Southeast Missouri State Sports Forum: What's Semo gonna do in the tourney?

Posted by Ur on Tue, Mar 5, 2013, at 10:12 PM:

I'm hoping we can ride this hot streak and get that OVC title this year.

Replies (13)

Pick another year.

-- Posted by Counter Top on Tue, Mar 5, 2013, at 11:56 PM
  • They're definitely getting hot at the right time. But postseason basketball is a whole different animal. Definitely pulling for 'em though

-- Posted by grizzfan93 on Wed, Mar 6, 2013, at 6:02 PM
  • I think we will get to the Semi's. Then we wont have enough in the tank to beat Murray again

-- Posted by arich35 on Wed, Mar 6, 2013, at 11:24 PM
  • I think theyll get whooped by 15 in the OVC quarterfinals.

-- Posted by TerryHicks4President on Thu, Mar 7, 2013, at 10:37 PM
  • They lost their mojo tonight. Could not make an outside shot. EKU was beatable but not when you shoot less than 10% from the three point line. They were clearly as good as EKU but did not perform to their potential.

-- Posted by citizen cyborg on Thu, Mar 7, 2013, at 10:52 PM
  • we let a 6'8 sloth dominate the paint against for the second time in as many games

-- Posted by ThayerPops on Fri, Mar 8, 2013, at 12:20 AM

^^^^^ haha too true. I was about to throw up hearing the name Stuts too many times

-- Posted by Bill Shakespeare on Fri, Mar 8, 2013, at 9:58 AM
  • Well Semo is better than they have been in a long time but they are right on for Nutts career.

-- Posted by BIGELW on Fri, Mar 8, 2013, at 6:41 PM

Nutt's always been the guy who can rebuild a down program, but he's never been the guy to get his team(s) to the next level.

-- Posted by Jolly Dump on Mon, Mar 11, 2013, at 10:55 PM
  • Regardless of SEMO or Nutt's past, improvement is occurring. I choose to offer support and encouragement. I am rooting for them to succeed. If mediocrity becomes a pattern then re-evaluate then but not before.

-- Posted by Grussman on Wed, Mar 13, 2013, at 11:25 AM

I totally agree Grussman

-- Posted by Sonic-The-Hedgehog on Thu, Mar 14, 2013, at 12:17 AM

2 years of .500 ball, how many more years would you consider a pattern?

-- Posted by Jolly Dump on Fri, Mar 15, 2013, at 2:35 PM
  • JD: I would say if they're not at 20+ wins next year (regular season) then it's beginning to be a pattern. The combination of returning starters plus a couple of potential high impact transfers should result in another bigger step forward barring injury issues. But for now there are too many measurable improvements in several statistical categories to throw in the towel just yet.

-- Posted by Grussman on Sat, Mar 16, 2013, at 10:56 AM

Respond to this thread

Posting a comment requires free registration: