Semoball

High School Football Forum: C'ville @ Malden

Posted by JustSpeakingTheTruth on Tue, Nov 3, 2015, at 9:35 PM:

Earlier in the season these 2 teams tangled and Malden pulled off a 1 point victory! Both teams appear to be clicking right now! Malden's high powered offense is doing what it do, but they've appeared to struggle defensively when playing against a running QB who can also pass like Faulkner of C'ville. Will this be another game where Malden will be forced to score 80 just to secure the victory or is C'ville capable of slowing down the Mighty Green Wave just enough to allow Faulkner and the C'ville offense to out score them?

Replies (32)

• Should be a dandy! I think Cville pulls it out there by a safety, 36-34.

-- Posted by Squeak on Tue, Nov 3, 2015, at 9:41 PM
  • The only way C'Ville wins, is if Malden falls victim to turnovers..... which, by the way, can happen in any game!

-- Posted by semo7178 on Tue, Nov 3, 2015, at 9:47 PM

It will definitely be fun to watch!

-- Posted by JustSpeakingTheTruth on Tue, Nov 3, 2015, at 11:41 PM
  • The team that wins the turnover battle usually wins the game, but to say that's Caruthersville's only chance when it was only a one-point win for Malden the last time they played seems to me to be a bit of a stretch.

-- Posted by Preacher Man Fan on Wed, Nov 4, 2015, at 12:17 AM

Riley, Gray, Thompson, and Thompson will have to exemplify the same leadership they've shown all season long. They don't necessarily need a lot of big plays, but discipline will be required! Gray will have to own the edge and refuse to allow Faulkner to get outside of him. Nick Thompson is always disciplined in the middle but he'll need to keep his down linemen encouraged and on fire! If they'll fill their gap responsibility every play Nick will clean up the mess. Riley needs to just be smart and continue to make good decisions. Kylus Thompson has to be effective in selling the pass and that means running those decoys like a pro. No one needs to take any plays off! The reason I believe these 4 will be so instrumental is Nick, Riley, and Gray remembers the road to the final 4 and they want to be in the dome. Kylus has already been to the dome w Cape Central last year and it felt good being there! He wants to go back! This is the last chance for these 4 seniors!

-- Posted by JustSpeakingTheTruth on Wed, Nov 4, 2015, at 5:59 AM

I know Malden lost a couple of linemen to injuries throughout the season. Does anyone know if any of these guys will be returning to play?

-- Posted by JustSpeakingTheTruth on Wed, Nov 4, 2015, at 9:14 PM
  • I believe Cville will win this one One of Cvilles best players the sophomore running back didn't play that game and word from some of my friends is the Thompson kid is not 100 percent due to an ankle injury It should be a good one

-- Posted by Kennett fan on Thu, Nov 5, 2015, at 5:53 AM
  • Two linemen are back but not 100%

-- Posted by Oldschool15 on Thu, Nov 5, 2015, at 11:32 AM

Thanks, Oldschool15! Hopefully they're getting stronger.

-- Posted by JustSpeakingTheTruth on Thu, Nov 5, 2015, at 12:33 PM

C'ville gave Malden all they wanted! I just love the fight in the Green Wave! These boys never doubted that they would win.

-- Posted by JustSpeakingTheTruth on Fri, Nov 6, 2015, at 10:01 PM
  • Guess that 10x better Caruthersville defense statement was a little off, lol.

-- Posted by mobrigade on Fri, Nov 6, 2015, at 11:00 PM

Both teams were tough! I don't have any "I told you so" statements for C'ville fans! I say, "Congrats on a good year! Your players fought hard till the bitter end!" C'ville definitely played a few tougher teams than the Wave faced during the season.

Now for Kennett Fan on the other hand! I'm waiting to see if he'll rear his head! I recall his very disrespectful statements about Malden being a one and done team. He declared this time last year that he was certain C'ville would be back in the driver's seat this year and Malden would be a mediocre team! He was also certain that this would be Kennett's year! Now he don't have time to post except every now and then. LOL

-- Posted by JustSpeakingTheTruth on Fri, Nov 6, 2015, at 11:25 PM
  • We sent Kennett Fan to basketball season last week. He'll be a no show.

-- Posted by RichardTheTurd on Fri, Nov 6, 2015, at 11:30 PM

I see! 😏😏

-- Posted by JustSpeakingTheTruth on Fri, Nov 6, 2015, at 11:33 PM
  • I thought the first time we played cville we had an off night and even though the score was closer I felt like we were better and controlled the game and were definitely going to win ,tonight was a whole different story I didn't feel we had an off night but cville came to play and it was all we wanted hats off to you guys you had a game plan and executed and played your heart out .hoping for same time same place next year.

-- Posted by Ramfanman on Fri, Nov 6, 2015, at 11:46 PM

C'ville played real tough to hold Nick Thompson to a net of 43 rushing yards!

-- Posted by JustSpeakingTheTruth on Fri, Nov 6, 2015, at 11:52 PM

Heck of a game by both teams. Rooting for you guys next week! Rep Semo well fellas.

-- Posted by Cheesehead. on Sat, Nov 7, 2015, at 12:24 AM
  • Definitely was a great game. Good to see the players and coaches keep it classy. Sometimes parents get in the way of that...

-- Posted by footballjunkie on Sat, Nov 7, 2015, at 5:22 AM
  • I agree cheese. Neither team deserve to lose.. Faulkner kid is a heck of an athlete and was very hard to stop! First time all year Malden couldn't lineup and just run over you.

-- Posted by Oldschool15 on Sat, Nov 7, 2015, at 8:48 AM
  • I thought Cville would win the districts and thought Malden would be a one and done district champ. I was wrong. Malden did much better than I thought they would. They are still a good team. I did predict Kennett would win anywhere from 8-10 games and they won 8 games this year. I thought they would win their district or at least get to the final and I was wrong.

-- Posted by Kennett fan on Sat, Nov 7, 2015, at 8:51 AM
  • Imo,Malden or Caruthersville could easily compete with class 3 district champions.

-- Posted by Oldschool15 on Sat, Nov 7, 2015, at 9:08 AM

Kennett Fan, I can respect that. A man that makes such bold predictions should be bold enough to live with them when he's wrong. I'll leave you alone now.

-- Posted by JustSpeakingTheTruth on Sat, Nov 7, 2015, at 9:20 AM
  • Kennett would be thrilled to be a one and done district champ....

-- Posted by footballjunkie on Sat, Nov 7, 2015, at 9:50 AM
  • Congratulations to Caruthersville! To me they didn't look that impressive in person but man that team is scrappy. They showed a lot of heart. Very physical for their size.

-- Posted by Maldenguest on Sat, Nov 7, 2015, at 1:17 PM
  • Just speaking the truth ,

Thank you. I really hope Malden wins it all They are very well coached and they have done great this year. I apologize for any negative comments I have said last year or this year I may try to make the ritter trip but if the green wave win I will go to the semi final if it's at Malden Good seasons for Kennett Cville and the best of luck to the green wave

-- Posted by Kennett fan on Sat, Nov 7, 2015, at 1:32 PM

Kennett did definitely have a good year! Glad to know that you'll cheer the Wave on.

-- Posted by JustSpeakingTheTruth on Sat, Nov 7, 2015, at 2:07 PM
  • We're seeing hopefully a trend w better bootheel fb, Malden and Cville constantly turning out legit teams, Kennett steadily getting better under the Pixley duo, EP and Hayti were better this year, while the northern half of the district (and NM) continue to struggle.

-- Posted by mobrigade on Sat, Nov 7, 2015, at 10:24 PM
  • How do you think Malden would handle Liberty?

-- Posted by 4REAL on Mon, Nov 9, 2015, at 8:46 AM
  • Not sure how Malden stacks up against Liberty. I know they, (Mountain View) beat the tigers early this season without some starting players, one of them was the starting quarterback. I promise you Caruthersville is not the same team without Faulkner in the backfield! He's a dual threat and really hard to stop.

-- Posted by Oldschool15 on Mon, Nov 9, 2015, at 10:11 AM
  • Maybe cheese can give us some insight .

-- Posted by Oldschool15 on Mon, Nov 9, 2015, at 10:12 AM
  • As was Liberty they were missing a total of 5 varsity players, Now LHS had their QB, but were missing key players that they have been able to get back.

-- Posted by 4REAL on Mon, Nov 9, 2015, at 10:31 AM
  • 4 missing starters not 5. my bat...:( old age

-- Posted by 4REAL on Mon, Nov 9, 2015, at 10:35 AM

Respond to this thread

Posting a comment requires free registration: