Posted by AllStateBasketWeaver on Tue, May 12, 2015, at 2:59 PM:

Too early?

Replies (17)

• LOL...literally, I laughed outloud!

-- Posted by s32j20s12 on Tue, May 12, 2015, at 4:44 PM
  • 1st recruit he brings in: 3* PF out of high school. When is the last time that happened at SEMO?

-- Posted by arich35 on Tue, May 12, 2015, at 5:12 PM

I believe Tyler Stone and Niņo Johnson were. Josh Langford was top 100 so probably 3 or maybe even 4.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Tue, May 12, 2015, at 10:02 PM

Stone was a Mizzou recruit and he transferred so that doesn't count.

-- Posted by Jolly Dump on Tue, May 12, 2015, at 11:15 PM

He just said there star level coming out of high school, and Stone was so that is why I put him.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Tue, May 12, 2015, at 11:32 PM
  • I meant he brought in a 3* from high school. Didn't get him as a transfer.

You might be right about Nino Johnson though.

-- Posted by arich35 on Tue, May 12, 2015, at 11:59 PM

Gotcha. I just thought you meant players who were 3 stars out of high school, not necessarily where they went first. Therefore Langford wouldn't qualify either. So I guess Nino would be the qualifier, a few recruiting services had him at 3 I believe. But I like Anderson's potential better already. Anyone who played at Oak Hill has game.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Wed, May 13, 2015, at 12:10 AM
  • Yeah, too bad Nino and Nutt never really worked well together. I am hoping Ray will be a good player developer and can really make something of this guy and Marcus Wallace (showed a lot of potential last year)

-- Posted by arich35 on Wed, May 13, 2015, at 12:38 AM

I'm banking on if anything, Ray is a player developer. I just hope he is able to show it. I believe he was well on his way to showing it at MSU put kept getting hammered by injuries to his best players that he was developing (as well as dismissals. I think he should be able to put together an OVC title competing team in a few years.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Wed, May 13, 2015, at 8:07 AM
  • Telvin Wilkerson was also a 3* recruit. Same year as Nino but obviously left after his freshman year.

-- Posted by Grussman on Wed, May 13, 2015, at 8:25 AM

So it seems that SEMO has had several 3 star guys, maybe they just didn't have the coach to get it done. Apparently SEMO felt that way.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Wed, May 13, 2015, at 9:19 AM
  • I have seen his individual workouts. Intense. I would definitely say from a development standpoint head and shoulders above where SEMO was.

-- Posted by Kdub102002 on Wed, May 13, 2015, at 11:44 AM

Not if you can develop players.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Wed, May 13, 2015, at 12:09 PM

Yeah those were the guys I'm talking about. I'm just saying SEMO had 3 star guys, but not as many as other programs. To compete with those programs you have to be able to develop those guys that you have better than other head coaches at other programs. Apparently SEMO felt that wasn't being done.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Wed, May 13, 2015, at 12:45 PM
  • Hey start your own thread, don't hi jack mine! This one is dedicated to the firing of Ray. He is winless at SEMO how long they gonna put up with this?

-- Posted by AllStateBasketWeaver on Thu, May 14, 2015, at 8:19 AM
  • Allstate you're correct. A zero in the win column doesn't look good. However does a 3-0 start to the season get you to jump on board?

Soo...who is this new assistant?

-- Posted by mailman2 on Thu, May 14, 2015, at 10:21 AM
  • Nutt wasn't getting the job done. Everyone was picking SEMO to win the division two years ago, I believe, and the team barely made the playoffs. Nutt simply lacked the ability to develop players and it was obvious.

-- Posted by exzalmanian on Thu, May 14, 2015, at 5:24 PM

Respond to this thread

Posting a comment requires free registration: