High School Softball Forum: Cape vs Kelly - Home Cookin?

Posted by huganut on Wed, Sep 12, 2012, at 7:42 PM:

Seen to alot of softball games over the years, but have never seen the call I did today. In the bottom of the 6th Kelly leading by one, Cape has the bases loaded and the catcher raised her hand to ask for time. The pitcher lowers her arms and is called for an illegal pitch which lets the tying run score. The home plate ump never said anything. The base ump calls the illegal pitch even though he is standing by second base and could not see the pitchers arms. Also the pitcher never stepped off the rubber. It was a very good game and my hats off to the Hawks for the win in 8 innings. Smells like some home cookin to me.

Replies (2)

• Ok, then if the pitcher did this a couple of times before, wouldn't that be the time to call an illegal pitch? Did the umps not see this prior to the sixth inning? It should have been called when there was no runners on. That way it doesn't affect the outcome. I have always had a problem with an official making a call that can decide the outcome. Both teams played hard and this call could have changed the outcome. I give props to both teams, but the timing of this call still smells fishy.

-- Posted by huganut on Wed, Sep 12, 2012, at 9:13 PM
  • Was a good game and both teams played hard. Some of these umps just suck. Catcher even heard ump call time after both the batter and the cather ask for it.

-- Posted by hawk85 on Wed, Sep 12, 2012, at 9:19 PM

Respond to this thread

Posting a comment requires free registration: