Posted by togbf on Thu, Jan 8, 2015, at 9:52 PM:

I've been a SE basketball season ticket holder since 1980 and have never been more disgusted or embarrassed for SE basketball. The lack of hustle, the poor attitude of the players, the team being so visibly out coached was obvious to most all fans who attended the game. Wonder why attendance has fallen steadily, why there are less season ticket holders and why booster club donations are down---look at your Basketball program. The technical fouls and flagrant foul at the end of the game reflect frustration but also reflect on a lack of control by our coach. I will not return to a game nor renew my tickets until a drastic change is made.

Replies (7)

Its very frustrating. To me the most frustrating thing is that SEMO has talent! It would be one thing if they didnt and they played poorly. But they have the ability! I agree they are not playing together as a team.

-- Posted by SportsMediaInformant on Fri, Jan 9, 2015, at 7:35 AM
  • Kids get technical and have poor attitudes all the time. That doesn't mean that the coach doesn't have control of the team. Now if kids were getting technicals throughout the season, then you have a lack of control. This is just pile on because of your frustration in the program. Sometimes teams just have really bad nights.

They just came off of two pretty good performances in losing a close one to Belmont who is dang good and then winning on Saturday. Granted last night was awful. I actually thought it was funny that more fans can't realize just how tough it is to even go to a place like Belmont and win. Playing them that competitively was a big time positive. You can't accept losing. But you also have to have enough sense to understand the entire situation. Everyone who thinks that SEMO should be at the top of the OVC here only a few years removed from being 3-27 doesn't understand college sports. What do you think that Murray State, Belmont, Morehead, Eastern Kentucky, etc, just stopped having a solid program and stopped recruiting? HAHA

Attendance was falling steadily before Nutt got here. Attendance will not increase unless they are consistently at the top of the OVC and are a threat to go to the NCAA's.

If you follow through on your threat to not attend another game you're not a true fan of SEMO. The kids and coaching staff are working everyday to get better.

-- Posted by ozzyandharriet on Fri, Jan 9, 2015, at 9:53 AM

Semo is not a threat to go the NCAAs with Nutt as the head coach. Another year and another 500% team. Same ole same ole.

-- Posted by Jolly Dump on Fri, Jan 9, 2015, at 1:29 PM
  • They do have some talent but if the coach doesn't know how to coach them then it doesn't matter. Semo just had a bad game? Lucky they had 2 starters out one being the leading scorer or it would've been worse. It's time to get rid of the used car salesman and get somebody who can actually coach a job.

-- Posted by BIGELW on Fri, Jan 9, 2015, at 3:57 PM
  • Jolly Dump-I agree with everything you have said. I just don't like pile on or kicking a guy when he's down. The talk about not having control was not warranted in my opinion.

Big-Try to pay attention to what I said. I said "sometimes teams just have really bad nights". That's not the same as saying "Semo just had a bad game" because the latter implies that Semo consistently wins.

-- Posted by ozzyandharriet on Fri, Jan 9, 2015, at 4:19 PM
  • Dickys job has been question on here for the last 3 years, and I've defended him up until now. I no longer have faith that he can do anything with the talent he brings in. He simply needs to be parted with and see if we can get some one who can give the program a shot in the arm. After the football hire I have full faith Alnutt can find the right guy. With that said I hope Nutt finishes out the year with a respectable run

-- Posted by Bill Shakespeare on Fri, Jan 9, 2015, at 7:57 PM
  • Morehead came to play and out hustled us. That should not happen on your home court. The free throw issue from last year has gone from bad to worse which makes you wonder if SEMO looks at that when they recruit. A very frustrating game to watch + a couple of our players were an embarrassment at the end of the game. I'm going the game tonight, but was seriously considering not to after their effort the other night.

-- Posted by SEMO72a on Sat, Jan 10, 2015, at 9:15 AM

Respond to this thread

Posting a comment requires free registration: