Yeah...

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Fri, Nov 14, 2014, at 10:15 PM

SEMO for the upset

-- Posted by SHS BUM 21 on Fri, Nov 14, 2014, at 10:24 PM
  • I take it Mizzou lost tonight?

-- Posted by Preacher Man Fan on Fri, Nov 14, 2014, at 10:43 PM
  • UMKC beat them.

-- Posted by Uwe Blab on Fri, Nov 14, 2014, at 10:47 PM

Gonna be a long year with this young team. 22% of scoring returned. Thats a lot of points to make up for in a bunch of new guys. Some really bad shooting tonight as well.

-- Posted by Jolly Dump on Fri, Nov 14, 2014, at 10:59 PM
  • I kept telling Bunk that KA wasnt the man for the job, but he just woodnt listen!

-- Posted by cirithungol17 on Sat, Nov 15, 2014, at 9:37 AM
  • Little early to throw the Coach under the bus. Looks like it might be a long year. but I think I'll give the coach more than 1 game.

-- Posted by heshootshescores on Sat, Nov 15, 2014, at 10:29 AM

I will give him a little more leash until recruiting pans out. Freshman 3 guard Jakeenan Gant who figures to be a big part of the offense was announced as being held out due to eligibility concerns. That's worrisome but imagine if he plays the get by UMKC. Arizona is gonna destroy this team though

-- Posted by Bunk on Sat, Nov 15, 2014, at 1:37 PM
  • come on guys. Look at the roster. It's not hard to figure out this year is going to be a big time struggle. Let's all show some basketball IQ here and give this man A LOT of rope. Because it's going to take a ton of time. We have a program that has been hurt first by the untimely departure of Mike Anderson and then the reliance of transfers by Frank Haith. Let Kim Anderson do his job and give him time. No way this gets going the way we all want it to go for at least 3 years.

-- Posted by jwhitlock on Sat, Nov 15, 2014, at 2:35 PM
  • Agree Whitty but one can only hope that last night was a one time thing because too many of those type losses will cost you the job in less than 2 years

-- Posted by heshootshescores on Sat, Nov 15, 2014, at 8:11 PM
  • No doubt that last nigh was a bad loss.

-- Posted by jwhitlock on Sat, Nov 15, 2014, at 10:29 PM

I just hope we beat Valparasio today. This is just embarrassing. Our number one target in Antonio Blakeney scores 65 by himself in his HS opener. He out scored our entire team output.

-- Posted by Bunk on Sun, Nov 16, 2014, at 12:22 PM

I agree with you jwhitlock this program has to be built from foundation up going to take some time!

-- Posted by porchswing on Sun, Nov 16, 2014, at 12:35 PM
  • Time is something that is in short supply when you lose games like Friday, but a win would go a long way in bringing some calm to a bad start! A win would make for a great weekend! Rams, Mizzou fb, and Blues have all won now let's go Mizzou bb

-- Posted by heshootshescores on Sun, Nov 16, 2014, at 4:33 PM
  • Not in this case, I don't think. Anderson is, if I'm not mistaken, the lowest paid coach in the SEC. There's a reason for that. No way he gets fired after two years unless they show no improvement or take a step back. Showing improvement next year to this year is going to be easy because this year is going to be bad.

-- Posted by jwhitlock on Sun, Nov 16, 2014, at 5:34 PM
  • That is true and tonight is not looking all that good

-- Posted by heshootshescores on Sun, Nov 16, 2014, at 6:13 PM
  • This team will look a lot different at the end of the year. New coach and only 4 players on the team that put on a Mizzou jersey last year. I'm not saying they'll be a top 25 team at the end of the year because they won't but they will be a lot better.

-- Posted by The Deuce on Sun, Nov 16, 2014, at 6:27 PM
  • Nice bounce back win for Mizzou tonight. Tigers 56, Valparaiso 41.

-- Posted by Preacher Man Fan on Sun, Nov 16, 2014, at 6:54 PM
  • Deuce I agree. They struggled scoring tonight but I already like how Mizzou pays much attention to detail on the defensive end.

-- Posted by jwhitlock on Sun, Nov 16, 2014, at 9:08 PM
  • They also run an offense so now they have to define their roles and continue to improve. Long way to go, but tonight was a start. Oral Roberts is next up

-- Posted by heshootshescores on Sun, Nov 16, 2014, at 10:19 PM

The way MA screwed us over when he left, and Frank Haith just throwing rosters together every year by reaching into a scrabble bag, it will take a little bit to get this team going in the right direction.

-- Posted by Jolly Dump on Sun, Nov 16, 2014, at 11:05 PM
  • Mike Anderson was accepted just fine. The entire state was upset when he left. But Arkansas threw the big bucks at him. Yes, from a recruiting standpoint, he screwed us. If you don't see that, you can't see.

Haith is a different story. However, rode the coattails of a great senior class left by Anderson for a great first year. After that, he relied on transfers. I'm glad he left. His teams didn't guard and they had the lowest assist to turnover ratio in the country last year. However, he left Anderson a roster that would have no choice to be underclassmen heavy. I'm glad Anderson has chose to go the freshman route instead of relying on transfers. That will be better for the program in the long run.

-- Posted by jwhitlock on Mon, Nov 17, 2014, at 6:36 AM
  • Mizzou won again tonight, a 14-point victory over Oral Roberts. Nothing to get excited about I know, but they're now 2-1, and hopefully will continue the trend.

-- Posted by Preacher Man Fan on Thu, Nov 20, 2014, at 12:18 AM

We have a tough test vs. Arizona next. It will be tough to continue the trend, but ya never know.

-- Posted by yah-yah on Thu, Nov 20, 2014, at 7:51 AM

Yeah this club is going get smoked by Arizona but I'm glad Teki is turning it around shooting wise. It appears he and Clark will have to create all the offense because no one else can really get their own shot or even get others good looks. This team needs Gant back and scoring in the worst way

-- Posted by Bunk on Thu, Nov 20, 2014, at 8:18 AM
  • ORU had 1 win coming and it was against Tulsa so good for Mizzou. We all know who coaches that team!!!

-- Posted by heshootshescores on Thu, Nov 20, 2014, at 8:37 AM
  • Any win is a solid win for Mizzou. They have shown improvement since the UMKC game. Oral Roberts and Valpo are definitely better than UMKC. They need to compete well against Arizona and continue to improve.

-- Posted by jwhitlock on Thu, Nov 20, 2014, at 9:00 AM
  • Whens Gant comn back?

-- Posted by cirithungol17 on Thu, Nov 20, 2014, at 9:28 AM

Who knows. He is in eligibility limbo and once the NCAA gets involved time ceases to apply to them

-- Posted by Bunk on Thu, Nov 20, 2014, at 10:00 AM

I would not classify last night as a solid win. They were trailing the first 27 minutes of the game. It was just a win.....a loss would have been horrible. 2-1 does not indicate how bad this team is right now. Kentucky and Arizona will destroy this team.

-- Posted by Jolly Dump on Thu, Nov 20, 2014, at 12:10 PM
  • You're right but Arizona and Kentucky will destroy a lot of teams this year.

-- Posted by DexterResident1976 on Thu, Nov 20, 2014, at 12:15 PM
  • Oh Dumpy Downer quit.

-- Posted by heshootshescores on Thu, Nov 20, 2014, at 12:18 PM
  • I would classify it as a solid win. Mizzou is a young team. The expectations of this team must be tempered. Of course, Oral Roberts is nothing to rave about. But, it has nothing to do with ORU. It has more to do with the mindset of the Tigers players and coaching staff. They need confidence. That's why, in my opinion, any win against a Division 1 opponent that's considered to be a mid major or higher with a decent reputation is classified as a solid win. Having said all of that, if Arizona shows up and plays well this weekend, Mizzou is gonna get blitzed badly. But maybe they will underestimate the Tigers, kinda like Kentucky did Buffalo last week. Playing Arizona competitively could help the psyche of the Tigers. Probably gonna get whipped though.

-- Posted by jwhitlock on Thu, Nov 20, 2014, at 12:25 PM

There is just no way this team defends Arizona inside. Not enough there for Mizzou. Only way that game is close is if Clark has an unreal night passing, Teki has an unreal night scoring, and Arizona gets in foul trouble.

-- Posted by Bunk on Thu, Nov 20, 2014, at 12:37 PM
  • I agree, Bunk. It could be a dunkfest for the Wildcats.

-- Posted by jwhitlock on Thu, Nov 20, 2014, at 12:54 PM
  • We need a 5 that can actually chew gum and run at the same time.

-- Posted by The Deuce on Thu, Nov 20, 2014, at 2:20 PM
  • That wouldn't hurt a thing, Deuce.

-- Posted by jwhitlock on Thu, Nov 20, 2014, at 3:10 PM

I know it's next year, but that is why Thomas Bryant is a must get for you guys. He is a man! Really just down to Indianna, Mizzou,and Syracuse.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Thu, Nov 20, 2014, at 5:28 PM

Heard UK trying to make a move on him Buck. What's up with that. Can't we just have one player just one!

-- Posted by Bunk on Thu, Nov 20, 2014, at 6:18 PM
  • Arizona 87 Mizzou 55 Hope I'm wrong

-- Posted by heshootshescores on Thu, Nov 20, 2014, at 6:25 PM

Hmmm hadn't heard that one lol. But I could see it happening. I think it would depend on how Zimmerman (top priority) and Swanigans recruitments go. They are both really really secretive about how their leaning. So UK is probably just covering their bases. But it's happened before, Isaiah Briscoe didn't have UK in his top 5, but when they started recruiting him he added them and ultimately committed.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Thu, Nov 20, 2014, at 6:49 PM

Had to go check that out, and it looks like Bryant is actually visiting UK tomorrow and attending the game. Mile Bridges is going with him. He hasn't been offered a scholarship yet though.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Thu, Nov 20, 2014, at 6:53 PM

Now I look like I was really trolling with that first post haha. I really didn't know he was coming to visit.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Thu, Nov 20, 2014, at 7:01 PM

Mizzou needs Bryant.....words cannot do justice how much Mizzou needs this guy.

-- Posted by Jolly Dump on Thu, Nov 20, 2014, at 10:51 PM

They need a true 5 or really big 4. Ted Kapita and Caleb Swanigan are two other guys who fit the bill who Mizzou has been recruiting very hard.

-- Posted by Bunk on Thu, Nov 20, 2014, at 11:37 PM

Maui Invitational starts today. This is the most prestigious season tournament in the nation and showcases some of the top programs, or coming-up programs, in the country. So, how does Mizzou finish? Any takers how all the teams will finish?

Today's games:

Purdue vs. Kansas State

Mizzou vs. Arizona

Pittsburgh vs. Chaminade

BYU vs. San Diego State

-- Posted by Jolly Dump on Mon, Nov 24, 2014, at 10:12 AM

Mizzou finishes 6 or 7 honest opinion. Would love to be proved wrong though

-- Posted by Bunk on Mon, Nov 24, 2014, at 10:24 AM
  • If they could find a way to win 2 games that would be really good considering.

-- Posted by jwhitlock on Mon, Nov 24, 2014, at 10:30 AM
  • I see one win at most

-- Posted by cirithungol17 on Mon, Nov 24, 2014, at 10:37 AM

Just a thought, this team would be a lot more fun to watch with Jabari Brown. It would at least give them an outside presence. He is now on his third team, and in the D-league, not looking like he will get called up any time soon. I'm still questioning his decision a bit. (To an a bit you could throw Clarkson in, who is now in the D-league. But I know he has had some more success, just more of a "what if" on him)

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Mon, Nov 24, 2014, at 6:06 PM

Yeah.....it was a bad decision for both because everybody that I read was saying mid 2nd round at the best.

-- Posted by Jolly Dump on Mon, Nov 24, 2014, at 8:13 PM
  • When did Clarkson get sent down? He was getting some minutes for the Lakers. If he can't stick with the Lakers he is in trouble.

-- Posted by heshootshescores on Mon, Nov 24, 2014, at 8:21 PM

About a week ago. Yeah getting sent down by one of the 3 worst teams in the league is not a good sign. He was pulled back up last night I believe, but never got in the game. Will probably float back and forth quite a bit, especially when he gets called up and doesn't get it, that's not helping him any.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Mon, Nov 24, 2014, at 8:28 PM

Mizzou will play Purdue tomorrow and probably lose. Good news is we should at least beat Chaminade. *hopefully*

-- Posted by Jolly Dump on Mon, Nov 24, 2014, at 9:32 PM

We'll this just happened. Thomas Bryant's mother just gave the interview of interviews where she says he is really down to two schools, Syracuse and Indiana, and pretty much rips all the schools except Syracuse (ripped Indiana pretty hard) and she is basically saying to me that he is down to just Syracuse.

Here is the article of the interview, I think it should be read http://www.syracuse.com/orangebasketball/index.ssf/2014/11/thomas_bryant_syracus...

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Tue, Nov 25, 2014, at 1:39 PM

Meanwhile Purdue is absolutely hammering the Tigers right now. 37-16 3mins to go in 1st half. This is a team that will be lucky to get into the NIT this year.

-- Posted by Jolly Dump on Tue, Nov 25, 2014, at 1:51 PM

Thank GOD that 1st half if over. 45-20

Some of the worst basketball I have ever seen Mizzou play.

-- Posted by Jolly Dump on Tue, Nov 25, 2014, at 1:59 PM
  • Not surprised that Mizzou is losing. I am surprised at their effort. First time this year they have not played very hard.

-- Posted by jwhitlock on Tue, Nov 25, 2014, at 2:00 PM

Not watching the game, but did go look at the stats. Teki with no points is not a good sign. Also looks like yall are getting pretty heavily outrebounded, like the have double ya'lls rebounds and 4 players have more rebounds than any Mizzou guy. Who is yall's primary leading rebounder normally!?

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Tue, Nov 25, 2014, at 2:14 PM

Rosburg and JW3 are the primary rebounders.

-- Posted by Jolly Dump on Tue, Nov 25, 2014, at 2:41 PM

I forgot about Teki....he is has been an okay rebounder so far.

-- Posted by Jolly Dump on Tue, Nov 25, 2014, at 2:42 PM

Looks like Rosburg is having an off game then. Missed every shot he's taken and only gotten 2 rebounds in a period and a half of basketball.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Tue, Nov 25, 2014, at 2:53 PM
  • Rosburg really is not off. He's just not very good, other than at fouling. If we had anybody at all he'd be a sub off the bench.

Mizzou has shown better effort in the second half. And they've made some shots, which always helps.

-- Posted by jwhitlock on Tue, Nov 25, 2014, at 3:08 PM
  • Looks like we're lookn at a .500 season at best. Just not enough talent. Rosburg is NOT a major D-I talent.

-- Posted by cirithungol17 on Tue, Nov 25, 2014, at 3:11 PM
  • Before I thought we might not win 10 games. I agree and think they will be about .500

-- Posted by jwhitlock on Tue, Nov 25, 2014, at 3:14 PM

hahaha gotcha! Just looking at his stats I was thinking wow he's getting dominated, but makes sense now. Rebounding margin was 36-22. And yall had 9 more fouls than they did.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Tue, Nov 25, 2014, at 3:20 PM

Also if yall noticed Anderson was wearing a mic but gave the mic back to ESPN at halftime haha.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Tue, Nov 25, 2014, at 3:26 PM

This is an every other week deal with Bryant and his mother. She is dead set on Syracuse and Bryant is not set on them but is considering them. Mizzou is in that till Thomas himself says we they are out

-- Posted by Bunk on Tue, Nov 25, 2014, at 3:32 PM

She's a candid little lady that's for sure haha.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Tue, Nov 25, 2014, at 3:38 PM

This is the second time she has done this. First time she stated he committed to Syracuse like a month ago.

-- Posted by Bunk on Tue, Nov 25, 2014, at 3:43 PM
  • Playing like they did today sure won't help recruiting

-- Posted by heshootshescores on Tue, Nov 25, 2014, at 4:32 PM
  • Well they sure can guarantee instant boatloads of minutes to any recruit who's got some talent!

-- Posted by cirithungol17 on Tue, Nov 25, 2014, at 4:42 PM

Early playing time.

-- Posted by Bunk on Tue, Nov 25, 2014, at 4:46 PM

We said that at the same time Ciri

-- Posted by Bunk on Tue, Nov 25, 2014, at 4:47 PM

Well I didn't see your post updated yet at least

-- Posted by Bunk on Tue, Nov 25, 2014, at 4:48 PM
  • Haha its all good!

-- Posted by cirithungol17 on Tue, Nov 25, 2014, at 6:37 PM

Does anyone think Chaminade can beat us? They did play Pitt well in the 1st game.

-- Posted by Jolly Dump on Wed, Nov 26, 2014, at 8:33 AM
  • We are favored by 13

-- Posted by cirithungol17 on Wed, Nov 26, 2014, at 10:33 AM

What time is this game!?

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Wed, Nov 26, 2014, at 11:28 AM

1:30

-- Posted by Bunk on Wed, Nov 26, 2014, at 11:40 AM

Cool, thanks.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Wed, Nov 26, 2014, at 11:47 AM
  • I think Mizzou will win, but it will be closer than 13.

-- Posted by exzalmanian on Wed, Nov 26, 2014, at 12:14 PM
  • Zou was favored by 14 over the kangaroos

-- Posted by cirithungol17 on Wed, Nov 26, 2014, at 12:15 PM
  • Nice win by the Zou! Somebody earlier that any win is nice or good or something like that.....I agree. Any win at this point is good.

-- Posted by exzalmanian on Wed, Nov 26, 2014, at 3:38 PM

Covered the line

-- Posted by Bunk on Wed, Nov 26, 2014, at 4:26 PM
  • I agree. I don't think we can overvalue any win for Mizzou at this point. I wish we'd had Anderson last year! We'd been a ton better. I like the fact that the players respond to tough situations in a positive manner. The roster just doesn't have the talent to support big time success. But I think we play a better brand of basketball than we did last year under Haith.

-- Posted by jwhitlock on Thu, Nov 27, 2014, at 11:05 PM

Haith had no idea how to coach. The lose to Norfolk St. in the NCAA tourney proved that. He was such a bad hire.

-- Posted by Jolly Dump on Fri, Nov 28, 2014, at 5:29 PM

Oklahoma St. putting a beatdown on Mizzou. The cats have gotten declawed.

-- Posted by Jolly Dump on Fri, Dec 5, 2014, at 10:07 PM
  • Without Gant we will finish under .500, thats a lock. This may be the least talented zou team since the mid 80's. Again, rosberg would not start for SEMO, thats how far weve fallen.

-- Posted by cirithungol17 on Sat, Dec 6, 2014, at 12:14 AM
  • U got that right about Rosberg but neither would Post. I watched Post play 3 times while at SWIC and was wondering back then why in the world was MIZZOU wasting a scholarship on him.

-- Posted by BIGELW on Sat, Dec 6, 2014, at 4:03 PM

Post and Rosberg are Haith's doing. That man helped flatten the basketball program. But ultimately I blame Alden for the hire in the first place.

-- Posted by Jolly Dump on Sat, Dec 6, 2014, at 6:56 PM
  • Haith is a smooth talker. Makes sense because he's always had a decent reputation as a recruiter. If Rosburg was a walk on I could stomach him being on the squad.

Post is lazy. If he had a motor and some drive to go,with his size and decent athleticism he could be a solid player.

-- Posted by jwhitlock on Sat, Dec 6, 2014, at 7:46 PM

Mizzou beat Elon tonight 78-73. Mizzou was outscored by 14 in the 2nd half. Its sad how far we have fallen in a few short years. We barely have power 5 conference talent on this team.

-- Posted by Jolly Dump on Thu, Dec 11, 2014, at 10:22 PM
  • Yup, 10 wins mite be a stretch this year

-- Posted by cirithungol17 on Fri, Dec 12, 2014, at 6:19 PM
  • Mizzou lost the Bragging Rights Game today to Illinois 62-59 on a buzzer-beater that was an absolute junk shot!

-- Posted by Preacher Man Fan on Sat, Dec 20, 2014, at 4:39 PM
  • Promising game for 2 reasons. Rosburg played limited minutes and Post did not get off the bench. This was their best effort so maybe there is some light at the end of the tunnel!

-- Posted by heshootshescores on Sun, Dec 21, 2014, at 9:23 AM

This will take three years then Mizzou will be in the top 15 in the country!

-- Posted by porchswing on Sun, Dec 21, 2014, at 3:09 PM
  • The future looks brighter for Mizzou. In JW3, Clark, isabell, gant, ceaser, Allen, and wright we have 7 pretty solid underclass men who are no threat to turn pro early. In 2-3 years Mizzou basketball will be much better and considering how the baffoons who coached before left like they did that's about as quick a turnaround that any reasonable person could ask.

-- Posted by jwhitlock on Sun, Dec 21, 2014, at 5:54 PM

My my my. 3 seasons later and Mizzou has ultimately moved nowhere. Lost people (JW3 to Gonzaga) and others.

It was stated on here that it would be at least 3 years before Anderson had the Tigers being any good...here we are. It almost feels that it is no longer a matter of "if" he is fired...but when? Thoughts?

-- Posted by bulldog21forever on Thu, Feb 23, 2017, at 4:35 PM
  • Mizzou has been improving but it appears to be too little, too slowly. It isn't enough to rise to mere mediocrity. Anderson needs to land a all-conference caliber recruit with one of his two remaining scholarships.

-- Posted by Mark Rutledge on Fri, Feb 24, 2017, at 11:09 AM
  • Unfortunately KA will be gone due to being the first team in SEC HISTORY!!! to lose 20 games 3 yrs in a row. Thats a tuff accomplishment for a team thats only been a member for what, 5yrs or so?

-- Posted by cirithungol17 on Fri, Feb 24, 2017, at 12:23 PM

He was dealt a raw deal. He took over when Mizzou became a laughing stock P.C. university. Lost all creditability and lost in overall student numbers. I mean really, who would want to go to Miz-P-E-U now after their **** poor approach to handling a snowflake protest and entitled students that all should have been expelled from school and sent on their freaking way!

For the last three years, Mizzou has been terrible. I don't think they can find an established coach willing to take this position due to the **** poor support from administration. They will cave under pressure of loud mouth students and continue to be the laughing stock school in Missouri.

I'd say give him a couple more years and see what happens. Maybe he can get them to a middle of the road option again soon. Then, perhaps some players from the 3-star and 4-star caliber will look their way. Right now all the basketball talent in Mo. will look to SLU, not Mizzou.

-- Posted by Kool-Aid (OH YEAHHH) on Fri, Feb 24, 2017, at 2:22 PM
  • KA is not coaching at Mizzou next year Kool-Aid.

-- Posted by The Deuce on Fri, Feb 24, 2017, at 2:27 PM

Then, they better enjoy another coach that will not be much better if better at all!

Just saying. KA is a good coach, good man and knows how to win, but these athletes for Mizzou are not his type of players! He hasn't been able to recruit to Mizzou cause of the campus and atmosphere. They better pray the next coach is a former coach (currently out of work or at a little university) with a Big Name...

Best Avaibale UP & COMING:

Dan Muller, Illinois State

Matt McCall, Chattanooga

Mitch Henderson, Princeton

Will Wade, VCU

OTHERS:

Mark Gottfried (fired) NC State

Dave Rice (Fired) UNLV (now assistant at Nevada)

-- Posted by Kool-Aid (OH YEAHHH) on Fri, Feb 24, 2017, at 3:07 PM
  • You are 110% correct about the university as a whole kool-aid. Unless they hire an administrative leader to "drain the swamp" of the cupcake liberal agenda at Zou, we can forget about attracting the necessary athletes and coaches that would elevate the football and hoops teams out of the black hole theyve been sucked into.

-- Posted by cirithungol17 on Fri, Feb 24, 2017, at 4:13 PM
  • Which is why its probly useless gittn ridda KA because I cant see a talented coach wanting to be a part of the mess

-- Posted by cirithungol17 on Fri, Feb 24, 2017, at 4:23 PM

Respond to this thread

Posting a comment requires free registration: