Perryville Volleyball Tournament Schedule

Posted by coachmirly on Tue, Sep 20, 2016, at 1:46 PM:

Here is the link for the Perryville Volleyball Tournament Schedule. Should be a great day of VB.

http://www.perryville.k12.mo.us/Page/3217

Replies (8)

• Thanks, Coach Dave!

Man, Pool A is rather stacked with Valle Catholic, Lesterville, and Bloomfield. Lesterville's beaten Class 4 Farmington, Bloomfield's beaten Class 3 Notre Dame, and Valle Catholic beat a lot of bigger schools over the weekend at a tournament up in St. Charles. Bernie and Bismarck should come out on top in Pool C, and Advance and Perryville should in Pool D. I like Saxony and Arcadia Valley in Pool B. Gun to my head, I'd pick Valle Catholic and Bloomfield to advance in Pool A.

Really looking forward to this tournament!

-- Posted by The Legend on Wed, Sep 21, 2016, at 12:43 AM
  • How did the teams finish up today?

-- Posted by volleballfan on Sat, Oct 1, 2016, at 9:49 PM
  • Valle took 1st, I think 25-23, 25-23, over Advance. Advance defeated Bismarck in 2 sets in semi. Valle defeated Arcadia Valley in 2 sets in semi. Also in Gold bracket was Bloomfield, Perryville, Bernie, and St Vincent.

-- Posted by Simpleminds on Sat, Oct 1, 2016, at 10:04 PM
  • I sure how this tourney doesn't die with Mirly leaving Perryville.

-- Posted by semovbfan on Tue, Jan 17, 2017, at 11:59 AM
  • I hope not either, SEMOVBFan. It's the most competitive and toughest tournament in our area. Have they hired a new coach yet at Perryville? I wonder if Jackson will be in the Perryville Tournament now that that's where Coach Dave is. None of the tournaments on Jackson's current schedule are really that good: they play in some preview tournament over at Carbondale (not sure how the volleyball is across the river..) and then the watered-down Dig for Life/SEMO Classic where good teams are dropping like flies and then the SEMO Conference Tournament where aside from Notre Dame and Poplar Bluff the teams just don't give Jackson any competition. I could see Jackson leaving one of those tournaments and joining the Perryville Tournament. I don't think it will die with Coach Dave leaving (or I surely hope it doesn't!)

-- Posted by The Legend on Fri, Feb 10, 2017, at 3:57 AM
  • I heard they hired the St Vincent coach but I'm not sure. I just hope it keeps going and would be smart to add Jackson.

I heard SEMO was finally getting smart and adjusting the format of it's tourney. Splitting teams into gold/silver but calling it something different. You generally have the same top 16-20 teams make gold each year and those teams should be allowed to battle each other that weekend. Hopefully no more scores of 25-2 will come up. Makes for some boring games for those kids. If I were a coach I would much rather go lose all my games 23-25 than win 25-2.

Should be some really tough teams this year.

-- Posted by semovbfan on Wed, May 10, 2017, at 8:45 AM
  • Yeah, former St. Vincent coach Cindy Cissell has been hired as the new coach at Perryville.

Even if the SEMO Classics changed its format, I don't think the teams that have left will come back. They've joined better and tougher tournaments. I've heard through the grapevine that Advance has left the Woodland Tournament and will be playing in the Notre Dame Volleyball Fest, but can't confirm if that's true or not. I think they'll be the team to beat this year though. Not sure about Bernie as they're losing their two best players this year. Be interesting to see how Notre Dame does under their new coach, and I'm sure Coach Dave can turn the program around at Jackson. Dexter will still have the Garrison girl so they'll be tough to beat as well. I've heard that Bloomfield is getting a new coach but again, can't confirm the rumors. Sure am looking forward to scouting the teams over the summer! Volleyball season will be here before we know it!

-- Posted by The Legend on Thu, May 11, 2017, at 12:30 AM
  • Jackson is in the Perryville tournament this year along with the tournament at SEMO. I know the plan as of last year was to increase the competition at SEMO by splitting the brackets. Regarding the Carbondale tournament in the past, it was good competition.

-- Posted by IndianPride on Thu, May 11, 2017, at 5:37 PM

Respond to this thread

Posting a comment requires free registration: