Posted by ClarenceTheCat on Tue, Jan 28, 2014, at 4:01 PM:

Rumors and hopes over Coach Tom Matukewicz are starting to surface. Players like some of the rearrangement of practice timings. Players seem to like the new coaching staff so far. Rumors of 'increased discipline' are a good thing, if true. Anybody hear anything else?

Replies (13)

• All true, Coach Tuke is holding the boys hands to the fire, but they seem to embrace the higher expectations. It goes without saying, the team wants to win. I am waiting to see if the training program is going to change.

-- Posted by Semoontherise on Thu, Jan 30, 2014, at 12:19 PM

Heard he's already been out recruiting local talent. I like that. I never personally saw Samuel at a local basketball game.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Thu, Jan 30, 2014, at 1:09 PM

Yeah you prolly didn't see him at to many basketball games buck

-- Posted by formerposterchild on Fri, Jan 31, 2014, at 6:33 PM

Nope not a single one. Seen where Tuke has been at a lot. I like that.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Fri, Jan 31, 2014, at 9:05 PM

Well if he has already been to "a lot" then he is already in trouble because a head coach is allowed only a few visits.

-- Posted by NewTigerFan on Sat, Feb 1, 2014, at 9:37 AM

He wouldn't be visiting with anyone. Anyone can attend a high school basketball game to watch players.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Sat, Feb 1, 2014, at 11:51 AM
  • Pretty good recruiting class for a start. Like Monroe, Cooper, Fallert, the Michels, Wright, Pickler, McCrary, and Brown. Hope all the new recruits arrive and settle-in fast.

-- Posted by ClarenceTheCat on Wed, Feb 12, 2014, at 8:11 PM
  • See where they announced a 12 month program. Must have finally got the funds to feed an house these kids over the summer. After consistently losing it is finally realized this is a must to even be on the same playing level. I'm sure Mr Alnutt knew this an made this happen. It's too bad Billings an Coach Sam were the ones who had to sacrifice

-- Posted by semofan2 on Sun, Feb 16, 2014, at 7:40 AM
  • "Failure in the classroom creates failure on the field. Only smart players win championships."

-- Posted by ClarenceTheCat on Thu, Apr 10, 2014, at 8:20 PM
  • Now what ?

-- Posted by m33d on Sun, Oct 18, 2015, at 12:26 AM
  • Can't really make many judgments right now. He is still putting the Redhawks in the right direction. Like he said when he got here; year 3 and 4 are really when they should start competing at a higher level.

-- Posted by arich35 on Sun, Oct 18, 2015, at 12:16 PM

Do you see this team competing without McRoberts next year?

-- Posted by NewTigerFan on Mon, Oct 19, 2015, at 12:03 AM
  • Yes, they will compete next year because they are building more depth. Having McRoberts is great, no doubt, but having more weapons that have decent talent (albeit not necessarily "extraordinary, like PMac) will bode well for SEMO. They need depth to be able to absorb some injuries and give Vandeven multiple targets so defenses can't key so much. This is a 3-4 year project for sure.

-- Posted by Grussman on Mon, Oct 19, 2015, at 7:48 AM

Respond to this thread

Posting a comment requires free registration: