Scoreboard sponsored by rustmedia
- Southeast Missouri State football D-line weathers setbacks, shows improvement in training camp
- MISSOURIAN ROUNDUP: Perryville softball team cruises past Saxony
- After last week's rally, Sikeston can't afford to fall behind against Jackson
- SD: Prep Football Glance -- Week 3
- SD ROUNDUP: Sikeston tennis gets swept, Oran baseball edges Bloomfield
- Bartels' walk-off sends Jackson softball past rival Central in eight innings
- Football is life changing for Southeast Missouri State's game-changing, loyal McCullough
- Southeast Missouri State football preview: Offense
- MISSOURIAN ROUNDUP: Notre Dame golf wins tournament
- SD ROUNDUP: Kelly softball blanks Naylor, Caruthersville tennis earns first win over Sikeston
- Southeast Missouri State soccer freshman Hilliard selected OVC Defensive Player of the Week
- Sikeston pushes record to 6-1 after taking down Perryville
- After last week's rally, Sikeston can't afford to fall behind against JacksonSIKESTON -- Just two weeks into the season the Sikeston Bulldogs have shown that they have some grit and a determination to win. Facing a 12-0 deficit against Kennett last Saturday and a heat index topping out over 100 degrees, the Bulldogs not only found a way to rally back but they dominated the second half to win 22-12...
MISSOURIAN ROUNDUP: Perryville softball team cruises past SaxonyBrandi Huber allowed two hits in five innings of work, leading the Perryville softball team to a 14-3, five-inning win over host Saxony Lutheran on Wednesday. Huber allowed three unearned runs in the first inning. She struck out seven batters and walked six while helping herself at the plate with two doubles in a 3-for-5 outing...
SD: Prep Football Glance -- Week 3Charleston at Central Panthers Records: Charleston 0-2; Central 0-1 Series History: First-ever meeting Last Week: Charleston lost to Hayti 54-6; Central lost to Van-Far 48-6 Outlook: Charleston has lost 23 games in-a-row, the most consecutive losses in school history. ...
SD ROUNDUP: Sikeston tennis gets swept, Oran baseball edges BloomfieldFARMINGTON, Mo. -- The Sikeston tennis team was swept by Farmington on the road Wednesday. The Bulldogs drop to 0-5 and will host the Sikeston Invitational tournament today which includes Charleston, Kennett and Notre Dame. Farmington improved to 3-1...
- Southeast Missouri State football preview: OffenseThere's no question that the departure of Southeast's all-time leader in receiving touchdowns will have an effect on the offense this year, but the Redhawks are confident in the skill players who will pick up where Paul McRoberts left off. Tremane McCullough figures to be the centerpiece of the offense -- whether as a receiver or rusher -- after exploding onto the scene en route to being a first-team all-Ohio Valley Conference and All-Newcomer player...
Southeast Missouri State soccer freshman Hilliard selected OVC Defensive Player of the WeekSoutheast soccer Southeast Missouri State's Jasmin Hilliard has been named the Ohio Valley Conference Defensive Player of the Week after helping the Redhawks to back-to-back shutouts. Hilliard, a freshman out of Medina High School in Medina, Ohio, not only played all 190 minutes on defense last week but also contributed an assist on Maggie Pike's game-winning goal in the opening minutes against Wisconsin-Milwaukee in what turned out to be a 1-0 road victory...
Southeast Missouri State football preview: Defense
Roper Garrett leads Southeast Missouri State football defense with quiet intensityAsk Roper Garrett what he'd tell people who knew nothing about him -- except maybe that he is an exceptional inside linebacker at Southeast Missouri State -- and his answer tells you a lot. He doesn't take but a few seconds to answer, and while the response is poised, it doesn't sound rehearsed...
Community sports briefs (8/30/16)Connor Thrower won the Cape Jaycee Municipal Golf Course club championship on Sunday, finishing with a two-day score of 143. Thrower followed up a first-round 71 on Saturday with a 72 in the second round. He finished one stroke ahead of Mark Sissom, who totaled 144...
Community sports briefs (8/28/16)Jerry Grim of Cape Girardeau recorded his first career hole-in-one Friday at Cape Jaycee Municipal Golf Course. Grim used a 9-iron to ace No. 12, a par 3 playing 129 yards. Witnesses were Jerry Waddle, Rick Hamm and Bruce Robert. Tom Tindall finished with a net score of 66 to place first in the Point Series event at Dalhousie Golf Club...
Thrower cards ace at Cape Jaycee (8/24/16)Connor Thrower recorded a hole-in-one Tuesday at Cape Jaycee Municipal Golf Course. Thrower used a pitching wedge to ace No. 8, a par 3 playing 144 yards. Clayton Camp and Joe Thomas witnessed the shot. -- From staff report --...
Kimzey wins bull riding on final night of rodeo (8/14/16)SIKESTON -- Despite sporadic rain throughout Saturday that eventually delayed the night's concert, competitors enjoyed a dry arena to close out this year's Sikeston Jaycee Bootheel Rodeo. Sage Kimzey had the best bull ride of the week on Devil's Cut, an 87.5, winning the night and beating out Shane Proctorna's 85.5 second place ride. Eli Vastbinder ride earned 84 points , leaving him in third...
Sign up for our free newsletter
Enter your email address to sign up for the Semoball.com newsletter:
Cardinals escape 10-inning jam to nudge by Brewers again (8/31/16)MILWAUKEE -- Zach Duke stranded the bases loaded with a strikeout in the 10th inning after Randal Grichuk hit an RBI single in the top half of the inning, lifting the St. Louis Cardinals over the Milwaukee Brewers 2-1 on Tuesday night. Seung Hwan Oh (4-2) pitched out of a jam in the ninth to get the win. Duke got his first save with the Cardinals by entering to strike out pinch-hitter Manny Pina after Matt Bowman walked three batters...
Ninth-inning error allows Cards to slip past Brewers (8/30/16)MILWAUKEE -- Stephen Piscotty watched Jonathan Villar's throw skid past first base, then sprinted 180 feet to give the St. Louis Cardinals a victory. Piscotty scored on a throwing error in the ninth inning after Carlos Martinez struck out a career-high 13, leading the Cardinals over the Milwaukee Brewers 6-5 on Monday night...
Garcia gives up two homers and Cardinals fall again at home (8/29/16)ST. LOUIS -- Jaime Garcia's recent woes continued and so did the St. Louis Cardinals' season-long struggles at home. Garcia gave up a three-run homer to Stephen Vogt in the third, a two-run shot to Khris Davis in the first and the Cardinals lost 7-4 to the Oakland Athletics on Sunday...
|St. Louis Cardinals||70||62||.530||14.5|