SEMO..make a move for Michael Dixon

Posted by uk2k on Fri, Nov 30, 2012, at 11:59 AM:

No major college programs are going to look at Dixon after the 2 allegations of rape. With him leaving Mizzou this week and being a Missouri kid, how fitting would it be for him to get a second chance at a mid major school on the rise in his home state?

Replies (37)

• Wow! Now that would be awesome! I don't see it happening, but I would LOVE it!

-- Posted by Rocket689 on Sat, Dec 1, 2012, at 11:22 AM
  • I read where Kansas wants him and there is probably a long list of teams that would take him.

-- Posted by BIGELW on Sat, Dec 1, 2012, at 12:13 PM

I heard Duke has already offered him a full ride and offered to pay any and all day to day expenses!!!

-- Posted by BillShakespeare on Sat, Dec 1, 2012, at 1:08 PM
  • Dixon is a true pg..with mizzou having Phil, Dixon obviously is not gonna run the point over him..he would be a night and day improvent over Nutt though

-- Posted by uk2k on Sat, Dec 1, 2012, at 2:17 PM
  • I don't think you want a guy with that background on your team

-- Posted by Thot McGee on Sat, Dec 1, 2012, at 2:52 PM
  • uk2k, Dixon is not a PG, he's a 2 Guard. Have you ever seen him play before?

-- Posted by TerryHicks4President on Sat, Dec 1, 2012, at 4:31 PM
  • The piece of trash shouldn't be allowed back in college basketball. What a joke.

-- Posted by 7plus1 on Sat, Dec 1, 2012, at 5:05 PM
  • Dixon's true position is PG..look it up..i am well aware he plays 2 gaurd..the only reason for this is because Phil is arguably the nations top pg and Dixon is capable of playing the 2 and too valuable to keep on the bench. Have you ever noticed who runs the point while Phil is out..Dixon..

-- Posted by uk2k on Sat, Dec 1, 2012, at 7:13 PM
  • http://espn.go.com/college-sports/basketball/recruiting/player/_/id/44174/michae...

coming out of high school he was rated the number 17 point guard in the nation

also if you ever look at his projected NBA position he is listed as a pg prospect

Terry Hicks..don't try and pull the "have you ever seen him play before" question..obviously know more about him than you do

-- Posted by uk2k on Sat, Dec 1, 2012, at 7:24 PM
  • http://www.hoopsworld.com/nba-draft/top-100-nba-draft-prospects/

he was projected to be the 90th pick in the draft and listed as a PG before the season

-- Posted by uk2k on Sat, Dec 1, 2012, at 7:27 PM
  • I dont give a rip what people say he is on a piece of paper or a website. The kid is a scorer, he looks for his shot everytime he gets the ball before he does anything else, that is not a Point Guard.

-- Posted by TerryHicks4President on Sat, Dec 1, 2012, at 9:55 PM
  • what was Iverson? he was listed as a pg on paper..looked for a shot every time he got the ball..the simple fact this: he never ran the point because he has a team mate who was better than him (Pressy)

-- Posted by uk2k on Sun, Dec 2, 2012, at 1:24 AM
  • regardless he is a true pg..

-- Posted by uk2k on Sun, Dec 2, 2012, at 1:24 AM

There are different ways to play any position some point guards look to pass first others look to score.. but really the main thing is that he was a pg in highschool at lee summit west. He has been the backup pg since he arrived at mizzou behind zaire*? Taylor and now phil. He would definitly help semo if he transferred because he is versital and can definitly play both the 1 and the 2 guard positions. The 1 for his ballhandling and the 2 for his scoring ability... It really would be a big pickup for semo and would definitly make them the favorite next year in the ovc assuming he gets redshirted

-- Posted by Sonic-The-Hedgehog on Sun, Dec 2, 2012, at 1:26 AM
  • couldnt have said it any better

-- Posted by uk2k on Sun, Dec 2, 2012, at 1:31 AM
  • I'll put it this way, in a BCS conference at top 25 program he was not a good point guard. He was a great 2, but not a point. He dribbled way too much and made way too many bone head plays when he was trying to run an offense. When he was on the wing, he played great. Most games he was the spark on offense that got them going. Now at Semo, yea he would be a great point guard. And of course he would be a huge upgrade at the 1, my goodness I could find someone off the street in Cape that would be a huge upgrade at Point for Semo.

-- Posted by TerryHicks4President on Sun, Dec 2, 2012, at 3:07 AM
  • I am one of the few thats thinks Lucas is a good pg..he manages the game and doesnt turn the ball over..you know what your getting every game..he knows his role..however it would be nice to have a pg that is a true impact player

-- Posted by uk2k on Sun, Dec 2, 2012, at 2:34 PM
  • I agree with you about Lucas, he's not bad, but he isn't very good either. Most games he wont hurt you, and most games he wont help you either. In almost every game I have watched Semo play I never even notice he is on the floor, and look back at the box score and he played 30 minutes. One way you can look at it is, well its good you didnt notice him because he wasnt making mistakes but you also didnt notice him because he didnt do anything to help. You can get away with a player like Lucas at the point if you have really good wings.

-- Posted by TerryHicks4President on Sun, Dec 2, 2012, at 7:32 PM
  • Dixon's no doubt a good player but I think it's too risky. You have to ask yourself how it might disrupt the chemistry that looks like is being built with the current roster. Who knows how the rape thing is going to pan out (another major disruption if he plays awhile and then gets sidelined by legal stuff). Plus he's one and done since he's a senior. Sure, you could red shirt him but if there's anything to the charges (hopefully not) he'd be wise to play NOW and not take a chance of never playing again college. I just don't think it's a good idea unless you have absolutely nothing to lose and SEMO is now at a point where they actually have something to lose (a good thing!). Hang with Lucas and once he's eligible get Reese experience and minutes and keep building this thing. No need for the drama of Dixon.

-- Posted by Grussman on Mon, Dec 3, 2012, at 10:30 AM
  • Dixon would be an upgrade for most of the college teams in the nation. Having said that, what kind of person do you bring to your program? Rape is a very serious allegation. If I was in a position of power at a school, which I'm not, I think you stay away until the truth comes out. That's a very dark cloud that I wouldn't want to hang over my program. Kids/young adults aren't the most mentally tough people anyway.

I FOUND MY SPECIAL PURPOSE!!!

-- Posted by navinjohnson on Mon, Dec 3, 2012, at 10:35 AM

Don't put down Dixon. We don't know if it's a true crime or orchestrated crime (made up). That's what happens when the MEDIA gits involved and once they git involved, depending on the situation, you are always looked upon in a different light. Especially when it's bad press. He could be guilty, but.......what if he's not? Prayers to the victims/liars & innocent/guilty.

-- Posted by 11TIMEST.CHMPS@BLUEJAYS on Mon, Dec 3, 2012, at 11:17 AM

TV IS ALL ABOUT RATINGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

-- Posted by 11TIMEST.CHMPS@BLUEJAYS on Mon, Dec 3, 2012, at 11:18 AM
  • it is an absolute fact he raped that girl in 2010.. do you not read anything LUbluetigers

-- Posted by Thot McGee on Mon, Dec 3, 2012, at 2:53 PM

He was also most likely expelled, or at least severely disciplined, by the MU Student Conduct Committee, pending appeal to Chancellor Deaton. This goes on his transcript and will make it hard for him to get into school, anywhere. This is also information that will be hard to come by because of FERPA, which protects release of personal academic records to the public without approval of the student.

For some thrilling reading about FERPA:

http://www2.ed.gov/policy/gen/guid/fpco/ferpa/students.html

-- Posted by nimbus on Mon, Dec 3, 2012, at 3:46 PM
  • I mean if this were the first time we had ever heard of anything like this, then I might agree with you Blue.

-- Posted by 7plus1 on Mon, Dec 3, 2012, at 5:41 PM
  • For 1 dollar I'll guess your height, weight, or your sex.

-- Posted by TerryHicks4President on Mon, Dec 3, 2012, at 10:48 PM

@ SPORTSNERD.....yes, I read a lot and I have never ran across any article saying DIXON was convicted or charged with rape. I can't imagine that i missed that. I read the Standard Democrat, Southeast Missourian, St. Louis Dispatch, USA Today, and Sports Illustrated, and I never saw that article. Where's the proof puddin????

-- Posted by 11TIMEST.CHMPS@BLUEJAYS on Tue, Dec 4, 2012, at 8:35 AM

@sportsnerd....oh,also the internet. Don't defile a man you have never met.

-- Posted by 11TIMEST.CHMPS@BLUEJAYS on Tue, Dec 4, 2012, at 8:36 AM
  • the paper I read said that the first girl went to the hospital and it was determined she was raped but that she didn't press charges bc he threatened her and she was scared what would happen

-- Posted by Thot McGee on Tue, Dec 4, 2012, at 8:44 AM
  • Why would SEMO want a rapist??

-- Posted by SikestonBaller21 on Tue, Dec 4, 2012, at 9:41 AM

I broke my arm last week, hospital determined it was broke. Im not pressing charges on sportsnerd because he threatened to break the other one :'( hes a assaulting monster who should be locked up.

Oh wait. NONE of that happened, and it only took me 30 seconds to think of and type.. Not saying he didnt do this or that, just saying it wouldnt be unheard of for someone to falsely accuse rape.

*Cough* Big Ben. *Continues cough* Kobe. *Continues the Continued Cough* Oh wait Kobe did rape*

-- Posted by BillShakespeare on Tue, Dec 4, 2012, at 9:47 AM

If this is true it must have been a "legitimate rape"otherwise she'd be pregnant right?

-- Posted by Sonic-The-Hedgehog on Tue, Dec 4, 2012, at 12:32 PM
  • bill's quite the moron, he obviously guilty else he would've fought harder for himself an now he's gonna be a professional Slovakian pro player making $60,000 a year.

-- Posted by Thot McGee on Tue, Dec 4, 2012, at 2:49 PM
  • I don't know enough about this story to comment on whether he is innocent or guilty. But I have heard of plenty of stories of women falsely accusing of rape. Don't kid yourself. They know how powerful the words "rape" and "sexual assault" are and they know it can destroy a person. Yes, there are women that are devious enough to do this. It has been done. And it will continue to be done. Did that happen with Dixon? I have no idea. But I would stop short of the name-calling like "rapist" until he is proven guilty. Because you are destroying a person with those words and he may be as innocent as you or me. Nobody really knows what happened, if anything.

Having said that, if there isn't enough evidence to charge him, then that's enough for me if I'm Dickey Nutt. Get this guy at SEMO and you'll have a dandy guard for a year. Anybody remember Rolan Roberts at SIU? He was involved in something bad at Virginia Tech and was released from his scholarship. Transferred to SIU under Bruce Weber and became a legendary player for just the one season he was there and helped spearhead the Salukis to many great years to come.

-- Posted by semohoops on Tue, Dec 4, 2012, at 2:58 PM
  • I read the 45 page police report. 10 minutes after she said Mike left the girl's apartment she text him asking when they could hang out again. After 2 days of her texting him asking him where he was, what he was doing ect, and him ignoring her or giving one word answers, she went to the police and said she was raped. The Police didnt even call Mike in and interview him.

-- Posted by TerryHicks4President on Tue, Dec 4, 2012, at 6:49 PM

haha classic... to anybody who doesn't understand why people in the hip-hop community degrade women this is an example why... don't play yourself out.. you just look even more dumb than when you got used originally. know I personally don't think its right what he did but that is no reason to say you were raped. I want to use a really bad word to describe this girl but Ill contain myself

-- Posted by Sonic-The-Hedgehog on Tue, Dec 4, 2012, at 7:51 PM

Sportsnerd, I accept all apologies graciously, I apologize for being right

-- Posted by BillShakespeare on Tue, Dec 4, 2012, at 8:34 PM

Respond to this thread

Posting a comment requires free registration: