Semoball

Southeast Missouri State Sports Forum: Lucas Nutt

Posted by Kobeyashi on Mon, Nov 5, 2012, at 9:41 AM:

Is he really going to be the starting point guard?

Replies (30)

I think he will be until the freshman C.J. Reese is cleared after this semester. Although due to him missing the first semester of basketball, he will still probably back up Lucas Nutt.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Mon, Nov 5, 2012, at 9:49 AM

In the exhibition game, they started 3 guards.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Mon, Nov 5, 2012, at 11:39 AM
  • tonight, he sucked.. big time.. I bet he has 12 turnovers in 2 exhibition games.. I would bet he had less than 60 all of last season

-- Posted by Thot McGee on Mon, Nov 5, 2012, at 10:42 PM

He's not a division I guard, and if SEMO wants to contend with Murray there is no way they can with him leading the team at the guard position.

-- Posted by Kobeyashi on Tue, Nov 6, 2012, at 8:03 AM
  • he did lead the OVC in assist-to-turnover ratio last season. i think it was 3 to 1.

-- Posted by grizzfan93 on Tue, Nov 6, 2012, at 10:23 AM
  • Jones has more turnovers than Luke and has played way less minutes. Quit complaining about him he's not that bad.

-- Posted by 7plus1 on Tue, Nov 6, 2012, at 10:45 PM
  • jones is supposed to be a playmaker.. that happens.. a point guard that can't drive and can't shoot better not turn it over else what's his use?

-- Posted by Thot McGee on Wed, Nov 7, 2012, at 7:59 AM
  • Leave him alone....I heard his dad played a big role in his recruiting process...and swiped him up....he will start if daddy wants! ;)

-- Posted by RedShirt on Wed, Nov 7, 2012, at 1:45 PM
  • He will be fine

-- Posted by 7plus1 on Wed, Nov 7, 2012, at 6:48 PM
  • He's a decent Div-3, NAIA player and that's all.

-- Posted by wolfwoman on Sat, Nov 10, 2012, at 4:24 PM
  • He a decent player. Knows his role. Lay off.

-- Posted by joefrank78 on Sat, Nov 10, 2012, at 8:27 PM
  • Really? Is he a decent d3/NAIA player and that's all?? Last time I checked he plays d1 and does a solid job.

-- Posted by 7plus1 on Mon, Nov 12, 2012, at 11:03 PM
  • There's only one reason he's playing D-1 and you know it.

-- Posted by wolfwoman on Tue, Nov 13, 2012, at 6:49 AM
  • Doesn't matter what the reason is he doesn't do a bad job. I'm not saying he's the greatest player in the world but seriously it could be way worse.

-- Posted by 7plus1 on Tue, Nov 13, 2012, at 10:30 PM
  • He gets the ball to where it needs to be. Not flashy, or explosive but he puts the ball into the hands of those who need it, on time and in rhythm. He makes his freethrows and hits his 3's at a good percentage.

-- Posted by barkleyfan on Wed, Nov 14, 2012, at 11:20 AM
  • Gets the ball where it needs to be? If SEMO was good and had some players where the ball needed to go then maybe I buy that. But when your a below average team you need somebody who can do something at PG. Something more than just bring it up the floor which is what they have.

-- Posted by caniplay on Thu, Nov 15, 2012, at 6:32 PM

Its not like they have anybody thats gonna do that much better... and he does make free throws makes 3s aand on a team tthat isnt the greatest 3pt shooting team thats a big deal... I think this year semo competes well in the ovc next year they could win the ovc

-- Posted by Sonic-The-Hedgehog on Fri, Nov 16, 2012, at 1:01 AM
  • SEMO is improving. Period. OVC championship caliber...maybe not yet...but getting closer. I think Tyler Stone and Nino Johnson officially qualify as "players where the ball needs to go". So if Lucas gets them the ball down low and they're doing what they've been doing thus far then he's doing his job. This will also create more open looks for outside shots which should help those percentages to improve. That said, I hope Porter makes it back because they need some inside depth in case of foul trouble.

-- Posted by Grussman on Fri, Nov 16, 2012, at 8:59 AM
  • Sonic, he hasn't made a 3 this season. I think he is far from a Division 1 Mid-Major PG. To be honest though, they dont have anyone else. Whether that is a coincidence or not, it is what it is.

-- Posted by DaleDoback on Fri, Nov 16, 2012, at 9:55 AM
  • Nino and Tyler are under average?? comical

-- Posted by barkleyfan on Fri, Nov 16, 2012, at 12:06 PM

3 Games in... on 5 attempts... im not worried

-- Posted by Sonic-The-Hedgehog on Fri, Nov 16, 2012, at 1:06 PM
  • Last year he made 22 threes in 31 games at 30%.....This year through 3 games hes made none. Im wondering why you think he is a threat from the 3 point line.

-- Posted by DaleDoback on Fri, Nov 16, 2012, at 2:21 PM

Because as a freshman he shot 40% Give it time..

-- Posted by Sonic-The-Hedgehog on Fri, Nov 16, 2012, at 4:25 PM
  • Well if he can find that stroke again that will be huge. I doubt Semo will see much man this year with Nino and Tyler down low.

-- Posted by DaleDoback on Fri, Nov 16, 2012, at 5:03 PM

I agree but I personally dont think this is their big year... They got a big issue with Murray st... but next year they bring enough back to definitly have a shot to win the ovc

-- Posted by Sonic-The-Hedgehog on Fri, Nov 16, 2012, at 6:28 PM
  • Oh no...not this year, Murray State is on another level.

-- Posted by DaleDoback on Fri, Nov 16, 2012, at 7:54 PM
  • no 2 guard next year.. and Ed Daniel can stop one but not both of our bigs, but we can't stop cannon so oh well

-- Posted by Thot McGee on Fri, Nov 16, 2012, at 9:40 PM

Sonic all I am saying is if SEMO wants to be elite in the OVC they need better guard play. Who would you take Murray St's guards, or SEMO's? I like Nutt he plays the game the right way... But that only gets you so far I think he would be great off the bench. Wasn't trying to diss the player, just making a point if he is our starter we aren't in good shape.... I think we can all agree on that.

-- Posted by Kobeyashi on Sun, Nov 18, 2012, at 11:38 PM
  • This team needs to start Smith, Wilford, Jones, Johnson, and Stone.

-- Posted by DaleDoback on Mon, Nov 19, 2012, at 7:54 AM
  • I can agree with you on that Kobeyashi. He would be great coming off the bench seeing 15-20 minutes a game but all anybody ever does on here is knock him by saying the only reason he plays is because he's the coach's kid. We all know he's not the best player on the team but like you said, he plays the right way and usually gets the job done, though it isn't always pretty. Hopefully Reese is as good as advertised and he can help us out when he comes after Christmas.

-- Posted by 7plus1 on Mon, Nov 19, 2012, at 7:07 PM

Respond to this thread

Posting a comment requires free registration: