Southeast Missouri State Sports Forum: Wow, not much being said about the SEMO-UTM game

Posted by Billikenfan on Wed, Feb 12, 2014, at 9:47 AM:

I swear I read a article a day ago about the SEMO-UTM game tonight, but I don't seem to be able to find it. Maybe Nutt requested it be removed? Maybe Nutt had a chance to read it and it finally hit home with him---he was giving away his strategy to beat UTM! How in the world could he give away his secret strategy like that for all to see??

STOP UTM.."we need to keep their top 3 scorers from having career nights"...

So that's it coach? That's your plan? Plus, it only took you about 25 games to realize that every layup, free throw, and turnover is big? Only 25 games to realize you need to actually STOP someone from scoring? What a great X's and O's coach this guy is...

Replies (14)

• Let's calm a bit until at least after the game. No coach is going to give a specific game plan to the media and will speak in generalities. I am disappointed as anyone with this season so far, but we can't be jumping on what the coach tells a small town newspaper where coverage has been lacking.

-- Posted by SEMO72a on Wed, Feb 12, 2014, at 10:05 AM
  • Two worst defenses in the ovc. Could be a high scoring game!

-- Posted by 7plus1 on Wed, Feb 12, 2014, at 11:47 AM
  • I'm watching it tonight! I can't decide what would be better though---seeing Nutt lose to 2-9 UTM at home and hopefully help seal his fate for the upcoming season, or see SEMO win and keep their slim hopes alive. If they don't win the OVC tournament it really does no good to make the conf tournament and I would rather see him GONE...not wishing ill-will toward SEMO.

-- Posted by Billikenfan on Wed, Feb 12, 2014, at 11:55 AM
  • If all you are hoping for is to make the conference tournament after being picked to win the division, I think you are settling for mediocrity at best.

-- Posted by Billikenfan on Wed, Feb 12, 2014, at 3:52 PM

Going to the game tonight, will be big crowd, better not f this one up

-- Posted by Bill Shakespeare on Wed, Feb 12, 2014, at 4:35 PM
  • Hope you see a good game. CBS sports network...would be nice to see a full house.

-- Posted by Billikenfan on Wed, Feb 12, 2014, at 4:59 PM

That's the season folks. See y'all next year!

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Wed, Feb 12, 2014, at 8:06 PM
  • If ever there was a game that needed good on-the-court coaching, this was it. Did not see any good coaching tonight. That translated to mistakes on the court. How lame to dribble the ball off of your own foot at this point in the season...

-- Posted by ClarenceTheCat on Wed, Feb 12, 2014, at 8:15 PM

If anyone thinks that Nutt is a worthy point guard after this game they're either A. F***ing Retarded or B. F***ing Retarded

I watched the worst team in the OVC play tonight and I don't know what color jersey they had on.

-- Posted by Bill Shakespeare on Wed, Feb 12, 2014, at 8:20 PM
  • Flipping channels, I passed this on TV-- watched for a few dreadful minutes..

What was there; 500 people in attendance!!

WOW!! Looked empty on TV

-- Posted by baseballguy on Wed, Feb 12, 2014, at 9:13 PM
  • Yeah I think I counted about 156 people other than students...for a national tv game! What a great job by Coach Nutt to build a home court advantage and create a thrilling atmosphere over your tenure here. Another .500 or sub .500 season. Even without Bradley for 90% of the game, you still have Stone--plus you are at home, playing a team with 19 losses and 2-9 in conference. There is no excuse for this loss. NONE.

-- Posted by Billikenfan on Wed, Feb 12, 2014, at 9:39 PM
  • Semo72a

C'mon man, do you seriously think ANYONE really believes a coach will give away their gameplan? NO, I was just trying to make a point that Nutt says the most stupid and idiotic statements about waht the team needs or needs to do.

AND EVEN IF HE CLEARLY SPELLED OUT WHAT HE WANTED TO DO AND HOW TO DO IT---HE WOULDN'T BE ABLE TO COACH ANYONE ENOUGH TO PULL IT OFF.

-- Posted by Billikenfan on Thu, Feb 13, 2014, at 8:24 AM
  • only saw the 2nd half on TV but disappointed that SEMO couldn't beat this team especially when they still had a chance to make the tournament. didn't see a whole lot of enthusiasm from the players and the group of fans you couldn't hear any cheers. not sure who the announcer was on TV but he kept trying to give coach nutt a pass on this year saying he has done such a good job with all the injuries, wasn't quite sure what he was talking about.

-- Posted by runner50 on Thu, Feb 13, 2014, at 8:39 AM
  • Well, they are still in the hunt. EIU has their last 4 conference games on the road, and has lost the first 2, and now have Belmont (a sure loss), and SIUE. This will open things up for some teams to get the last spot. If SEMO fails to take advantage of this, then it's just another reason to cut ties.

-- Posted by Billikenfan on Sun, Feb 16, 2014, at 6:44 PM

Respond to this thread

Posting a comment requires free registration: