Notre Dame Boys Soccer

Posted by CentralBearcats on Mon, Oct 31, 2016, at 10:37 AM:

The boys this year had an unbelievable season. They won their district beating Perryville 2-0. They have not won their district since 2010. The boys had one of their best records with 17-4-1 I think. What are your thoughts on the future of the program and where Notre Dame soccer is heading?

Replies (11)

• I would say good considering we have had our best season since 2010. Its not a very hard question with a pretty linear answer...I don't think this team is as tough as the 08-09' State team though.

-- Posted by PimpDaddyTaddy on Mon, Oct 31, 2016, at 11:10 AM
  • Wouldn't that depend on how much talent graduates and how good the talent is coming back? It certainly helps that there are 4 classes in soccer now compared to the 3 there used to be.

-- Posted by crackerjack on Mon, Oct 31, 2016, at 2:23 PM
  • Very good team. Excited to see next year

-- Posted by Murphdogg on Mon, Oct 31, 2016, at 9:14 PM
  • @Bogeyman well, highschool soccer only consists two 40-minute halfs which is a total of 80 mins.

-- Posted by sportsfreak on Fri, Jan 27, 2017, at 11:51 AM
  • Great 10 less minutes of boredom.

-- Posted by Bogey Man on Fri, Feb 17, 2017, at 10:58 AM
  • CentralBearcats, this team has talent. They lost a senior leader due to a major health catastrophe early in the year and lost another senior due to an ACL tear. They overcame adversity this year, let me tell ya

-- Posted by grizzliesfan348 on Thu, Mar 16, 2017, at 10:52 AM
  • I'm not a huge fan of soccer either but are there people forcing you against your will to watch it? I catch a game or two if I'm up to it, and if it's on tv I usually change it. Same with track and field. Hope you all aren't losing too much sleep over the sport and the athletes that play it. Not crazy about the World Cup coming again next summer but hey, I can Netflix instead. I have this fancy satellite dish on my roof in Benton and it allows me to watch 100's of channels- not just soccer.

-- Posted by hawkeye1985 on Wed, Jun 28, 2017, at 10:08 PM

...passive and low testosterone Daddy's.

-- Posted by BTIndians

Frankly, the world could do with a few more of these sorts of daddies, and at least one fewer apostrophe.

-- Posted by Captain Awesome on Thu, Jun 29, 2017, at 12:31 AM
  • they need to just recruit a few more players to replace the other recruits that graduated

-- Posted by chsfan185 on Thu, Jun 29, 2017, at 1:24 AM

I've deleted a number of posts in this thread because there's no need for the discussion to devolve into insults, regardless of whether they're aimed at an individual, a school or a segment of the population.

Let's please try to keep conversations here productive, and if you don't like a particular sport, I encourage you to avoid looking at threads with that sport in the title. I would hope your time is more precious than that.

Thank you.

-- Posted by Josh Mlot on Thu, Jun 29, 2017, at 2:16 PM
  • Thanks for policing the threads. I agree no need to insult players or teams on here. Anyone know about Saxony soccer this year? Believe they were pretty good last year don't know how many players they lost though.

-- Posted by Murphdogg on Sun, Jul 16, 2017, at 9:42 PM

Respond to this thread

Posting a comment requires free registration: