High School Softball Forum: 2018 softball

Posted by mosoftballfan on Tue, Nov 28, 2017, at 10:43 AM:

Who will make strong runs this season? First games begin in March!!!

Replies (7)

• Oran will be really good from what I hear.

-- Posted by Bleed Green OG on Tue, Nov 28, 2017, at 2:03 PM
  • Mosoftball who do you think? Unlike the fall followers i along with alot of others really enjoyed all the teams that competed last year, great games every where and really great to see girls athletics reaching new levels. Theres definitely some great multi sport female athletes out there striving to win and play at the next level.

-- Posted by Gr8sports on Sat, Dec 2, 2017, at 10:55 PM
  • Portageville came on strong at the end of last season. They may be a team to keep an eye on. Park Hills will be playing this spring. They could be interesting. Kennett and Scott City each lost a great player to graduation-the catcher at Kennett and Glastetter at Scott City. Both teams still have solid pitching. Malden and Oran should also be strong. And a team that could be a sleeper is Bernie—teams better not take them for granted. Those 8 teams are just off the top of my head. Any others?

-- Posted by mosoftballfan on Thu, Dec 7, 2017, at 11:08 AM
  • I think the winners of the districts in are area will be, D1 portageville,

D2 kennett, D3 bernie, D4 "toss up" they have park hills, oran, scott city, any of the 3 could do well in state but 2 will not see state. D5 woodland. District 4 will be the hardest to win in are area.

-- Posted by sonnyboy8 on Fri, Dec 15, 2017, at 9:17 AM
  • D5 is easily Clearwater as they return everybody and added talent. Last year they destroyed Woodland in the championship by the 10 run rule. They have one of the better pitchers in the area and will score a lot of runs every game. This year however West County is down and so Clearwater will be the favorite to go head to head with Strafford in a Regional Matchup. I will however agree that adding Park Hills to D4 makes it the toughest district. Oran is a great team but Scott City is a bit overrated.

-- Posted by softballfam on Fri, Dec 15, 2017, at 10:49 AM
  • Bleed Green OG, something in the water at Oran, they breed good athletes down there.

-- Posted by The deltan on Fri, Dec 15, 2017, at 11:21 AM
  • I thought clearwater's starting pitcher graduated, but I don't know clearwater area that well so you could be correct.

-- Posted by sonnyboy8 on Fri, Dec 15, 2017, at 12:36 PM

Respond to this thread

Posting a comment requires free registration: