by IndianPride on Wed, Apr 6, 2016, at 1:50 PM
  • Skal pretty much sucked all year and didn't really show much improvement over the season so i just don't see him doing much when he couldn't even do anything in college. He was way overated coming out of high school and i really don't think his potential is that high.

-- Posted by BIGELW on Wed, Apr 6, 2016, at 2:19 PM
  • Got this from a Zou discussion in Stl PD, ya ever heard of these dudes Buck?

"Missouri has three scholarships available. They may use just two. They have to take a scholarship reduction for either this year's class or next year because of the self-imposed sanctions. Multiple outlets have reported that C.J. Jackson, a junior college guard from Florida, is visiting this weeks. Frankie Hughes, a HS guard from Cleveland, former Louisville commit, will also visit this weekend. The spring signing period begins April 13."

-- Posted by cirithungol17 on Fri, Apr 8, 2016, at 10:49 AM

Yeah Hughes. He's a good player would be a great pick up for Mizzou. He's teammates with Mizzou commit Willie Jackson. They are big buddies. That's interesting, he might be one to watch to go to Mizzou. I feel bad for Hughes because Louisville pretty much sent him packing with their Hookergate scholarship reductions. Not familiar with Jackson. Mizzou is still heavily involved with Corprew who I've mentioned several times. But if they are going after Hughes pretty hard, might mean no Corprew. And that might not make a difference, those two are probably interchangeable. And then they are recruiting a big man with the last name Dikembe or something like that. They really want a guard and a big guy. I think they will only use two of those scholarships.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Fri, Apr 8, 2016, at 10:59 AM

Hughes to Mizzou! Good pick up for you guys. I'm glad he landed in a good spot.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Sun, Apr 10, 2016, at 12:36 PM

Other than Hughes, some other recruiting stuff starting to pick up as the live period is opening, the late decision guys are going to have to pick schools soon, and AAU is getting in full swing.

No. 1 in nation Josh Jackson will announce today. Down between Kansas, Arizona and Mich. St. He plays ball I California but is from Michigan. He is going back home to announce, but will do so via twitter, leading me to believe it's either AZ or KU. I've seen him play 5 or 6 times. Best high school player I've seen (at the high school level).

Bolden is still down to Duke and UK as seen by many. I still believe it's Duke. And this weekends events seem to support that. Duke was over scholly limit, but their PG Thornton is transferring (whole other story), and David Robinson's son will come off scholarship and pay his way. So there's Bolden's scholarship.

Which means the other undecided 5 star Jarrett could come to UK. He is down to programs like UK, UNC, Texas and Houston. He's from Texas, and many believe it will be hard to get him out of the state. But Bolden going to Duke might help UK's chances. No time table on either's decisions.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Mon, Apr 11, 2016, at 10:06 AM

Josh Jackson committed to Kansas last night.

CJ Jackson who was mentioned as a Mizzou target committed to Ohio St. today. But that was pretty clear after the Hughes commitment.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Tue, Apr 12, 2016, at 9:29 AM

Thon Maker has been deemed as being one year removed from graduating high school and eligible for the NBA. Will enter draft and hire agent.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Thu, Apr 14, 2016, at 1:52 PM
  • What are the experts projecting as Mr Makers draft pick Buck? Perhaps the Lakers can draft him as another Kobe haha?

-- Posted by cirithungol17 on Thu, Apr 14, 2016, at 4:30 PM

Most have him in the 20's. But as far as I can tell they are just taking shots in the dark. If he turns into the next Kobe, I'll take you to Chubbys haha

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Thu, Apr 14, 2016, at 8:01 PM

Jordan Geist has committed to Missouri. JUCO all American PG. Guess Mizzou may try and use all 3 scholarships, because I still think they'd like a big man.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Fri, Apr 15, 2016, at 6:49 PM
  • From the Jordan Brand classic I can't wait to see Monk and Fox in Blue next year!!

-- Posted by IndianPride on Sat, Apr 16, 2016, at 11:10 AM

Me either! Co-MVPs of the game. And Bam could end up being better than both of them. He has Dwight Howard shoulders.

Bolden announcement should be any day. Was rumored to be last week at JBC. He was on ESPN with Giles and Tatum (would have been perfect time to announce for Duke). Then supposed to be yesterday, his birthday. Now sometime this week at his school. He's got the most Brett Favre decision making I've seen haha. I still think it's Duke. I think his family is really pushing Duke. If it's Duke, I think UK goes all in on Jarrett Allen and try's to get him out of Texas.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Mon, Apr 18, 2016, at 9:14 AM

Calipari surprise in home visit alert! Coach Cal has been hitting the recruiting trail hard the past couple of weeks. Probably seen a dozen players UK is recruiting. It was reported that he will be visiting with a guy in Florida today, but now it's being reported he will be visiting with 5 star SG John Petty in Alabama today. Petty has been seen as a heavy UK lean and his crystal ball is 99% UK. Could he be the first piece to fall into the 2017 recruiting class?

I've seen Petty play, his really good. Would be a great first piece.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Mon, Apr 18, 2016, at 11:03 AM

Big man Cheickna Dembele will take an official to Mizzou next weekend. He's the one I butchered his name a few posts up. Could be the last piece of Mizzou's recruiting class.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Tue, Apr 26, 2016, at 3:47 PM

Eron Gordon will be there that day too. Reminder he's the little brother of NBA's Eric Gordon

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Tue, Apr 26, 2016, at 6:28 PM
  • I don't always respond, but I always appreciate the info Buck!!

Keep it coming!!

-- Posted by IndianPride on Tue, Apr 26, 2016, at 11:13 PM

Oh thanks so much, appreciate it!

Even though people hate on AAU, now is definitely the most exciting recruiting time, when coaches are out the most, and when players get their star grades.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Wed, Apr 27, 2016, at 10:53 AM

I always like seeing which players choose anywhere but Kentucky!

Since Buck is the UK network correspondent!

I liked what someone said back a few weeks ago... He should start a UK of Die only thread!

Ready to see Bolden pick something other than Lexington and it looks like his family really wants Duke, but with the return of Jefferson on a medical redshirt he could try his luck beating out other freshman at UK. Looks like UK will have 5 or 6 that can play PF/C and Duke will have 5 so this could be close!

-- Posted by Kool-Aid (OH YEAHHH) on Wed, Apr 27, 2016, at 11:30 AM

Fair enough haha.

Yeah I'm ready for Bolden to pick as well. And it's not really the time of year thing, because often recruits will choose a school in May, it's the deadline thing. It seems like there have been so many deadlines around his recruitment that have been broken. I don't think he would have trouble carving out a starting spot on either team. Yeah I've heard he is better friends with UK's guys, but Mom likes Duke. I still think he goes to the Devils.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Wed, Apr 27, 2016, at 11:46 AM

Respond to this thread

Posting a comment requires free registration: