Semoball

Southeast Missouri State Sports Forum: SEMO AD please do something! (mens🏀)

Posted by indian73 on Sat, Jan 25, 2020, at 1:12 PM:

The time has come for SEMO menís basketball program to make a change starting at the top! What has taken place the last several years is not working. SEMO can do better! The University deserves better! The city of Cape Girardeau deserves better! The students deserve better! The fans that attend the games(500-600)deserve better! I am an avid fan and attend all the home games...but enough is enough...is time to shake up the program NOW and get things moving in a new direction. PLEASE!!!!!

Replies (10)

AD may need to go too. He hired a coach with a 34.7 winning percentage.

-- Posted by BrahmaBull on Sat, Jan 25, 2020, at 8:31 PM

I'm thinking he was hired by the previous AD....who also hired our outstanding women's BB coach.

-- Posted by cardsfan53 on Sat, Jan 25, 2020, at 9:31 PM

I believe you are correct cardsfan. Disregard my previous statement. Jumped the gun.

-- Posted by BrahmaBull on Sun, Jan 26, 2020, at 8:33 AM
  • Who gets their first OVC win first? MBB or Baseball?

-- Posted by Bill Shakespeare on Sun, Jan 26, 2020, at 11:27 AM
  • Yeah, I think he's gone at the end of the season

-- Posted by cd23 on Sun, Jan 26, 2020, at 6:50 PM
  • I hate saying this, as I believe you should never keep a coach due to recruits coming in, but I can see them keeping him for another year and see how this class does. It's the first time SEMO has gotten a highly thought of recruit and I'm sure he will go elsewhere without Ray here. But, they have a chance of losing 20 before winning 5. Something has to change, and fast

-- Posted by heldermancody on Tue, Jan 28, 2020, at 9:40 AM
  • SEMO has lost 4-5 guys who should be starting for them right now or be major contributors. I could play the what if card all day and I know, "you play with what you have" but losing that talent has really handcuffed Ray.....

-- Posted by hawk9stay on Wed, Jan 29, 2020, at 11:03 AM
  • Seems like a lot of coaching changes need to be made on both college and high school levels in the area

-- Posted by Semo sports on Wed, Jan 29, 2020, at 12:08 PM
  • hawk....I think the fact that he has lost so many players is a problem within itself. Again, at the end of the day, Ray is a 35% winning percentage coach. He has done exactly what he has done at other places. This should come as no surprise.

-- Posted by Rocket689 on Wed, Jan 29, 2020, at 6:27 PM

I agree rocket! Thereís really nothing more to debate...the programís in shambles and nothing less than major changes will be the first step in righting the ship!

-- Posted by indian73 on Wed, Jan 29, 2020, at 6:34 PM

Respond to this thread

Posting a comment requires free registration: