Posted by Billikenfan on Sat, Feb 22, 2014, at 7:09 PM:

BECAUSE YOU ALL CARE, here's the channel lineup for Fox Sports Midwest Plus on different systems:

Consolidated: 181

DirecTV: 675 (HD 675-1)

Dish: 449 (HD 9519, Hopper 412-37)

Fidelity-Rolla, Sullivan: 68 or 72 (or check local lineup)

HomeTel: 100-1 (HD 196)

Madison: 26

Mediacom-Columbia/Jefferson City, Springfield: 126

New Wave: 16 (or check local lineup)

Poplar Bluff: 2

Suddenlink-Boonville: 59

Replies

• I just got back from the game, actually. Good win.

What channel was it on in your parents' basement?

-- Posted by Aussie Aussie Aussie on Sat, Feb 22, 2014, at 10:53 PM
  • Did SLU play tonight? I was watching Syracuse and Duke go down to the wire!

Now those are two teams worthy of a top ten ranking!!

-- Posted by IndianPride on Sat, Feb 22, 2014, at 11:21 PM
  • Wow, now that's expert insight on your part there PRIDE! How long did it take you to figure out that #1 and #5 were both worthy of a top 10 ranking?

-- Posted by Billikenfan on Sat, Feb 22, 2014, at 11:28 PM
  • BTW Aussie, it's a pretty sweet setup. I have my very own 42" flatscreen, laptop, SI Swimsuit issues from '99 to present, and I get the station wagon every other saturday night.

-- Posted by Billikenfan on Sat, Feb 22, 2014, at 11:30 PM
  • I just looked up sarcasm. It showed a picture of Slu with #10 by their name.

-- Posted by IndianPride on Sat, Feb 22, 2014, at 11:47 PM
  • I looked up some very unflattering words and there was a picture of IndianPride. Go figure lol

-- Posted by exzalmanian on Sun, Feb 23, 2014, at 1:18 AM
  • What did SLU do to deserve to be hated on, besides win? If they are overrated, then so are a lot of other teams!

-- Posted by whitey11 on Sun, Feb 23, 2014, at 8:16 AM
  • Just messin with the guy whos been obsessed with trying to get everyone to love SLU as much as he does and hate Dickey Nutt as much as he does. Its getting old.

-- Posted by IndianPride on Sun, Feb 23, 2014, at 9:44 AM
  • Personally I'm happy SLU is doing well. I just don't need him telling me that I should be.

-- Posted by IndianPride on Sun, Feb 23, 2014, at 9:46 AM
  • Now the sarcasm comment---I liked.

-- Posted by Billikenfan on Sun, Feb 23, 2014, at 10:31 AM
  • And for the record I don't HATE Dickey Nutt. I hate his (lack of) coaching ability.

-- Posted by Billikenfan on Sun, Feb 23, 2014, at 10:34 AM
  • SLU are a very well-coached team. However, shooting 60% from the FT line isn't going to allow them to go deep in March.

I would suspect they're each shooting 500+ FTs in practice right now.

-- Posted by Aussie Aussie Aussie on Sun, Feb 23, 2014, at 2:07 PM
  • Aussie, I agree 100%. I've always felt they could improve on the free throw percentage (seems like it has been like this in a lot of programs over the past decade or so). SLU has been at risk of losing some of these conference games down the stretch, mainly based on their poor free throw percentage. I would hate to think that this will be their undoing in the tournament, but I believe it was the late great Charlie Spoonhour who once said "free throws don't win all of the games, but they win the close ones".

-- Posted by Billikenfan on Sun, Feb 23, 2014, at 5:53 PM
  • I think it was Bobby Knight who said he would stop practice on the spur of the moment and pick someone to shoot free throws in order to simulate game pressure if they missed---EVERYONE had to run laps.

-- Posted by Billikenfan on Sun, Feb 23, 2014, at 5:56 PM

Looks like SLU will be 11 and UK will be 12, we're coming for you guys haha!

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Sun, Feb 23, 2014, at 7:39 PM
  • That would be fitting for SLU to win against what most experts believe is a tournament team in George Washington---and lose a spot in the rankings! No respect.

-- Posted by Billikenfan on Sun, Feb 23, 2014, at 9:35 PM
  • There were some close calls in the top 25, along with some losses from teams above them. We'll see. I would think they would move up a spot but who knows.

-- Posted by Billikenfan on Sun, Feb 23, 2014, at 9:36 PM

Well Lville got a good win and will jump you guys. I don't see Cincy falling past y'all, prolly 9-10 , so yeah I bet your right, it sucks but I see SLU losing a spot. Duke lost but will move up because of Syracuse win. And Syracuse won't fall but like to the 4-6 range.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Sun, Feb 23, 2014, at 9:44 PM
  • Is SLU part of "Southeast Missouri State" now?? I had no idea.

-- Posted by arich35 on Sun, Feb 23, 2014, at 10:38 PM
  • Seriously. Has this game been played or when will it happen?

-- Posted by IndianPride on Sun, Feb 23, 2014, at 10:49 PM

Yes I believe it's been played Indian and SLU won.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Sun, Feb 23, 2014, at 11:00 PM
  • Thank you Buck.

-- Posted by IndianPride on Sun, Feb 23, 2014, at 11:52 PM

Respond to this thread

Posting a comment requires free registration: