Southeast Missouri State Sports Forum: Redhawks

Posted by jhs alumni on Sat, Sep 19, 2015, at 4:48 PM:

I just tuned in to the game and heard Dante is in the game and led them on a td drive. Was Bender benched, injured, or just trying to get Dante some experience?

Replies (8)

Bender was benched after an interception in the end zone that was returned 100 yards for a TD. I know SEMO came up short, but what a debut for Dante!! Give him the start next week.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Sat, Sep 19, 2015, at 5:32 PM
  • I don't know how he's not the starter next week. Excited that we may have found the piece to fill our biggest weakness.

-- Posted by lseed on Sat, Sep 19, 2015, at 5:54 PM
  • It sounded like Dante and McRoberts had pretty good chemistry at least that was the most targets Paul has gotten in any game. I like Bender and I think he will be successful this year if they go with him, but if they are that close I think they should go with Dante. That won't hurt to help fill the stands.

-- Posted by jhs alumni on Sat, Sep 19, 2015, at 6:09 PM

Even if Dante doesn't start next week, he will still get playing time against a pretty week D2 team, Shorter university. Was very, very impressed with Dante! 12-17 115 yards 1 TD 1 Int. 4 rushes for 28 yards. I think he would of got in on the 2 pt conversion if he would of tucked and ran it in.

-- Posted by cker23 on Sat, Sep 19, 2015, at 7:04 PM
  • I was excited for bender at the beginning of the season, but I talked to a friend at Iowa western and he said dont hold your breath. Like I guess it he just doesn't have "it" ya know? He'll string together some good plays then go flat. I just dont get it, and I thought the situation would be perfect for dante, get to practice, grow, learn behind a qb whose been around the block and has a similar playing style; same weapons. Didn't want him thrown to the wolves nor burnt out getting beat up, but hes a competitor point blank period and thats what semo needs at qb. Happy for him and wish him the best. They also have to have Jackson healthy.

The defense besides the few big plays, penalties, ejections have exceeded my expectations. Clean up the special teams and I think they could get on a roll through the ovc. I had high hopes at the beginning of the season and higher ones after siu. They are literally right at the break, and maybe dante is the piece to put them over that hump.

-- Posted by superunbiased on Sat, Sep 19, 2015, at 11:22 PM
  • Not that I didn't think dante wouldn't hold his own its just a big transition

-- Posted by superunbiased on Sat, Sep 19, 2015, at 11:24 PM

And Dante has been named the starter Saturday. Can't wait for the game!

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Mon, Sep 21, 2015, at 6:15 PM

Me either Buck! Its exciting. Kudos to Coach Tuke for recognizing local talent. That's one thing he said that he would stay true too and so far he's held his end of the bargain. Curious to see if in fact he does offer something to Kennett's Mr. Wilson. If he does, Edward would make a great all purpose guy. Returns and receiving for sure!! Dante will have this offense fired up and Paul McRoberts will start getting 9-12 receptions a game. Wonder how Jackson is? Tremaine stepped up big time Saturday.

-- Posted by cker23 on Mon, Sep 21, 2015, at 9:08 PM

Respond to this thread

Posting a comment requires free registration: