8. Bye

4. Eminence

5. Thayer

2. Viburnum

7. Koshkonong

3. Summersville

6. Bunker

-- Posted by SEMOvbfan on Thu, Oct 5, 2017, at 8:59 AM
  • Wonder what the reasoning is for Eminence getting the 4 seed and Viburnum the 2 seed when, according to MaxPreps, Eminence defeated Viburnum at Viburnum earlier in their only contest 25-17, 25-11??? Even MSHSAA shows Eminence winning that game. They have similar records so it would only make sense to go by head to head result, which by that score sounds like a pretty convincing victory to me.

-- Posted by Simpleminds on Thu, Oct 5, 2017, at 1:18 PM
  • I thought so too. Summersville beat Winona in 2 last night. This district this year if finally wide open. Be nice to see a new winner after years of domination by Winona and Eminence.

Lesterville host Leopold tonight. Possible a preview of the district final on the 17th.

-- Posted by SEMOvbfan on Fri, Oct 6, 2017, at 9:19 AM
  • Any predications on districts tonight and tomorrow?

-- Posted by SEMOvbfan on Mon, Oct 16, 2017, at 9:36 AM
  • C1D1 I guess I'll pick Gideon/Risco but this is the sacrificial lamb district. Regardless who wins, they'll be trounced in sectionals.

C1D2 it'll come down to Advance and Bernie which'll be their fourth time playing each other this year. Advance takes it.

C1D3 I expect Lesterville to win. I think Leopold will upset Meadow Heights in the semifinals but not entirely sure if they'll beat Lesterville for the title. Leopold seems to be having a little bit of a down year but if you look at some of their scores against some pretty good teams they played them pretty close. I'm leaning towards Lesterville to win this district but wouldn't be surprised if Leopold pulls it out.

C1D4 I give the edge to Valle Catholic over St. Vincent. Wouldn't surprise me if this one goes three sets. St. Vincent is a good team but Valle is more fundamentally sound and so I'll pick them. Winner of this district hosts sectionals/quarterfinals on Saturday.

C1D5 I'm surprised to see Eminence getting seeded fourth over Viburnum. How in the world did that happen? I know Winona has been struggling lately with dwindling numbers relating to injuries, so that could explain the loss to Summersville. I'm not too familiar with the teams in this district this year but I'm gonna make a bold prediction and say Eminence wins it.

C2D1 is another sacrificial lamb as the winner of this district will have to (likely) face St. Pius X in sectionals and that game will be a blowout. Should come down to Malden and Twin Rivers for the district title but after that, doesn't really matter.

C2D2 will be Bloomfield vs. Woodland for the title and Bloomfield will win it.

C2D3 St. Pius X, not much else to say. I haven't seen Pius after they lost Jena Otec but have watched Arcadia Valley and they're a solid team but I just don't think they have what it takes against Pius.

C2D4 looks to be a really weak district as well with a bunch of inner city St. Louis schools. Bloomfield should walk all over the winner of this district. A Bloomfield vs. St. Pius X quarterfinal to determine who goes to state should be a great game.

C3D1 I'm giving it to Dexter. The Bearcats have proven that they are a well rounded team even without having their best player all season long. Not sure who wins between Notre Dame and Perryville in that wild semifinal which will probably go three sets, but I still think Dexter is the best team in this district.

C3D2 I'll go with Ste. Genevieve vs. Festus for the title. Not really sure of the caliber of these teams but I suppose I'll stick with the top seed and pick Ste. Genevieve.

C4D1 I'm picking Farmington. This district's semifinal must have a curse on it because for the past four years, the third seed has upset the second seed (which have alternated all four years between Jackson and Poplar Bluff). The Knightettes are also hosting districts to they'll have the home court advantage when they go up against Jackson for the title, and I say they pull it out in three sets.

-- Posted by The Legend on Mon, Oct 16, 2017, at 10:34 AM
  • Winona Dist Champs!!!

-- Posted by WBB on Tue, Oct 17, 2017, at 8:38 PM
  • I'm hearing rumors on sectionals Saturday. What I've heard is that the winner of the Valle/St Vincent district will be the host of sectionals. Neither gym can hold the amount of fans that Advance, Gideon or Lesterville will bring. So they are going to allot each school 50 tickets.

I can't believe the state would allow this to happen. If you cant accommodate any and everyone that wants to attend you shouldn't get to host sectionals. This is crazy to tell people they can't attend. So basically each school will have parents in the stands with a few kids.

This should be moved to a bigger facility to hold everyone. I will be livid if I can't watch my niece play for a trip to state.

-- Posted by SEMOvbfan on Wed, Oct 18, 2017, at 9:08 AM
  • I wouldn't worry about that semovbfan. What you've heard is a bad rumor. Relax. Their gyms are every bit as big as Bernie, Lesterville, Bell City, and anywhere else that has hosted Class 1 sectionals in the past. It'll be ok.

-- Posted by MU_Tigers on Wed, Oct 18, 2017, at 11:10 AM
  • Valle isn't near that size. I was in that gym last year. St Vincent is just about the same size.

-- Posted by SEMOvbfan on Wed, Oct 18, 2017, at 12:23 PM
  • Valles gym is extremely small and outdated, don't let anyone fool you

-- Posted by Bleed Green OG on Wed, Oct 18, 2017, at 12:46 PM
  • OH I Know it's not. It's not nearly big enough to host a sectional.

-- Posted by SEMOvbfan on Wed, Oct 18, 2017, at 1:08 PM
  • Guess if Valle wins somebody is going to be "livid". LOL

-- Posted by ozzyandharriet on Wed, Oct 18, 2017, at 2:07 PM
  • LOL I'm sure a lot of folks will be. I remember the year Leopold hosted sectionals with Bernie and Lesterville. They didn't have enough room for all the people that came. I remember administration asking people from the losing teams to leave so others could sit. Crazy to ask someone to leave just because they lost.

Maybe Valle or St Vincent administration will do the right thing and find a more suitable facility to accommodate ALL.

-- Posted by SEMOvbfan on Wed, Oct 18, 2017, at 2:17 PM
  • The gym will be crowded but it will hold everyone. Its Saturday for crying out loud, once Valle plays everyone will leave and head to the bar......you can have the whole place to yourself.

-- Posted by blue recruiter on Thu, Oct 19, 2017, at 8:49 AM
  • Its been a minute since I have been to Valle, but 150 people in that gym is a crowd.

-- Posted by Coachken on Thu, Oct 19, 2017, at 8:52 AM
  • I talked to a Valle parent last night and she told me a large crowd isn't possible at Valle's gym. She told me no way could they hold the crowd that was at Lesterville last year.

I know these 4 schools involved will bring big crowds and would be awful if they turned people away. Hopefully per regulations the state holds for holding a sectional will see and move this sectional. Valle doesn't meet several of the requirements to host it.

-- Posted by SEMOvbfan on Thu, Oct 19, 2017, at 10:58 AM
  • The gym will be packed for sure, but I don't think they will have to turn people away or ask people to leave once their team is eliminated. If you want to sit get there early or plan on standing in one of the corners. One plus will be that the SG fans that would go to these matches will be headed to SLU. Rosati has moved their sectional to SLU

-- Posted by heshootshescores on Thu, Oct 19, 2017, at 11:06 AM
  • Rosati gym is about the size of Valle.

-- Posted by SEMOvbfan on Thu, Oct 19, 2017, at 12:13 PM
  • Metro moved the sectional in Class2 to Vashon high school because of seating capacity issues. That's 2 down and now MSHSAA needs to do the right thing and move the Valle sectional. Shouldn't even be a question.

-- Posted by SEMOvbfan on Thu, Oct 19, 2017, at 12:34 PM
  • Sounds like someone is afraid of home court advantage....it won't matter, trust me.

-- Posted by blue recruiter on Thu, Oct 19, 2017, at 12:50 PM
  • I have a feeling that even if it was moved up the street 3 blocks to SG you'd still find something to complain about. Can't you just be excited that your team is in Sectionals? Guarantee you'll find more places to eat and have a drink at in SG than advance, lesterville, or Gideon.

-- Posted by Simpleminds on Thu, Oct 19, 2017, at 1:16 PM
  • You obviously miss the point. I know I can't wait to see Advance win it.

-- Posted by SEMOvbfan on Thu, Oct 19, 2017, at 1:41 PM
  • Don't hold your breath. Valle is a very good team and would be a hand full no matter where they play, but they will have a big home court advantage and they earned it fair and square.

-- Posted by heshootshescores on Thu, Oct 19, 2017, at 3:40 PM
  • But if people can't get in or have to stand is it really the appropriate site? Your not talking thousands of people it's a few hundred which Valle can't hold. This should be a great experience for the kids and their fans. Having this at a site that can't accomadate is giving one team an advantagE.

-- Posted by Coachken on Thu, Oct 19, 2017, at 3:55 PM
  • I have no idea how many people the other schools will bring, but I've seen that place packed before and it will be a great experience for the kids, maybe not so much for the fans or refs. Get there early and good luck to all the teams.

-- Posted by heshootshescores on Thu, Oct 19, 2017, at 3:59 PM
  • You guys are getting way to worked up about a volleyball game. If the place is packed and you can't get in life will go on. Sunday morning will come and it will be a beautiful day. Actually, if I was a Valle fan I would pack that place early and say good luck to the other teams fans.

-- Posted by ESPN05 on Thu, Oct 19, 2017, at 4:21 PM
  • Class 3 is being played at St. Louis University High School Gym.

-- Posted by volleballfan on Thu, Oct 19, 2017, at 4:39 PM
  • No, SEMOVBFan makes an excellent point. It's really not fair to those schools' communities when they'll allegedly be told that they cannot enter without a ticket. It may not seem like a big deal to some such as anonymous volleyball haters on Semoball but it means a lot for these girls, their families and friends, their schools and teachers and classmates, and just their supporters in general.

I don't think SEMOVBFan brought this up just because he or she is a Valle Catholic hater, because I'm sure (s)he knows that Valle will be tough regardless of where they play. But when these girls play, they are proudly representing their schools and their communities and that means a lot to them and I'd like to think they would want as many fans there as possible. Like I said, it may not mean much to some but for these girls, it does.

Just my two cents...

-- Posted by The Legend on Thu, Oct 19, 2017, at 7:27 PM
  • Or instead of sitting on a forum and complaining about something that is literally out of your control. Discuss each team and give some good insight on the games. Obviously the person knows a good deal about advance volleyball how about enlighten others who arent familiar. Most people are tired of reading about day and half complaining about a gym.

-- Posted by ESPN05 on Thu, Oct 19, 2017, at 8:42 PM
  • There will be enough room for everyone. It's Volleyball. I don't think it'll be a problem.

-- Posted by blue recruiter on Thu, Oct 19, 2017, at 9:00 PM
  • Life ain't fair. This is the year the district 4 winner gets to host sectionals/quarterfinals. Valle doesn't owe anybody anything. They won their district so they host. Fans are fans. We don't play. The kids from all teams have a chance to rise up. If grandma or grandpa doesn't get to see it, well, life ain't fair.

-- Posted by ozzyandharriet on Fri, Oct 20, 2017, at 10:00 AM
  • Accomodations will be made for people to see the game(s) of their choice. This isn't the first time Valle's ever hosted a sporting event. The Valle and SG players have said for years they prefer to play the crosstown game at Valle as it feels like the crowd is right on top of them and electric. Personally, I don't see why you as a fan would not give up a spot so fans of the teams playing could watch. If you're not a coach, you don't need to scout.

Again, there are plenty of places to visit while in SG. If you like smoked meats/sausage, go to Oberle's or Callier's - both very popular amongst visitors. Pizza and bar food or cold drinks, Sirros right down the street from Valle. Missouri wines, Show Me Shop. Of course there are other restaurants, your basic fast food plus, Buddy's Place, The Anvil, The Old Brick, etc.

Bottom line, let's just all have fun, enjoy the day and atmosphere, and root your respective teams on in a respectful manner. Valle fans will be more than welcoming and be able to assist you if you need help with directions or anything. Safe travels to all!! Should be an exciting day of volleyball.

-- Posted by Simpleminds on Fri, Oct 20, 2017, at 11:07 AM
  • LOL Don't know who you are talking to but SG fans, coaches and players would much rather play their games in SG's gym.

-- Posted by heshootshescores on Fri, Oct 20, 2017, at 12:24 PM
  • Simpleminds I wouldn't go that far! But he is right about everything else! Just enjoy the experience and win lose or draw stop off by Calliers and grab ya some lunch, you wont be dissapointed.

-- Posted by Bleed Green OG on Fri, Oct 20, 2017, at 12:34 PM
  • Play at Valle instead of SG....yeah said nobody ever that isn't wearing a blue shirt.

-- Posted by Coachken on Fri, Oct 20, 2017, at 12:56 PM
  • Sorry fellas, didn't know I was gonna hurt feelings. But since you wanna ask, those words were said by 3-4 girls off SG's team after last year's Valle/SG game, or should I say SG/Valle game. And I would know cause I was one of the parent's talking to those girls, along with others fr Valle's team. Also recall the same sentiment by girls my age. Never once said Valle's gym was better, just comparing the atmospheres.

I hope your day gets better.

-- Posted by Simpleminds on Fri, Oct 20, 2017, at 1:13 PM
  • Pretty small sample size. Again lol

-- Posted by heshootshescores on Fri, Oct 20, 2017, at 1:41 PM
  • If you're claustrophobic and like the feeling of walls closing in in you, Valles gym is the place to be!

-- Posted by blue recruiter on Sat, Oct 21, 2017, at 7:32 AM
  • It must be tough to make a bold statement and back it up with a tiny sample size. Hope your day gets better.

-- Posted by heshootshescores on Sat, Oct 21, 2017, at 9:42 AM

Just curious since I canít make it.. how is the size of the gym holding up?

-- Posted by BlueNote on Sat, Oct 21, 2017, at 3:34 PM
  • No problem whatsoever. No one had to be turned away like all you experts predicted. Even though there was never a 3rd set needed, each set was closely contested. Great day of volleyball. Very loud too. As I said, great atmosphere for volleyball.

-- Posted by Simpleminds on Sat, Oct 21, 2017, at 8:58 PM
  • No one was turned away because a lot of fans stayed home due to the small capacity and inadequate conditions for disabled family members. But I will say the Valle people themselves were good hosts.

-- Posted by richierich on Sat, Oct 21, 2017, at 10:29 PM
  • #Fake news.

Nice moniker btw, think it pretty much tells all there is to know.

Again, atmosphere was probably the loudest I may have seen for a volleyball game, even more than SG/Valle games. Not sure how girls could hear their coaches during timeouts.

Best moment though was when Valle's team prayed after the game, surrounded by a circle of fans that encompassed the entire gym floor, Lesterville's fans became silent and afterwards clapped. Hope everyone made it home safely!!

-- Posted by Simpleminds on Sun, Oct 22, 2017, at 9:06 AM
  • Not fake news at all. Tons of fans from at least one of the schools decided not to make the trip due to the reasons listed above. One family in particular, the grandfather has to help his wife to the restroom and didn't want to accept the invitation to the difficulty of helping her into a porta potty inside a tent. Want more stories? What does a moniker chosen at random have to do with anything? Stay on subject.

-- Posted by richierich on Sun, Oct 22, 2017, at 9:58 AM
  • Drove by the School last night and they had a Porta potty sitting by the front door and across the street they had 2 Orange cones taped up with handicap stickers! Really?

-- Posted by Bleed Green OG on Sun, Oct 22, 2017, at 10:11 AM
  • You guys would make great CNN reporters.

Again let's get to the whole story. Valle's gym IS handicapped accessible, there IS a handicapped accessible bathroom but you'd have to use another entrance to get to it, therefore, MSHSAA suggested the johnny, despite it not being a MUST.

From my estimate I'd say there were 50 or more spots still available on Lesterville's side (during the sectional game vs Valle) and some were even Valle fans over there. So if some fans didn't show it was only cause there were so many crying wolf. Valle's fans would've been more than accommodating.

-- Posted by Simpleminds on Sun, Oct 22, 2017, at 12:07 PM
  • You guys All complain basically about the rich getting richer (on the field) yet then you complain when our facilities aren't as adequate as yours. As I said, we don't get the "luxury" tax money public schools do. So I guess we'll apologize we didn't dig more into our pockets to afford new schools, bigger and more accommodating gyms, etc. All the time while SG is spending $ on large video boards overlooking their field and gym, boards that are used to tell the crowd when to cheer, and an ever revolving display of all their sponsors. Look at Grandview HS who spent millions of taxpayers $ to construct a new all turf football field a few yrs back for a team who often only won 1 game a yr if they were lucky and now doesn't even have a varsity team. But hey they have a great walking track now for the old timers, which is how I was told they sold the idea of a new field to the community.

I guess the whole recruiting thing was getting old so instead let's attack their fields and gym and school in general. Well you got us, and I get it, we're hated. But life goes on.

See ya guys at work Monday. 👍

-- Posted by Simpleminds on Sun, Oct 22, 2017, at 12:26 PM
  • That Video Board didn't cost us crap just like it didn't cost u to renovate the Duborg Center! Valle has had ample opportunity to renovate that Gym but they would rather spend their money on the football and Baseball team and a place to wash your sins away on a Saturday night!!

-- Posted by Bleed Green OG on Sun, Oct 22, 2017, at 12:36 PM
  • Instead of a gym, they added another level to their press box.

-- Posted by Coachken on Sun, Oct 22, 2017, at 12:53 PM
  • Meanwhile the Vistors bleachers are a death trap!!

-- Posted by Bleed Green OG on Sun, Oct 22, 2017, at 1:12 PM
  • Makes no sense to host at Valle unless capacity is not an issue. People at Valle are great. The gym not so much.

-- Posted by taxpayer parent on Sun, Oct 22, 2017, at 7:25 PM
  • The gym at Valle is very small but I was there for the games and I seen no problem with seating. If anything, the atmosphere was electric. I don't blame Valle for wanting to keep it there. They earned it fair and square.

-- Posted by cruzin on Sun, Oct 22, 2017, at 8:32 PM
  • Coach Fischer has been coaching at Valle for 35 years, surpassed 700 victories this year. This was the first year in coach Fischer's coaching career to be able to host sectionals, how in the world was she going to turn that down? First time in 35 years!

If people want to blame anybody, blame MSHSAA, it's their rule. In basketball sectionals MSHSAA has a neutral site in a big venue.

Saturday turned out just fine.

-- Posted by bunthimover on Sun, Oct 22, 2017, at 9:19 PM
  • A lot of jealousy.. Simpleminds, If you think the hate is bad now, I'm pretty sure after Friday, the only active sport on the hill will be basketball.

-- Posted by blue recruiter on Mon, Oct 23, 2017, at 8:17 AM
  • Jealousy Who brought up the video board and Grandwiew's turf field lol Hate check out your last post about what's going on up on the hill lol again

-- Posted by heshootshescores on Mon, Oct 23, 2017, at 10:54 AM
  • I believe Simpleminds was referring back to Norm who was bashing Valle for putting up a port a potty and handicapped cones to accommodate everyone. I think there may of been maybe 3 cars total parked there all day. As stated above, some chose not to come. Their choice. Valle contacted MSHSAA and was in compliance with them what to do, and they did it. Jealousy is a part of human nature. Video screens and new field houses are nice but at the end of the day they don't win games.

-- Posted by cruzin on Mon, Oct 23, 2017, at 11:52 AM
  • You gave to Admit it wasn't the best look Cruzin? And for the record I dont blame Valle for wanting to Host they deserved it but why not ask to Use the CC or even our Facilities? In the past Valle has asked to use our Baseball field, Football field and even our track, so why not our Gymnasium that has multiple indoor restrooms and A elevator to assist the Handicap! Heck it even has a Video Board that tells you when to Cheer!!

-- Posted by Bleed Green OG on Mon, Oct 23, 2017, at 12:01 PM
  • Valle asked about SGs gym but was told there wasn't any administrators that were available to be onsite due to other scheduled events. So SGs gym was out. The CC has about as much seating capacity as Valle's gym. Much bigger facility just not much seating. Plus the dividing screen, although raised, sits low and would've gotten its own share of balls into it.

Why would I be jealous of video screens that serve zero purpose? To me, the screen at the field could be used during track events to show the finish line and to display the results. Maybe the finish line thing is against MSHSAA policy, not sure why it would be though as it's not an officials call. But I'm sure displaying the results and times of all the runners would be ok. Maybe someone can tell me why that's not done. Sure would be helpful to the fans.

I never said anything about being jealous so don't bring me into that, I just said we're hated. As a former Riverdogs baseball coach I think it's great SG has the turf fields now and they allow all teams to play on them. Makes it so much easier on everyone especially those coaches who volunteer all their time. Grandviews football field was just a waste of $.

Back to volleyball - congrats to coach Fischer and the team for returning to state again. Hopefully we can get it done this year.

-- Posted by Simpleminds on Mon, Oct 23, 2017, at 12:56 PM
  • Never once mentioned anybody by name. As simple would say Hope your day gets better.

-- Posted by heshootshescores on Mon, Oct 23, 2017, at 1:50 PM
  • Class 1 final four prediction....

NC 1st

VC 2nd

New Haven 3rd

Winona 4th

-- Posted by blue recruiter on Tue, Oct 24, 2017, at 10:54 AM
  • I think Valle Catholic will win it this year. Then again, I'm from the area and seen them play often. Their defense is the best I've seen, any size school. Should be a fun weekend!

-- Posted by cruzin on Tue, Oct 24, 2017, at 1:00 PM
  • Class 1 Valle defeats N Christian Champs

New Haven beats Winona for 3rd

Class 2 St. Pius defeats Strafford Champs

Hermann beats St. Michael's

Class 3 L. South beats Helias Champs

Pleasant Hill beats Incarnate for 3rd

Class 4 St. Joe beats Ozark Champs

St. Teresa beats St. Dominic for 3rd

-- Posted by heshootshescores on Tue, Oct 24, 2017, at 1:42 PM
  • I've been to most of them as well, I just think "over confidence" gets the best of them. Hope I am wrong.

-- Posted by blue recruiter on Tue, Oct 24, 2017, at 1:53 PM
  • I would trust that Coach Fischer will not allow over confidence to get the best of them. This team has no glaring weak spots and the fact that N Christian got them last year will be enough to keep them from being over confident. Valle wins in 3 very close sets and might be the most competitive championship match of the tournament.

-- Posted by heshootshescores on Tue, Oct 24, 2017, at 3:12 PM
  • Heshoots, you know as well as I do the coach can say whatever he/she can to keep them calm, but we are still talking about kids. I think you are right about it being close, there will be a lot of nail biting for sure. Good luck to all.

-- Posted by blue recruiter on Tue, Oct 24, 2017, at 3:29 PM
  • Not sure why you would think Valle would be over confident. They lost to N Christian last year in the championship game. Can't see where over confidence would be an issue.

-- Posted by cruzin on Tue, Oct 24, 2017, at 3:58 PM
  • They really weren't tested too many times this year. You're right though. Last year walking through pool play made them over confident and N Christian put it to them. hopefully it wont happen again. We shall see.

-- Posted by blue recruiter on Wed, Oct 25, 2017, at 7:30 AM
  • If I remember correctly, Valle actually broke even with N. Christian, beating them in pool play and then losing the next time around when N.Christian came out of pool play to meet Valle in the championship.

-- Posted by taxpayer parent on Wed, Oct 25, 2017, at 9:54 AM
  • Class1

Northland Christian over Valle in the final

New Haven over Winona for 3rd

Class 2

Hermann over Pius for 1st place

Strafford over St Michaels

Class 3

Helias over Lutheran South for 1st place

PH over IWA for 3rd

Class 4

St Joe over STA in the final

Ozark over St Dominic for 3rd

I think Class 1 will come down to who wins the Valle/New Haven match to play Northland in the final. Northland has thumped a lot of Class 3 and Class 4 teams this year. Laid a pretty good beating on Strafford in 2 earlier this year. Northland also lost in 3 to Class 4 Park Hill South who was several points away from beating STA in sectionals. Valle's defense is sick and the hitting in sectionals was dominated by Bauman. Bauman had 18 kills against Lesterville but that was really it for the hitting. I'm sure the others will be hyped up and ready to pound. They will need all the big guns to beat Northland. Northland has 5 girls with over 200 kills each. That's a solid balance. Northland seems to be on mission to repeat and folks in NorthKC think this is one of the best teams in the state in all classes. New Haven has 2 very solid middles and then role players that know how to fill in the holes. Watched New Haven at the SEMO tourney and they looked solid. Not sure how they will do against Valle or Northland but should be in the fold for the final. Winona I just think is going to be outmatched. Don't see them winning but maybe 1 or 2 at state.

Class 2 will be a battle between Hermann, Strafford and Pius. This could come down a few points. I've watched both Hermann and Pius this year and I would say Hermann was the better looking team. Though Pius just got back Grimmsaw the week before and she is a difference maker. Class 2 will be a heck of a battle.

Class 3 will be tough but give the edge to Helias. Big girls for Helias and they've played a tough schedule of Class 4 teams. Pleasant Hill still has the sister combo that will be tough to stop. Lutheran South isn't big but those kids can flat out play D. Watched them numerous times this year and they just don't stop playing D. This will be a heck of a Class 3. IWA schedule isn't that hot but they do play all the big privates in STL. Just don't see them having enough to make the final.

Class 4 will be a interesting but give the edge to St Joe by beating LAFAYETTE. Plus being ranked top 15 in the nation. Battle national #1 Walton and almost pulled off the upset in Louisville. STA is going to be tough as nails this year too. Big bombers are underclassmen but I hear the D for the Stars is on point. Ozark will do the Ozark thing and finish playing for third. Which I think would be the 7th year missing the final. St Dominic I assume will be outmatched by the other 3. Lost to St Joe already this year.

Should be a great final four in all 4 classes. I see 3 teams in each class having a chance to make the final.

-- Posted by SEMOvbfan on Wed, Oct 25, 2017, at 10:09 AM
  • taxpayer parent you are correct. Valle swept NC and never led the game on Saturday during the match. NC was an entirely different team on Saturday.

-- Posted by blue recruiter on Wed, Oct 25, 2017, at 10:13 AM
  • Northland Christian did their homework after playing Valle on Friday. Came out looking like a complete different team against Valle for the championship. Valle looked like deer in headlights. Hope they can make it to the finals and a different outcome this year.

-- Posted by cruzin on Wed, Oct 25, 2017, at 11:01 AM
  • We can talk about Valle all we want. And there is no denying they have an advantage over the public schools. However, it pails in comparison to Northland Christian. What a joke. They are located in a great area of Kansas City(obviously a densely populated area) and they have 115 kids in their high school, yet they can have possibly the best volleyball team in Missouri probably in either class 1 or 2? JOKE!

-- Posted by ozzyandharriet on Wed, Oct 25, 2017, at 12:17 PM
  • ozzyandharriet I don't get your post? Are you saying Northland is a joke because they are in a densely populated area or them having the best Class 1 or 2 team is a joke?

-- Posted by SEMOvbfan on Wed, Oct 25, 2017, at 1:19 PM
  • I'm saying its a joke that they only have 115 kids, yet they seem to produce a volleyball powerhouse that is probably the best team in class 1 or 2. It's an obvious advantage over the public schools. Time to get the privates in their own class.

-- Posted by ozzyandharriet on Wed, Oct 25, 2017, at 1:31 PM
  • Oh I gotcha! They must only recruit volleyball players.

-- Posted by SEMOvbfan on Wed, Oct 25, 2017, at 2:25 PM
  • ozzyandharriet, in regards to post about Northland...Not true at all. Northland has had the perfect storm. The core group of girls that comprise the volleyball team have attended the school since kindergarten....they have played sports together since the 4th grade, and most of them play 2 sports because we are small. Northland has never recruited any athlete since its inception. The core girls play club volleyball and have honed their skills over the last 8 years. These girls have worked hard to get to this level of play. Northland joined MSHSAA 3 years ago and have won their district all 3 years. Made it to the Sectional finals in its first year and lost to Santa Fe. Won it the last two and have played Santa Fe all 3 years for the right to go to State. These girls compete against Class 3A and 4A schools so they are tested. So before you call us a JOKE....check your facts....See you Friday on the court.

-- Posted by NWMOVBdad on Wed, Oct 25, 2017, at 6:39 PM
  • I don't think any intelligent person would take what I said as calling the girls that play in that team a "joke." I obviously was talking about something else. Hopefully New Haven or Winona can win the title.

-- Posted by ozzyandharriet on Wed, Oct 25, 2017, at 6:59 PM
  • I misstated the word JOKE. I took your comments as you were saying that because Northland is a private school that they went out and recruited the volleyball girls...which again is not true. Please see the fact that the girls have been there since Kindergarten. If I am assuming wrong...again, please enlighten us on what you are referring to...Thank you

-- Posted by NWMOVBdad on Wed, Oct 25, 2017, at 7:46 PM
  • They still have a huge advantage. Would all these girls go to the same public school?

-- Posted by Coachken on Wed, Oct 25, 2017, at 8:04 PM
  • I can't wait to see this team that is probably better than any Class 1 or Class 2 team. Sounds like they can walk on water. Friday can't get here soon enough!

-- Posted by cruzin on Wed, Oct 25, 2017, at 8:14 PM
  • Yes they would all go to the same public school. Cruzin, they can be beat on any given day. Any team can. Just don't like it when people have the wrong perception of why a team is good. And just because it is a private school doesn't mean they recruit. Other private schools might, but I am not sure and don't care....These girls work hard for their rewards....our school does not belong to a conference so they play whoever will schedule us....like I said it is the perfect storm...our team consists of 8 Seniors and 2 Juniors...Ask any of the class 2,3 or 4 schools from the KC area and they will tell you that the core players are very good and well respected. They are not egotistical and are very humble. These girls play with a passion because they love the game. Just like the other 3 teams at State they have one goal in mind, to win State...That is why you play the games....I wish all the teams the best. Coachken, why do you think they have a huge advantage over any other school? Northland is part of MSHSSA and has to abide by the rules as every other school....just curious...

-- Posted by NWMOVBdad on Wed, Oct 25, 2017, at 8:47 PM
  • NWMOVBdad, the same things are said of Valle Catholic all the time. Not so much in volleyball, but football is suspect almost daily. Valle does not recruit but when you have a winning program, the haters will hate. Valle has had the parents and even grandparents of the students attend the school. They have been called out and we encourage anyone to give a name of a kid that has been recruited. No one can cause it's not happening. Good luck to your team when they're playing New Haven and Winona.

-- Posted by cruzin on Wed, Oct 25, 2017, at 9:17 PM
  • Cruzin. Thank you and same time to Valle..Look forward to some good volleyball. Safe travels to all the teams..

-- Posted by NWMOVBdad on Wed, Oct 25, 2017, at 11:03 PM
  • What public school would they go to?

-- Posted by Coachken on Thu, Oct 26, 2017, at 5:10 AM
  • I would almost bet the kids would go to 1 of the Park Hill schools. I think Northland is a couple miles away from Park Hill.

-- Posted by SEMOvbfan on Thu, Oct 26, 2017, at 8:53 AM
  • CoachKen,

I was wrong...3 of the kids would go to Platte County High School and 1 would go to Staley...they all live within 3 miles of each other but due to the school district boundaries they would not all go to the same High School

-- Posted by NWMOVBdad on Thu, Oct 26, 2017, at 10:25 AM
  • The point id that the advantage is they are able to draw kids from a large/densely populated area. That is a major advantage for a school participating in class 1 sports. That is not to say they have cheated.

I don't doubt that the girls are driven to be successful. Otherwise, their team would not be who they are. I never take these discussions as a knock on the kids or their families. But it's an obvious advantage over public schools such as New Haven or Winona. It's even an advantage over Valle because St. Gen is such a rural area.

-- Posted by ozzyandharriet on Thu, Oct 26, 2017, at 10:32 AM
  • I would say it's the same with Valle too. They could draw catholic kids from Cape, Farmington or the whole SEMO area. Can't pick and choose on this issue. They all would have to be classified the same if you are going that route. That's exactly why the private/public separation won't ever pass. Me for one don't really care but if I had a choice to do something I wouldn't allow any private school in Class1. Or go the route that all privates are bumped up 1 class. So these 2 would be in Class 2. I would still say Northland would be at state in Class 2 over St Michael.

-- Posted by SEMOvbfan on Thu, Oct 26, 2017, at 12:42 PM
  • We will start getting some answers in the morning. Safe travels and good luck.

-- Posted by heshootshescores on Thu, Oct 26, 2017, at 10:32 PM
  • New Haven putting it to the Lady Warriors!

-- Posted by blue recruiter on Fri, Oct 27, 2017, at 10:41 AM
  • New Haven wins first set 25-19

-- Posted by blue recruiter on Fri, Oct 27, 2017, at 10:43 AM
  • Valle splits first game with New Haven

25-19 NH

25-12 VC

-- Posted by blue recruiter on Fri, Oct 27, 2017, at 11:04 AM
  • Valle beats Winona in 2. Northland split with New Haven.

-- Posted by cruzin on Fri, Oct 27, 2017, at 1:08 PM
  • This next one is going to be good!!

-- Posted by blue recruiter on Fri, Oct 27, 2017, at 1:12 PM
  • Yes it is. Both teams are 3-1 on the day.

-- Posted by cruzin on Fri, Oct 27, 2017, at 1:36 PM
  • Northland is good!!!!

-- Posted by blue recruiter on Fri, Oct 27, 2017, at 2:11 PM
  • Valle looked like the 3rd best team today. Rightfully so.

-- Posted by blue recruiter on Fri, Oct 27, 2017, at 2:43 PM
  • Yes you're right blue recruiter. Valle was the 3rd best team there today. Hats off to Northland and New Haven.

-- Posted by cruzin on Fri, Oct 27, 2017, at 4:57 PM
  • SEMOvbfan, Ozzieandharriet, heshootshescores, wanted to get your take on the Class 1 matches today. Cruzin and blue recruiter, thank you for the compliments. Looking forward to a final match up with New Haven....it is going to be fun.

-- Posted by NWMOVBdad on Fri, Oct 27, 2017, at 6:54 PM
  • Have to go with your kids to win it all again. New Haven is very methodical and doesn't wow you, but they play a very sound game. If they stay away from unforced errors as they did today it will be competitive. Best of luck to your daughter and the rest of the girls.

-- Posted by heshootshescores on Fri, Oct 27, 2017, at 6:59 PM
  • Let's go New Haven and Winona!!!

-- Posted by IndianPride on Fri, Oct 27, 2017, at 8:03 PM
  • Lol indianpride.....dont you wish you could be there. Pathetic

-- Posted by blue recruiter on Fri, Oct 27, 2017, at 10:21 PM
  • And heshootshescores, quit sucking up...you picked Valle to win and now you wanna kiss a**.....dont you wish you could've been there once?

-- Posted by blue recruiter on Fri, Oct 27, 2017, at 10:25 PM
  • What's pathetic blue? I imagine I can root for whoever I like!

-- Posted by IndianPride on Sat, Oct 28, 2017, at 10:25 AM
  • Blue recruiter, IndianPride was there yesterday!

-- Posted by cruzin on Sat, Oct 28, 2017, at 11:05 AM
  • @ Blue Recruiter.. You sound like a butthurt Liberal who's team never had a chance with your incoherent, non factual rants. Leave the name calling and bantering somewhere else.

-- Posted by FauxEinstein on Sat, Oct 28, 2017, at 11:43 AM

Hey FauxEinstein...let's leave the name calling and bantering to TRUMP... I think he'd do the best job!

-- Posted by indian73 on Sat, Oct 28, 2017, at 2:48 PM
  • To all. Thank you for a wonderful Friday and Saturday. I think Northland proved why they have been ranked #1 all season in the State. No we don't recruit for anybody that didn't see that earlier. It will be a while before you see Northland back at State. Safe travels to all headed home.

-- Posted by NWMOVBdad on Sat, Oct 28, 2017, at 5:42 PM
  • @Indian73 do you need a safe place? I'm sure your parent's basement right now is fine isn't it? Lol

-- Posted by FauxEinstein on Sat, Oct 28, 2017, at 7:19 PM
  • Gosh, can we PLEASE leave politics off Semoball?

Congratulations to Northland Christian School, St. Pius X, Helias Catholic, and St. Joseph's Academy on their state championships. See you all next volleyball season! *cheers*

-- Posted by The Legend on Mon, Oct 30, 2017, at 12:00 AM

Respond to this thread

Posting a comment requires free registration: