Southeast Missouri State Sports Forum: Kudos to Kony & Mizzou

Posted by indian73 on Sat, Jan 4, 2014, at 10:24 AM:

Congrats to NMCC graduate Kony Ealy & his Mizzou Tigers following Cotton Bowl victory and 12th win of season. Kony had 2 sacks to run his season total to 9 1/2 along with several tackles. Kony was chosen 1st team all-sec DE...great acheivment in best conference in country. Kony has been projected by some to be 1st round 2014 NFL draft pick if he decides to forgo Sr.Season. Whatever his decision the future looks bright for former NMCC star.

Replies (18)

Kony has signed with Andy Ross of Octagon. He has represented other Mizzou players in the past such as William Moore.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Sun, Jan 5, 2014, at 12:21 PM
  • He'll be the 7th Mizzou 1st round pick in the last 8 years.

-- Posted by Champ Kind on Sun, Jan 5, 2014, at 1:24 PM

Couple articles about Kony:

First one is his Sacks For Sierra article, some of you may have read it but it's worth a reread.

http://mizzoumag.missouri.edu/2013/08/sacks-for-sierra/

This one is a draft Bleacher Report one:

http://m.bleacherreport.com/articles/1910703-kony-ealy-officially-announces-he-w...

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Mon, Jan 6, 2014, at 12:05 AM
  • Wish him the best! Love to see player from semoball area make it!

-- Posted by Hatershate on Mon, Jan 6, 2014, at 8:35 PM

Matt Miller the guy that wrote the Bleacher Report article I posted said that Kony tracked down his phone number and called him to thank him for taking the time to watch him play and write on him. He talked about how classy that was, and that no player has ever done that before. Very classy Kony, keep making Southeast Missouri proud!

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Tue, Jan 7, 2014, at 11:06 AM

Henry Josey just announced he is headed to the draft. Good luck to him

-- Posted by Bunk on Tue, Jan 7, 2014, at 2:07 PM

Was that expected Bunk!?

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Tue, Jan 7, 2014, at 2:38 PM

Not really. He had a weird Instagram before the Cotton Bowl about this being the last time and he backed off that as a draft announcement saying he was referring to playing with his draft class. It's a surprise but it shouldn't be. He was never supposed to bounce back and be this good and now that the nfl is a viable option again I imagine that it is imperative he take it and not risk another injury

-- Posted by Bunk on Tue, Jan 7, 2014, at 2:49 PM

Kony is in Atlanta for his first day of prep workouts for the Combine.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Tue, Jan 14, 2014, at 8:39 AM

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl-mock-draft/2014/1/13/5302134/2014-nfl-mock-draft-bla...

Here's another link to a mock draft that has my guy Kony "The Stallion" Ealy going #6 to the Atlanta Falcons.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Tue, Jan 14, 2014, at 12:32 PM

Still seeing a lot of stuff from the Cowboys on Kony. Everything from hearing the cowboys were watching him last year, lots of cowboys reporters looking at him and writing about him, his dad said the cowboys were looking at him, and the pictures and discussions Kony had with Demarcus Ware. You gotta think the Cowboys are high on him.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Tue, Jan 14, 2014, at 12:40 PM

#Salute

-- Posted by EggShady2014 on Tue, Jan 14, 2014, at 4:26 PM
  • As a die hard Cowboy fan and Mizzou fan, I hope Kony goes before the Cowboys can get him. It's a dumster fire in Dallas.

-- Posted by Champ Kind on Tue, Jan 14, 2014, at 6:16 PM

Unless Kony is converting to CB Dallas needs to pass on him

-- Posted by Bunk on Tue, Jan 14, 2014, at 7:57 PM
  • Dallas is in desperate need of a pass rush Bunk, desperate desperate need. But like I said, for Kony's sake I hope he goes before then.

-- Posted by Champ Kind on Tue, Jan 14, 2014, at 9:31 PM

That's very true guys!

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Tue, Jan 14, 2014, at 9:33 PM

To be fair Dallas was the 32 ranked defense in all of football. They need a lot of everything. They have Demarcus Ware and Anthony Spencer if they can stay healthy with MLB Sean Lee that defense is suddenly average and still hurting for safety help.

-- Posted by Bunk on Wed, Jan 15, 2014, at 12:46 AM
  • They mostly just need health. 2 years in a row they've been callin up people off their couch to come play on defense. Ware is on the backside of his career and is getting hurt a lot. Spencer, also injuries. Doesn't look like Lee will be able to stay healthy for a full year. But if I'm the Cowboys it all starts up front. I don't care how good your safety's and corners are, if you have no pass rush you will get eat alive in the NFL. That's why I'd draft a pass rusher 1st pick.

-- Posted by Champ Kind on Wed, Jan 15, 2014, at 8:15 AM

Respond to this thread

Posting a comment requires free registration: