Southeast Missouri State Sports Forum: Show Me the Money #10

Posted by Webbpilot on Mon, Dec 1, 2014, at 10:56 AM:

I'm breaking my silence rule about commenting on specific kids but, "show me the money" taunt was in pour taste, and backfired. I was fortunate enough to have a sideline pass, and was close to the defense on the bench following the touchdown play in which #10 decided to taunt Webb with the "Show Me the money sign". I won't repeat anything I heard, and I think we all heard loud and clear Webbs response from that point on!

Replies (9)

• Does it all the time. If you think he did it just for you, you're just a bunch of arrogant pricks.

The fact that you won a state championship and even care confirms that you are a bunch of arrogants pricks.

Webb City-Executive Rulers on what is or isn't classy.

And technically the first thing webb did in response to that was give up another touchdown, so ya you showed em.

-- Posted by Bill Shakespeare on Mon, Dec 1, 2014, at 11:25 AM
  • Yea they did show them when they won it AGAIN.

-- Posted by BIGELW on Mon, Dec 1, 2014, at 12:24 PM
  • I must say, reading other forums on other sites that Shakespeare is right on, they are arrogant.

(And I'm not from the Cape area.)

-- Posted by bunthimover on Mon, Dec 1, 2014, at 12:27 PM
  • The player did not taunt Webb, he showed the money sign going back to his bench. What's worse than a sore looser is a over joyless bragging winner. I hope the Webb posters on here don't reflect how the rest of the Webb fan base is.

-- Posted by bunthimover on Mon, Dec 1, 2014, at 12:44 PM
  • Bill S you seem a little bitter today.

-- Posted by heshootshescores on Mon, Dec 1, 2014, at 3:21 PM
  • That's just proof that there are educated idiots in this world. And I'm not talking about the kid, Billy Shakes.

-- Posted by jwhitlock on Mon, Dec 1, 2014, at 4:43 PM

I prefer to call people Richard Craniums or P. Ricks.

-- Posted by Jolly Dump on Tue, Dec 2, 2014, at 9:56 AM
  • I watched the game on TV and yes, I cringed a little after he scored. But then again, this is a 17 or 18 year old kid playing in a once in a lifetime game in a pro stadium, who just took the lead against a nationally ranked team that everyone predicted would win 50+ to nothing. I'll cut him major slack for that. I was bothered however, by the one (there may have been another) personal foul he was called for near the end of the game. Suffice it to say, emotions run high in these game and even the best of us (at any age) don't always exercise perfect judgment. Central did themselves proud and I congratulate them on their season.

-- Posted by MortCooper42 on Wed, Dec 3, 2014, at 9:01 PM
  • That hand gesture as nothing to do with money, but the gesture is represents a Brand which is called Topszn, so get your facts right before you talk about someone.

-- Posted by CapeTiger4 on Fri, Dec 5, 2014, at 8:47 PM

Respond to this thread

Posting a comment requires free registration: