Posted by semo_official on Sun, Sep 25, 2016, at 7:15 AM:

Free Dante!

Replies

• The move to WR for him makes absolutely no sense. He was freshman of the year in the ovc last year at QB. Can't understand what happened here.

-- Posted by crackerjack on Mon, Sep 26, 2016, at 12:22 PM
  • Punter is best offensive player right now, instant offense sitting on the bench?

-- Posted by IrishFuzzy12 on Mon, Sep 26, 2016, at 8:54 PM
  • Dante moved to WR??

Where did you see that info?

-- Posted by IndianPride on Tue, Sep 27, 2016, at 5:54 PM

He must be referring to Tremaine Mccullough. Dante is still backup QB.

-- Posted by cker23 on Tue, Sep 27, 2016, at 6:56 PM
  • Ok...Thank you cker23!!

-- Posted by IndianPride on Tue, Sep 27, 2016, at 7:54 PM
  • He still is listed #2 at QB but I have heard that he has been working out at WR also. It is disappointing to see what he did last year and not be out there yet this year. It has been painful watching Jesse try to run the ball around the goal line when you got a QB that can make those plays. I'm sure there is a reason, but this offense is going to have to pick it up if the are going to win more than one or two more OVC games.

-- Posted by jhs alumni on Tue, Sep 27, 2016, at 8:59 PM
  • First pass and only pass this season was the first game and he threw an INT. There is a reason he is not starting or getting playing time. Hosket has been a good QB, the coaches need to trust him a little more and the Oline needs to give him time to throw the ball.

-- Posted by arich35 on Tue, Sep 27, 2016, at 9:52 PM
  • What game are you watching Hoskett 35% passing behind a very good veteran line. Vandeven over 62% last year besides all his runs , not sacks. Memphis pass was 3&13 that Jesse would've got sacked on and receiver didn't come back for ball. I agree but tried to make a play. So 1win by a point and 3 losses soon to be 4 makes you a good game manager. I thought we were trying to get better?

-- Posted by IrishFuzzy12 on Wed, Sep 28, 2016, at 7:59 PM

Vandeven threw 11 touchdowns to 7 INT's last year. Hosket has thrown only one this year. A lot of people want him to play because he is local. This is division 1 football. Not high school. Vandeven has the feet but Hosket has the arm. Me personally, I would want the arm if it was my QB. Vandeven will have his chance. We haven't seen the last of him.

-- Posted by cker23 on Wed, Sep 28, 2016, at 8:47 PM
  • Indian pride--Dante and my son are friends. He's been practicing at WR. He's still listed as backup QB but he's working at WR. Big mistake. IMO

-- Posted by crackerjack on Wed, Sep 28, 2016, at 9:30 PM
  • agreed crackerjack

-- Posted by chsfan185 on Wed, Sep 28, 2016, at 9:34 PM

Would it be a bigger mistake to just let him stand on the sidelines all year long? And I don't have an opinion, I'm just asking.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Wed, Sep 28, 2016, at 9:39 PM
  • Vandeven threw for 11 but also ran for 6 scores and rushed for over 400 yards in 9 games. Also completed over 62% versus 50% this year. Granted should be up around 55% due to drops from the WR's. Your not going to get that from Jesse. They are just totally different styles. We'll be there rooting for who ever is in there on Saturday's.

-- Posted by jhs alumni on Thu, Sep 29, 2016, at 8:22 AM

Keep in mind, he was throwing to McRoberts last year. Haven't seen him play, but I would assume that helped his cause last year

-- Posted by FeedThemHogs on Thu, Sep 29, 2016, at 4:24 PM
  • Dante surpised a lot of people last season and has the "it" factor you want in your QB. Hoskett looks the part but I don't see it on the field. If the offense continues to be anemic, Dante has to get a shot at more than a few plays. If he is injured then its a mute point.

-- Posted by semo_official on Fri, Sep 30, 2016, at 6:11 AM
  • Irish, what game are you watching? Last week the Oline was pretty bad and Hosket was pressured a ton. The play calling also has been pretty safe and hasn't give Hosket a chance.

Also the pick Dante threw is the exact problem he had last year, throwing across his body. This isn't high school anymore and that throw gets picked a lot. There is obviously a reason the coaches decided Dante shouldn't be starting right now and they know more then any of us do.

-- Posted by arich35 on Fri, Sep 30, 2016, at 11:39 PM
  • Haven't really kept up with them to much this year. Is al young still on team. Saw last game he didn't get mentioned?

-- Posted by Murphdogg on Sat, Oct 1, 2016, at 7:01 AM

So all these hard feelings about Hosket and he is responsible for all three SEMO TD's against nationally ranked EIU. 12-20 for 223 yards and 2 passing TD's and also rushed for a TD. Another brick to the brickyard!

-- Posted by cker23 on Sat, Oct 1, 2016, at 10:08 PM
  • Hosket is the best QB on the roster and that should be obvious by now. I hope SEMO keeps opening up the playbook and letting Hosket throw the ball more. He is accurate with the ball and can make pretty much every throw you want a QB to make at this level. Oh, and only 1 INT this year

-- Posted by arich35 on Sat, Oct 1, 2016, at 10:27 PM

Also, Hosket has passed for 1076 yards so far this year and out of the 13 total TD's the RedHawks have this year, Hosket is responsible for 8 of them.. Be logical when you are arguing if a local guy should play over a seasoned QB.

-- Posted by cker23 on Sun, Oct 2, 2016, at 8:56 AM
  • Man, barely any talk after we knock off a top 15 team and Hosket has a good game

-- Posted by arich35 on Mon, Oct 3, 2016, at 10:20 PM

Well, my wife & I will be catching a flight from The City (San Francisco) to St. Louis & then down I-55 South from 11/3-11/11...SEMO HOMECOMING, & mens' & womens' basketball that week...& we gon' have some good, good nights like: Roscoe Dash...one hell of a time with my Alma mater...😎

-- Posted by STRAIGHTOUTTACHARLESTON on Thu, Oct 13, 2016, at 2:10 PM

11/5...HERE I GO!...GO REDHAWKS...Win or lose: HOMECOMING...You looking for me, Gamecocks? I'll stomp your entire staff!...Alumnus: HERE I GO!

-- Posted by STRAIGHTOUTTACHARLESTON on Thu, Oct 13, 2016, at 2:40 PM
  • Still pretty quiet after another 35% passing game.Last year we had 269 yds. 2 Passing TD's. Passing at 60% rate and no interceptions , also a rushing TD. This year 2 interceptions and could have been more just throwing it up, head on a swivel. Lowest scoring offense in OVC . Glad punter was player of the week again and Donnerson was a man out there. Didn't Jacksonville go to championship last year. We have a game manager, good kid though. It don't matter any more, record will not improve. Great defense!

-- Posted by IrishFuzzy12 on Mon, Nov 7, 2016, at 8:43 PM
  • It's semo football don't lose sleep over it.

-- Posted by ESPN05 on Mon, Nov 7, 2016, at 8:49 PM
  • bench Dante the OVC newcomer and freshmen of the year, then top it of by moving last years OVC second leading rusher to receiver. all the changes are obviously not working and coach Tuck not even trying to change things up. And he wonders why the stands are empty. There are more people at the local high school games than thee semo games. brick by brick-what a joke

-- Posted by chsfan185 on Mon, Nov 7, 2016, at 10:57 PM
  • Is Al young still on team?

-- Posted by Murphdogg on Tue, Nov 8, 2016, at 11:08 AM

Yes. He's a part time punt returner or should I say fair catcher.

-- Posted by cker23 on Tue, Nov 8, 2016, at 11:31 AM
  • This 'brick by brick' stuff is tiring. I would rather have coach Tuke than Tony Samuel. At least coach Tuke has some energy.

-- Posted by KuulDood on Sun, Nov 13, 2016, at 5:52 PM
  • apparently Tuke teams can only stack up 3-4 bricks every season..

-- Posted by waterbottle21 on Sun, Nov 13, 2016, at 6:23 PM
  • They must be putting up bricks without using any mortar because the bricks are falling faster than they can put them up. They get worse every year.

-- Posted by woosyboy on Sat, Nov 19, 2016, at 11:06 PM

Respond to this thread

Posting a comment requires free registration: