Free Admission For SEMO vs Murray St

Posted by dukefan on Wed, Jan 25, 2012, at 10:31 PM:

The Show Me Center needs to be packed for this game against a nationally ranked team! SEMO needs to realize that the excitement that this game could create and the buzz for SEMO basketball that could develop are far more valuable than any dollar amount this game could produce. They should really advertise the heck out of this game and offer free admission. Open up ALL the concession stands and you will make enough money to validate the promotion. Let's make this happen!

Replies

It is also going to be covered on ESPN U that night...

I would Charge something:

Free for kids 14 and under, $1 Tickets to EVERY High School Student/College Student (with Student ID) and $2 for Adults... That way they make a little revenue for the printing of the tickets and media promotions. I agree about making this game a HUGE event for the University because then the rest of the money needed could be earned with sales of merchandise and concessions. Also with showing a PACKED HOUSE on ESPN U and competing against a TOP 10 team they will be able to make interested recruits feel good about playing in front of excited crowd at SEMO.

I can see this being a WIN WIN!

-- Posted by Haterade on Thu, Jan 26, 2012, at 2:18 AM
  • The game at the SMC vs. Murray is NOT on ESPNU.....

http://goracers.com/schedule.aspx?path=m...

-- Posted by RCIR on Thu, Jan 26, 2012, at 7:25 AM

I think it is poor that it is on a Wednesday night.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Thu, Jan 26, 2012, at 7:50 AM
  • I don't think SEMO gets anything on the concessions. I think that whoever owns the Show-Me Center (City of Cape?) gets it, so I don't think there's any way that they'd offer free tickets, especially to a game where they already figure to have their biggest crowd of the season. This is their big money-making game for the year.

-- Posted by SEMO83 on Thu, Jan 26, 2012, at 8:46 AM
  • I understand that they won't make money on this game. My point is that they should sacrafice the revenue from one game to try and generate excitement for the program. Packing the Show Me Center for this game could result in a growing interest and more people in the future coming to the games. This is a great chance for SEMO, I hope they are planning something.

Matt Foley...I'm fine with your idea, let's fill that place up. I actually want to have to sit in an assigned seat!

-- Posted by dukefan on Thu, Jan 26, 2012, at 10:31 AM

@SEMO83 - SEMO owns and operates the Show-Me Center.

-- Posted by I.P. Freely on Thu, Jan 26, 2012, at 1:21 PM

@RCIR... IT IS!

http://espn.go.com/espntv/onair/index?st...

It is on ESPN U ... THUSDAY NIGHT SHOWCASE!!!

-- Posted by Haterade on Thu, Jan 26, 2012, at 5:11 PM
  • The game is at Murray

-- Posted by BBCOR on Thu, Jan 26, 2012, at 7:51 PM
  • matt foley,

tks for nothing.

-- Posted by RCIR on Thu, Jan 26, 2012, at 10:01 PM

Respond to this thread

Posting a comment requires free registration: